PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw doesn't want a reduction on Ben

SteelJunkie
09-02-2010, 11:49 PM
When will this guy ever shut up? He has a short memory, I don't recall him being a role model while playing. I hope he continues to stay away from Pittsburgh.

Former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw said he hopes commissioner Roger Goodell keeps Ben Roethlisberger's suspension at six games, according to a report in the Shreveport Times.

"Going to bars -- treating women like that; oh my God," Bradshaw said. "I pray they don't cut [his NFL suspension] to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

The 28-year-old Roethlisbgerger was suspended in April for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy a week after prosecutors decided not charge him in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Roethlisberger is scheduled to meet with Goodell on Friday to seek a reduction in the suspension.

Sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask Goodell to lessen the ban to three games and will bring along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case.

Bradshaw, who won four Super Bowls as the Steelers' starting quarterback in the 1970s, was also critical of Roethlisberger in April, when the allegations came to light.

"He has got to realize who he is," Bradshaw said at the time at his golf tournament in Louisiana. "He is an elite athlete in the National Football League. He's got an image problem right now. Best thing to do is never put yourself in that position again."

Roethlisberger played two series in the Steelers' final preseason game, completing 4 of 6 passes for 39 yards against the Carolina Panthers in Pittsburgh.

Byron Leftwich, expected to be the Steelers' starting quarterback while Roethlisberger is suspended, hurt his left knee during the first half Thursday.

Leftwich completed an 18-yard pass to rookie Emmanuel Sanders before being knocked off his feet as running back Mewelde Moore attempted to block safety Marcus Hudson. The play occurred with 10:25 left in the second quarter Thursday night.

Leftwich was examined by team doctors on a stretcher behind the Steelers' bench, then limped into a nearby tunnel that leads to the locker room. Team officials said he would not return to the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5525039

coldrolled
09-02-2010, 11:54 PM
hes protecting his TV image...

MattyVfromCT
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
let's also not forget that him and ben don't like each other at all. that plays a big part in this as well.............

DanRooney
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
He realized that nobody cares about him anymore and doesn't want Ben to break all of his records. He might as well be blowing the Carolina horn for all I care.

airbrake 1
09-03-2010, 12:01 AM
terry is the only person who can say something like this without a terrible backlash ....the steeler nation deserves whatever goodell decides because a certain portion of the steeler nation went benedict arnold on ben...you know who you are you turncoats don't start acting like you like ben know ...you weak kneed fair-weathered fans

Real Deal Steel
09-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Bradshaw is scared that Ben will win as many Super Bowls as him. It's obvious. He's just like Don Shula and the rest of those old Dolphin idiots every time the final undefeated team loses a game.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Im so tired of Bradshaw yapping about Ben... we get it already, you don't like him.

igor0190
09-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Shut your mouth Bradshaw

Black@Gold Forever32
09-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Terry needs to STFU already......I swear I hope somebody beats Terry to death with a baseball bat.......

Dobre Shunka
09-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Terry has always had head problems. That's what made him such a fierce competitor on the field, and so obnoxious off. Thankfully, he's one of a kind. Don't sweat what he says much, Terry is just Terry. No big deal really.

Steel Trap86
09-03-2010, 01:31 AM
lol he doesn't care about ben going to bars and degrading women, he's just hating on him again. it's obviously a personal thing. and even if it were to stay at 6, ben is still going to come back and tear the league up lol and i guarentee you he wins at least one more superbowl as a steeler

Prosdo
09-03-2010, 04:30 AM
I like Bradshaw and everything, but for real knock it off. I'm sick of hearing him yapping about Ben.

steelersbabex25
09-03-2010, 07:24 AM
He NEVER liked Ben from the start. I feel like he's a 13 year-old girl in middle school gossiping about someone he doesn't like. Get over yourself Terry.

Dean Denton
09-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Come on you guys...Bradshaw was really excited about Ben his rookie and second year and had nothing but nice things to say about him until Ben put his head through that car window. Ben has done this to himself, and it was Terry that tried to help him with his image, but Ben gave him the big FU about the helmet thing, then it just went in the crapper. I'm willing to bet that Terry would be the biggest Ben fan if Ben wasn't such a dick head. Terry has earned the right to say what ever he wants when it comes to the Steelers and their retarded players. Look at the situation Ben has put this team in over the last few years, and look at what Terry did for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh. Looking at what other players have done and been busted for, and what Ben has gotten himself into I dont think he should get 6 games, but I understand why Terry is saying this. Any other player on this team would have been cut for this, and you all know it....

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Come on you guys...Bradshaw was really excited about Ben his rookie and second year and had nothing but nice things to say about him until Ben put his head through that car window. Ben has done this to himself, and it was Terry that tried to help him with his image, but Ben gave him the big FU about the helmet thing, then it just went in the crapper. I'm willing to bet that Terry would be the biggest Ben fan if Ben wasn't such a dick head. Terry has earned the right to say what ever he wants when it comes to the Steelers and their retarded players. Look at the situation Ben has put this team in over the last few years, and look at what Terry did for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh. Looking at what other players have done and been busted for, and what Ben has gotten himself into I dont think he should get 6 games, but I understand why Terry is saying this. Any other player on this team would have been cut for this, and you all know it....

You hear Bradshaw bitching and moaning about Ben not wearing a helmet and mistreating women but you never hear Roethlisberger mention that Terry was a steroid abuser or has been through 3 failed marriages. Yeah steroids was legal back then but so is riding your bike without a helmet in the state of PA. Tit for tat? :yellowthumb:.

Blazedby92
09-03-2010, 08:15 AM
steeler nation deserves whatever goodell decides because a certain portion of the steeler nation went benedict arnold on ben...you know who you are you turncoats don't start acting like you like ben know ...you weak kneed fair-weathered fans

Thank You :plus1::clap::evilshake:

:willybs::willybs:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
In the beginning Terry was right to try and help Ben as a HOF'er to a young QB. Now Ben is a elite, veteran QB... Terry made his point and now he should avoid all Ben conversations that dont involve his on-field play. Hard to fault either guy more than the other... but the worst i can remember Ben saying about bradshaw was that if Terry won four SB's he wants to win atleast 5. Nothing wrong with that!

Dean Denton
09-03-2010, 08:26 AM
You hear Bradshaw bitching and moaning about Ben not wearing a helmet and mistreating women but you never hear Roethlisberger mention that Terry was a steroid abuser or has been through 3 failed marriages. Yeah steroids was legal back then but so is riding your bike without a helmet in the state of PA. Tit for tat? :yellowthumb:. Failed marriages, who cares? Did it effect the team and its fans? No, not at all. Last time I checked Ali went through about 10 wives, and there isn't a person on this planet that would give up their seat for him. And roids, **** man, I think every player in the 70's did that. Different area in sports. And I'm willing to bet that Ben wishes he had listened and put that helmet on. Just because you dont have to wear it doesn't mean you shouldn't. Its called common sense. Something Ben clearly lacks, and thats why Terry give him so much ****. Its not like Terry is wrong with what he says to him. Pretty sure everyone says it to him.....

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Failed marriages, who cares? Did it effect the team and its fans? No, not at all. Last time I checked Ali went through about 10 wives, and there isn't a person on this planet that would give up their seat for him. And roids, **** man, I think every player in the 70's did that. Different area in sports. And I'm willing to bet that Ben wishes he had listened and put that helmet on. Just because you dont have to wear it doesn't mean you shouldn't. Its called common sense. Something Ben clearly lacks, and thats why Terry give him so much ****. Its not like Terry is wrong with what he says to him. Pretty sure everyone says it to him.....

Bradshaw doesn't care about the Steelers. Remember this?

Bradshaw later admitted he would have rather played for the Saints in his career:

Bradshaw says he's "eternally grateful" for his time in Pittsburgh, which produced four championships. However, he can't help but dream about a do over.

"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."

Dean Denton
09-03-2010, 08:32 AM

Bradshaw later admitted he would have rather played for the Saints in his career:

Bradshaw says he's "eternally grateful" for his time in Pittsburgh, which produced four championships. However, he can't help but dream about a do over.

"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."Wow, that makes me really sad. Thanks for wrecking my day. I'm going to bed and on the way I'm throwing my, Failure to launch DVD in the trash. God, think how good Terry could have been if he really cared about the Steelers. I feel cheated...:evilshake:

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Wow, that makes me really sad. Thanks for wrecking my day. I'm going to bed and on the way I'm throwing my, Failure to launch DVD in the trash. God, think how good Terry could have been if he really cared about the Steelers. I feel cheated...:evilshake:

You bought failure to launch? lolz.

LarryNJ
09-03-2010, 08:42 AM

"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."

:lol: Please tell me you are joking. Yes Terry that would have been very cool. He's from there, he played college ball there. I'm sure you could find many many players say the same thing, they wish they could have played for their home team and won 4 Super Bowls. I'll bet Peyton Manning says the same thing.

BTW: I agree with you Dean. I'm sure Terry didn't call up and say I want to talk about Ben. He was ask a question and he answered it. Is it a honest answer or an answer that he knows will put him in the spotlight which in turn helps his career and show? I don't know but I'd guess he's past the point of needing the self promotion and it's simply his opinion.

SteelDad
09-03-2010, 11:26 AM
It's interesting to read some of the comments here regarding TB. First of all, I'm biased. He was my hero growing up and I'm glad he was because as I got older I learned that even our heroes have flaws and problems and I'm hoping to impart that on my children as well who have had lots of questions about their current favorite player, BR. I too wish TB would shut up regarding this issue. He has made his feelings clear and should no longer be commenting on it unless something new should occur. We get it Terry, now move on. As for TB, wishing he could do it over again maybe as a Saint, perhaps some of you do not realize the horrible years TB went through in the 'burgh. Yes, some of it was self-inflicted, but TB has always been a guy with 'issues' and only over the last 10-15 years has he been able to come out publicly about his depression and anxiety problems. Yes it sucks that he and Ben don't get along, but if anyone knows the pitfalls of playing QB in Pittsburgh, it's Terry.

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
TERRY = :attention:

K Train
09-03-2010, 11:42 AM
bradshaw is an always has been an idiot. i hope he gets raped and dies in a fire. he has always hated ben, and the sad thing is hes such old news now and still considers himself a steeler authority like his opinion means something

not saying ben isnt an idiot, but no one cares what bradshaw thinks

the only people that care are people who like above consider him their hero cause he was able to ride a championship defense to glory.

just sayin

HUNT4SEVEN
09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Failed marriages, who cares? Did it effect the team and its fans? No, not at all. Last time I checked Ali went through about 10 wives, and there isn't a person on this planet that would give up their seat for him. And roids, **** man, I think every player in the 70's did that. Different area in sports. And I'm willing to bet that Ben wishes he had listened and put that helmet on. Just because you dont have to wear it doesn't mean you shouldn't. Its called common sense. Something Ben clearly lacks, and thats why Terry give him so much ****. Its not like Terry is wrong with what he says to him. Pretty sure everyone says it to him.....

:clap::clap::clap: Well said...and i agree:tt02:

SteelDad
09-03-2010, 02:38 PM
bradshaw is an always has been an idiot. i hope he gets raped and dies in a fire. he has always hated ben, and the sad thing is hes such old news now and still considers himself a steeler authority like his opinion means something

not saying ben isnt an idiot, but no one cares what bradshaw thinks

the only people that care are people who like above consider him their hero cause he was able to ride a championship defense to glory.

just sayin

Who rode who in XIII? A championship defense doesn't give up 31 points. And what of XIV? We trailed in the 4th quarter.... He was a league MVP for christ's sake. Not like the guy was Trent Dilfer.... As I stated, the great things about having our favorite players is that we better be willing to accept them for who they are and their faults. I know TB can be a complete idiot and a total dipshit, but that doesn't mean we still can't find qualities in these guys we like. I don't care what TB thinks most of the time either, but he is who he is. As for him being an authority, QBing 4 SB teams gives you a little leeway I would say.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
bradshaw:bigfinger: he forgot he had stalworth and swanny and the baddest defense that ever lived. he(brad? what the hell was his name?) is a rich stupid son of bitch from loozyiana whom aut to shut up cuz there is definitely worse then ben. If ben had been on another team like B...more nothing would have happened to him. The Steelers are brand driven and do care about the brand image and that image was tarnished. So, don't dirty up the furniture team or you are gonna pay. IMO.

SteelDad
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
bradshaw:bigfinger:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion...

Iron City South
09-03-2010, 03:14 PM
5 rounds .... Octagon

......there's no other way to settle this.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2010, 03:18 PM
It's Bradshaw, he's been out of the Steeler loop for no long nobody cares what he thinks. He comes to Heinz Field now and then, takes in all the cheers and applause and then goes back to doing his thing.

Everybody knows they don't get along, big deal, so what, get over it Terry.

SteelDad
09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
5 rounds .... Octagon

......there's no other way to settle this.

Love it. My ground game needs work though.:lol:

--- Added 9/3/2010 at 01:28 PM ---

It's Bradshaw, he's been out of the Steeler loop for no long nobody cares what he thinks. He comes to Heinz Field now and then, takes in all the cheers and applause and then goes back to doing his thing.

Everybody knows they don't get along, big deal, so what, get over it Terry.

Totally agree. Why he needs to get involved with this stuff is beyond me. I know it helps him feel relevant and feel important, but it does just make him look worse in the end. Important thing now is that we all know BR is out 4 games and we need to pull together and get this team going in his absence.

KSSteelerfan
09-03-2010, 04:56 PM
If Bradshaw's going to throw his :2cents: worth in on Ben why isn't he as outraged about other players in the NFL and their less than stellar behavior. What a hypocrite!!:rant2:

Dean Denton
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
If Bradshaw's going to throw his :2cents: worth in on Ben why isn't he as outraged about other players in the NFL and their less than stellar behavior. What a hypocrite!!:rant2: Becuase unlike what some people might think, Terry cares about the city of Pittsburgh. He owes everything to them. If Terry would have played for the Saints and not the Burgh we would never even know who he is. Terry is a Steeler fan, how could he not be. Terry was one of the many players that changed that franchise around, and really helped put them at the top of the NFL. How can you not tell when he goes over the high lights of the games on fox?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I see both sides were people are coming from but I hate when retired old farts make comments about current players......

I'm a huge Michael Jordan fan and he is my favorite athlete of all time.....But I said the same thing when Jordan opened his mouth about King James.....Michael shut the **** up since you don't matter anymore....lol You're retired and rich so just enjoy the rest of your and keep your mouth shut.....Same goes for Terry Bradshaw..........

I respect what great players from the past did for their respective team or sport but I could careless what they think about whats going in the current sports world.....Sure they're entitled to their opinions but to me they sound like whining little bitches.....