PDA

View Full Version : Starters look shakey, but backups shine in final preaseason game

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Ben and the starters played the first quarter and looked shaky at best. They had one nice drive but it stalled out in the red zone when Ben overshot Moore. The starting defense looked like crap, they were getting run and passed on by the backups of Carolina.

Im just glad it's over now and we can get ready for the real games. Dixon only threw 1 pass but it was good for a TD. Batch went the rest of the way and didn't throw much. Im sure Tomlin was worried about any injury to him since Lefty is hurt now. It was a good chance to work on the running game, which looked real good tonight with Dwyer and Redman.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Mundy, Butler, Baily, Redman, and Dwyer all looked great tonight. If we can get the running game to produce like it has the last 2 weeks we'll be in good shape. Of course that was against backups and now it's time to get ready for the real games.

coldrolled
09-02-2010, 11:49 PM
sylvester had a bunch of action going on...

5 tackles, one assist, and a sack.

Butler 5 tackles, one assist.

DanRooney
09-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Ben pretty much converted that 3rd and 17 after Pouncey's botched snap and illegal whatever (at least he's getting those out of the way before the regular season). Not concerned with the franchise at all he looks sharp.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Pouncey looked rough tonight, bad snap and the false start. I don't put much stock in how the starters play in preseason but you usually like to see them atleast show some momentum before being pulled. They hate preseason anyways and none of them like actually playing in games that don't count. I expect them to come out firing and be explosive when they open the season.

UKSTEELER
09-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Bailey and Sly looked really good.

Foote missed a tackle in the backfield.

I'd keep either of these over Foote.

I can't see how they can let Sly go to PS, so if there was one more spot available I'd give it Bailey over Foote in a heart beat.

Timmons again looked great.

steelersbabex25
09-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Bailey looked amazing. He was all over the field.

steelspikes
09-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Baily needs to be kept for special teams alone; he's one of our best.