PDA

View Full Version : A closer look into just how good Timmons is

DanRooney
09-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Video here:
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=9924

Timmons flashes versatility

By Dagger, on September 1st, 2010
We hear a lot of talk about Polamaluís versatility and what his skill set allows LeBeau to do with him on the field. Well I think the same can be said for Lawrence Timmons. How nice is it for a defensive coordinator to have an Inside Linebacker capable of blitzing like a demon, stuffing the run, hitting like a truck, playing man-to-man on TEs/WRs, dropping back into zone coverage, following RBs into the flat, etcÖ.?

Silverback
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Maybe the only bright spot in that game was Timmons' play. Hes improved leaps and bounds in the run game, his scrape and fill is way better. Still think his tackling isn't what it could be with his explosiveness though, not low enough most of the time.

K Train
09-02-2010, 03:17 PM
it gave me chills to see timmons smash the run game to pieces by himself...taking on blcokers and blowing their **** up....awesome

Blazedby92
09-02-2010, 03:28 PM
If he can be consistent in the run stuffing dept. there is no limit to what he can do.
This should be Timmons year

Steel Trap86
09-02-2010, 04:10 PM
I've liked Timmons ever since this day

TheButt
09-02-2010, 06:08 PM
He is a hell of a player -- very explosive.

His downfall is that he is soft. He wont make the entire season.

Bank on it. :bonk:

Real Deal Steel
09-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Timmons was a steal from what it looks like. We will need every bit of defense against Atlanta.

igor0190
09-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Timmons was a steal from what it looks like. We will need every bit of defense against Atlanta.

A steal? :thinking:

Umm.. he was a first rounder, 2nd LB taken after Patrick Willis in that years draft. Definately not a steal. Hopefully this is his coming out party though!! Judgin by that footage, if he stays healthy he is going to wreck some sh#t this year!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Timmons was one of the bright spots in an otherwise blah performance from the starters tonight. Im excited to see him have a breakout season this year. The kid is poised to be just beast on everybody he comes across.

jpele
09-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I hate to be negative,but wasn't last year supposed to be his breakout year ? I have high hopes for Timmons but will wait til he plays a few meaningful games before I say he looks like a # 1 pick.