PDA

View Full Version : No suspension for Shaun Rodgers

SteelJunkie
08-31-2010, 12:33 PM
How the hell can you take a gun to the airport and not get a suspension for stupidity.

The Cleveland Browns received some good news Tuesday regarding defensive lineman Shaun Rogers.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rogers will not be suspended by the NFL for his arrest this offseason for carrying a gun at a Cleveland airport. But Rogers will be fined by the league, according to Schefter.

Rogers is eligible for Cleveland's regular-season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sept. 12. But it is not known if he will play. Rogers has missed all of training camp and the preseason while recovering from a broken leg.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/16730/schefter-no-suspension-for-shaun-rogers

KSSteelerfan
08-31-2010, 02:04 PM
What in the wide wide world of sports is a going on here? BB gets a 4-6 gamer for his off the field behavior but Shaun gets no suspension but a fine? What kind of a kangaroo court is Roger Goodell running here!!!! :rant2:

nuclearchihuahuas
08-31-2010, 02:36 PM
This is more injustice than a fan can take. Clearly there is no fair play or regards for fan sentiments where The Steeler Nation is concerned. I'm not generally paranoid but it truly seems like Goodell is out to spite us. Either that or he is setting himself up to look like the almighty benevolent one when he reduces the suspension to less than 4 games but I have got to say that based upon the commish's actions recently if he doesn't let Ben off completely he certainly isn't dispensing justice fairly and should be removed from the bench -- so to speak

KemoTherapy
08-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Double standard anyone??.

LatrobePA
08-31-2010, 03:53 PM
The gun was loaded with one in te chamber too, wasn't it??

TampaSteelGirl
08-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Silly boys....he's not a Steeler, thats why he won't get a suspension! Get it????

jpele
08-31-2010, 05:39 PM
You crazy people, Rogers was arrested not accused. Accusations bring suspensions in Goodells world.

Silverback
08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. This is such a contradiction and doesn't fit at all with the precedent Goodell set with the Big Ben suspension(which was bs).

--- Added 8/31/2010 at 05:08 PM ---

The gun was loaded with one in te chamber too, wasn't it??

Yes sir. :evilshake:

Prosdo
08-31-2010, 11:36 PM
I really don't see how he didn't get suspended for this one.

LatrobePA
09-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. This is such a contradiction and doesn't fit at all with the precedent Goodell set with the Big Ben suspension(which was bs).

--- Added 8/31/2010 at 05:08 PM ---

Yes sir. :evilshake:

This isn't even close in my book...A lot of what ifs with this one, had it found it's way on the plane and went off in flight real bad things could of happened.

This one IMO was cut and dry!!

Blitzburgh55
09-01-2010, 12:44 AM
its cuze Godell just make one big to seem tough first it was pacman and henry then he had to suspend a whiite qb now he dosent do ****

Steel Trap86
09-01-2010, 01:50 AM
ben's 6 game suspension will most definitely be reduced

KSSteelerfan
09-01-2010, 03:29 AM
ben's 6 game suspension will most definitely be reduced

I would think so after a joke of a decision by Goodell in regards to Shaun Rogers.

Steel Trap86
09-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I was on the edge of how I felt about Goodell before, but now I see Goodell really is a f*cking balloon head

Dean Denton
09-02-2010, 05:56 AM
You guys are missing the point here. What's worse then a suspension or jail time? Having to play for the Browns. Really, dont you think thats punishment enough. I think if I played in the NFL I would prefer purgatory over playing for the Browns. Trust me, Rogers is crying tears the size of watermelons right now because his plan to go to jail or get kicked off the team back fired. Going through all thoughs 2-a-days and training camp knowing that you wont win more then 4 games has to crush your spirit. No one on that team thinks they will even be above 500, and thats sad.....Taking money from that fat slob is the next best thing because money is all any of them will ever get. They finish the season with the worst record this year, and I would bet half my SA cash on that.....

mos07
09-02-2010, 03:48 PM
What a joke .....was there a press release explaining why there was just a fine??? If anyone has that, please post it.

JensK
09-03-2010, 06:33 AM
What a joke .....was there a press release explaining why there was just a fine??? If anyone has that, please post it.

Most likely not, as the NFL is not obligated to do so, as the Personal conduct thing is not a "rule" but more of a "guideline" , basically meaning that NFL can do whatever they feel like without needing to explain it.

steelersbabex25
09-03-2010, 07:40 AM
So just so we're clear..some crazy drunken college girl in a bar in Georgia accuses Ben of raping her, everyone steps up and saw they never say anything. No jail time, no charges, nothing. BUT he gets suspended for 4-6 games. Shaun Rodgers brings a LOADED gun to an AIRPORT (which as we all know is a pretty big :nono:) and NOTHING happens to him?! :thinking: I don't know. Sounds like Goodell needs to get his $hit straight.

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
All I have to say is Goodell BETTER make this right with Ben today!!!

Vince Young assaults someone IN A STRIP CLUB (morals???) and nothing...this with Rodgers, that Colts player gets accused of sexual assault, the Charger player gets a DUI or drug charges or something like that..Merriman accused of assault Tila "the hooker" Tequila and nothing....where is the logic here???????? Most the issues with the players came AFTER Ben's decision....Goodell must have a serious case of alzheimers!!!

KSSteelerfan
09-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Let's all face the fact that Goodell operates a kangaroo court in the NFL...At first I thought that no one can be this biased against the Steelers. Then Goodell goes and makes a believer out of me in his bias against the Black and Gold.:nono: