PDA

View Full Version : Suprise cuts, lets hear them!

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 08:52 AM
For me, Larry Foote, Lewis, Logan (may not be a big suprise more like the wrong cut)....

K Train
08-30-2010, 08:53 AM
no way they cut lewis like that

Prosdo
08-30-2010, 08:53 AM
I agree with Logan. I think Antonio Brown is more valuable on the roster. He can return the ball but he is also a WR that has showed promise.

K Train
08-30-2010, 08:54 AM
antonio brown showed that he in fact can not be a good returner

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 09:02 AM

LOL, True Story!!!! I wanna go on the assumption that the returners were "given the greenlight" early in the game to try and prove their worth... cause if not they all look like straight up @ss in decision making!!!

My suprise cuts??? Not really suprises...

Hartwig- He looked like $hit against Denvers 3rd string... and he's making starter money! By b*tch!

Arnaz Battle- He isnt gonna offer much in the way of WR and Madison got alot of Cb play yesterday. I think Lewis and Madison are our gunners and El beats out Battle due to the fact he is a "smart" return man in an emergency!

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Hartwig I'm sure has his locker cleaned out by now.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 09:31 AM

he needs to clean his WR skills. forget the returns...

keep logan...

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Lewis smashed some **** up going into the Steelers locker room, Tomlin isn't pleased, he may be gone!

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Lewis smashed some **** up going into the Steelers locker room, Tomlin isn't pleased, he may be gone!

Crezdon Butler has the tools, let him in with the bigger boys and let him play.

Zachintosh66
08-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Every single O Lineman that doesnt start...

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Every single O Lineman that doesnt start...

And public enemy one should be driving the van full of them out of here.

harpo
08-30-2010, 01:23 PM
he needs to clean his WR skills. forget the returns...

keep logan...

I wouldn't close the door on Brown just yet as a PR. He actually did pretty good returning in the game against the Giants. He was decisive and confident. Last night it seemed as if he was the exact opposite. The biggest mistake was even catching that ball in the first place near the goal line. If it's beyond the 10 yard line, let it go. I think he was trying too hard to make something happen.

But i'm not surprised that he had a setback. As a matter of fact, I expect those types of mental errors from a 22 year-old rookie. The question is, 'Will he learn from his mistakes and grow as a player'?

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't close the door on Brown just yet as a PR. He actually did pretty good returning in the game against the Giants. He was decisive and confident. Last night it seemed as if he was the exact opposite. The biggest mistake was even catching that ball in the first place near the goal line. If it's beyond the 10 yard line, let it go. I think he was trying too hard to make something happen.

But i'm not surprised that he had a setback. As a matter of fact, I expect those types of mental errors from a 22 year-old rookie. The question is, 'Will he learn from his mistakes and grow as a player'?

there was a lot of exact opposites going on last night from last week.

harpo
08-30-2010, 01:27 PM

LOL.....true, can't argue with that. :lol:

Zachintosh66
08-30-2010, 02:41 PM
And public enemy one should be driving the van full of them out of here.

Speak the truth!

SteelDad
08-30-2010, 03:24 PM
A week ago, I really thought Logan was gone, but now I'm not so sure. I can see Foote getting cut too and I think Hartwig has become a no-brainer. Is there anywhere we can find room for Grisham? I love how the kid plays.

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 03:29 PM
A week ago, I really thought Logan was gone, but now I'm not so sure. I can see Foote getting cut too and I think Hartwig has become a no-brainer. Is there anywhere we can find room for Grisham? I love how the kid plays.

I agree, he's a poor mans Wes Welker kinda clone...

SteelCityKid5
08-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Wes Welker is Wes Welker. Quit comparing every damn white wide receiver to Wes Welker.

nuclearchihuahuas
08-30-2010, 03:35 PM

I was surprised at how poorly he did on the returns :evilshake:

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
I was surprised at how poorly he did on the returns :evilshake:

Those were returns.. more like a doe in the high beams...

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Wes Welker is Wes Welker. Quit comparing every damn white wide receiver to Wes Welker.

STFU, stop trolling me and posting **** to every post I do, it's getting old as F*** bro!!!

Seeing how there's not a ton of white boys making plays, get use to it!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 03:48 PM
There is no way Larry Foote doesn't make this team. there is nobody to play MLB behind the starters with any experience other than him. Worilds has hardly played this preseason and missed over 2 weeks of camp. Foote is a no brainer to make the team, and was mainly brought in, in case Farrior falters here and there like last year.

Brown will make the team as well, not so much as a returner, but he'll make it as a WR. He's got that no problem. Brown just has to learn about returning kicks; better he makes those poor decisions in pre season than when it counts.

Logan, he's on the bubble. he's showed flashes so many times but never quite busting free like we hope he'll do.

Lewis is not going to get cut either, he had a great camp and a solid preseason so far, he just played like crap last night. One bad night won't send him packing after playing well before that.

SnakeEyes43
08-30-2010, 04:21 PM
I would think that Foote, Brown, and Lewis are safe. Tomlin has spoken on Lewis saying that Lewis and Wallace have impressed Tomlin the most this off-season....no way Lewis gets cut for one bad game. Plus the kid played aggressive as hell this preseason, which I liked, he just lost his cool last night. Foote provides MLB experience and leadership, and Brown has shown enough this preseason to make the cut imo.

I think we should cut Hartwig, Battle (or El, we only "need" one or the other), and maybe Logan...im not sure about him yet. Also wouldn't mind seeing Summers gone, but that isn't gonna happen.

And the final cut.....BA! :yellowthumb:

Root4Stlrs
08-30-2010, 04:39 PM
The altitude made them all nuts in Denver. Guys switching from z to x and x to z. New center, rb's, te, and the secondary was total musical chairs. We got personal foul after personal foul. I love players being aggressive and swelling up on the man over them but being stupid and causing 1st down after first down for the opponent will put us in a hole that is hard to climb out of during the first four weeks. It seems to me last night players were out for themselves to make their mark and make the team but took a couple steps back when trying to execute. As in Top Gun, this was a game of learning tactics and strategy of what not to do. All the players need to give their best in the last week of pre-season. Time to come together, figure out who is doing what, and get this season going forward Pittsburgh style....

SteelCityKid5
08-30-2010, 05:30 PM
STFU, stop trolling me and posting **** to every post I do, it's getting old as F*** bro!!!

Seeing how there's not a ton of white boys making plays, get use to it!

First off, Im not youre bro. Second of all I can post whatever I want to post. Thirdly if Tyler Grisham was even close to a poor mans Wes Welker he would have made the 53 man roster last year but he didnt. Just cause he's white doesnt make him Wes Welker. Yeah there's not a lot of "white boys" playing wide out because Welker is so damn good hes that exception to the rule. Tyler Grisham will be lucky to sniff the field. Nothing against Grisham but theres too much talent ahead of him. Oh damn, I forgot the exclamation points in my argument. Whoops!!!!!!!!!!!

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 05:33 PM
The altitude made them all nuts in Denver. Guys switching from z to x and x to z. New center, rb's, te, and the secondary was total musical chairs. We got personal foul after personal foul. I love players being aggressive and swelling up on the man over them but being stupid and causing 1st down after first down for the opponent will put us in a hole that is hard to climb out of during the first four weeks. It seems to me last night players were out for themselves to make their mark and make the team but took a couple steps back when trying to execute. As in Top Gun, this was a game of learning tactics and strategy of what not to do. All the players need to give their best in the last week of pre-season. Time to come together, figure out who is doing what, and get this season going forward Pittsburgh style....

i guess that is a reflection of the coaches management of players and player control during the pre-season. they may have to re think their training system.

kinda like the way it looked as if they told dixon to stay in the pocket or else...

SteelDad
08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
RE: Welker and Grisham. I don't think anyone was comparing him to Welker. A 'poor man's Wes Welker' is not exactly a healthy comparison in my book. I just like the way the kid plays. Let's not forget that WW was a special teams guy and sometime used WR at Miami. If you recall in 2006 when we opened the season against the Fins, Welker was all over the field that night. Can Grisham become that kind of player? Maybe, but either way, the color of their skin nor anyone else's should be relevant.

HUNT4SEVEN
08-30-2010, 07:59 PM
HartPig, Foote sucks,UrBUST, errr Urbik, SUMMERS i hope they keep Mchugh over that bum Summers or bring back Carey Davis...AB has not impressed me returning the ball... Logan will make the team based on what he did last year and he's more valuable than Madison...Battle should be gone also

DanRooney
08-30-2010, 08:18 PM
HartPig, Foote sucks,UrBUST, errr Urbik, SUMMERS i hope they keep Mchugh over that bum Summers or bring back Carey Davis...AB has not impressed me returning the ball... Logan will make the team based on what he did last year and he's more valuable than Madison...Battle should be gone also

Carey Davis plays for the Redskins.

I agree Logan makes the team. Brown does too solely as a WR. Urbik, Hartwig and Summers are on the bubble.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 08:37 PM
The coaches seem to have this fascination with Summers, but honestly Im not sold on him. Redman is a no brainer, if it would come down to Dwyer or Summer's I'd be inclined to go with Dwyer at this point. I think Vincent and Summers are on the bubble and if Im picking one I'd consider going with Vincent.

coldrolled
08-31-2010, 09:16 AM
The coaches seem to have this fascination with Summers, but honestly Im not sold on him. Redman is a no brainer, if it would come down to Dwyer or Summer's I'd be inclined to go with Dwyer at this point. I think Vincent and Summers are on the bubble and if Im picking one I'd consider going with Vincent.

summers may get cut since he never gets the ball. but he may be the only one out of redman, vincent, johhnson, legursky, dwayne, mdhugh, that actually knows all the blocking assignments to all the plays? thats all he does right now.. thats all the coaches said good about him. it is possibly the fascination about him??

--- Added 8/31/2010 at 08:16 AM ---

FB Dwayne Wright is off the list now.... hes cut....

Root4Stlrs
08-31-2010, 09:59 AM
There is no way Larry Foote doesn't make this team. there is nobody to play MLB behind the starters with any experience other than him. Worilds has hardly played this preseason and missed over 2 weeks of camp. Foote is a no brainer to make the team, and was mainly brought in, in case Farrior falters here and there like last year.

Brown will make the team as well, not so much as a returner, but he'll make it as a WR. He's got that no problem. Brown just has to learn about returning kicks; better he makes those poor decisions in pre season than when it counts.

Logan, he's on the bubble. he's showed flashes so many times but never quite busting free like we hope he'll do.

Lewis is not going to get cut either, he had a great camp and a solid preseason so far, he just played like crap last night. One bad night won't send him packing after playing well before that.
Larry Foote is also a "character" guy who brings leadership qualities to the team. I think that they need that as well as his ability to play a back-up role.

KemoTherapy
08-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Summers looks terrible every time I see him. His "blocking" when he was in at fullback such as on the Dwyer TD off the right side is atrocious. He never gets a clean shot at anybody when, as a fullback, he should be laying a hat on somebody with every run. I would have expected a LOT higher effort from him if he wants to make the team. If they keep him over Dwyer,who should be given the same courtesy of being given a year to aclimatise himself to the NFL, then I will be really disappointed.

coldrolled
09-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Summers looks terrible every time I see him. His "blocking" when he was in at fullback such as on the Dwyer TD off the right side is atrocious. He never gets a clean shot at anybody when, as a fullback, he should be laying a hat on somebody with every run. I would have expected a LOT higher effort from him if he wants to make the team. If they keep him over Dwyer,who should be given the same courtesy of being given a year to aclimatise himself to the NFL, then I will be really disappointed.

i hope dwyers makes it ahead of summers. if summers gets cut its no big deal. he never ran the ball once... so we are not missing much. it was a thing i read a few weeks back that the coaches said summers was doing good with his blocking assignments.
the coaches are at practice im at home watching one game. i think that was a game sunday...

you pick on summers on not getting a clean shot when we actually scored and he cleared a hole with a half of a block..... what the crap is your critque on the rest of the players... half of them should be on a bus to pittsburgh west already....