PDA

View Full Version : This was an ugly "dress rehearsal" for the Steelers

jtretz
08-29-2010, 11:38 PM
....we looked like absolute crap in every phase of the game. We were out coached. Our quarterbacks mostly looked like sh*t, our defense couln't stop Teebow, our special teams were sh*t and again like always our play calling was f***ing brutal! I am so worried about our year. Why? Quarterbacks? NO! Defense? NO! Coaching, (esp. Arians) F**k YES. The one good thing about our performance tonight was it is preseason and it shows how much work we need before the season begins but with Arians calling the plays I think it's going to be along season! :cursin::banging::evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2010, 11:41 PM
This entire game was a joke!

Coaching stunk!
Keenan Lewis sucked!
The whole QB rotation was a joke.
Nobody seems to be able to kickoff all that well for this team.
Tomlin's decisions in this game all backfired with the exception of starting Pouncey, that was money like we all figured.

The defense couldn't tackle, they over pursued all night long, gave up huge pass and run plays all night. 4 personal fouls in 1 half is ridiculous.

There wasn't many bright spots tonight with the exception of the starting OL which I liked a lot.

mwittman5
08-29-2010, 11:42 PM
the penalties were the biggest joke. had over 90 penalty yards

SteelersWoman
08-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Train wreck comes to mind...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2010, 11:48 PM
I just don't get this cutesy, power puff, approach in the red zone. Line up and run it in, dive for a few yards each time if you have too. This finesse stuff, for a team who is supposed to be getting back to his grass roots, is just not cutting it. If Arians doesn't get a FB on the field and use it the way you're supposed too, then why F'n bother even trying to run!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2010, 12:02 AM
There was some bright spots......Most have touched on Pouncey and that was the one that stood out the most.....

But Dwyer showed some life.......The rookie WR's are talented but raw.......I think both should make the team and will make plays for this team.....Keep El and cut Battle......I have wrestled back and forth with El but I just want both rookies to make the team.....But just cut Battle....that simple....

I thought the light bulb went on some what for both Gibson and Worilds.......Both have a ton to work in the run game.....

Butler made a nice pick but did give up a TD........

Willie Gay made a pick......lol People forget he was ok as a nickel guy but last year he proved he isn't a starter at the NFL level.....

Dean Denton
08-30-2010, 01:50 AM
This team looks like ****....The QB position is a joke. Tomlin better be looking over his shoulder because Cowher is looking his way. They dont even look close to being ready for kick off in two weeks...

DanRooney
08-30-2010, 02:02 AM
I love how Steeler fans underestimate the significance of having a franchise quarterback.

KSSteelerfan
08-30-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm glad that I was not the only one that thought that this was a horrible showing the Steeler's. Can anyone get Flozell "the Hotel" Adams to stop with the false starts already? As Blitz pointed out there really is no excuse for 4 personal fouls on the "D" in the first half. I thought that the Steeler's might get their act together in the second half...but alas it was not too be. After Batch had that one drive that the Steeler's scored on he turned right around that second drive and threw the pick for the T.D.

I was not impressed by the fact that the Steeler's were outplayed in this game.

Dean Denton
08-30-2010, 02:25 AM
I love how Steeler fans underestimate the significance of having a franchise quarterback.

I dont think anyone underestimate's how significant it is, I think everyone is just tired of having a retarded one that has put this team in a state of WTF....

KSSteelerfan
08-30-2010, 02:26 AM
I dont think anyone underestimate's how significant it is, I think everyone is just tired of having a retarded one that has put this team in a state of WTF....

:yellowthumb:

twag
08-30-2010, 05:29 AM
i think dixon was nervous and made some very poor decisions, leftwich was terrible, and the defense is just undisaplined!!!,not to mention all the sorry *** play calling! i hate to say it but i can see a lot of games being lost in the late stages of the game AGAIN this year due to the sorry play calling. that is if we dont jjust penelize ourselves out of the game!!!!:banging::cursin:

steelersbabex25
08-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Nobody looked good except for the offensive line. Not. Good.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Nobody looked good except for the offensive line. Not. Good.

BA needs to get cut from play calling. he plays against everyones on our O's strength it seems almost on purpose.. Dixon was playing like he wasnt allowed to run or he would lose his chance to play. that didnt work out good. lefty was throwing his famous high passes all over the place.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 07:45 AM

Thank you... :clap: I wouldnt have even justified that post with a reply, but i think you did it well!

Zachintosh66
08-30-2010, 07:51 AM
penalties, horrible...
Dixon was bad...
Batch pick 6 was even worse...
Dwyer is a joke (had one good run)...
Brown made bad decisions returning...
penalties, horrible...
Seconday, susupect (still)...
Second team OL, still dont derserve to be in the NFL, period...

Only bright spot, first team OL showed some potential for once

JensK
08-30-2010, 08:06 AM
penalties, horrible...
Dixon was bad...
Batch pick 6 was even worse...
Dwyer is a joke (had one good run)...
Brown made bad decisions returning...
penalties, horrible...
Seconday, susupect (still)...
Second team OL, still dont derserve to be in the NFL, period...

Only bright spot, first team OL showed some potential for once

I actually think Dwyer did a nice job. Most of the times he was stopped in the backfield was because the o-line totally sucked ***. At least it did show why Hartwig is not our starting center anymore. He had a couple of good runs, and obviously that 40y as well. You can hardly blame a RB for being bad if he gets tackled by two men in the backfield. Then its the o-line or playcalling that has to be addressed.

jpele
08-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Beside Pouncy there was one other bright spot in last nights game, "it doesn't count".

Keenan Lewis are you really that bad?

Dixon did make a bad decision but he was put in position to fail.

Let reed kick off, Sepulveda can't reach the end zone in Denver and thats bad.

Why was Ike playing on the left side ?

When will Tomlin lose his job for keeping BA ? Seems Mike is a great speaker but it ends there.

I know he only got one shot at a return, but was Logan auditioning for Dancing with the stars ? I believe he may be gone. He did make a great tackle though.

SteelCityKid5
08-30-2010, 08:39 AM
It's still the preseason, I do not care.

DanRooney
08-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Reemphasizing that Dixon has no arm. k thanks.

cmerrifield
08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
I thought another bright spot was Timmons vs the run. He seemed to be in there making a lot of tackles against the run. Also, our defense is always bad in preseason because LeBeau doesnt do anything but blitz a linebacker now and then. Its really too vanilla to be judged. I am glad the game went this way, it shows the team they still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully, this was enough to make sure week 1 is an NFL team on the field, not whatever that was last night

harpo
08-30-2010, 10:31 AM
I thought another bright spot was Timmons vs the run. He seemed to be in there making a lot of tackles against the run. Also, our defense is always bad in preseason because LeBeau doesnt do anything but blitz a linebacker now and then. Its really too vanilla to be judged. I am glad the game went this way, it shows the team they still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully, this was enough to make sure week 1 is an NFL team on the field, not whatever that was last night

Yeah, I think Timmons was very active. Ike Taylor was also active and got a sack.

I think some people are pushing the panic button too soon. This team will be just fine. :tt02:

jackhammer1
08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
The steelers always look like crap when Fox televises the game. Oh ****, the first game against Atlanta is on Fox!

harpo
08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
The steelers always look like crap when Fox televises the game. Oh ****, the first game against Atlanta is on Fox!

LMAO.... :lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I think Timmons was very active. Ike Taylor was also active and got a sack.

I think some people are pushing the panic button too soon. This team will be just fine. :tt02:

Yeah its kinda hard to be too down after that game... A few things i noticed on defense:

-Timmons is playing with "a bit' more control and is making some nice plays. He still over ran a draw play that would've been a monster hit in the backfield. But when he hits he brings the lumber!
-Farrior made some nice tackles in his only series before he got Eli-ed!
-James Harrison is a bad, bad man! He is trying to kill everything that moves!
-Keenan Lewis is where a 2nd year steelers Cb should be... at nickle back!
-Will Gay has the tools to be a good corner, in time... i like him at NB though! Last season he was cocky and got humbled... every week!! I expect him to bounce back this year.
-Woodley is NON EXISTANT... he actually got pancaked by a rookie TE half his size!!! Im chalking this up to it still being preseason. Last year i wouldnt have even mentioned it. But with his contract situation, its a lil odd he hasnt had his name called ONCE this preseason.
-The defense as a whole has been just plain nasty this preseason. Its not hard to tell they feel disrespected after underachieving last year...if they can harness that early and play smarter football, i expect BIG things.

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Lets not forget Troy, he's been completely MIA...Blame preseason some, but he's whiffing on every tackle...

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Lets not forget Troy, he's been completely MIA...Blame preseason some, but he's whiffing on every tackle...

He made a few nice tackles and he whiffed a couple too... say i'd say he is at mid-season form, wouldnt you!?!?! He was in the middle/initiated alot of tackles last night... he was Troy being Troy.

K Train
08-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah its kinda hard to be too down after that game... A few things i noticed on defense:

-Timmons is playing with "a bit' more control and is making some nice plays. He still over ran a draw play that would've been a monster hit in the backfield. But when he hits he brings the lumber!
-Farrior made some nice tackles in his only series before he got Eli-ed!
-Keenan Lewis is where a 2nd year steelers Cb should be... at nickle back!
-Will Gay has the tools to be a good corner, in time... i like him at NB though! Last season he was cocky and got humbled... every week!! I expect him to bounce back this year.
-Woodley is NON EXISTANT... he actually got pancaked by a rookie TE half his size!!! Im chalking this up to it still being preseason. Last year i wouldnt have even mentioned it. But with his contract situation, its a lil odd he hasnt had his name called ONCE this preseason.
-The defense as a whole has been just plain nasty this preseason. Its not hard to tell they feel disrespected after underachieving last year...if they can harness that early and play smarter football, i expect BIG things.

woodley always sucks in preseason, and honestly he always starts off slow in the regular season too

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 12:39 PM
he does... i just kinda hoped he'd have a fire under his *** trying to get a deal. Harrison is a man possessed, that dude is angrier than ever!! I also expected Wood to up his play to atleast match Debo's intensity!

K Train
08-30-2010, 12:40 PM
harrison is a bad man, orton really tried to go low on harrison? get the **** out of here lol

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 12:43 PM
harrison is a bad man, orton really tried to go low on harrison? get the **** out of here lol

:clap:

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I bet **** stain Orton won't try that again!

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 12:50 PM

That was F'in GORGEOUS!!!! I actually got up out of my seat for that! Then he let Orton know about it... i really hope the rest of the team is picking up on the tone he is setting!!!! He almost KILLED Brandon Lloyd too in the first... Lloyd was about a milli-second from losing his head!!!

JensK
08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I love Harrison more and more every time he plays. He is the very definition of a BAMF! It does not matter who its against, when it is or if it even counts... He'll get after every single one on that field regardless of the situation. I wish everyone on the defense would be the same way.

harpo
08-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy reading this: :tt02:

James Harrison says Kyle Orton "got what he had coming" (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/30/james-harrison-say-kyle-orton-got-what-he-had-coming/)

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 01:41 PM
F Orton, I was glad Harrison laid the boom!

K Train
08-30-2010, 02:06 PM
i just love how he was technically an offensive player and still ****ed up the QB

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 02:17 PM
i just love how he was technically an offensive player and still ****ed up the QB

LOL, never thought of it that way! He's a badass and just glad to have him on this team!

Blazedby92
08-30-2010, 02:40 PM
woodley always sucks in preseason, and honestly he always starts off slow in the regular season too

Beat me to it K, lol

Don't mess with the train: "He was running his mouth and getting in the way of the train," Harrison said after the game, per Mike Klis of the Denver Post. "And the train wasn't coming off the track."

KSSteelerfan
08-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy reading this: :tt02:

James Harrison says Kyle Orton "got what he had coming" (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/30/james-harrison-say-kyle-orton-got-what-he-had-coming/)

There goes the No Fun League!!! Orton got exactly what he deserved especially after Harrison said that he lipped off and was trash talking just before they scored.

MattyVfromCT
08-30-2010, 04:35 PM

cosigned on everything but still disappointed in how bad we looked in all phases. not too concerned about the defense, like you said, lebeau always runs a vanilla defense in the preseason. and also let's not forget that we had 2 starters in the secondary, b-mac and clark sitting out, plus farrior coming out very early. the offense is what really bothers me. and as always it comes down to arians and his stupid playcalling....

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Arians and his stupid play calling says it all...It is what it is time for me to stop pissing and moaning about it...

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Arians and his stupid play calling says it all...It is what it is time for me to stop pissing and moaning about it...

i can't stop... i can't :crying:

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Can we PLEEAASEEE gets a REAL OC and fullback??!!!

HUNT4SEVEN
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I think some people are pushing the panic button too soon. This team will be just fine. :tt02:[/QUOTE]

Yea... I agree when have we looked good in preseason?

--- Added 8/30/2010 at 07:07 PM ---

Can we PLEEAASEEE gets a REAL OC and fullback??!!!

HalleluYah...:tt02:

92_is_gonna_kill_you
08-31-2010, 06:08 AM

LOL! I'm gonna sig this.