PDA

View Full Version : Did Dwyer do enough tonight?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 12:33 AM
13 rushes
80 yds
1 TD

He was stuffed multiple times but then he began to find his stride alittle bit and put together a decent performance. Had a 40 yd run, as well a nice TD scamper around the outside. He hasn't seen much preseason action but he made the most of it tonight.

If he and Vincent are fighting for a roster spot it's anybody's guess; Vincent looked ok last weekend in the Giants game.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2010, 12:38 AM
I think so but I'm not Coach Tomlin.......If they try to sneak Dwyer onto the practice squad I don't think he will make it.......I see another team signing him........Mendenhall, Redman, Moore are locks........I can't see Frank Summers making the team but the coaches seem dead set on making him the FB......

I hope Dwyer makes the team since I thought he was great value in the 6th round of the draft.....

Big T
08-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Ive said this all along. Id rather have redman make the team over Summers. And everyone knows Ive never been a big redman fan. Mendy, Moore, Redman, and Dwyer, with David Johnson starting at FB. get it done...

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Ive said this all along. Id rather have redman make the team over Summers. And everyone knows Ive never been a big redman fan. Mendy, Moore, Redman, and Dwyer, with David Johnson starting at FB. get it done...

I agree............Just let Johnson play FB the limited time we use a FB anyway....lol I was never a big Redman fan either but the dude does run with some determination......I'm not expecting great things from him but I think he can help this team in a limited role......He is the new Verron Haynes/Gary Russell type.........lol

airbrake 1
08-30-2010, 08:16 AM
he got off to a slow start but came on strong... he probably won't clear waivers if put on the practice squad

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Grisham, Logan, Dwyer, Sylvester, Butler need to stay....

get rid of whoever you need too, just keep these guys around.

Zachintosh66
08-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Dwyer is a joke... he sucked tonight, granted he had one good run, but other than that he was horrible. "But Zach, he scored a TD." With the way the line blocked on that TD, Jeff Reed woulda scored if he was the running back that play.

Im officially off the Dwyer band wagon, I wanted to love you, but one good run doesnt save your ***. Hes a bum, cut him...

Blazedby92
08-30-2010, 09:19 AM
There was a reason he wasn't drafted in the earlier rounds. He was playing with a VERY bad OL but he hasn't shown me crap. Who cares if another team gets him from PS we have our guys.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Dwyer, IMO was impressive last night... seeing as how he had not shown anything thus far in TC/Pre Season. He runs with burst and some good vision. We are thin at RB if Redman is our 3rd option. YES, he (Redman) has had an impressive last two preseasons. But until he does it in the reg. season i'd like to have another RB in the fold too. That could be Dwyer. I bet he gets about 20 carries game 4. Cut Frank Summers and run Isaac and DJ as your FB's and Legursky or DJ in short yardage. I'd rather have Dwyer at RB then Summers in the event injuries come at the RB position.

jpele
08-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Dwyer got hot when the scrubs came into the game,I think he's gone unless Arians likes him.

JensK
08-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Dwyer got hot when the scrubs came into the game,I think he's gone unless Arians likes him.

just like redman normally does?

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 10:35 AM

We can fix all this by cutting arians... how many years do we have to blame 26 offensive players. seriously... enough is enough...

hes from Cleveland for god sake... can his a$$ :banging::banging:

Zachintosh66
08-30-2010, 02:06 PM

AMEN :clap:

Goodfrom55
08-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Lengthy runs aside, I though Dwyer played average at best. He did a **** poor job of picking up the blitz and on one play, almost got Leftwich killed. he has a long way to go - practice squad most likely.

Blazedby92
08-30-2010, 07:30 PM

I guess that is why Redman will be on the roster come week 1.
Just sayin'

Redman haters get over it already

JensK
08-30-2010, 07:46 PM
I guess that is why Redman will be on the roster come week 1.
Just sayin'

Redman haters get over it already

all im saying is that the argument was bad, as its the same criteria Redman makes the team on.

Blazedby92
08-30-2010, 08:46 PM
all im saying is that the argument was bad, as its the same criteria Redman makes the team on.

:youthere: :nono: :lol:

KemoTherapy
08-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Give the kid a year to learn and grow. If they were willing to give Frank Bummers a courtesy year they should with Dwyer. He will be claimed by somebody if put on waivers (and probably come back to haunt the Steelers).

Blazedby92
08-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Give the kid a year to learn and grow. If they were willing to give Frank Bummers a courtesy year they should with Dwyer. He will be claimed by somebody if put on waivers (and probably come back to haunt the Steelers).

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!
Are u serious, Haunt us later:hehheh:

Matter of fact tell me players that have come back to haunt us.

Stlrs4Life
08-31-2010, 05:52 PM
No, he might get lucky and get put on the practice squad.

Iron City South
09-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Dwyer will be on this team. The question is, will he be final 53, or PS?

His upside and potential is too big to "cut bait" this soon.

coldrolled
09-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Dwyer will be on this team. The question is, will he be final 53, or PS?

His upside and potential is too big to "cut bait" this soon.

dwyers will be on, since he is not hurt now the pup is out. so he will be on the 53

one or two of these.. summers, vincent, logan will be let loose..

actually, summers may make the PS.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Its funny how Dwyer displayed the ability to run the ball against a team who is hurting for openning day running backs...lol! He wont last on the PS, now we'll have to see if the Steelers even care!

coldrolled
09-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Its funny how Dwyer displayed the ability to run the ball against a team who is hurting for openning day running backs...lol! He wont last on the PS, now we'll have to see if the Steelers even care!

maybe trade Moore for a CB from Denver... do they have any extra?

steelcitysfinestXL
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM

Trade them one of our only two NFL experienced RB's for a posistion we have quality depth at? You're 0-2 on your last couple posts man!

Zachintosh66
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Ok ok, for shitts and giggles... lets say it comes down to Dwyer or Logan for the final 53rd spot. Who you want?

Blazedby92
09-01-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't go by potential so that puts Dywer out Sweed had potential and Logan hasn't really shown me much so I say neither. I know we should have another more talented player to put on the roster.

SteelJunkie
09-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Well if it comes down to Logan or Dwyer I would take Dwyer. I like Logan but lets be honest if nothing else we could put Randel El back to return. I would get rid of Summers, and let Johnson do FB duties since there is little use of a FB in this offense. Then keeping Dwyer would make more sense.

coldrolled
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Trade them one of our only two NFL experienced RB's for a posistion we have quality depth at? You're 0-2 on your last couple posts man!

i went bar hopping last night... im a bit sacrcatic today and pissed off at our offensive game plan....

so i :rant2:

Jakey
09-01-2010, 04:08 PM

Id rather trade a mid-round pick for Alphonso Smith, and keep Moore and Dwyer. Smith is a better CB than Gay, Moore is a quality 3rd down back, and Dwyer is has too much potential.

I wouldnt be totally against trading Moore though, he hasnt got great running ability and Mendy actually became the 3rd down back last year anyways.

LatrobePA
09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I'd trade my twig and berries for a new OC!

coldrolled
09-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Id rather trade a mid-round pick for Alphonso Smith, and keep Moore and Dwyer. Smith is a better CB than Gay, Moore is a quality 3rd down back, and Dwyer is has too much potential.

I wouldnt be totally against trading Moore though, he hasnt got great running ability and Mendy actually became the 3rd down back last year anyways.

That could work.. we need to clean out our CB department and upgrade a bit.

What about Crezdon, he actually looks like a CB on the field compared to keenan and burnett. I hope he stays.

Real Deal Steel
09-02-2010, 01:35 AM
I think that a Mendenhall, Dwyer one two punch would be nice and keep Mendy fresh for the playoffs.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Dwyer was 18/86 yds tonight. He was stuffed early but then started finding this stride. if he makes the team, it'll be on the legs of the Denver game and this week.

SteelJunkie
09-02-2010, 11:53 PM
He seems to get better the more he touches the ball. Gonna be some tough decisions, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the roster.

coldrolled
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
dwyer is and was better than the browns hardesty pick.... he will make our roster.
why would the browns pick up an injury waiting to happen anyway...

oh sorry.. the browns..

DanRooney
09-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I think that a Mendenhall, Dwyer one two punch would be nice and keep Mendy fresh for the playoffs.

Redman doesn't think so.

Real Deal Steel
09-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Gravity, you've got a point because Redman can't do anymore then what he's done to make this team.

LatrobePA
09-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Release Moore, problem solved!!

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 07:13 AM
The Browns would take Dwyer off the PS in a heart beat just to fix this draft pick debacle with hardesty..

Hardesty hurts knee...

The Browns are counting on Hardesty to have an impact in his first season. The team traded three draft picks to move up and take him in the second round. He ran for 1,345 yards last season at Tennessee, but his college career was slowed by knee injuries.

He had a major operation on his right knee in 2005.

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Well if it comes down to Logan or Dwyer I would take Dwyer. I like Logan but lets be honest if nothing else we could put Randel El back to return. I would get rid of Summers, and let Johnson do FB duties since there is little use of a FB in this offense. Then keeping Dwyer would make more sense.

Absolutely not. I'd rather see Frank Summers returning kicks.

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Absolutely not. I'd rather see Frank Summers returning kicks.

and play 3rd QB?

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
and play 3rd QB?

Speaking of Summers check out this awesome block on Mendenhall's 9 yarder at 0:48.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010090255/2010/PRE4/panthers@steelers#tab:watch

LatrobePA
09-03-2010, 04:28 PM
LOL, can you say WHIFF!!

Summers will not make this team...Dwyer is a must lock!

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 04:32 PM
LOL, can you say WHIFF!!

Summers will not make this team...Dwyer is a must lock!

browns lost hardesty, broncos lost white to acl's yesterday... dwyer would never clear waivers.

summers will clear, thats why he never ran the ball once. hes an unknown.. he is PS all the way. like fui vakapuna in cinci...

coldrolled
09-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Ex-Steeler Parker odd man out in crowded Redskins backfield

Iron City South
09-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Release Moore, problem solved!!

Why would you release a veteran like Moore who can do pretty much anything you ask him to do? Granted, Moore will never be a LaDanian Tomlinson, but at least you know you're getting a solid back with good vision, good hands, plays smart, and versatile?

Moore is about as good of a 3rd down back in the league as you're going to find.

JensK
09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Why would you release a veteran like Moore who can do pretty much anything you ask him to do? Granted, Moore will never be a LaDanian Tomlinson, but at least you know you're getting a solid back with good vision, good hands, plays smart, and versatile?

Moore is about as good of a 3rd down back in the league as you're going to find.

The thing is, Mendenhall can pretty much do everything Moore can, just better. Sure, Moore does not fumble the ball as much, which is awesome and everything, but all im saying is that Mendenhall basically can everything Moore can, just better.

Steel Trap86
09-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Speaking of Summers check out this awesome block on Mendenhall's 9 yarder at 0:48.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010090255/2010/PRE4/panthers@steelers#tab:watch

:haha:

LatrobePA
09-04-2010, 05:54 PM
The thing is, Mendenhall can pretty much do everything Moore can, just better. Sure, Moore does not fumble the ball as much, which is awesome and everything, but all im saying is that Mendenhall basically can everything Moore can, just better.

:yellowthumb:

Never happened anyway....