PDA

View Full Version : Ben will meet with Goodell on Friday , **9/1 Update, may ask for reduced suspension.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2010, 11:26 PM
They announced tonight that Ben will meet in NY with Goodell to decide his fate and if the suspension will be reduced to 4 games or not.

Lacanfora is reporting the meeting will be on Friday...

LatrobePA
08-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Ben better get on his knees and do whatever possible to get back under center, until then we're doomed.....

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2010, 11:36 PM
It's widely assumed it will get reduced to 4 games, both inside and outside the locker room. Yeah he better beg and plead with Goodell!!! We need him in a big way!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2010, 11:45 PM
It's widely assumed it will get reduced to 4 games, both inside and outside the locker room. Yeah he better beg and plead with Goodell!!! We need him in a big way!

I'm hoping a light bulb goes off in Hitler's head and he realizes he goofed big time when giving Ben a 6 game suspension with a chance of it being reduced to 4 and just suspends Ben for just two games.....I know I know big time wishful thinking on my part.......But its total BS that Ben is even suspended.....

I wonder what role Art II had in this suspension?.......I remember hearing how disappointed and **** he was at Ben....We havn't heard Art II defend Ben at all and fight to have his suspension reduced unlike the Texan's owner who was trying to get Brian Cushing's suspension reduced.......

I swear I hate Hitler more then anybody in the NFL right now....More then Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ray Lewis.........I wish bad things on Roger Goodell.......:lol:

Dean Denton
08-30-2010, 02:06 AM
Ben better get on his knees and do whatever possible to get back under center, until then we're doomed.....

If they meet in the bathroom I'm sure someone will be on their knee's. Just dont bank on it being Ben. Too much ego there.....lol

--- Added 8/30/2010 at 01:02 AM ---

I'm hoping a light bulb goes off in Hitler's head and he realizes he goofed big time when giving Ben a 6 game suspension with a chance of it being reduced to 4 and just suspends Ben for just two games.....I know I know big time wishful thinking on my part.......But its total BS that Ben is even suspended.....

I wonder what role Art II had in this suspension?.......I remember hearing how disappointed and **** he was at Ben....We havn't heard Art II defend Ben at all and fight to have his suspension reduced unlike the Texan's owner who was trying to get Brian Cushing's suspension reduced.......

I swear I hate Hitler more then anybody in the NFL right now....More then Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ray Lewis.........I wish bad things on Roger Goodell.......:lol: He has to wake up every morning being a Ravens fan, thats pretty bad...

--- Added 8/30/2010 at 01:06 AM ---

It's widely assumed it will get reduced to 4 games, both inside and outside the locker room. Yeah he better beg and plead with Goodell!!! We need him in a big way!The way this team looked today they can just make it the season. This team looked so bad that I cant see them getting it together behind center for 4 or 6 weeks. 0-4 is looking this team right in the face. I guess they can kiss that 100 game win streak on season openers good bye. Hey thanks Ben, hope that was like the best sex you ever had because you just cost your team a season....what a dick!

KSSteelerfan
08-30-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm not sure what the answer is after tonight's performance. But here's hoping that BB's suspension is reduced.

Dean Denton
08-30-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm not sure what the answer is after tonight's performance. But here's hoping that BB's suspension is reduced. He's getting 4 games at least, and that will be just enough to F*$& this team good. Unless they can go 2-2 or better. Run baby run because this team cant pass worth a ****.....

steelersbabex25
08-30-2010, 05:40 AM
If they meet in the bathroom I'm sure someone will be on their knee's. Just dont bank on it being Ben. Too much ego there.....lol

:evilshake:

airbrake 1
08-30-2010, 07:13 AM
it should be reduced to zero. but we've got no one to blame but ourselves. I don't think goodell comes down this hard on ben, until he saw how a LARGE section of pittsburgh fans went turncoat on ben before all the facts came in... Needless to say it got overblown by the media and now this is what we've got... Thank you ben haters , lets pray our season doesn't go down the toilet because of your hatred of ben.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 07:17 AM
cant we get a play caller in before the season starts... we have the plays , we dont seem to use them.. everything is like a big secret...

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 08:33 AM
4th and 1 with an amazing push up front and you call a play like he did, I'm speechless!

The dude is stupid and our HC isn't much brighter to keep him!!

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 10:16 AM
4th and 1 with an amazing push up front and you call a play like he did, I'm speechless!

We lost to the Browns 10-6 SIX! That should have been his last day...

Why he is calling plays still.. They say they watch film all week and study for the next team??

What the freak do they see? then what do they see after the game on film??

We never have the defense out of sync unless Ben is running no huddle.. why?

We make crappy defenses look good... hmm.. i think its Summers.. No Dwyer... fault

Was Miller playing last night? did he get a pass... it looked like moore took his position?
Were saving the Miller plays for the regular season...

3rd down efficiency 22% smokin..

im just pissed guys... :evilshake:

SteelDad
08-30-2010, 03:21 PM
ProFootballTalk.com is reporting Ben will get a 5 game suspension. If this is accurate, then this commissioner, who is already lacking in credibility, will have none left. 5 games is essentially handing the division to the ravens because this means Ben would be unable to participate during the bye-week. In essence, it would be a 6 game suspension. If Goodell is saying 5 and if you don't have problems during your suspension, then I'll drop it to 4, I could handle it. Barely.

This has become such a joke. Poor judgement? Yes. Arrested? No Charged? No. But apparently it's OK to be involved in a murder and be arrested and be charged with obstruction. It's OK to drive drunk, get in fights at strip clubs, take weapons aboard a plane and slug assistant coaches, but for gosh sake's don't be involved with a woman!

nuclearchihuahuas
08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
ProFootballTalk.com is reporting Ben will get a 5 game suspension. If this is accurate, then this commissioner, who is already lacking in credibility, will have none left. 5 games is essentially handing the division to the ravens because this means Ben would be unable to participate during the bye-week. In essence, it would be a 6 game suspension. If Goodell is saying 5 and if you don't have problems during your suspension, then I'll drop it to 4, I could handle it. Barely.

This has become such a joke. Poor judgement? Yes. Arrested? No Charged? No. But apparently it's OK to be involved in a murder and be arrested and be charged with obstruction. It's OK to drive drunk, get in fights at strip clubs, take weapons aboard a plane and slug assistant coaches, but for gosh sake's don't be involved with a woman!

What ProFootballTalk.com is reporting doesn't make a great deal of sense. The commissioner went out of his way to tell the media that Ben was going above and beyond what was expected of him. If I recall, the 6 game suspension was to be reduced to 4 games if he did what he was supposed to do, since he is trying really hard and going "above and beyond" shouldn't it be reduced further? 5 games is hardly a reduction at all...why would any athlete put any effort into altering their behavior if the powers that be can't keep their word? And, yes I agree, this has become such a joke. No of the other violators of the personal conduct policy have seen any sort of suspension what-so-ever. Personally, I think the Commissioner needs to rethink his suspension in its entirety as an act of fairness and justice. Its time the commissioner did the right thing for the right reason. He has made his point and scared Ben straight (and most of the Steeler nation too)...now he needs to reverse himself and fix the mess he has made.

Iron City South
08-30-2010, 04:05 PM
PFT is the TMZ of the sports gossip world.

I trust them about as much as trust Fox News.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 05:05 PM

We lost to the Browns 10-6 SIX! That should have been his last day...

Why he is calling plays still.. They say they watch film all week and study for the next team??

What the freak do they see? then what do they see after the game on film??

We never have the defense out of sync unless Ben is running no huddle.. why?

We make crappy defenses look good... hmm.. i think its Summers.. No Dwyer... fault

Was Miller playing last night? did he get a pass... it looked like moore took his position?
Were saving the Miller plays for the regular season...

3rd down efficiency 22% smokin..

im just pissed guys... :evilshake:

Im trying to ignore all BA and MT bashing posts but FYI Tomlin took full blame for that call... he said he wanted the ball in Dixons hands in that situation. He went on to say he made the mistake of wanted to see how he'd react rather than just getting the first down.

It was poor execution and a "shaky" call! I would of rather seen a run up the middle with redman... but everyone is all over Dixons stick for his legs and making plays, so how can you be mad at the call? Kinda hypocritical if you ask me!

Blazedby92
08-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Thank you ben haters , lets pray our season doesn't go down the toilet because of your hatred of ben.

:clap:

cant we get a play caller in before the season starts... we have the plays , we dont seem to use them.. everything is like a big secret...

Dude you must really hate BA as we all do but every thread you go to you add how bad he is, the thread could be talking about the defense and somehow you bring BA into it, LOL:thinking:

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
BA bashing, i try to ignore all the OL, Dixon, Lefty, Mendy, Dwyer, Redman, etc... bashing... when they are all tied to his crap system....

HUNT4SEVEN
08-30-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say 4 games because the Sorry excuse for a Commish is a Rat fan and we play the Rats week four i believe, i would love for the Commish to reduce it to 2 games and seeing how he hasn't discipline any other NFL player lately i have my:crossfingers: hoping Ben get's 2 games instead of 4...

75Steeler
08-31-2010, 11:04 AM
If Ben gets less than 4 i will be happy but surprised. :imho: 2 games is what he should get considering he was never charged with a crime. I'm fine with them saying that he violated the conduct policy but Goddell needs to pull his head out of his *** and become consistant with punnishment across the board!

Root4Stlrs
08-31-2010, 11:32 AM
If Ben gets less than 4 i will be happy but surprised. :imho: 2 games is what he should get considering he was never charged with a crime. I'm fine with them saying that he violated the conduct policy but Goddell needs to pull his head out of his *** and become consistant with punnishment across the board!
Yes, it's Goodell's seemingly arbitrary nature of his application of the "personal conduct" policy that is the most concerning. Having seen Ben at training camp and being amazed by how good he looked in terms of his physical shape, it may turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to him personally. It is still irritating to me, as a fan, that he's being given a possible 4-game suspension when players who have actually been arrested and charged with a crime receive one game. (e.g. no name Bengals receiver I just read about).

harpo
08-31-2010, 12:24 PM

:plus1:

LatrobePA
08-31-2010, 03:33 PM
I have a theory:

Rooney and the FO talked the commish into laying the max to scare BB straight, but had the intention of just a game or two if he showed good change.

I believe Tomlin knows this and is why he's less concerned with the QB situation than we all are....

TampaSteelGirl
08-31-2010, 03:38 PM
I have a theory:

Rooney and the FO talked the commish into laying the max to scare BB straight, but had the intention of just a game or two if he showed good change.

I believe Tomlin knows this and is why he's less concerned with the QB situation than we all are....

OK...I SWEAR I thought the exact same thing!!! I really do. Just kind of from what the commish said in an interivew when he visited before pre season as well..I only think he will get a game...2 at the most. You must be my brother from another mother?????? :dunno:

The threat of 6 to make a validated point....

steelcitysfinestXL
08-31-2010, 04:45 PM
I have a theory:

OK...I SWEAR I thought the exact same thing!!! I really do. Just kind of from what the commish said in an interivew when he visited before pre season as well..I only think he will get a game...2 at the most. You must be my brother from another mother?????? :dunno:

:clap: its a GREAT thought and makes alot of sense... but i think we will see ben playing week 5. I think the commish and the steelers see that as a good thing. he will come back right in time to practice for 2 whole weeks before he has to play... the BROWNS! It sets up perfectly!

LatrobePA
08-31-2010, 06:09 PM

LOL, I'm sure I'm full of crapola and he'll get the full 6....

--- Added 8/31/2010 at 05:09 PM ---

Tweet'n idiot!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100831/sp_yblog_upshot/washington-post-suspends-columnist-for-twitter-hoax

airbrake 1
08-31-2010, 06:43 PM
if ben gets the full 6 week suspension we should lynch goodell's office, with pitchforks and torches and drag his sorry hide out of his office. If he gets the full 6 weeks there was nothing ben could do to please goodell. Big rog said that ben went above and beyond if that is the case certainly the suspension should be reduced. But i don't believe this scared straight stuff where goodell is going to reduce it to less than 4 ,these are men we are talking about, that scared straight stuff is for children. If goodell really does reduce it below 4, which i don't think he will, i for one will be very pleased he shouldn't have been suspended at all...GO STEELERS

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Ben will stay in Pittsburgh during suspension. Now Goodell, do the right thing and reduce that to 4 games!!

(http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697314.html)http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697314.html

Ben Roethlisberger intends to work out with quarterbacks coach George Whitfield Jr. in Pittsburgh while he is suspended and possibly do some coaching at the high school level.
Roethlisberger revealed some of his plans for at least the first month of the NFL season to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review in a one-on-one interview today.
Roethlisberger will meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell Friday in New York about the six-game suspension he received in April for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
Goodell could reduce the suspension to four games because of good behavior.
"I don't know if it's going to be a discussion, it's going to be a question and answer or (Goodell) just does all of the talking," Roethlisberger said. "I think there are probably a lot of things I could tell him but I want to make sure that we have the right answers and the truth and the things we think will be beneficial."
In addition to bringing in the California-based Whitfield — the two have worked together during past offseasons — Roethlisberger said he will train with wide receivers that have been cut by NFL teams and want to stay in football shape.
"I am going to be doing a lot of drills, a lot of drops," Roethlisberger said. "I will do everything humanly possible that I can do to stay as sharp as I can with the things I am allowed to do."
He said he may also use the time away from the Steelers to be a volunteer coach at a local high school.
Roethlisberger has only watched one Steelers game on TV. That came in 2005 when he couldn't travel to Green Bay with the team because he was recovering from knee surgery.
"I don't think (that) was as hard as this will be," said Roethlisberger, adding that he will watch the games with his parents. "This is a different situation why I can't play. I will be so focused, taking mental reps on every single play."
In the interview with the Trib, Roethlisberger touched on a number of subjects, including suspicions of his motives for changing as well as why he is more at peace with himself.
On skepticism over the warm and fuzzy Ben that has been on display since the start of training camp, Roethlisberger said, "I've known from day one this is not going to be an overnight process. You're not going to win people back overnight. You're not going to win all of them back period. I wish I could but it's just not going to happen. But like I said my actions will speak volumes over the next days, weeks, months and years. I really believe that and I think people will (believe in his transformation), even the hard-headed ones that won't give me a chance. Over the years of seeing me and seeing that it's not just talk, more people will come around."
On why renewing his faith has made him a happier person, Roethlisberger said, "It's a calming feeling when the Lord runs your life. And it's something I've always known as a church person, but I've never really believed it. I think I've known it but never believed it. And now I know it, and it's a great thing."

nihao
09-01-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm not sure what the answer is after tonight's performance. But here's hoping that BB's suspension is reduced.

coldrolled
09-01-2010, 09:41 AM
ok,

Is it a surprise that Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers won’t be suspended for carrying a loaded gun through an airport?

Shortly after Wednesday’s practice, the Browns released this statement from the NFL:

“Shaun Rogers has been fined one game check for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy relating to the incident at Cleveland’s Hopkins International Airport. Rogers is currently appealing the decision.”

Rogers, generally one of the more difficult Browns to interview, spoke briefly from his locker before practice Tuesday.

Rogers is appealing the decision..... for being fined only hes appealing......

Ben should appeal and lets start putting up a fight on this crap..

Appeal not for what he did... but for the imbalance of these suspensions and fines.

this is really getting stupid...

steelcitysfinestXL
09-01-2010, 11:27 AM
ok,

Is it a surprise that Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers won’t be suspended for carrying a loaded gun through an airport?

Shortly after Wednesday’s practice, the Browns released this statement from the NFL:

“Shaun Rogers has been fined one game check for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy relating to the incident at Cleveland’s Hopkins International Airport. Rogers is currently appealing the decision.”

Rogers, generally one of the more difficult Browns to interview, spoke briefly from his locker before practice Tuesday.

Rogers is appealing the decision..... for being fined only hes appealing......

Ben should appeal and lets start putting up a fight on this crap..

Appeal not for what he did... but for the imbalance of these suspensions and fines.

this is really getting stupid...

I dont see why you are so suprised about this... i said from te beginning: "the nfl doesnt want to get in the position of judge and jury!" Yes, it has the right to do what it wants with its own league. But the NFL and Godell were foolish to set the precedence they did with Ben. Now every single move they/Godell makes will be measured against Ben.

- He had prior "character issues"
- He isnt upholding the "NFL" standard
- He needs to correect his ways

How many guys in the NFL can the same be said about? But Ben has been the only player to be suspended under the "conduct policy" who wasnt found guilty of anything! Now when guys like Benson, Vick, Rodgers, V.Young and so on have "issues", everyone is confused on why they havent been suspended.

Anytime you move from structured discipline to a "case-by-case" basis of discipline, **** like this is gonna happen. Get used to it, cause its gonna happen again to somebody! Hopefully not a Steeler and we will see who thinks its fair then!

airbrake 1
09-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I think the rooneys told ben it would not be in his best interest to appeal the suspension unless he wants to end up in football hell a.k.a oakland. I think unions are the worst most damaging thing in america today and sports player unions are even a bigger joke. What i don't get is why the union doesn't fight the suspension ,perhaps ben told them not to fight the suspension. But i don't understand why the union can't fight the suspension even without ben's permission seeing that one of it's members is being railroaded. But this is typical union B.S they stick up for deadbeats that need to be fired and when someone that really deserves their help they are totally absent.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-01-2010, 07:10 PM
NFL network just reported that Ben is hoping to have his sentence reduced to 3 games...I really hope thats a true possibility!

LatrobePA
09-01-2010, 07:15 PM
F - 3 how bout NONE at all!!!

nuclearchihuahuas
09-01-2010, 07:45 PM
F - 3 how bout NONE at all!!!

Hell yea! I don't want to get my hopes up too high -- now that he's given some suspension time if he takes it away totally he will look like the idiot he really is--and we might figure it out--OH WAIT...WE DID

BlitzburghRockCity
09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/espn-ben-roethlisberger-will-ask-roger-goodell-to-reduce-suspension-to-3-games/1?csp=usat.me

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger intends to ask commissioner Roger Goodell to reduce his suspension to three games when they meet on Friday, ESPN reported (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5520964).
Roethlisberger will be accompanied by Steelers president Art Rooney II, ESPN reported, in a bid to mitigate the 4-6 game ban delivered in April for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.
In early August, Goodell visited with Roethlisberger at Steelers training camp and said he was pleased with the progress the QB was making adhering to the terms of his punishment.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Ben shouldn't have been suspended in the first place and I think it should only be two at the most....But I'll settle for three and damn it Hitler better reduce it to three.....

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Yea I also think it should be two but I really hope it's 3 so he'll be back for the ravens game. Oh wait...isn't goodell a ravens fan....?

Zachintosh66
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Wont happen... Goodell dont like the Steelers, or white boy franchise QB's... my guess he'll increase it to 8

SteelJunkie
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
In light of all the other cases since Ben was suspended it should be lowered below 4 games. Goodell is an *** and I highly doubt he goes under 4 just to prove a point that he is the Supreme Ruler in the NFL.

KSSteelerfan
09-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Since Goodell is a bigger DB than I ever suspected, I think Ben should ask for no games suspended, in light of the recent revelation of Shaun Rogers no suspension punishment. Goodness; how much more of a moron can Goodell be? :rant2:

Dean Denton
09-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Since Goodell is a bigger DB than I ever suspected, I think Ben should ask for no games suspended, in light of the recent revelation of Shaun Rogers no suspension punishment. Goodness; how much more of a moron can Goodell be? :rant2: Couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe Goodell should look at getting a job with the NCAA. I think he would fit right in with those idiots.....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2010, 08:51 AM
I'll bet money that Dan Rooney will be in on a conference call during that meeting as well to plead their case with the Commish.

LatrobePA
09-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Hey commish, BLOW ME!! I was PO'd at Ben when this all came out, but having time to cool down and reflect on other players that got a small tap on the wrist this whole thing has a bad smell to it!

DanRooney
09-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I'll bet money that Dan Rooney will be in on a conference call during that meeting as well to plead their case with the Commish.

Doubt it. I'm pretty sure Dan Rooney is the person responsible for the overly harsh punishment. I believe he wanted to make an example that no player, regardless of how many championships he's won, is more important than the Steelers franchise. Unfortunately, I think he's realized he's made a mistake after seeing Dixon this past week :2cents:

LatrobePA
09-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Doubt it. I'm pretty sure Dan Rooney is the person responsible for the overly harsh punishment. I believe he wanted to make an example that no player, regardless of how many championships he's won, is more important than the Steelers franchise. Unfortunately, I think he's realized he's made a mistake after seeing Dixon this past week :2cents:

Isn't that the truth, yuk!

Dobre Shunka
09-02-2010, 11:53 PM
He gets 3, should be Zero but he's being used as a shill to the politically correct wing.

Someone mentioned earlier Ben has never been found guilty, correction, Ben has never even been charged to be found guilty. Huge difference.

LarryNJ
09-03-2010, 07:51 AM

There's no doubt he will be there and there's no doubt he was the one responsible for the overly harsh punishment too. But I doubt he thinks he made a mistake. It's obvious that it has worked. He showed every player, and coach they aren't bigger than the team. It also got Ben to wake the F-up. So he possible sacrificed a win or 2, but I'm sure he realized that going and and was willing to make that sacrifice.

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 08:01 AM
There's no doubt he will be there and there's no doubt he was the one responsible for the overly harsh punishment too. But I doubt he thinks he made a mistake. It's obvious that it has worked. He showed every player, and coach they aren't bigger than the team. It also got Ben to wake the F-up. So he possible sacrificed a win or 2, but I'm sure he realized that going and and was willing to make that sacrifice.

or possibly 6 (aka an entire season)

jpele
09-03-2010, 08:29 AM
When Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) and team president Art Rooney II meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell today, they won't ask for his suspension to be reduced from six games to three games.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Roethlisberger and Rooney won't ask for Goodell to reduce the six-game suspension by anything more than two games to a four-game punishment for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

"That door is not open," a source told the Post-Gazette regarding reports that Roethlisberger would ask for more than a two-game reduction.

Source (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100903_report_roethlisberger_wont_ask_for_suspen sion_to_be_reduced_by_more_than_two_game)

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's Suspension Reduced to Four Games
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger met this morning with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in New York City regarding his six-game suspension.

Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports that after meeting the Commissioner's conditions this off-season, Roethlisberger's suspension has been reduced to four games.

Roethlisberger will be eligible to return to the team on October 4. The Steelers have a bye in Week 5, so Roethlisberger's 2010 regular season debut will come against the Cleveland Browns on October 17.

During Roethlisberger's suspension, which will cost him $1.894 million in base salary, the two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback plans to bring his quarterback coach from California to the Pittsburgh area and work out at a local high school.

"I know for a fact I’m going to bring my quarterback coach (George Whitfield) in from California to work out with him during the time off, however long it might be," Roethlisberger told Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I want to make sure I got my cleats on, and balls that I’m throwing, doing drills to stay as sharp as I can without having a pass rush. That’s right now more definitive. But there are a number of things I want to be involved with, but we’re not quite sure."

StlersGuy
09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Just got a text from the Steelers and it was reduced from 6 games to 4...

coldrolled
10-15-2010, 11:35 AM
wow!!!! 4 weeks

Bengals DE Antwan Odom Suspended Four Games
The Cincinnati Bengals announced that defensive end Antwan Odom has been suspended four games for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy.

Odom had lost his appeal and will begin serving the suspension immediately. Odom is eligible to return to the team on November 15.

During his suspension, Odom will miss games against the Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Indianapolis Colts. Odom also forfeits $800,000 of his $3.4 million base salary.

LatrobePA
10-15-2010, 11:38 AM
wow!!!! 4 weeks

The Cincinnati Bengals announced that defensive end Antwan Odom has been suspended four games for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy.

Odom had lost his appeal and will begin serving the suspension immediately. Odom is eligible to return to the team on November 15.

During his suspension, Odom will miss games against the Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Indianapolis Colts. Odom also forfeits $800,000 of his $3.4 million base salary.

LOL, the Bengals being bungles, LOVE IT!! He was a pass rushing machine last year until he got hurt!

steelersbabex25
10-15-2010, 12:18 PM
wow!!!! 4 weeks

Hm..interesting. He got suspended for the same amount of time as Roethlisberger for something that he actually did.

JensK
10-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Hm..interesting. He got suspended for the same amount of time as Roethlisberger for something that he actually did.

Those can hardly be seen as similar cases, as it falls under two completely different categories. They usually get 4 weeks for taking some of the good stuff.

igor0190
10-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Odom isn't even that good... He was leading the league in sacks for awhile because he had a few huge games against some below average OT's.

Yeah, the Favre case may end up drawing a lot of comparisons.
Especially if they choose not to suspend him. Assuming there is truth to the allegations, he has embarressed the league. That's what Ben got suspended for.

Ibleedblk&gld
10-15-2010, 01:11 PM
assuming there is truth? the voicemails are DEFINITELY him...the pics, well...only he would know (unless goodell asks him to put his "pants on the ground" to find out ;))

LarryNJ
10-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Odom isn't even that good... He was leading the league in sacks for awhile because he had a few huge games against some below average OT's.

Yeah, the Favre case may end up drawing a lot of comparisons.
Especially if they choose not to suspend him. Assuming there is truth to the allegations, he has embarressed the league. That's what Ben got suspended for.

He'll be out of the league before that happens.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-15-2010, 01:14 PM
The commisioner speaks segment on NFL network recently had Roger Goodell claiming he actually believes he doles out punishment even-handedly especially under the personal conduct policy. WHAT?!