PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey, starting OL looked solid vs Denver

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 12:13 AM
I was watching Pouncey and Flozell a good amount tonight, and they were holding their own most of the time. Pouncey was playing well and keeping the middle plugged up nicely, very impressive. There is no doubt he's the man now.

Flozell, except for the false start looked a lot better. He's still learning and there will be times when he drives us nuts but I think he's the man at RT. We have a lot of beef on the OL now and 2 HUGE Tackles..we just have to get them to come together when it counts.

Big T
08-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Maurkice Pouncey is a mother f*cking stud.

man-crush is in full force, and has been for a while lol

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Flo all he has to do is play as good as Willie Colon......Not to much to ask from Fl and who cares about the penalties.....Colon made his share also....lol

Pouncey is the most athletic OL on the team and I think he will prove to the best center to come out of the draft in the last 20 years down the road......

We know what we have in both Starks and Kemoeatu......Those guys are not great but are solid enough to win with.....

Big problem is at RG.....Essex blows and I think Foster should start.......

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Maurkice Pouncey is a mother f*cking stud.

man-crush is in full force, and has been for a while lol

LOL, I spent the whole time watching him, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

See ya Hartwig!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Flo all he has to do is play as good as Willie Colon......Not to much to ask from Fl and who cares about the penalties.....Colon made his share also....lol

Pouncey is the most athletic OL on the team and I think he will prove to the best center to come out of the draft in the last 20 years down the road......

We know what we have in both Starks and Kemoeatu......Those guys are not great but are solid enough to win with.....

Big problem is at RG.....Essex blows and I think Foster should start.......

I agree 32; Essex was not great tonight. I would like to see Foster given the nod. He's much more athletic than Trai is. Atleast we have some hope for a solid group this year, for now...

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2010, 12:54 AM
I agree 32; Essex was not great tonight. I would like to see Foster given the nod. He's much more athletic than Trai is. Atleast we have some hope for a solid group this year, for now...

Pouncey makes the OL better period.........So I'm somewhat encouraged by the OL.......I don't think Foster is a long term answer at all.........But I think he could be the short term answer for this season.......I have never liked Essex and thought the Steelers reached big time when they drafted him......What its been 5 years in the league and really he hasn't shown much as an OT or OG.......

Was it just me or was Tony Hills again impressive....lol He should be the swing OT this year......

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Hills has looked good in all 3 preseason games so far, I'd love to see him get a chance to play. The need is there for a RG to be drafted early next year, we know that for sure. I think the coaches figured Pouncey would be at Guard and solve that dilemma but his great play changed all that. Essex is a stop gap like Foster, but Ramone is the lesser of 2 evils. It's time to address the OL and keep addressing it. There are some sparks now, some signs of life from Kemo, Pouncey, Hills, Adams, Scott, perhaps Starks won't completely suck but don't stop now because it's not a lock that they'll be great yet.

Dean Denton
08-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Pouncy did look good. Not much came up the middle.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 08:34 AM
The OL looked great.... Our offense is like a corvette... we can fly...

Only problem is Arians has his foot on the brakes,clutch and gas. And he only knows how to play with his shifter..

Zachintosh66
08-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Only bright spot all night... despite the back to back false starts

Blazedby92
08-30-2010, 09:09 AM
DIDN'T EXPECT ANYTHING LESS FROM HIM!!:clap:

K Train
08-30-2010, 09:32 AM
yeah pouncey is sensational, i actually have to hide my boner when hes on the field. hes the truth

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 09:37 AM
yeah pouncey is sensational, i actually have to hide my boner when hes on the field. hes the truth

He just doesnt get beat. IMO our oline looks better in this preseason than it has in the lat two years... and thats with Flo and Max drawing back-to-back penalties. Its starts in the middle and Pouncey has that on F'n LOCK! I wonder what this kid can grow into by the end of this year? Next year?

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 09:40 AM
He just doesnt get beat. IMO our oline looks better in this preseason than it has in the lat two years... and thats with Flo and Max drawing back-to-back penalties. Its starts in the middle and Pouncey has that on F'n LOCK! I wonder what this kid can grow into by the end of this year? Next year?

Pro Bowler as a rook??

K Train
08-30-2010, 09:42 AM
pro bowl backup as a rookie, he wont beat out mangold whos not only the best center in the league but he has the jet kool aid working in his favor

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Pro Bowler as a rook??

the probowl has become a popularity contest... so Mangold (great center) will get in along with 7 other undeserving NY Jets!

--- Added 8/30/2010 at 07:43 AM ---

pro bowl backup as a rookie, he wont beat out mangold whos not only the best center in the league but he has the jet kool aid working in his favor

lol, DAMN you, you beat me to it!

xxxsteelernation
08-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Honestly i thought that the o-line sucked last night. pouncey was holding his own, Floz was getting beat badley off the end. the tackle play was horrendus they could not keep people out of the back feld, Dixon and roethisberger weere under pressure the whole time the 1st teamers in there. I counted several times that Dixon had to take off that he didn't even have time to drop back to pass. a majortiy of bens passes were also rushed. There were some times that pouncey got owned but he was up against a double digit vet too so that was a good learning lesson. The first pick was dixon faut did not get it high enough. But wow that Cox guy can jump and throwing to spaeth that was just a bad playcall Arians why would you have spaeth as the only guy on the roll out side. spaeth is a good blocker but he's not miller when it comes to catchin. byrons first TD was almost a give me he was on the 1 yard line But then again our short yardage is not guarnteed so good job lefty for makin a yard against the backups. But this was a game that we needed to see. Denver exposed us in a lot of areas here. so hope we can get them fixed before the 12th

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 02:18 PM
You're crazy dude, the only bright spot was our oline...

harpo
08-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I thought the O-line (the starters) played very well.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 03:30 PM
But wow that Cox guy can jump and throwing to spaeth that was just a bad playcall Arians why would you have spaeth as the only guy on the roll out side. spaeth is a good blocker but he's not miller when it comes to catchin.

Where was Miller he was 0 for 0?

Dixon needed to throw that one out.. that was dumb.

But where was Miller in the game?

K Train
08-30-2010, 03:36 PM
who cares...miller dont need preseason

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 03:46 PM
who cares...miller dont need preseason

your right.... so our true offense was really not on the field.. meaning the game plan and everyones mistakes on the field were nothing real and only scoring 3 points a half means nothing, since we were not really playing full tilt... cool. i feel better thanks.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Honestly i thought that the o-line sucked last night. pouncey was holding his own, Floz was getting beat badley off the end. the tackle play was horrendus they could not keep people out of the back feld, Dixon and roethisberger weere under pressure the whole time the 1st teamers in there. I counted several times that Dixon had to take off that he didn't even have time to drop back to pass. a majortiy of bens passes were also rushed. There were some times that pouncey got owned but he was up against a double digit vet too so that was a good learning lesson. The first pick was dixon faut did not get it high enough. But wow that Cox guy can jump and throwing to spaeth that was just a bad playcall Arians why would you have spaeth as the only guy on the roll out side. spaeth is a good blocker but he's not miller when it comes to catchin. byrons first TD was almost a give me he was on the 1 yard line But then again our short yardage is not guarnteed so good job lefty for makin a yard against the backups. But this was a game that we needed to see. Denver exposed us in a lot of areas here. so hope we can get them fixed before the 12th

-The starting o-line held there own. Pouncey was a stud and put Williams on his back MULTIPLE times... i dont know what match-up you were watching. They ran a couple nice inside stunts that got pressure up the middle/on the ends. As a whole the oline, Timmons and Taylor played very well!

-Matt Spaeth is f'in 6-7!!! Throw the ball about 8-10 feet over the back pylon giving Spaeth and only Spaeth a chance at it... the call was fine the throw was the reason he'll be riding the pine, unfortunately! Matt Spaeth is a MUCH better recieving option and his blocking is going from suspect to half decent!

-How exactly did "Denver expose us!?!" They were given 50+ yards on the first drive due to penalties. (+7) Thats our own dumber fault for committing senseless mental errors. They ran back two back-up qb interceptions (+14) that was 21 senseless points in a 17 point game! A 17 point preseason game! who cares.

The only thing that came out of this game is that Dixon probley wont be the starter. This team comitted barely any penaties in the first game so im not worried about the penalties being an issue just yet!

HUNT4SEVEN
08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
With the way our starting O-Line played last night with Pouncey in there one thing i know for sure we will be alright even if Batch is our starting QB come Sep 12th...Our line has not looked that good since we had Hartings at center, we will be ok as long as Summers don't make this team...

Dobre Shunka
09-01-2010, 02:12 AM
On the plus side: Pouncey.

nihao
09-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Was it just me or was Tony Hills again impressive....lol He should be the swing OT this year......