PDA

View Full Version : Batch, Dixon, Leftwich...You make the call after tonights game

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Batch came in mid 4th quarter and hell he moved the team down, got a score, so at this point why not? LOL.

In all honesty though, I think we saw that Dixon is just not ready tonight. He struggled seeing the field, was picked twice and could have been 4 times easily. Playing against the starters, he was telegraphing several of his throws. It's a learning experience for him, Hines mentioned as much in an interview saying his this was the chance for Dixon to have the handcuffs taken off and he had to learn somehow.

Lefty was in with all the backups and got killed but still managed to move the offense some. IMO, it's still going to be Leftwich on opening day.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Fire Arians.......

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 12:16 AM
None of the above!

Yes fire BA, 4th and 1 and you had push and you do what?????????????

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-30-2010, 12:17 AM
TsIT's gotta be Lefty. At this point, we just need the guy who won't turn it over and just let the run game and the D do everything else.

Zachintosh66
08-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Wow, were screwed for the first 4.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Not to excuse Dennis Dixon one bit but BA's play-calling didn't help Dixon at all tonight.......Dixon did look more comfortable in the early 2nd half and had a big run.......You can't turn Dixon into a pocket passer and discourage him to use his legs.......Sherman/Gilbride did the same thing to Kordell........But even with me making excuses for Dixon, he still played like complete DOG CRAP tonight.....lol

Leftwich hasn't really impressed me at all this pre-season......The only play he made all pre-season was a bomb to Mike Wallace for a TD againt the G-Men.........I agree Leftwich will start the season as the starting QB but I'm not expecting much.....Hopefully the Steelers running game is dominant and the Steelers defense is back to 08 form while Ben is out......

I don't Batch starting at all..........The wind blows he gets hurt at this point in his career even though he took a shot tonight without injury.....lol

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Not to excuse Dennis Dixon one bit but BA's play-calling didn't help Dixon at all tonight.......Dixon did look more comfortable in the early 2nd half and had a big run.......You can't turn Dixon into a pocket passer and discourage him to use his legs.......Sherman/Gilbride did the same thing to Kordell........But even with me making excuses for Dixon, he still played like complete DOG CRAP tonight.....lol

Leftwich hasn't really impressed me at all this pre-season......The only play he made all pre-season was a bomb to Mike Wallace for a TD againt the G-Men.........I agree Leftwich will start the season as the starting QB but I'm not expecting much.....Hopefully the Steelers running game is dominant and the Steelers defense is back to 08 form while Ben is out......

I don't Batch starting at all..........The wind blows he gets hurt at this point in his career even though he took a shot tonight without injury.....lol

I agree 100%!

BL looked like he didn't want to be there at all, for that F HIM!!

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-30-2010, 12:37 AM
simple. we are f'd. i don't like tomlins simple *** replys to this ****** situation. we ain't goin to stand for another replay of 2009. with out a qb you ain't got nothin to run on.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Lefty just really hasn't played that much either. He's gotten limited snaps; pretty much the coaching staff trying to give Dixon the chance to get the job. He just didn't get it done though. With the chance to seize the job and make it his he struggled big time. Iim not impressed with Dixon under pressure, at all!!!

Honestly, Ben needs to sit the final game, get Lefty in there to play and then let Dixon have the rest of the game.

mwittman5
08-30-2010, 12:40 AM
dixon gives the offense the better chance. just run the ball and let him manage

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Lefty just really hasn't played that much either. He's gotten limited snaps; pretty much the coaching staff trying to give Dixon the chance to get the job. He just didn't get it done though. With the chance to seize the job and make it his he struggled big time. Iim not impressed with Dixon under pressure, at all!!!

Honestly, Ben needs to sit the final game, get Lefty in there to play and then let Dixon have the rest of the game.

I doubt Ben plays at all in the final pre-season.........The thing with Dixon is he is what he is.....Don't make him into something he is not........BA should play to his strengths.........Really I think we are screwed no matter what without Big Ben.....The running game and defense will have to bring their A-game with Lefty or Dixon in there.......

Which at this point the defense struggled to get off the field on third down tonight....I know its just pre-season but that can't happen at all when Ben is out.......

Dean Denton
08-30-2010, 02:57 AM
This is what I dont get....Why is Ben taking reps with the first team? He's not the one that is getting ready to start the season. Hines said this was the first time he got to play with Dixon...Never had taken reps with him. Ben doesn't need reps with the first team right now. He's going to be rusty in 5 or 6 weeks anyways, so whats the point? If Ben wants to play then throw him in for clean up in the 4th. Would be good for him to get slapped in the face IMO. This coaching staff is a joke. This team looks like ****, and I cant take this crap any more. Monkey's F@(&ing a football is what it looked like to be out there. Are they trying to be the new Browns in the AFCN?....losers!!!!

KSSteelerfan
08-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Wouldn't that be a surprise if they started Batch.....:yesnod:

Dean Denton
08-30-2010, 03:21 AM
Wouldn't that be a surprise if they started Batch.....:yesnod: Yeah it would be, considering he threw a pick 6 too.

darnik44
08-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Can we just forfeit the first 4 games so we don't have to watch that mess?

Iron City South
08-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Leftwich should get the start and Dixon can be used primarily as a 3rd down QB in special packages.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 08:11 AM
dixon gives the offense the better chance. just run the ball and let him manage

:plus1:

Broncos are weaker on run D.. good game planning...

No short passes, no screens, no clue, no counter blitz plays, no draw plays, hardly any play action.. were inviting 7 to 8 in the box all night...

all you guys blame the players..... BA has to go.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
As much as i was pulling for Dixon to get the job... its obvious he isnt ready. He looks great playing with guys on his level ie: 2nd-3rd stringers. It has NOTHING to do with running or not. He tried to run a few times and couldnt get out of the pocket. Pro Defenses know how to keep mobile qbs in the pocket. His one chance to run was VERY nice... but he also took a couple licks too!

What i took from last night: Dixon just isnt ready! YES, he CAN win at this level and maybe he gets lucky if he is FORCED to play, but he is a different QB when he leaves the scrubs and plays with the big boys. He's predictable, slow with his progression and telegraphs his throw... he's a young QB! He really only threw 2-3 BAD passes. He threw 4-5 GREAT passes... but one F'up erases ALL of the "at-a-boys"! And that throw into the endzone opitimized why he just isnt the guy right now. He would LOSE us more games than i think he can win us... if he keeps making those decisions! Yinz may not like BL, but i dont think he loses us games.

What i also took from last night: Byron Leftwich knows his role here... and it isnt to run with the 3rd team! He looked uninspired to say the least, and i dont blame him! IMO they didnt need to see him in THAT situation... they should have benched him or gave him a couple 1st team series. He is obviously the coaches choice now, and they risked him behind our 3rd team line. DUMB, though this may be the FIRST time in NFL history this has happened. Where a team had a star QB suspended to open the season, but still had to get him snaps. I know it aint easy to set a rotation but i didnt like the way the handled Byron last night.

NOTICE: I said nothing about Charlie Batch... sorry but not thanks! I like CHick but I think he is an Emergency QB at this point. He isnt much of a threat to go down field at this point in his career. Defenses can key on that and crowd the box eliminting Mendenahll and the run game and covering the intermediate routes batch is so effective at. He just isnt a 4 game option, though i like him in mid-game relief.

--- Added 8/30/2010 at 06:42 AM ---

:plus1:

Broncos are weaker on run D.. good game planning...

No short passes, no screens, no clue, no counter blitz plays, no draw plays, hardly any play action.. were inviting 7 to 8 in the box all night...

all you guys blame the players..... BA has to go.

Other than the 4th and 1, i dont bame the play-calling what so ever... we all wanted to see if Dixon could throw the ball. We know he can run, defenses know he can run and the coaches know he can run. He is accurate and makes damn good throws when guys are open... but this is the NFL. Against starters, open is a step or two at best... maybe just having position for a second. Even the 4th and 1, it was a role out that was hard to tell if it was a run or pass. Maybe a run/pass option and thats where Dennis should shine. Wasnt his fault, the play got blown up because... starting Defenses know what Dixon is about and the call was suspect.

Denver played pretty well against the run and they have damn good CB's even with out Bailey. Cox looks like a steal.

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Is it too late to sign Jeff Garcia?

jpele
08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
No love for Charlie Batch ??? He took two good shots ( late hits at that ) and got up. He's more mobile that Lefty and knows the play book,play him til he can't go no more.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
No love for Charlie Batch ??? He took two good shots ( late hits at that ) and got up. He's more mobile that Lefty and knows the play book,play him til he can't go no more.

you cant be serious!? :banging: nevermind ... i quit!

K Train
08-30-2010, 10:12 AM
lmao who knew that charlie batch would end up being the TRUTH

give me a break

LatrobePA
08-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Charlie strawberry Batch girl will not start anywhere....Good guy but not even worth the thought.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Leftwich should get the start and Dixon can be used primarily as a 3rd down QB in special packages.

What Packages?

DanRooney
08-30-2010, 10:34 AM
What Packages?

The one where he stands in the pocket and throws 8 yard comeback routes to Sanders. Worked well last night :cope:

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 10:43 AM
The one where he stands in the pocket and throws 8 yard comeback routes to Sanders. Worked well last night :cope:

That was Nice, and how many times do we run similar plays again that work against a weakness? and how many times do we force the same plays over and over that dont work??

when do we ever find the defenses weakness and stick with attacking that??

until they figure out how to stop it, then change over to a new attack once they adjust?

only seen in a Steelers fans football dream.. arians blows.

we never found a weakness in the Broncos defensive game. They are not that good.

mcdaniels pounded keenan with passes and runs until gay came in.... poor keenean
no.. smart play calling.

Prosdo
08-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Leftwich starts. Last nights game was Dixon's chance to make his case and he failed miserably. Not that Lefty played much better, but Dixon didn't win the job off of him.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Leftwich starts. Last nights game was Dixon's chance to make his case and he failed miserably. Not that Lefty played much better, but Dixon didn't win the job off of him.

heres one quote... not dixons fault...

It wasn't much better for rookie Emmanuel Sanders, either.

The Steelers were using him at flanker for the first time after spending training camp and the preseason at split end. But Sanders, a third-round draft pick, twice failed to come back to the ball on sideline routes, the latter resulting in a 77-yard interception return by cornerback Andre Goodman.

Prosdo
08-30-2010, 01:08 PM
heres one quote... not dixons fault...

It wasn't much better for rookie Emmanuel Sanders, either.

The Steelers were using him at flanker for the first time after spending training camp and the preseason at split end. But Sanders, a third-round draft pick, twice failed to come back to the ball on sideline routes, the latter resulting in a 77-yard interception return by cornerback Andre Goodman.

Not saying it was all on him. But he did not play very well. I was interested to see if he could put together a nice performance, but it just didn't happen. He gave the coaches no reason to think he is ready to start the opener.

harpo
08-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I think that Leftwich gets the nod. I think the INT Dixon threw in the endzone hurt him moreso than the pick 6. He should've just thrown it away instead of forcing it.

But as I've said from day one, i won't be upset if either of them starts. What worries me is Bruce Arians and his playcalling.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Not saying it was all on him. But he did not play very well. I was interested to see if he could put together a nice performance, but it just didn't happen. He gave the coaches no reason to think he is ready to start the opener.

well. overall. Ben scored three points in 1qtr + Dixon scored 0 in 2 qtrs

So. is it Ben or Dixon or the Play Calling. i know.. were hiding our offense for the playoffs. i always forget that.. :lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=harpo;358126]I think that Leftwich gets the nod. I think the INT Dixon threw in the endzone hurt him moreso than the pick 6. He should've just thrown it away instead of forcing it.

But as I've said from day one, i won't be upset if either of them starts.QUOTE]

:plus1: That pick was just terrible. If he doesnt know to throw that away, on 2nd down, when your in scoring position... he's a bit further behind the curve than i thought. I liked alot of what he did. But a few bad decisions all but cemented Lefty as the week 1 starter.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=harpo;358126]I think that Leftwich gets the nod. I think the INT Dixon threw in the endzone hurt him moreso than the pick 6. He should've just thrown it away instead of forcing it.

But as I've said from day one, i won't be upset if either of them starts.QUOTE]

:plus1: That pick was just terrible. If he doesnt know to throw that away, on 2nd down, when your in scoring position... he's a bit further behind the curve than i thought. I liked alot of what he did. But a few bad decisions all but cemented Lefty as the week 1 starter.

you mean cement shoes lefty?

Zachintosh66
08-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Sandwhich gets the start... they gave Dixon a shot, now they can say "told ya so" and start who they wanted to start all along

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 02:11 PM

heres another on a receiver

Batch threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to Antonio Brown but had an interception returned 48 yards for a touchdown by Syd'Quan Thompson. The turnover was a result of rookie wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders running a wrong route.

thats twice....

harpo
08-30-2010, 02:30 PM
heres another on a receiver

Batch threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to Antonio Brown but had an interception returned 48 yards for a touchdown by Syd'Quan Thompson. The turnover was a result of rookie wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders running a wrong route.

thats twice....

Just so i'm not confused here......you're saying that Brown ran the wrong route or Sanders?

Miller83
08-30-2010, 03:21 PM
I would go with Batch. He knows what he's doing and is way more mobile and a little more accurate than Lefty, although I like Lefty and he has a big arm.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Just so i'm not confused here......you're saying that Brown ran the wrong route or Sanders?

the gazette is saying the 77 yard and 48 yard TD INT's were sanders fault , bad route running.. of course the redzone INT was dixons fault.

when dixon was in.. were hines, wallace, el, battle and miller on the field at the same time for dixon?

where was miller? he was 0 for 0 right?

Miller83
08-30-2010, 03:32 PM
The play calling didn't even try to throw to Miller, which is disgusting! Miller has the best hands on the team next to Hines, and is great at running after the catch. Hopefully he gets is in the regular season, as he has more than proven himself in the clutch!

Prosdo
08-30-2010, 03:36 PM
I just hope on Thursday I don't see the mess I saw last night. It seems everything went wrong that game.

coldrolled
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
The play calling didn't even try to throw to Miller, which is disgusting! Miller has the best hands on the team next to Hines, and is great at running after the catch. Hopefully he gets is in the regular season, as he has more than proven himself in the clutch!

twice i thought miller had a pass over the middle and it was actually moore??

--- Added 8/30/2010 at 01:39 PM ---

I just hope on Thursday I don't see the mess I saw last night. It seems everything went wrong that game.

nothing went wrong, arians is hiding his master plan and confusing the falcons.. just suck it up... and wait for the unveiling....
:lol:

nuclearchihuahuas
08-30-2010, 04:32 PM
--- Added 8/30/2010 at 01:39 PM ---

nothing went wrong, arians is hiding his master plan and confusing the falcons.. just suck it up... and wait for the unveiling....
:lol:[/QUOTE]

Well they must be totally confused and BA is a master at concealment! Maybe the Vikings will cut Sage Rosenfels any more like that one and I'm gonna vomit

harpo
08-30-2010, 05:46 PM
the gazette is saying the 77 yard and 48 yard TD INT's were sanders fault , bad route running.. of course the redzone INT was dixons fault.

when dixon was in.. were hines, wallace, el, battle and miller on the field at the same time for dixon?

where was miller? he was 0 for 0 right?

Ok, thanks for that clarification. I asked because I didn't see the one Batch threw.:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2010, 09:24 PM
That's a subjective opinion on who's fault was who's for those INT's. The fact is that Dixon did not see the field well all night, he had 2 INT's and he could have easily had 4. He under threw and over threw targets all night. I was just not impressed at all with how he handled his first start. Maybe it was just butterfly's, maybe it was a sign that he just can't read defenses enough yet to be effective. It's hard to say right now.

GoBenGo
08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
We need a mad scientis....take the batch's veteran smarts, dixons speed and youth, and L-Twich's arm and accuracy....meld them as one.... Behold. Baxonwich.
....muhhahahahahah....

I just hope enough others step up to make it a non issue...that would be grand..say like...if mendy just blew up!! 115, 125, beastie....

SteelJunkie
08-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm still mad the way they have treated charlie, I don't think he got a fair shake in any of this. He brings just as much if not more then leftwich. I just hope when they cut him they give him the QB coaching job. lol

KSSteelerfan
08-31-2010, 03:06 AM
Frankly the QB situation leaves me feeling just a tad nervous.....:duh:

K Train
08-31-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm still mad the way they have treated charlie, I don't think he got a fair shake in any of this. He brings just as much if not more then leftwich. I just hope when they cut him they give him the QB coaching job. lol

they have definitely not shafted batch, hes clearly over the hill and having him in the game would only be in an extreme emergency.

i dont get how you feel bad for a guy who they have kept around 3 years too long, i get that hes a good mentor but coaches get coaching jobs not roster spots....id say theyve treated charlie pretty well

DanRooney
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
I still can't get over how horrendous Dixon played. I was actually warming up to him after bad mouthing hi...err...telling the truth about him for 6 months. It's really disappointing.

K Train
08-31-2010, 09:58 AM
im disappointed too, but im not excited about leftwich at all i still think id rather have dixon out there.

im gonna beat it to death until hes gone but arians is ****ing terrible at playing to ANYONES strength, not just QBs

coldrolled
08-31-2010, 10:19 AM
im disappointed too, but im not excited about leftwich at all i still think id rather have dixon out there.

im gonna beat it to death until hes gone but arians is ****ing terrible at playing to ANYONES strength, not just QBs

i have a few extra used pitching wedges if you need one.

Big T
09-01-2010, 12:58 AM

So, you want them to start Batch because he got up after a couple hits? lol :hilarious:

Dobre Shunka
09-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Start Batch. Hop him up on whatever is in the locker room medicine cabinet and send him out on crutches, if need be. When he's hurt, as he will inevitably be before the 1st quarter is up, send in Lefty. Assuming you can get Lefty alert for the massacre he's about to endure, keep Dixon's tooth pick legs warm for when they bring Lefty out on the straight board.

Now, Dixon is in and according to my calculations we still have at least a quarter or two to go in the first game alone. Hike em and let him take off like a bat out of haiti on every play that he doesn't handoff or pitch the ball. Keep this going and pray for a torrential down pour or the end of the game to come fast.

Entertain yourselves with shots of Ben on the sideline snapping towels just to keep your mind off of what's happening on the field.

Post 1st game:
Get em all into the team Doc, mend, tape, brace and juice em, rinse repeat for the next 3 games.

Can Redman pass???

nihao
09-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Yes fire BA, 4th and 1 and you had push and you do what?

steelcitysfinestXL
09-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Mike Prisuta: Scout.com

QBs -- plural -- primed and ready to go

It's Fourth-&-Goal and Mike Prisuta bucks public opinion to explain how and why the Steelers did a good job in preparing their quarterbacks for the season.

Byron Leftwich is ready.

Big Ben is ready.

Dennis Dixon is ready -- at least for what the Steelers intend to use him for as a complement to Leftwich during Ben Roethlisberger’s suspension.

Even Charlie Batch is ready.

That being the case, it’s time to obsess over something other than who is ready for what and who is playing when and how many snaps have been taken in games and how the Steelers will survive with Roethlisberger not playing.

The cornerback position, perhaps.

As for quarterback, once Roethlisberger gets the chance to run a little no-huddle on Thursday night as anticipated, the Steelers will have covered what they needed to cover on all fronts in their unprecedented attempt at dividing the QB labor four ways.

A no-huddle dry run against Carolina would be significant, Roethlisberger said, because, “We have new guys, Flo and Pouncey, so I think it’ll be good that we can hopefully get it in and do it.”

Guess that answers, again, the right tackle question involving Flozell Adams and any lingering doubt that Maurkice Pouncey is the new No. 1 center.

As for his overall comfort with his game and almost completed preseason, “It feels pretty good,” Roethlisberger said. “I felt like it was a good camp for all of us.”

All four quarterbacks maintained on Tuesday they had no idea regarding how the reps would be handed out when they reported to training camp. But the practice plan was nonetheless scripted before the Steelers ever set foot on St. Vincent College’s campus.

The idea was to get Dixon as many reps as possible because he’s the young guy in the bunch and Roethlisberger as many reps as practical because he’s going away for a while, and still get Leftwich ready to start in Roethlisberger’s absence.

Mission accomplished.

Batch got the short end of the stick, practice reps-wise, but because of his knowledge and experience the Steelers felt they could get away with that if it came to it.

The play Batch made in Denver on second-and-9 from the Broncos’ 34-yard line in the fourth quarter on Sunday night -- his mobility bought time in the pocket, and then he directed Justin Vincent to break off his route before dropping a perfect 20-yard lob over linebacker Worrell Williams and into Vincent’s hands in stride -- reeked of veteran presence and veteran readiness.

Dixon is ready to be the curveball thrown in when appropriate. He can’t run the entire show, and wouldn’t be asked to run the entire offense even if he were playing as a conventional QB. But Dixon can do the “Run, Kordell, Run” thing and cause a few defenses and few problems in the process.

Which brings us back to Leftwich.

He established his readiness on Aug. 21 at the New York Football Giants, when he hit Mike Wallace deep and in stride on what became a 68-yard touchdown.

That’s why he was brought back in the first place, to manage games and hit the occasional home run in a way no other QB on the Steelers’ roster is capable.

The staff is satisfied with Leftwich along those lines, despite his relative lack of reps with the first-team offense in exhibition games. He has played to the level they hoped he would and met expectations. He is who they thought he was.

The flirtation with Dixon this summer resulted from Dixon being vastly superior in training camp than he had been during OTAs, and a curiosity on the part of the coaches to see how far Dixon might take his sudden surge. Turns out he’s who they thought he was, as well.

So bring on the Falcons.

“From the first day of training camp I’ve been working my tail off, preparing myself for Sept. 12,” Leftwich said.

“I’m seeing the field well. I’m understanding everything we want to do on the offensive side of the ball. I’m understanding what teams are doing against us defensively. I’m just seeing the field the way I’m supposed to see the field.”

The Steelers couldn’t have asked for more on Sept. 12 back on July 31.

Good read! I think Prisuta is probley they best reporter (steelers reporter) in the Burgh. He tells it like it is and even when he is forced to write an opinionated view its factual and common sense based.

I agree that this has been exactly what Tomlin wanted since the end of OTA's where Leftwhich looked like the starter. They knew what they were gonna get in Lefty. He is solid, not great... but he has the ability to lead this team and he can hit the home run ball better than anyone we have. If the line steps up (run and pass blocking) Lefty will be effective. Dixon was the no.2 since camp openned. He flashed growth and MAJOR potential in Camp and earned some first team reps. He got them and didnt capitalize. But he has value and will see some game time while Ben is gone in speacial packages. That will get him the much needed experience.

Ive said all along... right or wrong, Lefty will be the starter come week 1. I now think its the right move. Not by any long shot, but he is who im most comfortable with at this point. Dixon is a bonafide weapon. He will get snaps and he will make plays... thats what he is all about! Im excited to see this team go through some adversity right off the bat! It will only help in the long run.

Blazedby92
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Good read, I was on the Dixon wagon for a while but after what I have seen I think he is better suited for a slash role right now and Lefty is the best pick besides the china doll "batch".

DanRooney
09-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Funny how 100 percent of the Steeler fans say Leftwich should be the bonafide starter now.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Funny how 100 percent of the Steeler fans say Leftwich should be the bonafide starter now.

I said he would be the starter since OTA's... actually since we signed him! I said i wanted Dixon to get a shot, which he kinda did. And he showed in his one chance, he isnt head and shoulders better than Lefty! Im not knocking Dixon, i dont think he was given enough time with the 1st team in practice/camp. But right or wrong, Tomlin stuck to his guns, had his guy and gave him the reps. When Dixon "earned" 1st team reps he got'em and didnt seize the moment. Of coarse Tomlin will get no credit for sticking with a plan and not waivoring even when Dixon looked poised to start. Everyone see's this as "the less of two evils"... i see it as maximizing your chance at success.

coldrolled
09-01-2010, 01:02 PM
99%

Dixon should start.. Leftwich will lose game one then Dixon will start..
maybe even by halftime.

everyone said dixon was looking good only against the 2nd and 3rd teams. he was.. right...

well.. sunday lefty went 0-4 against the 2nd - 3rd team players.. where is that same logic now... lefty should have lit them up and won the game against the backups right??

steelcitysfinestXL
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
everyone said dixon was looking good only against the 2nd and 3rd teams. he was.. right...

well.. sunday lefty went 0-4 against the 2nd - 3rd team players.. where is that same logic now... lefty should have lit them up and won the game against the backups right??

:evilshake: So... because one guy (Lefty) couldnt move the ball with the scrubs like he did with the starters... you're sayin start the guy (Dixon) who turned the ball over with the starters repeatedly (should have been atleast one more pick too) because he played great against the scrubs!?!? Im a Dixon fan and i now feel DUMBER for reading that post!

Blazedby92
09-01-2010, 01:38 PM

Given a CHANCE Bub not start ..."chance to start"
Nothing wrong with a guy we drafted to be the future a chance to start and show his worth.

coldrolled
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
:evilshake: So... because one guy (Lefty) couldnt move the ball with the scrubs like he did with the starters... you're sayin start the guy (Dixon) who turned the ball over with the starters repeatedly (should have been atleast one more pick too) because he played great against the scrubs!?!? Im a Dixon fan and i now feel DUMBER for reading that post!

not sure.. but i have this vision of Ben throwing up a lame duck INT down the sidline last week...

how many INT's did ben throw last year? in the redzone endzone? in SB XL?

Seriously, let dixon play and get some real game time in.. this is all crap already..
lefty had his shot in tampa last year... 0-3.. Derek Anderson would be better.

LatrobePA
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Our 10th string OC didn't help Dixons chance either fellas! Kinda like setting the young man up to fail with that worthless *** play calling!

Real Deal Steel
09-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Well, Dixon got his opportunity to play with the starters and he didn't cut the mustered. But it doesn't mean his totally out the mix. I could see using him in select packages. I think that Leftwhich needs to sart at this point with Dixon as a change of pace to keep the defense guessing.

I'd love to have Batch in the mix but I don't think he's had enough snaps. I always felt that Batch was a better option then Leftwhich but management doesn't see it that way.

Goodfrom55
09-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Lefty gets the starting position with Dix coming in for special packages.

I'm calling it now. . .Steelers beat the Falcons on toss reverse to Randle El who throws a bomb to Ward (Vintage Superbowl XL) to put the Steelers ahead for good.

Dobre Shunka
09-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Looks like Lefty couldn't even survive to the 1st game massacre. Regardless, plan remains in effect.

Again, can Redman toss the rock?