PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love how nobody is talking about the Steelers...

Troyisabeast_43
08-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Everywhere I have watched so far whether it be on ESPN,or NFL Network,or last night on CBS during pre season football nobody and I mean nobody even mentions the Steelers name at all when it comes to potential playoff teams in the AFC. Everybody and their mother still loves the Colts and Peyton Manning as always, and the Pats and Tom Brady and everybody as well on all 3 of these networks talks about the Ravens being the biggest threat to the Colts in the AFC. They love the Chargers as well even though they choke and get bounced every year in the playoffs no matter how good they look in the regular season. I just dont see how right now with the defense being healthy this season and possibly close to being in 2008 form and with Ben coming back after the first 4 games and being more rested and not as beat up that people dont consider the Steelers to be a threat in the AFC. I like it that way anyway because the Steelers have had some of their best seasons ever when nobody in the dumb media talks about them or picks them to finish anywhere to close to the top of the standings. I know the Ravens and Bengals are both solid good teams but I just dont see the awe factor with both of them that people see that makes them think that either one of them will run away and win this division. Joe Flacco and Carson Palmer have yet to ever win a playoff game and have both proven at crunch time in big games they both fold and cannot get the job done. Both the Ravens and the Bengals do not scare me and both can be beat by the Steelers.

What will help the Steelers I believe those first 4 games without Ben is the Bengals and Ravens both have very very tough games on their schedule to start the season, and play each other as well at least one time in that stretch. I do believe the Steelers can definitely start 3-1 if they can find a way to win either the Tennessee game on the road or the Baltimore game here. I do believe they will win down in Tampa in week 3,and find a way to win the opener at home against Atlanta seeing that they never lose a home opener at Heinz Field. If the Steelers make it to 3-1 in that stretch of games without Ben and then get him back in mid October for games against the Browns,Miami,Saints,Bengals,and Patriots they are going to be in very very good shape and very very dangerous

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Yea I'm pretty happy. Let us fly under the radar while everyone talks about cincy and bmore

steelersbabex25
08-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Let them talk! Or let them not talk in this case. The fact that we were so underrated when the season started will make the #7 victory even sweeter.

mos07
08-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Actually Joe Flacco has won a few playoff games, but the point is taken.

I love the setup also. Last year we had, I believe, the 2nd easiest schedule and laid an egg, and the year before had a brutal schedule and won the Super Bowl.

So bring it on. Keep A Smith and Troy healthy, find an answer at CB, hope 60 Minutes (Mike Wallace) steps it up, hope Pouncey is the anchor we all think he is, hope LT is reaching superstardom and Ziggy reminds us of Steel Curtain men of old.

Cannot wait.

75Steeler
08-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Let them talk or not talk about us as much as they want! 6 Lombardi's tell of our history. We are the Pittsburgh Steelers nuff said!

(Yes I refer to the Steelers as "us" and "we" cause we as fans have ownership in this ball club!)

Go Steelers! :cope:

Iron City South
08-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Imagine, just imagine if we get #7 this year ...

Man, if you thought Steeler haters are out there now, just wait.

This is gonna be fun!

MattyVfromCT
08-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Actually Joe Flacco has won a few playoff games, but the point is taken.

I love the setup also. Last year we had, I believe, the 2nd easiest schedule and laid an egg, and the year before had a brutal schedule and won the Super Bowl.

So bring it on. Keep A Smith and Troy healthy, find an answer at CB, hope 60 Minutes (Mike Wallace) steps it up, hope Pouncey is the anchor we all think he is, hope LT is reaching superstardom and Ziggy reminds us of Steel Curtain men of old.

Cannot wait.

flacco didnt win those playoff games, his defense and run game did. he had a passer rating of 46.52 in the playoffs, a 47.5 completion %, 1 td and 6 int's in 5 playoff games. yes he has credit for the "wins" but he did not WIN them lol. just saying. and these rat fans think he's all of a sudden going to become an elite qb overnight because of boldin.........

cheddabob
08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
ravens defense is also very weak this year...with reed being injured and their other cornerbacks injured i believe tthat whoever we have in at quarterback can have a huge game..also with lewis getting older that also leaves more room for mendenhall to do work up the middle...

Dean Denton
08-30-2010, 02:08 AM
After watching the Key Stone Cops try and take on a beat up Denver team its no shock that this team is not being talked about. The Steelers look like crap.

KSSteelerfan
08-30-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm hoping that the Steelers get the rust off or the bugs worked out of the system by the time the season starts in 2 weeks. Frankly it's probably a good idea that no one's talking about the Steelers at this point right now.

92_is_gonna_kill_you
08-31-2010, 05:41 AM
Pittsburgh's a team that wins when the chips are down and adversity stares them in the face. After that awful Browns game last year, they finished strong & had a winning record.

A lot of people are sweating the first 4 games. But its not how you start, its how you finish. If they start out 1-3, I still think they would have a good shot at the playoffs - maybe even the AFC North title (10-6 won the division last year, didn't it? Probably be the same way this year too).

So I'll agree with the posters above - let the media hype the Jets, Colts, Bengals & Ravens. It'll be that much better when the Steelers cruch 'em.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-31-2010, 07:30 AM
I thought it was pretty interesting what John Lynch said during the broadcast Sunday night. When asked about his time spent at training camp, he said he thought the steelers were a very good team. He went on to say the steelers can weather the storm in the first four games and be a real competitor.

I know a few anylists have said that but it means a lil more for a guy (whos an impartial party no less) who had an "ALL ACCESS PASS" to our training camp/practices/meetings this offseason.

I think this team is gonna be VERY physical early and trying to set that kind of theme for the season. Alot has been said by players about how no one is giving them a chance... its always good to use that as a motivator... but actions speak louder than words. I think they know that and want to prove everyone wrong, again!

Scorp
09-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Maybe there is a reason for this.

Layin the wood
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I hope and pray that we are underdogs in every game this year!!

GO STEELERS!!!

LatrobePA
09-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Don't you know the Ravens already won the SB, so the rest of the teams can just take the season off!

F that!

GO STEELERS!!

Layin the wood
09-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Don't you know the Ravens already won the SB, so the rest of the teams can just take the season off!

F that!

GO STEELERS!!

:plus1:

Scorp
09-10-2010, 10:28 AM
As much as we don't like our chances we have to compete just like everyone else. But you can never count us out.

coldrolled
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
everyone was waiting for the saints to out score and blowout the vikings......

well... the saints won with defense not offense... the steelers need to play the same way the first four games to help dixon out and pull in some wins. go D..

i cant count on the OC for a win, i will believe in our Defense to pull us thru..

DanRooney
09-10-2010, 11:33 AM
everyone was waiting for the saints to out score and blowout the vikings......

well... the saints won with defense not offense... the steelers need to play the same way the first four games to help dixon out and pull in some wins. go D..

i cant count on the OC for a win, i will believe in our Defense to pull us thru..

It looked like Favre was suffering ring rust. He had lots of errant throws and possibly 2 or 3 more that could have easily been picks. I guess the lose of his go-to guy really affected his game. I'm hoping Roethlisberger doesn't look similar without Holmes.