PDA

View Full Version : Ben's concussions

xxxsteelernation
08-26-2010, 07:55 AM
It has been a topic that has went around the water cooler latley and that his how long will ben play. Since last years KC game he suffered his fourth concussion. That is about the area when doctors say that it can lead into alzhimers or brain damage. How many more is ben willing to take because it seems he's having quite a few over the last 3-4 season. What's your thougths

92_is_gonna_kill_you
08-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Well, I'd like to see him get a Brett Favre-like run (minus the retirements and playing for an arch-rival at the end of his career) but considering what we know now about concussions, it wouldn't surprise me if Ben retired in his early or mid 30s.

Layin the wood
08-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Well, I'd like to see him get a Brett Favre-like run (minus the retirements and playing for an arch-rival at the end of his career) but considering what we know now about concussions, it wouldn't surprise me if Ben retired in his early or mid 30s.

With 5 SB Championships!!!!:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Ben is fully aware that his style of play can lead to early retirement; when you run around as much as he does and take as many sacks and hits as he does you're bound to end up leaving the game sooner than you want. Even if Ben gets one this year there's no way he's going to just call it a career; he'll be fighting and kicking to get on the field for as long as he can.

SteelCityKid5
08-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I see Ben playing till hes about 34. I think Favre has such great longevity because A) hes a tough son of a bitch and B) the way Favre's built. Ben is a big dude and I dont think his body will be able to play come the mid 30's

92_is_gonna_kill_you (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/member.php?u=4233) .... Finally someone with some musical sense! Motorhead rocks

LatrobePA
08-26-2010, 04:26 PM
I worry more about Bens other head ending his football career...

Black@Gold Forever32
08-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't want Ben to change his style of play by no means but Ben does need to learn to slide a bit more instead of diving head first at times when he scrambles....lol Ben is the type of player that leaves it all on the field and fights for every last yard on every play......

Silverback
08-26-2010, 09:43 PM

:lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
08-26-2010, 10:54 PM

RIGHT:haha::hehheh:

92_is_gonna_kill_you
08-27-2010, 09:26 AM
92_is_gonna_kill_you (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/member.php?u=4233) .... Finally someone with some musical sense! Motorhead rocks

:iagree:

K Train
08-27-2010, 10:00 AM
i think he still has a long career, he might die younger than usual, but thats the price of entertaining us for top dollar

Dean Denton
08-29-2010, 05:59 AM
I worry more about Bens other head ending his football career... That could be the best line ever posted on here...lmao

LatrobePA
08-29-2010, 02:48 PM
That could be the best line ever posted on here...lmao

Thank you, I'll be here all week! lol

Go Steelers!