PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor's ejection in first series

BlitzburghRockCity
08-21-2010, 11:26 PM
I know, you never want to see a player lose their cool in a game, especially right on the outset and even more so, in preseason where at the end of the day it doesn't count. Having said that though, you have to like the tough, aggressive attitude they displayed. It's only preseason and Im sure both Taylor and Hicks will get fines after being ejected but overall I can live it quite honestly. Hopefully the NFL doesn't levy a suspension; although I kinda doubt they will.

Was it a bonehead move fighting like that, sure it was...but Ike has a helluva left hook ;)

steelersbabex25
08-21-2010, 11:27 PM
I still don't like that he did that. And after like the first 5 seconds of the game. Like the announcers said, no good can come of that.

xxxsteelernation
08-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Ike is usually a calm person this is the first altercation i've seen him in. So in order to get under taylors skin. someone must have said or done something pretty bad to get ike to react like that. I like the retaliation not the idea of punching someone in the helmet, can break your hand like that. but the passion and the fire. yea that was sweet.

SteelerEyeZ
08-21-2010, 11:50 PM
DONT THROW PUNCHS TO A PERSON WITH THE HELMET ON!!!! HELLO!!!!!

HUNT4SEVEN
08-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I know, you never want to see a player lose their cool in a game, especially right on the outset and even more so, in preseason where at the end of the day it doesn't count. Having said that though, you have to like the tough, aggressive attitude they displayed. It's only preseason and Im sure both Taylor and Hicks will get fines after being ejected but overall I can live it quite honestly. Hopefully the NFL doesn't levy a suspension; although I kinda doubt they will.

Was it a bonehead move fighting like that, sure it was...but Ike has a helluva left hook ;)

:clap: I agree...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Tomlin didn't seem to awful upset, he talked to him on the sidelined and probably read him the riot act alittle bit. Im sure he'll talk to him more about it again tomorrow or next week. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I agree it's not like him to get into a fighting match very often so it's not something to be overly concerned about.

Taylor apologized to his team and the fans after the game for losing his cool also.

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Ike is usually a calm person this is the first altercation i've seen him in. So in order to get under taylors skin. someone must have said or done something pretty bad to get ike to react like that. I like the retaliation not the idea of punching someone in the helmet, can break your hand like that. but the passion and the fire. yea that was sweet.

although it was dumb, it also showed a major "take no prisoners" attitude in the play as compared to last years half hearted approach to the game. f m all i am here to win the game.:tt02:

igor0190
08-22-2010, 03:26 AM
And at least he probably got "the best" of the altercation... Nicks is a big boy too!

A little bit of fire is nice to see.

nuclearchihuahuas
08-22-2010, 11:41 AM
although it was dumb, it also showed a major "take no prisoners" attitude in the play as compared to last years half hearted approach to the game. f m all i am here to win the game.:tt02:

Totally agree--Ike was fired up--next time catch him on the chin--upper cut not jab--if your going to get fined and have the media call you foolish, make it worth it! :popcorn:

Blazedby92
08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
This isn't Hockey, just sayin'

Black@Gold Forever32
08-22-2010, 01:06 PM
I thought it was great that Taylor got ejected.....It allowed Keenan Lewis to get more playing time and he played solid again.....

LatrobePA
08-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I thought it was great that Taylor got ejected.....It allowed Keenan Lewis to get more playing time and he played solid again.....

I agree 100%, Ike shoulda punched BA for that lame **** at the end of the half!

Layin the wood
08-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Lewis has looked pretty solid this pre-season. He could be a great addition to the nickle package!!

Callax
08-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Lewis has good size but not blinding speed (4.5's)
speed is not everything in a CB, but more would be better
I want to see someone step up to cover T.O. vs Cinn OTHER THAN GAY
I believe TO will make him his little puppy dawg!!!

K Train
08-22-2010, 08:24 PM
that was awesome

steelcitysfinestXL
08-23-2010, 08:25 AM
that was awesome

:plus1: Ike Boxed Hakeems head!!! :clap: And he's about half his size... Its a meaningless game and Taylor's judgement has never jeopardized this team when it has counted. I honestly loved every second of that ***-whoopin!