PDA

View Full Version : Redman & Vincent running hard tonight

BlitzburghRockCity
08-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Both of these guys showed some nice moves tonight running with power and balance and making their case for roster spots.

That run by Redman in the 3rd quarter especially was a thing of beauty. We know Mendy and Moore will make the team but these young guys are looking better and better each week.

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I agreeee

SteelerEyeZ
08-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry but there is NO WAY Redman doesn't make the team....The guy can pound...At the end of the second half why did they try moore pounding it in why didn't they give Redman the ball...the more i see of redman the more i like him

igor0190
08-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Sorry but there is NO WAY Redman doesn't make the team....The guy can pound...At the end of the second half why did they try moore pounding it in why didn't they give Redman the ball...the more i see of redman the more i like him

Because Tomlin is fairly convinced on what Redman can do. Time to give other guys the opportunity. If Dwyer showed up in shape and did what we were expecting, in all reality Mewelde would be on the chopping block.

SteelerEyeZ
08-21-2010, 10:26 PM
great point

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2010, 12:08 PM
There's no way Moore wouldn't make this team even if Dwyer was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Mewelde is an excellent 3rd down/change of pace back and still valuable to this team; he can even return kicks if needed. You don't want to go into a regular season with nothing but rookies behind your 1 loan starter so having a guy like Moore is as valuable as can be.

I would like to see Dwyer contribute and make this roster, but he's missed so much time in camp and preseason that it will be hard. Vincent looked really good last night and could steal a roster spot from Dwyer if things don't change over the next 2 weeks.

LatrobePA
08-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Moore looked like crap! I believe if someone else stepped up and showed good hands and pick ups Moore could be gone...

igor0190
08-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Moore isn't much of a punt "returner". He is a safe guy to put in there to fair catch the ball. His only value is really those third downs out of the backfield, and if someone shows they can do this the coaches will have to cut ties with Mewelde. It likely won't happen this year... because we dont have much a RB, but there is still a chance if Wright and Dwyer show something special in the next few weeks(unlikely). Like someone else on this board said, Dwyer will likely be placed on IR before cuts with some mysterious injury.

Layin the wood
08-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Redman is going to see alot of playing time this season. He is looking pretty good as our goal line back!!!

Callax
08-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Redman is a lock
Anyone tell me the injury(s) to Dwyer??

KemoTherapy
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Time to put Moore out to pasture. Too many younger more talented guys on the roster. Doesn't take much skills to fair catch a punt.

Layin the wood
08-23-2010, 02:07 PM
After watching both pre-season games i think Redman and Vincent deserve a legit chance to take Moore's spot!!

DanRooney
08-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Time to put Moore out to pasture. Too many younger more talented guys on the roster. Doesn't take much skills to fair catch a punt.

Moore is safe. Dwyer hasn't shown anything yet.

coldrolled
08-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Moore is safe. Dwyer hasn't shown anything yet.

chances are Dwyer will be on the PUP

K Train
08-23-2010, 06:33 PM
lol redman....the little PHENOM from bowie state

Blazedby92
08-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Just glad we have a couple of backs in Redman and Vincent that won't put it on the turf like our "Mini Thurman Thomas" Mendy.

I have been impressed Thurmans power since he started lowering his shoulder a little more lately.

coldrolled
08-24-2010, 09:12 AM
peterson drops more than mendy.... they should cut peterson...

nuclearchihuahuas
08-24-2010, 01:20 PM
I have to say, I like Redman...but then I like any runner who puts his head down like a charging bull and moves people out of his way.

coldrolled
08-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I have to say, I like Redman...but then I like any runner who puts his head down like a charging bull and moves people out of his way.

:plus1: that used correctly will soften up any D for the second half...

BlackGold4vr
08-24-2010, 01:31 PM
lol redman....the little PHENOM from bowie state

The thing that I do LOVE about Redman is that he has great balance. He does not go down at first contact and if the tackler just hits him without wrapping the arms around he tends to bounce back and keep charging like a bull. Many of Redman's runs up the middle are like a pinball bouncing through the bumpers. He does not go down easy! He deserves to make the club.

:2cents:

roosterray
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
I love the fact in the game Saturday that we used both Redman and Mendy together. I like that combination.

Blazedby92
08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
peterson drops more than mendy.... they should cut peterson...

Who said cut him?
Must be one of those Redman hater, LOL
They might of thought about it after that NFC championship game and on the other hand Mendy (Thurman Thomas) isn't a pimple on AP's arse so there is no comparision. Mendy has skills but what good are they when the ball is on the ground and spindarella is running towards the sideline.

coldrolled
08-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Who said cut him?
Must be one of those Redman hater, LOL
They might of thought about it after that NFC championship game and on the other hand Mendy (Thurman Thomas) isn't a pimple on AP's arse so there is no comparision. Mendy has skills but what good are they when the ball is on the ground and spindarella is running towards the sideline.

Every player has his drop, int, bad moment... sometime...

We are harder on our players for a few infarctions than anyone...

we need to be harder on all the crap that comes off the OC's game plan.
talk about alot of wasted plays. they are equal to a dropped pass as anything else.

Blazedby92
08-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Every player has his drop, int, bad moment... sometime...

We are harder on our players for a few infarctions than anyone...

we need to be harder on all the crap that comes off the OC's game plan.
talk about alot of wasted plays. they are equal to a dropped pass as anything else.

So if everyone knows the OC is the problem then there should be even better execution and ball security on every play. Heck Mendy was benched last year for not giving his all, Just sayin'. All in all he needs to be benched til he knows how to hold onto the ball and right now no one will agree but wait til we have a critical game and he loses a ball or kills a good drive. It's a good thing he always runs to the sideline so when he does fumble it might go out of bounds.

K Train
08-24-2010, 04:30 PM
if you watch mendenhalls highlights from last year he was very impressive most of the time....seems like your a little down on him, but dont be surprised if he has a huge year.

i love the spin btw lol

coldrolled
08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
. All in all he needs to be benched til he knows how to hold onto the ball .

thats what i meant with peterson, under those standards he shouldnt be on the field, he loses one almost every game.

JensK
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
if you watch mendenhalls highlights from last year he was very impressive most of the time....seems like your a little down on him, but dont be surprised if he has a huge year.

i love the spin btw lol

Agree on anything but the spin!

Blazedby92
08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I really do like Mendy just wished he would show a little more power and at the end of last year he did alittle bit of lowering his shoulder but when he does have to run it down their throats he goes into the pile without protecting the ball and then he spins in traffic and that's when he lets the ball away from his body or even when he is in the open field. He has skills just needs to be taught some fundamentals.

Real Deal Steel
08-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Redman has done all he can do to make this team.