PDA

View Full Version : Hartwig teaching Pouncey the ropes of playing Center

xxxsteelernation
08-19-2010, 03:16 AM
Current starting center Justin Hartwig has taken Pouncey under his wing, helping Pouncey learn as camp draws on, but he doesn't look at the situation as a competition for the starting spot; he just sees it as helping out a teammate.

"Our lockers are by each other, and we work together every day," Hartwig said. "Every opportunity I get I try to help him out and share some of my knowledge with him. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hartwig is one of the worst centers or offensive linemen in the league, and he is "taking under his wing" the future messiah of the oline. get these two as far apart as you can we want pouncey to turn into a great center not a center we couldn't even trade for and undrafted FA

coldrolled
08-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Current starting center Justin Hartwig has taken Pouncey under his wing, helping Pouncey learn as camp draws on, but he doesn't look at the situation as a competition for the starting spot; he just sees it as helping out a teammate.

"Our lockers are by each other, and we work together every day," Hartwig said. "Every opportunity I get I try to help him out and share some of my knowledge with him. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hartwig is one of the worst centers or offensive linemen in the league, and he is "taking under his wing" the future messiah of the oline. get these two as far apart as you can we want pouncey to turn into a great center not a center we couldn't even trade for and undrafted FA

Hes saying he wont start a fight when he loses his starter spot..:yesnod:

Blazedby92
08-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I think maybe Pouncey needs to take Hartwig under his wing and shoe him how its done

K Train
08-19-2010, 08:25 AM
i mean this isnt bad, hes not teaching pouncey how to be weak and get blown up, hes helping him become technically sound with his game which is already silky smooth

Iron City South
08-19-2010, 09:17 AM
This situation at Center has now become political now that Pounceys' name is being thrown around by the media. Hartwig is merely being politically correct. He damn well knows that Pouncey is pushing for his job.

Real Deal Steel
08-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Hartwig is smart. He knows his future isn't at center.

LatrobePA
08-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Hartwigs future is cleaning toilets!

TampaSteelGirl
08-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Hartwigs future is cleaning toilets!

Let a smile be your umbrella.... :greengrin:

BlackGold4vr
08-19-2010, 10:14 AM

This would be like Kurt Rambis taking Magic Johnson under his wing. I guess he is a living example of what "NOT" to do.

:lol:

harpo
08-19-2010, 11:11 AM
i mean this isnt bad, hes not teaching pouncey how to be weak and get blown up, hes helping him become technically sound with his game which is already silky smooth

Exactly. Hartwig knows the position, he just doesn't execute it like he should. He's a bright guy, so i'm sure Pouncey is in good hands.

There is a saying that great performers make poor teachers and poor performers make great teachers. This is how I look at it. :greengrin:

TampaSteelGirl
08-19-2010, 11:44 AM
In all honesty what's Hartwig suppose to say to Pouncey....."Umm sorry son can't teach you a thing....too afraid you'll take my spot!" Hartwig is a team Steeler.....a team player why wouldn't he take him under his wing and show him a few things...Pouncey seems like a smart boy, he'll figure it out but a little veteran guidance doesn't help...this is common sense! :yellowthumb:

Dobre Shunka
08-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Have no prob w/ it. Everyone in football knows it's Pouncey's job.

This move can't happen fast enough for everyone including Tomlin.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2010, 09:41 PM
This isn't a bad thing, Hartwig has been a Center for quite awhile now, and even though he isn't the best around he has insight to offer. Hartwig knows the technique he just doesn't have the ability to pull it off. Pouncey will be the starting Center sooner rather than later, and any advice he can get from a veteran will be helpful.

jackhammer1
08-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I hope he's not teaching him his specialty of getting pushed back into the quarterback on every play!