PDA

View Full Version : Reed

xxxsteelernation
08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Was it just me or did it seem that Jeff Reed was not himself saturday night. He had none of his energy or his exuberance. He did not look like he's even having fun out there as in years past. I know contracts negotioations did not happen this year but he should understand just as woodley understand that next offseason after some guy's retire or leave. we will have more cap room availble for him. Reed is a franchise kicker and i'm hoping the steelers don't let him go. (but again we did let gary anderson go too)
but still this is only a game. there is no reason to get butt hurt over money. I mean I don't know how he spends his money but what he has made over the past nine years im pretty sure he has accumlated enough wealth to last a normal person the rest of his life. And everybody loves and respects Reed he should know that by now?
So CHEER UP JEFF!.

TampaSteelGirl
08-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Don't care.....he got us 3 points every time, that's what I care about!!!

xxxsteelernation
08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
good point but i like his old energetic attitued cause it rubs off on the rest of the team.

LatrobePA
08-18-2010, 12:55 PM
What she said..

steelcitysfinestXL
08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Hate to say it, but most kickers are a dime a dozen. And Jeff Reed fits that category. I guess he is owed some credit for kicking in Heinz Field, but Kris Brown was the only kicker who couldnt. I like Jeff cause he doesnt seem like your typical kicker (though he tackles like one) Like you said he's excitable and brings some energy! But we got him in a mid-season try out and if push comes to shove we can replace him that way.

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-18-2010, 01:43 PM
He wasnt energetic because he hasnt got paid yet.

Iron City South
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Reed came into camp disillusioned into believing he was more valuable to the team than he really is. Then he made the mistake of going to the media to bitch about his contract status.

Now Skippy finds himself on the verge of losing his kick-off duties to Sepulveda is thus marginalizing his percieved value even more.

"Skippy's World" is not a good one to be in right now.

steelersbabex25
08-18-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't really ever recall Reed being too energetic unless he's punching a hand dryer..

TampaSteelGirl
08-18-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't really ever recall Reed being too energetic unless he's punching a hand dryer..

Ya know i was thinking the same thing!! walk up...kick the field goal....a few high 5's then he sits down....where's the energy??? :dunno:

coldrolled
08-18-2010, 03:45 PM
With our great redzone offense, we better keep him happy..

steelcitysfinestXL
08-18-2010, 04:12 PM

most kickers only interact with the Punter and/or Holder and thats about it. Reed is seen, to me anyways, as just a part of the guys. He socializes with the whole team. Thats a bit rare. Kickers are REALLY alienated normally.

Big T
08-18-2010, 04:31 PM
It's called preseason....

LatrobePA
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
As long as he keeps his weiner in his pants and not posting pics of it on the web I'm cool w/ him...

lloydfan4life
08-18-2010, 06:40 PM
As long as he keeps his weiner in his pants and not posting pics of it on the web I'm cool w/ him...

:plus1:

HUNT4SEVEN
08-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Don't care.....he got us 3 points every time, that's what I care about!!!

RIGHT:yellowthumb: as long as he makes fg when we need them who cares how he feels:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-18-2010, 09:49 PM
It's called preseason....

:iagree:

Most veterans are only out there in preseason to get some reps in and get off the field so they don't get hurt. They don't care much about these games and really would rather not be out there if they could help it at all. Jeff is no different, obviously he knows he is the starter, he has nothing to prove on the field (other than improving kickoffs but since Sep. will be handling that more this year).

As long as he makes all of his kicks, that's all that really matters. Im sure he's irritated about his lack of a long term deal, but the Steelers know he's good. They wouldn't have stuck the transition tag on him if they felt otherwise. They didn't draft a kicker either this year or grab some other solid replacement in FA to keep in the wings, so that tells us that they fully intend to work out a deal for Jeff after this season if they can possibly swing it.

He'll be fine...

Dobre Shunka
08-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Unless you see golly gee wiz coach Danny Sep go out and start booting FGs too.

Reed's face would spell murder then. How can I get rid of this kid.

ahahahahahaahaha