PDA

View Full Version : After Pouncey wins C, Who plays G?

Zachintosh66
08-18-2010, 11:57 AM
After Pouncey wins C(any day now) :lol:, Who plays G? Favorite prolly is Essex b/c he played there last year. However could roll with any combo of Foster, Hartwig, either Scott, Doug L, Jones, Urbik all of which suck... just curious what the popular opinon is. (id guess its Foster w/ a couple Essex and Doug L's thrown it)

roosterray
08-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Essex should be fine. I still have to see how the line responds to Pouncey in the first unit. I think the fact that he can handle his man everytime, it would help the reads and protections becuase now the guards won't have to help a center who constantly gets abused. :)

K Train
08-18-2010, 12:01 PM
essex probably. i was impressed with essex playing next to a center that could handle his assignment. i watched the game again and essex ****ing HANDLED suh on every play, like abusively

the second team seems to be legursky at RG and foster at RT, id personally like to see foster or legursky win the RG spot, but i dont know if i have as big of a problem with essex if hes playing without hatrtwig in between 2 dominate run blockers in flo and pouncey

roosterray
08-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I agree with Ktrain, with Pouncey Essex and Flo, running to the right will be huge. Mendy had a big holes going that way. We just have to watch more pass protection from FLO and when to give him help and have a QB that makes the right read and take the right amount of steps in the pocket.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-18-2010, 01:08 PM
essex probably. i was impressed with essex playing next to a center that could handle his assignment. i watched the game again and essex ****ing HANDLED suh on every play, like abusively

the second team seems to be legursky at RG and foster at RT, id personally like to see foster or legursky win the RG spot, but i dont know if i have as big of a problem with essex if hes playing without hatrtwig in between 2 dominate run blockers in flo and pouncey

I thought you were big on Ramon Foster? hmmm, i digress... Essex looked damn good AND he can help FLO with assignments and Poucney with reads he has to make. Essex isnt flashy, but he is a heady player for sure. Technically sound and always right with is assignments. Legursky is a man-child but i think he is a def back-up for G/C for this season... and GL FB too!

Zachintosh66
08-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I dont see what people see in Doug... he is a bum... he our new Darnell Stapleton.

maybe i should rephrase... hes now MY most disliked Steeler OL (just ahead of Hills and Urbik)... He wont be around in 2 years.

K Train
08-18-2010, 04:09 PM
legs is very strong and a solid player on the inside, stapleton was very weak and a a finesse interior lineman. not terrible but not good and a terrible fit for us.

i am high on foster, i think he could be a good player at either RG or RT, hes an awful lot like colon is just about every way, which comes with its goods and its bads

steelcitysfinestXL
08-18-2010, 05:24 PM
I dont see what people see in Doug... he is a bum... he our new Darnell Stapleton.

He's actually everything Stapleton isnt. Strong, nasty at the point of attack, very quick feet, agile and able to move people with good leg drive and leverage. He's able to play both G's and C and when he actually got some play last season, he played damn well! We were 6-1 last season in the 7 games he appeared in. Plus he's a hell of a FB due to his great quickness for a big man. There isnt much NOT to like about "The Big Legursky"... he's even got a cool nick name! Good back up that will crack the line up soon enough.

andyg1984
08-18-2010, 06:00 PM
i would think that a guy like foster would be better equipped to deal with ngata, cody than essex, but that is based more off last year .. dang, i wish we drafted cody .. lol

Black@Gold Forever32
08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I like Legursky but I thought he looked like crap the other night........I want no part in him playing OG.....I view him just as a center but if he continues to play like he did the other then I don't see him making the team even as a backup.....

Pouncey is going to start and that is clear (especially since the franchise #7 is calling for him to start).....so who at RG?.....I hope its Foster but probably will be Essex....I don't think either is the long term solution.....

BlitzburghRockCity
08-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Essex will be penciled in as the starter at RG assuming Pouncey takes over at Center. If he is though, it wouldn't surprise me at all though to see Foster take over that spot. I was content with Essex at RG last year, considering how bad Hartwig was most of the time it's hard to blame either of the Guards for poor play because they not only had to watch their guys but also help out when Justin would get blown up and pressure came right up the middle.

mos07
08-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Starks,Kemo,Pouncey,Essex,Foster? - cut Flozell?

Real Deal Steel
08-19-2010, 02:09 AM
I think essex will get the job and do well.

Iron City South
08-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Essucks blows Konkey's Dong. Hartwig may get cut if Pouncey continues to show that he's the man (Steelers won't want to pay him $2.2M to sit the bench). That opens up a roster spot and a ton of quality veteran Guards will be on the market once teams start trimming their rosters.

BlackGold4vr
08-19-2010, 11:25 AM
My vote is with Foster. Also think Legursky has solidified his place on the roster by his versatility.....B/U center, guard, fullback.

So here is my starting 5:

LT: Starks | LG: Kemoeatu | C: Pouncey | RG: Foster | RT: Adams

Bench????????

Legursky - C, G, FB
Hills - T
Essex - G/T

I think those 3 are locks and after that its anybodys guess who the last place goes to.

K Train
08-19-2010, 11:31 AM
since when are quality guards cut and so easy to find?

steelcitysfinestXL
08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
since when are quality guards cut and so easy to find?

I was wondering that myself... Essex will win that spot. He's heady and with Pouncey not getting blown back on every snap (like Hartwig did) Essex will be even better this year. Plus, he knows that RT pos. well and can aid Flo with assignments.