PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight on Flozell Adams

DanRooney
08-16-2010, 09:36 AM
By Dagger, on August 15th, 2010

All of Flozell Adamsí snaps from Saturday night. Yikes.

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=9775

Tony Hills, our week 1 starter :yesnod:

Layin the wood
08-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I hope he plays better as the pre-season goes along or you may be right Grav!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Relax, it takes time to learn the RT position. Flozell is a LT his entire NFL career, learning to play RT takes time. The only reps he's had so far have been in camp and then some vs the Lions. He'll get better. That's what preseason is for, he'll get it ironed out. The offensive line as a whole now has different faces and by the time the regular season starts we'll could have if the Steelers make the right call and stick Pouncey at Center.

jnes1216
08-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Looks like he's just here to collect a paycheck.

Scary when your tackle has as nice spin moves as your RB, but he uses them to see the DL who just blew past him.

K Train
08-16-2010, 10:37 AM
avril owned him on the edge....i dont think it will be an issue though, starters didnt exactly give it their all the other night

K Train
08-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Looks like he's just here to collect a paycheck.

Scary when your tackle has as nice spin moves as your RB, but he uses them to see the DL who just blew past him.

yeah im sure thats why hes there....oh wait, no, none of his money is guaranteed at all so he has to show up if he wants to collect a pay check. nice try though

harpo
08-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Relax, it takes time to learn the RT position. Flozell is a LT his entire NFL career, learning to play RT takes time. The only reps he's had so far have been in camp and then some vs the Lions. He'll get better. That's what preseason is for, he'll get it ironed out. The offensive line as a whole now has different faces and by the time the regular season starts we'll could have if the Steelers make the right call and stick Pouncey at Center.

:plus1::tt02:

BlackGold4vr
08-16-2010, 10:43 AM
I thought Tony Hills looked pretty good. In my mind he has to move up the depth chart after his performance. Nice to see one of those older picks starting to contribute.

:2cents:

nuclearchihuahuas
08-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I didn't see a whole lot of effort out of Adams--he wasn't finishing blocks or even moving quickly off the line...I hope you are right that its just the first preseason game and he will get better as he learns the position. Hopefully against the Giants, a team he is very familiar with we will get to see the real Flozell.

SteelCityKid5
08-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Game one of the preseason

KSSteelerfan
08-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Too early to start the let's hope that Flozell doesn't make this team thread. But having said that if he doesn't start showing something for the money that he's been signed for...well then I guess all bets are off.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
avril owned him on the edge....i dont think it will be an issue though, starters didnt exactly give it their all the other night

:plus1: Avril is a good speed rusher (Flo has struggled with that for YEARS) so that wasnt the worst thing ever. I wish i could re-watch that. I wanna count Leftys steps on that drop... had to be 8-10. Regardless he was TOO deep and TOO slow to step up. That made Flo look stupid and handed Avril an easy sack.

K Train
08-16-2010, 01:03 PM
interesting fact:

in the 2008 draft the steelers had a clear shot to draft cliff avril in the 3rd rounds....a player that was regarded a late first-second round guy as purdue cranks out great 34 OLBs.

but they opted for bruce davis who about 400 days later was no longer in football

Layin the wood
08-16-2010, 01:16 PM
In that 2008 draft most of the draft publications said that Bruce Davis could be the next Terrell Suggs based on his UCLA stats ( 26-28 sacks ) so i can see what the front office saw in him. I will say that being from Big-10 country i got to see Avril play quite a bit and i personally thought he had more upside!!

K Train
08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
i thought davis would be lucky to be taken in the 5th....3rd was unreal. whatever, just another failed mid round pick

no bullshit, read the thread to see how much i wanted avril lol

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13542&highlight=bruce+davis

Callax
08-16-2010, 05:24 PM
He looked like M Starks clone on a few pass plays... flat footed, didn't get his big butt out in front of his guy, got burnt around the corner.... but his spin move is almost as good as mendenhall's

LarryNJ
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Hopefully against the Giants, a team he is very familiar with we will get to see the real Flozell.

That means 2 false starts and 1 holding call in his 1 quarter of play. :)

K Train
08-16-2010, 09:08 PM
nah that means he might swing a leg out and trip osi, thats all...he just doesnt like the giants or osi lol

LarryNJ
08-16-2010, 09:49 PM
hahaha..ya I forgot tripping! :)

http://vimeo.com/6704982

GoBenGo
08-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Flozelle ain't no gazelle...sounds more like a french brand of filter media through which opposing objects pass easily.(heavy sigh):evilshake:

Real Deal Steel
08-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Flozell will be under a microscope this whole preseason. He'd better be better by
week 3 of the preseason or we will have to go in another direction. I'm expecting better from him next week.