PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the offensive line?

Dallas Burgher
08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Has anyone seen or heard anything about the OL except for Pouncey? Has anyone improved a lot over last year? Thanks in advance.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Most of the news in camp regarding the offensive line is how bad they are getting schooled by Ziggy Hood every day.

From what I've heard, Flozell Adams is looking better each day. Not much on Pouncey from the reports I've read lately but he is out there battling and learning all he can. We'll see a lot of him during preseason which should tell us a lot.

coldrolled
08-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Only news on the sports stations are the Bengals.....

Are the Steelers still in the NFL..? lol

Its like 81 and 85 already won the SB... crack my a$$

K Train
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Steelers OL Maurkice Pouncey Taking Majority Of Snaps At LG
Pittsburgh Steelers first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey got moved around a little by getting a snap with the first team at center then taking a number of reps as the second-team center. Pouncey has been almost exclusively taking snaps at left guard with the second team. He also has gotten some third-team snaps at center along with Kraig Urbik.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_694162.html
they are playing him at all 3 spots

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Kemo should be the unquestioned starter at LG, IMO. He showed great improvement last year and unless he suddenly begins to suck I'd be keeping him there and concentrating on getting Pouncey all the reps at Center that we can. This kid is the future, get him reps at RG so he can step in if Essex goes down but he needs to get experience going against guys like Hampton every day.

Ibleedblk&gld
08-10-2010, 08:57 PM
this is the only thing i've heard about the OL (lately)

Jim Wexell: Watching Jon Scott makes me miss Tony Hills. Also makes me think they have to go OT first round next year. Have to.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
this is the only thing i've heard about the OL (lately)

Jim Wexell: Watching Jon Scott makes me miss Tony Hills. Also makes me think they have to go OT first round next year. Have to.

There's a shocker, we should have went with a Tackle several times over the last 6 years. You can't harp on the importance of the offensive line enough, you ignore it in the draft and sooner or later you get bitten.

Ibleedblk&gld
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
we've been getting bitten for a while now, lol

Zachintosh66
08-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Any news on the offensive line?

They are still suspect until proven otherwise...

K Train
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
lol WOW j scott sucking THAT bad? damnnnnn

Black@Gold Forever32
08-10-2010, 11:16 PM
They will go OT early next year in the draft....They will have to.....Some OT's I will be watching this year.....DeMarcus Love who plays for Arkansas, Derek Sherrod from Miss. State, Marcus Gilbert from Florida, James Carpenter from Bama..................Joseph Bardsdale from LSU and Anthony Costanzo are among the top OT's and if they have great seasons they will be out of the Steelers reach probably.......Other OT's of note......Nate Potter, Clint Boling, Jason Pinkston.......

As for the OL right now.....I'm glad to see Pouncey move all over the line......Doesn't hurt to get him reps at LG or RG.......I hope he opens up as the starting center and I expect him really to help the OL this season.....

I think Adams even at 35 will be better then Colon.......I hope the OL looks like this Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Foster, Adams.......If J. Scott is worse then Tony Hills then cut him now.....lol

K Train
08-10-2010, 11:24 PM
next years OT class is sorry.

i like carimi as a RT and marcus cannon as a G or RT but those are the only guys im really high on. barksdale looks like a 3rd-6th rounder. pinkson is a guard. constanzo looks alright, but after the last 3 years this is a SORRY OT class, great for QBs, DEs, and CB....and EPIC for WR, but pathetic for OT....they really ****ed up not moving up for oher, big fail

mos07
08-10-2010, 11:33 PM
They will go OT early next year in the draft....They will have to.....Some OT's I will be watching this year.....DeMarcus Love who plays for Arkansas, Derek Sherrod from Miss. State, Marcus Gilbert from Florida, James Carpenter from Bama..................Joseph Bardsdale from LSU and Anthony Costanzo are among the top OT's and if they have great seasons they will be out of the Steelers reach probably.......Other OT's of note......Nate Potter, Clint Boling, Jason Pinkston.......

As for the OL right now.....I'm glad to see Pouncey move all over the line......Doesn't hurt to get him reps at LG or RG.......I hope he opens up as the starting center and I expect him really to help the OL this season.....

I think Adams even at 35 will be better then Colon.......I hope the OL looks like this Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Foster, Adams.......If J. Scott is worse then Tony Hills then cut him now.....lol

I like that o line - probably will not happen, but what do I know??? I just know Leftwich makes Big Ben look like a young Mike Vick in the pocket - better keep Byron upright to have a shot at 3-1 in Ben's absence.......

Do not bother bother posting 2-2 is good enough - it is not - everyone has to step up to give us a chance to win this division and earn a home playoff game.....

Black@Gold Forever32
08-10-2010, 11:40 PM
next years OT class is sorry.

i like carimi as a RT and marcus cannon as a G or RT but those are the only guys im really high on. barksdale looks like a 3rd-6th rounder. pinkson is a guard. constanzo looks alright, but after the last 3 years this is a SORRY OT class, great for QBs, DEs, and CB....and EPIC for WR, but pathetic for OT....they really ****ed up not moving up for oher, big fail

Love and Sherrod are the two OT's I like best......Sherrod fits our system well and really think he won't shoot to far up draft boards....I think Love has upside and I'm going to watch him closely this year.....Don't be surprised if he rises up draft boards.....I don't like the OT's that are projected as the top 3 right now in this class.....The games havn't started yet and you know Ktrain players always come out of nowhere to rise up draft boards and some top guys right now always fall.....

Real Deal Steel
08-11-2010, 12:16 AM
There is a lot of age on the D-line also. So as long as they address either the offensive or defensive line, that will be fine.

But I expect them to address the safety or CB position around the 3rd round.