PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Predictions (NFC)

SteelDad
08-08-2010, 11:56 AM
My NFL predictions are not for any purpose other than the reader’s entertainment. Using my picks to gain any form of insight into potential gambling revenue is at the reader’s risk. Although a small donation my way would be nice should you be successful…..:grin1:

I remember the days of watching Jimmy 'the Greek' on CBS' NFL Today and thinking, "How much does this guy really know and how often is he right?" I realized as I got older that it really didn't matter because making predictions isn't really about being right, it's about creating buzz and talking points. With that said, I hope to be as correct as possible, but if I'm not, that's OK. And no, my shirt is not unbuttoned so far down as to reveal my chest hair and gold medallion. On to my picks.

NFC East
1. Dallas Cowboys 11-5
2. NY Giants 10-6
3. Washington Redskins 9-7
4. Philadelphia Eagles 8-8

-Dallas needs to get to the SB in order to save Phillips' job IMO. Too much talent.
-G-Men will be better, but can defense hold up?
-Skins win just because Shanahan is a good coach, but you know and I know, McNabb will get injured at some point.
-Kolb will lose some games this year despite having big numbers and defense is suspect.

NFC North
1. Minnesota Vikings 12-4
2. *Green Bay Packers 10-6
3. Chicago Bears 7-9
4. Detroit Lions 4-12

-If the 'Ol Gunslinger returns which I think he will, Vikes will be tough again. Will Allen sport the mullet again?
-I think Rodgers will be the MVP this year due to huge numbers if, and this is a big if, the line can keep him on his feet. Defense is a concern though (i.e. loss to Cards)
-TE Olsen will be unhappy in Martz new offense and is the defense getting too old?
-Lions will be better, but not that much better. Suh will not have big numbers either which he really shouldn't being a DT.

NFC South
1. New Orleans Saints 12-4
2. *Atlanta Falcons 11-5
3. Carolina Panthers 5-11
4. Tampa Bay Bucs 4-12

-With Brees and Parcells disciple Payton, I think they stay hungry.
-I really like the Falcons youth and they get to the football on defense.
-Magic 8-ball tells me Clausen is in by Week 8 and Fox is unemployed in January.
-Bucs go with Freeman at Qb, but have way too many holes. Morris is pink-slipped in January.

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers 9-7
2. Seattle Seahawks 8-8
T2. Arizona Cardinals 8-8
4. St. Louis Rams 3-13

-Niners rely on defense and conservative offense to win crappy division.
-Carroll will make Seattle better, only if Hasselback stays healthy. Defense is coming on.
-Leinart will struggle, especially without Boldin. Can secondary improve?
-Bradford will play decently but Rams may wear out Jackson by mid-October. No other playmakers either.

NOTE: I believe the Packers will get the tie-breaker over the Giants as the two play each other in Lambeau in Week 16 where I'll take the Pack to win giving them the tie-breaker for the wild-card.

BOLD=Division Winners
*=Wild-Card Teams

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2010, 12:27 PM
That NFC West is going to be a tough place, those teams are not as far as apart as some might think. The 49ers are starting to show signs of really coming together and they can certainly contend for the divisional title. The Cardinals will go as far as whoever is going to QB them will take them. Breaston is a good WR but I don't think he'll command the type of coverage that Bouldin did, therefore teams will be able to double Fitz more which could cause problems if they can't move the ball with other players.

Seattle

SteelDad
08-09-2010, 10:25 AM
That NFC West is going to be a tough place, those teams are not as far as apart as some might think. The 49ers are starting to show signs of really coming together and they can certainly contend for the divisional title. The Cardinals will go as far as whoever is going to QB them will take them. Breaston is a good WR but I don't think he'll command the type of coverage that Bouldin did, therefore teams will be able to double Fitz more which could cause problems if they can't move the ball with other players.

Seattle

Agreed. The NFC West could literally end up in any form with the exception being St.Louis whom I believe will be the bottom-feeder regardless.