PDA

View Full Version : Leavy talks about blown calls in SB XL... blah blah blah

MattyVfromCT
08-07-2010, 12:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444048 :evilshake:

not that i really give a ****. but it's interesting that leavy said he made mistakes in the fourth quarter. no mention of ben's td or the pass interference on jackson which were both legit

Moondog
08-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Wasn't that ref speaking to a bunch of people while in Seattle?

Championship teams overcome adversity to win games, the Seahawks did not. Besides, other than the call on Hasselback on the interception return, those calls were pretty much legit. I think it's time for Seattle to move on...end of story.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-07-2010, 12:25 PM
They will never move on, they will feel like they should have won it till eternity! The fact is, we get nailed with bad calls every week, every time does. Hell there were tons of bad calls leading up to that super bowl that could have altered our chances of getting there so seriously, if you want to bitch about it still then don't get yourself in a position to lose the game due to refs in the first place. If they were so great then they should have won outright so whatever...get over it it was 4 years ago for God sakes!

MattyVfromCT
08-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Wasn't that ref speaking to a bunch of people while in Seattle?

Championship teams overcome adversity to win games, the Seahawks did not. Besides, other than the call on Hasselback on the interception return, those calls were pretty much legit. I think it's time for Seattle to move on...end of story.

yes he was. but like i said. he was talking about 2 plays in the 4th quarter which were obviously the hold called on locklear and the "low block" called against hasselbeck which we can all agree was a bad call. the hold was iffy but did that make their center get blown up by hampton resulting in a sack? no. did that make the hawks run on 2nd and long? no. did that make hasselbeck throw that godawful pick? no

Blazedby92
08-07-2010, 05:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner

Shutdown Corner Sat Aug 07 07:50am PDT

Super Bowl XL head official admits to blown calls
By Doug Farrar

There are those in Seattle, and around the country, who will go to their graves believing that the Pittsburgh Steelers' 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL had an odor to it from the start. From Ben Roethlisberger's(notes) one-yard rushing touchdown that was inconclusive even on review, to the phantom holding call that took a potential 98-yard touchdown drive away from Seattle, the calls made by the officiating crew in that February, 2006 game created a tapestry of suspicion that persists to this day. Some believe that the refs were told to call the game tight on the Seahawks and loose on the Steelers, a concept which exacerbated the mistakes Seattle made in the game.

More than four years after the fact, another voice has been added to the choir calling that game a mess of bad decisions. Head official Bill Leavy, in Seattle to go through the annual rules changes production on behalf of the NFL, started his presentation by addressing what he called "the elephant in the living room."

It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better. I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough. When we make mistakes, you've got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl, it's difficult.

The only problem with the idea of "stepping up and owning" the mistakes is that until Leavy's admission, the league had tacitly refused to do so. Then-VP of Officiating Mike Pereira went on the NFL Network's Total Access show two weeks after the game (as opposed to the usual one-week lag) and glossed over what was then a national outrage over the officiating in that game. Steelers fans aside, everyone wanted to know -- what the heck happened?

Pereira explained one of the two calls Leavy was talking about -- the fourth-quarter holding call on right tackle Sean Locklear(notes) that pushed the ball from the Pittsburgh 1-yard line to the Pittsburgh 29 -- as follows:

Looking at the position of [Locklear's] feet, and saying that you've got to keep hands inside the frame from this position, with the right end around the shoulder, pulling on the arm, and eventually the defender going down to a knee...you've got the ingredients of a hold there. That's an example of a type of play that you'll get from time to time. It's got the ingredients of a hold -- not the strongest, but in fact, it's got what it takes to be considered a hold. And Bill Leavy, from his position, got that look that you just saw.

It's also important to note that the NFL refined the holding rules at the Owner's Meetings soon after. "One of the things we emphasized in there was seeing the entire foul," committee co-chair Rich McKay said. "If you do not see the entire foul, you cannot call holding. That's specifically applied when players go to the ground. Because what often happens is you see a player, a defensive player on the ground, the offensive player is on the ground and you see a flag, foul it. If you don't see the entire action, you cannot assume that it was holding that caused that player to go to the ground."

The other call Leavy's talking about, a low block call on Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck(notes), is one that Pereira almost admitted to being wrong at the time.

Of course, two things stand out about Leavy's admission -- first, why did it take so long for him to admit that his calls were wrong? The NFL drilled it into everyone's heads that all the "important" calls in that game were close, but correct. With so many of the main characters off to other things, what's the good in admitting it now? Replay technology hasn't changed; the league has the same angles on that game now that it did then. Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren is now running the Cleveland Browns, and team president Tim Ruskell is now working for the Chicago Bears. Pereira has retired from his league position to become the media personification of officiating expertise for several media outlets. Leavy is still an official. Hasselbeck and Locklear are two of a handful of Seahawks players who are still with the team.

Second, just because Leavy admitted to blowing two calls doesn't mean that those were the only errors in the game. Leavy wasn't the one who called the Roethlisberger touchdown; that was head linesman Mark Hittner. Nor was Leavy in charge of the first-quarter offensive pass interference call on Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson(notes). Do the Seahawks have to wait another five years for the admissions on those calls?

Put simply, the Seahawks didn't play well enough to win Super Bowl XL. They made several crucial mistakes, but it's also correct to say that the Steelers didn't play well enough to win. Officiated correctly, XL probably would have been an ugly war of attrition; a barely-remembered close game that could have gone either way. But because of the calls made, the league's subsequent denial that anything was wrong with those calls, and Leavy's admission of guilt so much later, this game will never go away.:banging::banging::banging::banging:

Real Deal Steel
08-07-2010, 06:40 PM
When your a bunch of losers like the Seattle Seahawks and their fans are, all you can do is lament about "what if's". That's what losers focus in on all day and nite.

Cardinals are sitting around talking about, " What if that Big Ben pass didn't get to Holmes in the corner of the end zone." Because that's what losers do.

RW318
08-07-2010, 06:47 PM
I love it.

You wanted an admission of guilt....where here you ****ing go....PROOF. I can't wait till the other officials nut up and stop trying to save their own asses and admit to some more ****ed up calls.

The man even said he IMPACTED THE GAME IN THE CRITICAL CLOSING MOMENTS WITH HIS BLOWN CALLS......BLOWN CALLS. Some of yall have been ducking the truth....and now you get slapped in the mouth with it.

Now you can go on and list other Seattle mistakes...but the fact of the matter is...something out of their hands effected the end result. Smile because there's no "do-overs" and the lucky breaks are yours to keep. I just love knowing that I've been right this whole ****ing time....and the man who blew the ****ing whistle disagrees with 99% of your bullshit retorts as well.

BAM!

RW318
08-07-2010, 06:56 PM
LOL....at getting help from the refs and still calling out the seahawks and their fans like the game wouldnt have been any different without the ****ed calls. Regardless of where he admitted to it...he ****ing admitted it...it's time you nut up like him and accept the facts.

OVERCOME ADVERSITY? Don't classify getting dicked by the refs as overcoming adversity...you think you could win a close boxing match that your opponents family was judging? Get real. In professional sports you should never be put in a position like that...so you shouldn't have to worry about overcoming **** but your own mistakes...not everyone elses.

nuclearchihuahuas
08-07-2010, 08:34 PM
It is interesting that seemingly most every major victory we have had was due to a blown or controversial call...going all the way back to the immaculate reception...look at all those blown calls in the course of several seasons that got us 6 Lombardi's...of course there could not possibly be any other reason we have done so well. GIMME A BREAK! You don't hear us whining years after the fact when calls go wrong against us

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
LOL....at getting help from the refs and still calling out the seahawks and their fans like the game wouldnt have been any different without the ****ed calls. Regardless of where he admitted to it...he ****ing admitted it...it's time you nut up like him and accept the facts.

OVERCOME ADVERSITY? Don't classify getting dicked by the refs as overcoming adversity...you think you could win a close boxing match that your opponents family was judging? Get real. In professional sports you should never be put in a position like that...so you shouldn't have to worry about overcoming **** but your own mistakes...not everyone elses.

You want to nut up ,here ya go
"Looking at the position of [Locklear's] feet, and saying that you've got to keep hands inside the frame from this position, with the right end around the shoulder, pulling on the arm, and eventually the defender going down to a knee...you've got the ingredients of a hold there. That's an example of a type of play that you'll get from time to time. It's got the ingredients of a hold -- not the strongest, but in fact, it's got what it takes to be considered a hold. And Bill Leavy, from his position, got that look that you just saw....
It's also important to note that the NFL refined the holding rules at the Owner's Meetings soon after. "One of the things we emphasized in there was seeing the entire foul," committee co-chair Rich McKay said. "If you do not see the entire foul, you cannot call holding. ...so he made the right call at the time

I'll also accept the fact there were a ton of bad calls in the game,and we didn't play our best in that game,while I'm at it I will also nut up and take the trophy that goes with the game because we had more points then them and that is all that really matters.
Now why don't you nut up and admit that it don't mean a dam thing ,it's called ancient history!!

RW318
08-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Explain to me how he made the right call at the time when he openly admitted to making the wrong call at the time? A call so ****** they changed the rules so they could crucify refs who made a similar mistake.

Of course you will...calls influenced the game in the Steelers favor and the fans ran with it acting like Seattle was trash and the game was properly officiated. Both teams played like trash but the whistle went in a teams favor more than the other...and what do you know...that team took the title.

HUNT4SEVEN
08-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Leavy made his comments Friday, during a rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, and brought up the sore subject without being asked. He didn't specify which plays he "kicked" that day in Detroit, but Seahawks fans still discuss two. He was in Seattle what do u expect him to say? If he was being so honest why didn't he disclose the 2 calls that he so called blew? I guess it's the ref's fault that Willie Parker made a record 75 yard run for a touch down, and it was the refs fault that, that bum qb thru a INT, and it was the refs fault that Seattle defense let Randle El throw a touch down on em also, Pittsburgh has had it's shared of getting dicked by the refs over the years also, get over it already...

dawgs
08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Leavy made his comments Friday, during a rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, and brought up the sore subject without being asked. He didn't specify which plays he "kicked" that day in Detroit, but Seahawks fans still discuss two. He was in Seattle what do u expect him to say? If he was being so honest why didn't he disclose the 2 calls that he so called blew? I guess it's the ref's fault that Willie Parker made a record 75 yard run for a touch down, and it was the refs fault that, that bum qb thru a INT, and it was the refs fault that Seattle defense let Randle El throw a touch down on em also, Pittsburgh has had it's shared of getting dicked by the refs over the years also, get over it already...

You just said he brought it up. So I would expect him not to bring it up lol.

TEEMONT
08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
The Locklear call, really? It could have gone either way, just like every holding call in the NFL. The Hasselbeck block, well that **** didn't matter, he had already thrown the pick. Thats just Hasselbeck making more excuses. Was it a bad call? Not according to the rules. The same exact penalty was thrown on Hartings in the Colts game that playoffs for doing the same exact thing.

Would I whine if I was a Sehawks fan? Yeah.

MattyVfromCT
08-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Explain to me how he made the right call at the time when he openly admitted to making the wrong call at the time? A call so ****** they changed the rules so they could crucify refs who made a similar mistake.

Of course you will...calls influenced the game in the Steelers favor and the fans ran with it acting like Seattle was trash and the game was properly officiated. Both teams played like trash but the whistle went in a teams favor more than the other...and what do you know...that team took the title.

sounds like somebody is butthurt that we have 1 more lombardi than the cowgirls. take your crying elsewhere.

as far as the 2 calls in the fourth, the hole was kinda iffy, but locklear did hook haggans' right arm and it did affect his movement. people can debate it all they want but watch the nfl gotw program for that game. even seattle's radio crew said "locklear got caught hooking the arm they will call that every time".

whether or not it was a "bad" call or not, that call did not make their center get blown up by hampton on the next play resulting in a sack. that call did not make them run the ball on 2nd and 25 WHICH IS AN INCREDIBLY STUPID CALL, ESPECIALLY AGAINST A DEFENSE WHO'S CALLING CARD IS STOPPING THE RUN. alexander gained 7. a lot of people cry about a so-called "horsecollar" tackle committed by peezy on that play but if people did a little research they would know that a horsecollar tackle did not include the back of the jersey or shoulder pads in 2005. they changed the rule in the spring owners meetings after that game for the 2006 season.

and finally the holding call did not make hasselbeck throw that godawful pick. he had a man open but threw the ballway over his head and almost appeared there was miscommunication on the route. the receiver might have ran the wrong route or hasselbeck floated it way too much. either way, he hits the wr, they have another shot at a td OR if they don't turn the ball over, they were within field goal range. they kick a field goal and they are only down by 1 point and that changes the game completely. that would put the pressure on us to score. i do agree that the "low block" on hasselbeck was an AWFUL call. BUT, that did not matter anyways because it was post possession. the int would still count even if they didn't call that. made a 15 yard difference but we still needed a first down before trying the randle el pass. and hines was so wide open anyways i dont think the 15 yards would have mattered

Zachintosh66
08-08-2010, 05:22 PM
blah blah blah :lol: A lot of good this does now...

the biggest bad call ever is still the blown perfect game

MattyVfromCT
08-08-2010, 05:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5447132

updated with quotes from the steelers and seahawks

RW318
08-08-2010, 06:07 PM
sounds like somebody is butthurt that we have 1 more lombardi than the cowgirls. take your crying elsewhere.

as far as the 2 calls in the fourth, the hole was kinda iffy, but locklear did hook haggans' right arm and it did affect his movement. people can debate it all they want but watch the nfl gotw program for that game. even seattle's radio crew said "locklear got caught hooking the arm they will call that every time".

whether or not it was a "bad" call or not, that call did not make their center get blown up by hampton on the next play resulting in a sack. that call did not make them run the ball on 2nd and 25 WHICH IS AN INCREDIBLY STUPID CALL, ESPECIALLY AGAINST A DEFENSE WHO'S CALLING CARD IS STOPPING THE RUN. alexander gained 7. a lot of people cry about a so-called "horsecollar" tackle committed by peezy on that play but if people did a little research they would know that a horsecollar tackle did not include the back of the jersey or shoulder pads in 2005. they changed the rule in the spring owners meetings after that game for the 2006 season.

and finally the holding call did not make hasselbeck throw that godawful pick. he had a man open but threw the ballway over his head and almost appeared there was miscommunication on the route. the receiver might have ran the wrong route or hasselbeck floated it way too much. either way, he hits the wr, they have another shot at a td OR if they don't turn the ball over, they were within field goal range. they kick a field goal and they are only down by 1 point and that changes the game completely. that would put the pressure on us to score. i do agree that the "low block" on hasselbeck was an AWFUL call. BUT, that did not matter anyways because it was post possession. the int would still count even if they didn't call that. made a 15 yard difference but we still needed a first down before trying the randle el pass. and hines was so wide open anyways i dont think the 15 yards would have mattered

How about....no? As I said you can bring up **** they did wrong....but when outside factors effect the end results of the game....the **** does that have to do with them? This guy pretty much said he ****ed Seattle over and gave the game to the Steelers. That's the facts without all the sugar coating that you've been living off of for years. He directly effected the game in the closing minutes (more of his own words)....obviously he made calls against one team that he shouldn't have.

Also the ref was obviously going by what he thought...when in reality his vantage point was ****ed and he SAW nothing. You don't ****ing think as an NFL ref...you see.

The Steelers made horrible ****ing plays as well....the ball bounced (or whistle blew...whatever) in their favor.

P.S.
15 yards could truly influence whether one play is called or another.....everyone knows that. Would you run a play action on your one yard line or are you more likely to do it on your own 15? (just an example)

MattyVfromCT
08-08-2010, 06:49 PM
How about....no? As I said you can bring up **** they did wrong....but when outside factors effect the end results of the game....the **** does that have to do with them? This guy pretty much said he ****ed Seattle over and gave the game to the Steelers. That's the facts without all the sugar coating that you've been living off of for years. He directly effected the game in the closing minutes (more of his own words)....obviously he made calls against one team that he shouldn't have.

Also the ref was obviously going by what he thought...when in reality his vantage point was ****ed and he SAW nothing. You don't ****ing think as an NFL ref...you see.

The Steelers made horrible ****ing plays as well....the ball bounced (or whistle blew...whatever) in their favor.

P.S.
15 yards could truly influence whether one play is called or another.....everyone knows that. Would you run a play action on your one yard line or are you more likely to do it on your own 15? (just an example)

obviously you are butthurt. that's why you joined a steelers fansite to bitch about us. so let me get this straight? no team has even had a "bad" holding call on them? no team had even gotten a bad 15 yard penalty called against them? yeah those 2 calls really "won" the game for us. go watch the divisional round of the playoffs that year, the indy/pitt game in particular. the officiating in that game from beginning to end was so much worse than the super bowl and so much more lopsided in indy's favor. here's plenty of examples where officials have dicked us over in the past. ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuk01PIcUMQ

fact is there is bad officiating in every game in the history of pro football. to point to one or 2 calls from a 60 minute game and claim they are "THE reason" why a team lost is asinine. the only case i could agree is if it's a back and fourth game and a call right at the very end helped a team out. the seahawks had plenty of chances to win that game and failed. so many dropped passes, poor playcalling, godawful time management, 2 missed field goals, giving up the longest running td in super bowl history, letting hines get ridiculously wide open on the randle el gadget play, dropping half a dozen passes, etc. those calls did not lose the game for them and if you think otherwise you have your head up your ***.

oh and btw, your example in the p.s. was a stupid example. ike taylor took the ball out to the 29. that is significantly different than the 1 yard line. whether they had the ball at the 29 or 44, they still had room to do whatever play they wanted as opposed to being backed up on your 1 where it drastically limits what you can do

RW318
08-08-2010, 10:42 PM
That's been the excuse Steelers fans used for the past few years...while everyone else knew something was wrong. "you're just butthurt...there's no proof....the head official even got on NFLN and said they were the right calls". You sound butthurt that you've been full of **** for the past couple of years.

Critical calls in critical moments...one very well could have resulted in a point swing and an immensely different game. Who the **** are you to say it didn't cost them the game? Didn't they get DEEP in Steeler territory when they got ****ed on the holding call? Memory could be off...but every drive they did good on a whistle brought them back (or stevens was being a bum...except when he got ****ed over by the holding call on his catch (again could be wrong)). Hmmmm.

It's not ****ing stupid because being near midfield opens up the ****ing playbook to everything compared to your own 29.

P.S.
I've been part of this site since 2006...and usually only post in the NFL section (except if someone compares raping women to fighting someone or dog fighting to defend an idol.).

MattyVfromCT
08-08-2010, 11:27 PM
That's been the excuse Steelers fans used for the past few years...while everyone else knew something was wrong. "you're just butthurt...there's no proof....the head official even got on NFLN and said they were the right calls". You sound butthurt that you've been full of **** for the past couple of years.

Critical calls in critical moments...one very well could have resulted in a point swing and an immensely different game. Who the **** are you to say it didn't cost them the game? Didn't they get DEEP in Steeler territory when they got ****ed on the holding call? Memory could be off...but every drive they did good on a whistle brought them back (or stevens was being a bum...except when he got ****ed over by the holding call on his catch (again could be wrong)). Hmmmm.

It's not ****ing stupid because being near midfield opens up the ****ing playbook to everything compared to your own 29.

P.S.
I've been part of this site since 2006...and usually only post in the NFL section (except if someone compares raping women to fighting someone or dog fighting to defend an idol.).

i don't care how long you've been here. all you've been doing on this post is whining like a butthurt cryboys fan who can't take the fact that we have one more lombardi than your sorry *** franchise. there have been far worse officiated games than this. bad calls happen in every game and change the momentum. a series of bad calls let the indianapolis colts get back into the divisional game that year against us. we were dominating that game but a safety that was ruled at the 1 yard line, a missed blatant pass interference call committed against randle el that would put us in field goal range, no flag on mathis driving his helmet into ben's shoulder when he was already being brought to the ground, a non call on indy going offsides and making contact with our o-line on 4th and 1, and let's not forget the worst replay overturning in nfl history, overturning troy's pick of manning that would have sealed the game. all those blunders made that game a lot closer than it really was. and what did we do? let's see, bettis fumbled the ball on first and goal and our quarterback made the tackle of all people. and a rookie cornerback by the name of bryant mcfadden stepeed up and batted away 2 passes that were potential game winning touchdowns. see, the steelers didn't sit there and whine like a bunch of undisciplined crybabies. while reviewing troy's pick cowher told the team regardless of what happens go out there and finish the job. unlike holmgren and the hawks who would whine and cry anytime something didnt go their way even if it was the correct call, like when hasselbeck's pass to darrel jackson at the end of the 1st half was ruled incomplete because he only got one foot inbounds. enough with the whining. go find some cryboys site to go bitch on

Steel Trap86
08-08-2010, 11:34 PM

P.S.

dude 6 years ago the seahawks were on the **** end of a couple blown calls, but it didn't cost them a superbowl, they had more then enough chances to go up and failed. 2 years later we shut them down again 21-0 and since gone on to win another superbowl. we were ****ing robbed in the 4th quarter too, the safety call on a bullshit holding penalty that set up arizona to take the lead, instead of a huge first down catch by holmes... and then another bullshit "holding" penalty that put us at 1st & 20 on our own 10 with under 2 min to play, but instead of bitching and whining we went 90 yards in 80 seconds to score the game winner. The Steelers have always been the better team. seahawks have done **** all since then, im sick of hearing there fans continue to cry and moan over a 6 year old game!

MattyVfromCT
08-08-2010, 11:37 PM
dude 6 years ago the seahawks were on the **** end of a couple blown calls, but it didn't cost them a superbowl, they had more then enough chances to go up and failed. 2 years later we shut them down again 21-0 and since gone on to win another superbowl. we were ****ing robbed in the 4th quarter too, the safety call on a bullshit holding penalty that set up arizona to take the lead and then another bullshit "holding" penalty that put us at 1st & 20 on our own 10 with under 2 min to play, but instead of bitching and whining we went 90 yards in 80 seconds to score the game winner. The Steelers have always been the better team. seahawks have done **** all since then

exactly. that is the calling card of steeler haters. they fail to recognize any bad calls that go against us while nitpicking anything that goes in our favor. gotta love the hypocrisy. it has been a known fact for years that the refs suck. don't put yourself in that position

BlitzburghRockCity
08-09-2010, 12:46 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_693996.html

Max Starks offered up some advice for referee Bill Leavy if he still feels so terrible for a couple controversial calls he made during Super XL nearly five years ago.
"He should go ahead and retire if he feels so bad about it," Starks said Saturday. "Just do us all a favor and not referee anymore."
In Seattle for the first time Friday since refereeing Super Bowl XL in which the Steelers defeated the Seahawks 21-10, Leavy, a 16-year veteran official, unexpectedly apologized to the Seahawks for two blown fourth-quarter calls that helped the Steelers to the victory.
"I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter, and I impacted the game and, as an official, you never want to do that," said Leavy, who was at Seahawks camp discussing new rule changes. "It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."
Steelers linebacker James Farrior is one of 11 starters from that Super Bowl still on today's roster. Farrior was taken aback when told of the admission by Leavy 54 months after the fact.
"I guess they need better refs," Farrior said. "I don't know what to tell them. That was 2005. That's old stuff."
Leavy didn't specify which plays, but the most controversial were a holding call on Seattle tackle Sean Locklear and an illegal block by quarterback Matt Hasselbeck after an interception.
Early in the fourth quarter with the Steelers leading 14-10, Locklear was called for holding Clark Haggans on a pass completion to Jerramy Stevens that would have put the Seahawks at the Steelers' 1-yard line.
"Well, that was a holding," Starks said. "And that's coming from an offensive lineman. It pains me to admit those kinds of things."
Hasselbeck threw an interception three plays later and then was called for an illegal block to move the Steelers near midfield.
Four plays later, Antwaan Randle El's reverse pass touchdown to Hines Ward sealed the game for the Steelers.
"You know what, even if you give them that touchdown, we still win the game," Starks said. "It would've been 14-10. We still win. I know we have no regrets. We have won another one since. You look back on it, and you're a human being and that was a judgment call and you have to live with it. If you thought it was iffy, then don't make the call."
Seattle coach Mike Holmgren complained afterward about the refereeing and that the Seahawks were called for seven penalties and the Steelers three.
The NFL stood by the officiating afterward, releasing a statement that said the game was properly officiated.
"We won a whole other Super Bowl after that," Farrior said, "and they are still talking about the first one."

DBR96A
08-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Scoreboard.

xxxsteelernation
08-09-2010, 08:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5447132
Did anyone else see this post today come one every game has blown calls, and this game did too for both sides. Just because the Steelers took advantage of the Seachicken mistakes, and the chicken couldn't capitilize on our mistakes is not the ref's fault. I have watched that game over and over again. and the two major calls that killed seattle was the touchdown by ben and after blowing that pic up and readjusting to pixels the ball was over (barley over) but was over the line. so that clears that up. and the second one was was the pushoff in the back of the endzone by the seattle reciever the nulled there touchdown. everyone on the replay saw him push off. So hense the flag. It just irritates me to no end when people have to blame their incompent way on other people, refs, or what not. Take responsibilty for your own actions. Seahawks was not the better team that year and they got beat. Sorry seachicken were not the patriots.

--- Added 8/9/2010 at 06:30 AM ---

I apologize i did not see the previous post for this same subject before posting this one. it's like 7 or 8 just woke up..lol

xxxsteelernation
08-09-2010, 08:37 AM
When your a bunch of losers like the Seattle Seahawks and their fans are, all you can do is lament about "what if's". That's what losers focus in on all day and nite.

Cardinals are sitting around talking about, " What if that Big Ben pass didn't get to Holmes in the corner of the end zone." Because that's what losers do.

I completley agree with the seattle statement 100% only difference between arizona and seattle is that seattle imploded after the super bowl. Pittsburgh west made another run and proved to be legit

--- Added 8/9/2010 at 06:37 AM ---

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_693996.html

Max Starks offered up some advice for referee Bill Leavy if he still feels so terrible for a couple controversial calls he made during Super XL nearly five years ago.
"He should go ahead and retire if he feels so bad about it," Starks said Saturday. "Just do us all a favor and not referee anymore."
In Seattle for the first time Friday since refereeing Super Bowl XL in which the Steelers defeated the Seahawks 21-10, Leavy, a 16-year veteran official, unexpectedly apologized to the Seahawks for two blown fourth-quarter calls that helped the Steelers to the victory.
"I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter, and I impacted the game and, as an official, you never want to do that," said Leavy, who was at Seahawks camp discussing new rule changes. "It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."
Steelers linebacker James Farrior is one of 11 starters from that Super Bowl still on today's roster. Farrior was taken aback when told of the admission by Leavy 54 months after the fact.
"I guess they need better refs," Farrior said. "I don't know what to tell them. That was 2005. That's old stuff."
Leavy didn't specify which plays, but the most controversial were a holding call on Seattle tackle Sean Locklear and an illegal block by quarterback Matt Hasselbeck after an interception.
Early in the fourth quarter with the Steelers leading 14-10, Locklear was called for holding Clark Haggans on a pass completion to Jerramy Stevens that would have put the Seahawks at the Steelers' 1-yard line.
"Well, that was a holding," Starks said. "And that's coming from an offensive lineman. It pains me to admit those kinds of things."
Hasselbeck threw an interception three plays later and then was called for an illegal block to move the Steelers near midfield.
Four plays later, Antwaan Randle El's reverse pass touchdown to Hines Ward sealed the game for the Steelers.
"You know what, even if you give them that touchdown, we still win the game," Starks said. "It would've been 14-10. We still win. I know we have no regrets. We have won another one since. You look back on it, and you're a human being and that was a judgment call and you have to live with it. If you thought it was iffy, then don't make the call."
Seattle coach Mike Holmgren complained afterward about the refereeing and that the Seahawks were called for seven penalties and the Steelers three.
The NFL stood by the officiating afterward, releasing a statement that said the game was properly officiated.
"We won a whole other Super Bowl after that," Farrior said, "and they are still talking about the first one."

So if levey or how ever you spell it comes to pittsburgh he's gonna tell us that that the game was called correctly? It sounds like he just wants to get outta seattle with his scalp still in place.

RW318
08-10-2010, 05:14 AM
i don't care how long you've been here. all you've been doing on this post is whining like a butthurt cryboys fan who can't take the fact that we have one more lombardi than your sorry *** franchise. there have been far worse officiated games than this. bad calls happen in every game and change the momentum. a series of bad calls let the indianapolis colts get back into the divisional game that year against us. we were dominating that game but a safety that was ruled at the 1 yard line, a missed blatant pass interference call committed against randle el that would put us in field goal range, no flag on mathis driving his helmet into ben's shoulder when he was already being brought to the ground, a non call on indy going offsides and making contact with our o-line on 4th and 1, and let's not forget the worst replay overturning in nfl history, overturning troy's pick of manning that would have sealed the game. all those blunders made that game a lot closer than it really was. and what did we do? let's see, bettis fumbled the ball on first and goal and our quarterback made the tackle of all people. and a rookie cornerback by the name of bryant mcfadden stepeed up and batted away 2 passes that were potential game winning touchdowns. see, the steelers didn't sit there and whine like a bunch of undisciplined crybabies. while reviewing troy's pick cowher told the team regardless of what happens go out there and finish the job. unlike holmgren and the hawks who would whine and cry anytime something didnt go their way even if it was the correct call, like when hasselbeck's pass to darrel jackson at the end of the 1st half was ruled incomplete because he only got one foot inbounds. enough with the whining. go find some cryboys site to go bitch on

My whole point was you could STFU because I didn't just join to do this....so the statement was complete bullshit and you were wrong...once more.

Nobody gives two ****s about the Colts game...it wasn't the biggest game in the sport. Plus, how many bad calls did THE OFFICIALS ADMIT TO in the the CRITICAL MOMENTS of FOURTH QUARTER? What?

Nice little comeback...I'm here to discuss the superbowl STEALERS (See what I did there? It was just as dumb as "cryboys")

DanRooney
08-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Nobody gives two ****s about the Colts game...

Speak for yourself. I laugh everytime the Colts choke even with the refs help. Steelers fans don't cry about blown calls. We usually overcome it and win the game anyway. How about that Polamalu TD that was called back in 2008 that resulted in the first ever 11-10 score? Oh guess nobody cares about that. Or when Bettis called tails for the OT possession. Guess nobody cares about that. But when a call benefits the Steelers losers go up in arms.

You guys are just a bunch of crybabies :yellowthumb:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yh1DyvTuDA

MattyVfromCT
08-10-2010, 07:06 AM
My whole point was you could STFU because I didn't just join to do this....so the statement was complete bullshit and you were wrong...once more.

Nobody gives two ****s about the Colts game...it wasn't the biggest game in the sport. Plus, how many bad calls did THE OFFICIALS ADMIT TO in the the CRITICAL MOMENTS of FOURTH QUARTER? What?

Nice little comeback...I'm here to discuss the superbowl STEALERS (See what I did there? It was just as dumb as "cryboys")

i'm completely aware you didn't join just to bitch about that game, but don't deny that you aren't here to bash the steelers. it's in your description for christ sake.

as far as the colts game, of course nobody cares. nobody ever has anything to say when the shoe is on the other foot. people's jealousy of the black and gold is very hypocritical. the nfl came out the very next day saying the polamalu pick was wrongfully overturned. maybe pete morrelli and his crew didn't feel like admitting anything. morelli and leavy are 2 different people. but anyways, how about the clock crew mistakingly stopping the clock after townsend sacked hasselbeck? the clock stopped for a good 25-30 seconds yet they only took 6 seconds off after cowher's inquiry. had the game been close, that little bit of time could have given seattle the chance for a last second, game winning play. hey, does that sound farmiliar? oh that's right. earlier that season the patriots got off a game winning field goal within the last 5 seconds of the game against us after the clock crew left an additional 50+ seconds on. you guys bitch about woodley blocking hightower in the "back" in super bowl 43 though it was from the side, yet ben got blocked in a similar fashion although much closer from behind on herndon's int return in 40, yet nobody talks about that at all. let's not forget hines ward getting speared in the back in sb 40. nobody talks about woodley getting held AND getting illegal hands to the face on fitzgerald's long td in 43. nobody talks about harrison and woodley getting blatantly held with no penalties throughout the entire 4th quarter. and why? because all of these hurts the bs theory that we "get all the calls". oh, how could i forget? 2 bogus holds called against us in 43. the hartwig one, called for a safety. no that had "no impact" on the game at all whatsoever, did it? nor did the bogus hold on our first play of our game winning drive, right? difference is, ben and the steelers didn't stand there getting in the officials faces whining like little girls like hasselbeck did all game long anytime anything didn't go their way. nope. okay, 88 yards to go instead of 78? no problem. quit whining. your jealousy is clearly showing. bad calls happen all the time. don't put yourself in that position. period. that's why i never blame the refs for a loss, no matter how bad they are. it's a well known fact that will screw up calls. don't be in that position

Steel Trap86
08-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Speak for yourself. I laugh everytime the Colts choke even with the refs help. Steelers fans don't cry about blown calls. We usually overcome it and win the game anyway. How about that Polamalu TD that was called back in 2008 that resulted in the first ever 11-10 score? Oh guess nobody cares about that. Or when Bettis called tails for the OT possession. Guess nobody cares about that. But when a call benefits the Steelers losers go up in arms.

You guys are just a bunch of crybabies :yellowthumb:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yh1DyvTuDA

Ya how about it, I was at that game and the refs not only robbed Polamolu of that TD, but Willie Parker for one as well. They called 13 penalties for 115 yards against the Steelers and only 1 penalty for 5 yards against the Chargers. They did everything they could to help the Steelers LOSE that game. I was sitting right in the endzone beside the scoreboard when Polamolu batted the ball and ran it in for a TD. There was never any forward progress on the laderal and it was called a Touchdown on the field. What I will never understand is what the hell they saw that caused them to overturn the initial call on the field and then admit they blew it AFTER the game was over. Funny thing is after all that we still won the game.
Anytime the Steelers get the **** end of the stick nobody pays attention. but if they win a game or a superbowl it's always the refs helping US out LOL success breeds many haters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVtlJgt_8FY&feature=related

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Ah, I see RW318 decided to come back and share his insight...

The talk about Bill Leavy’s admission about his errors in Super Bowl XL continues. In today’s twist, Mike Pereira, who was the head of officials at the time, says that Leavy’s calls DID NOT decide the outcome (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/10/mike-pereira-bill-leavy-didnt-hand-the-steelers-the-super-bowl/) of the day, despite what crying Hawks fans continue to say.

“Did Leavy’s calls determine the winner of Super Bowl XL? Absolutely not!” Pereira writes at FoxSports.com. “In truth, there were missed calls that went against both teams. Let’s all put aside our allegiances and go back four years and look at the game objectively. If we do, we will see that the Seahawks did not play well and neither, actually, did the Steelers.”
Pereira goes on to write that “The officials also did not have a great game,” but he thinks Leavy is actually wrong about one of the “kicked calls” he owned up to. Leavy regrets flagging offensive tackle Sean Locklear for a holding penalty that negated a big play for the Seahawks, but Pereira says Leavy actually got that call right. This story needs to just go away. The Steelers have gone on to win another Super Bowl, and the Hawks have done nothing. Leavy should have kept his mouth shut, and even if he thinks he was wrong, it’s been four years and no one cares at this point – except Leavy that is.

K Train
08-10-2010, 11:41 AM
lol at this thread.

there were some ticky tacky calls, so what, refs in every sport suck ***. if i was a seahawks fan i would bitch about it all the time too, but im not, so i dont care

coldrolled
08-10-2010, 12:22 PM
just think about 3 super bowls for belicheat.... wheres the story and book.

leavy probably has an uncle in publishing and wants to make a few million on a referee bad call book.

funny how when troy made the INT in the colts game and the refs and replay were on whos side?, didnt our players get in trouble for speaking out against the refs crappy calls after the game. which way did the calls go in the colts game??

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2010, 12:31 PM
It's a shame Leavy had to even open his mouth on this, nobody cares anymore except Seahawk fans. Why drudge up this whole mess and get the media in a frenzy again.

Who cares, we won, they didn't, we won another since then, they didn't...

ejsteeler
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM

To me, this is the key. If it should have been their game, they should have been a contender for the next year or two and weren't. Bad calls go both ways and this is a rediculous example of football anxiety. Come on season, start already!!!! :lol: :cope:

LatrobePA
08-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Leavy = STUPID!

greg1964
08-10-2010, 01:49 PM
the following was a result of a co-worker (from Seattle) who emailed with a link of the ref comments:

Yeah……I was expecting this from you once I heard the news: but the ref only indicated two calls he regret, the holding call and the blocking below the waste call on the interceptions in the fourth quarter.

Well: the holding call, I saw worst that hasn’t been called, (on James Harrison) but can any say with for sure that the Seahawks was going to score, even with the ball at the one. NO: According to you Seahawk fans, the Steelers didn’t score after they had the ball on the one yard line after three attempts. Did that play have an effect on the game, I sure it did, not what that effect was would only be speculation.

The low block from the QB on a interception return: Much to my surprise, there is a rule that on interceptions no one can “block” below the waste. The reason they called it a block was because he was engaged with someone while attempting to make the tackle. And actually took out the person he was trying to block for Ike Taylor. Now again, this play effected field position (by 15 yards) but would not have given the football back to Seattle.

Now for anyone that have ever coached a game in any sport will tell you: each call (play call) is depended on the results of the play before it: Example if you gain or loss five yards on 1st down, the play you call on second down will depend on the result of your first play called. So for the a fan or ref to say with any assurance that “if” these things would have happen, my team could have won the games, is assuming that every call from the play(s) in question would have been the same play called, and the results of that play would have been the same. Which is IMPOSSIBLE for someone to say:

Hey: I could say if the Patriots were not cheating the Steelers could have at least two more Super Bowl championship (let me see that would be 8) but that would be assuming that the Steelers would have beating the Rams (2001) and Eagles (2004).

But I sure this ref confession to the Seahawks fans make them feel better about themselves, I’m ok with it. But it doesn’t change the results.

Let the 2010 season begin:

lloydfan4life
08-10-2010, 02:36 PM
It's a shame Leavy had to even open his mouth on this, nobody cares anymore except Seahawk fans, and one poor misguided cowboy fan with a hard on for the F-bomb.. Why drudge up this whole mess and get the media in a frenzy again.

There... fixed it for ya. :yellowthumb:

SteelDad
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
I realize I'm pimping my own blog here, but I ranted on this last night. My fear is that MLB's Jim Joyce who did the right thing by immediately admitting his error that cost a perfect game, may have also in fact opened the flood gates for guys like Leavy to start admitting some of the poor or missed calls. Leavy was in Seattle and felt enough guilt to spill his guts.

RW318
08-10-2010, 09:13 PM
i'm completely aware you didn't join just to bitch about that game, but don't deny that you aren't here to bash the steelers. it's in your description for christ sake.

as far as the colts game, of course nobody cares. nobody ever has anything to say when the shoe is on the other foot. people's jealousy of the black and gold is very hypocritical. the nfl came out the very next day saying the polamalu pick was wrongfully overturned. maybe pete morrelli and his crew didn't feel like admitting anything. morelli and leavy are 2 different people. but anyways, how about the clock crew mistakingly stopping the clock after townsend sacked hasselbeck? the clock stopped for a good 25-30 seconds yet they only took 6 seconds off after cowher's inquiry. had the game been close, that little bit of time could have given seattle the chance for a last second, game winning play. hey, does that sound farmiliar? oh that's right. earlier that season the patriots got off a game winning field goal within the last 5 seconds of the game against us after the clock crew left an additional 50+ seconds on. you guys bitch about woodley blocking hightower in the "back" in super bowl 43 though it was from the side, yet ben got blocked in a similar fashion although much closer from behind on herndon's int return in 40, yet nobody talks about that at all. let's not forget hines ward getting speared in the back in sb 40. nobody talks about woodley getting held AND getting illegal hands to the face on fitzgerald's long td in 43. nobody talks about harrison and woodley getting blatantly held with no penalties throughout the entire 4th quarter. and why? because all of these hurts the bs theory that we "get all the calls". oh, how could i forget? 2 bogus holds called against us in 43. the hartwig one, called for a safety. no that had "no impact" on the game at all whatsoever, did it? nor did the bogus hold on our first play of our game winning drive, right? difference is, ben and the steelers didn't stand there getting in the officials faces whining like little girls like hasselbeck did all game long anytime anything didn't go their way. nope. okay, 88 yards to go instead of 78? no problem. quit whining. your jealousy is clearly showing. bad calls happen all the time. don't put yourself in that position. period. that's why i never blame the refs for a loss, no matter how bad they are. it's a well known fact that will screw up calls. don't be in that position

I swear to God I just stepped into a completely different world....where people think only Seahawks fans thought something was fishy with the game. EVERYBODY DID! Which is why there was so much negative publicity around it....HELLO! There was negative publicity around the Colts game too...people just don't give a **** because of the Superbowl "screw job". Don't play "holding calls" against me as far as that SB...because I could go on for years with what the Steelers got away with...but that game was called loose the whole way through...so I can respect them staying course for both teams. COMPLETELY different scenario.

lloydfan4life
08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
well... **** some **** to **** **** before you ****ed at the **** of ****.
Why the **** are **** **** going **** when it's ****ing ****. aww ****. I don't ****'n think **** will **** sauce ****-**** only ****ing one time, ****.

****!

PS.. Pittsburgh 6 - Dallas 5 :nahnah: :moon:

MattyVfromCT
08-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I swear to God I just stepped into a completely different world....where people think only Seahawks fans thought something was fishy with the game. EVERYBODY DID! Which is why there was so much negative publicity around it....HELLO! There was negative publicity around the Colts game too...people just don't give a **** because of the Superbowl "screw job". Don't play "holding calls" against me as far as that SB...because I could go on for years with what the Steelers got away with...but that game was called loose the whole way through...so I can respect them staying course for both teams. COMPLETELY different scenario.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

and i can go on for years about calls that we've been on the **** end of. do you want to try me? i have over 300 games from 65 to present. i can back my **** up. can you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuk01PIcUMQ

you are the epitome of butthurt

illinistlrfan
08-10-2010, 11:16 PM
To rw318 and all the other haters
20 Reasons Seattle Can't Blame the Refs:

1. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in SB
history...Seattle's defense did.

2. The Refs didn't bite on a 43 yd trick play,
Randle to Ward for a TD...Seattle's defense did.

3. The Refs didn't allow Ben to scramble around
on a 3rd and 28 and complete a long pass to the 2
yd. line...Seattle's defense did.

4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals, that was
Seattle.

5. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds
late in the 1st half to stop the clock in Pitt
territory in a crunch time situation...Seattle's
offense did.

6. The Refs didn't let the 1st half clock tick
down from 48 seconds all the way down to 13
seconds before finally running their next play at
Pitt's 36 yd line...Seattle's offense did.

7. And on this play, 3rd down, 53 yds away from a
FG, it wasn't the Refs who tried and failed to go
deep for a TD rather than a safer 5-7 yd play and
timeout setting up a much easier FG
attempt....that, again, would be Seattle's
offense.

8. The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone
defense and throw an INT...that would be
Seattle's QB.

9. The Refs didn't let a little physical contact
intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable
passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy
Stevens.

10. With approx. 20 seconds left in the game,
knowing they need a TD and FG, in no particular
order, and in easy FG range on 4th down, it
wasn't the Refs who ignored the FG and elected to
throw up a prayer trying for a TD...that AGAIN
would be Seattle.

And Seattle if you're Steel crying and steel
reaching for excuses...
11. The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the
end zone, repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the
20 yd line...that of course was Seattle.

12. It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas
gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position
to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky
beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.

13. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a
Steeler DB dropped an easy int early in the
game...that too would be a break for Seattle.

14. It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a
Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD
pass...that break again would go to Seattle.

15. It wasn't the scapegoat Refs that received a
break when a WR caught the ball, turned, stepped,
was hit hard enough to cause a fumble, and then
ruled INCOMPLETE...that would be of course,
another chance for Seattle.
(this was an interesting call considering that
after Troy's famous overruled Int, the NFL stated
that it WAS a catch. If so, than this definitely
WAS a catch)

16. The Refs werent the ones who caught a break
when at the conclusion of a 2nd qtr play, as a
Pitt DE was walking away, the Seattle Center
blindsided the defenseless player, leveling him
to the ground. This mysteriously unseen crime was
again another break for Seattle.

17. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when Pitt
QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued
the DB who he'd tossed an int to...that again
would go to Seattle.

18. It wasn't the Refs who stopped Seattle RB
Alexander in a few key situations. That would be
the Pittsburgh Steelers.

19. It wasn't the Refs who converted many of
their 3rd downs yet stopped their opponent on 3rd
down often...that would be the Pittsburgh
Steelers.

20. And the very bottom line is this...On plays
when there wasn't any penalties...One team made
plays and one team didn't. The end result was the
final score, 21-10 Seattle was outcoached and
outplayed.

KSSteelerfan
08-11-2010, 03:46 AM

P.S.

Ya just had to go there didn't ya....classless...really classless.:trollsign:

RW318
08-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Nobody said the Seahawks didn't make mistakes of their own...every game a team makes them regardless of the final score. The point was that it's a little (for lack of a better word) ****ed that they should have to overcome theirs and the officiating crews in clutch situations.

All in all though...keep on with the whole "butthurt" thing....it's been working for you for the past six years right? "Oh you think there were blown calls in the game? BUTTHURT BUTTHURT....BUTTHURT....HA HA!" and "Yeah, there were some bad calls but the Seahawks should have overcame everyones mistakes in the world...you're just BUTTHURT...BUTTHURT...BUTTHURT...HA HA!"

Classless? I'm using examples of what people said from this site....let's not let class get in the way of this now.

ejsteeler
08-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Some seriously sore losers out there.......

Bad calls happen. They are not excuses. They always suck. They are always harped on by the other team and fans. Facts of life people. Get over it.
The difference is over coming them. Anyone can say that's too much but, isn't that what every team that has a bad call against them has to do? Yes. Seattle lost the game all by themselves. No one can say that any of the calls would have made a difference one way or the other. All speculation and, sometimes, wishful thinking.

Bring on the 2010 season! :cope:

RW318
08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
That holding call could have been a 14 point swing and it sure as **** set the Steelers up pretty for 6. Seattle could have been on the one....instead it's a pick with a bullshit call on hasselback. Seems like the bad call(s) made a MASSIVE....MASSIVE difference there.

I could be wrong...it's been awhile...but this game sorta stuck in my head for some weird reason....probably because it was ****ed.

illinistlrfan
08-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Nobody said the Seahawks didn't make mistakes of their own...every game a team makes them regardless of the final score.

Then why in every article written or response from Seattle in the days, weeks to follow the game we never heard one thing about all of the Seahags mistakes

--- Added 8/11/2010 at 12:53 PM ---

That holding call could have been a 14 point swing and it sure as **** set the Steelers up pretty for 6.

You said it yourself, could have been a 14 point swing. If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. The Steelers caught the Seahags flat footed in the exact trick play they used a few weeks earlier. Maybe the coaches should done more coaching instead of whining and they stop the Steelers there, plenty of time left on the clock, but again the Seahawks couldn't do it.

kgreen
08-11-2010, 04:40 PM
That holding call could have been a 14 point swing and it sure as **** set the Steelers up pretty for 6. Seattle could have been on the one....instead it's a pick with a bullshit call on hasselback. Seems like the bad call(s) made a MASSIVE....MASSIVE difference there.

I could be wrong...it's been awhile...but this game sorta stuck in my head for some weird reason....probably because it was ****ed.

Haha dude you are a Cowboys fan why do you care?

Steel Trap86
08-11-2010, 04:58 PM
He cares because the Steelers have 6 and the Boys have 5

MattyVfromCT
08-11-2010, 06:24 PM

COSIGNED!

DanRooney
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
who cares games done we won. bad calls were made prior to that game against us when we were playing the colts. i'm surprised that we are always stereotyped into getting the refs help when it indy gets it all the time.

KSSteelerfan
08-12-2010, 02:41 AM

:yesnod:

Dobre Shunka
08-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Massive use of hyperbole and exaggeration. One call, 14 points?!?!t 14 points is a whole of football going on. Guess you had to find a way to justify the bad call claim in a game that wasn't won by a couple points.

What is it with crying and cowboy players and fans?

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/robbiam/826d179e.jpg

KSSteelerfan
08-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Massive use of hyperbole and exaggeration. One call, 14 points?!?!t 14 points is a whole of football going on. Guess you had to find a way to justify the bad call claim in a game that wasn't won by a couple points.

What is it with crying and cowboy players and fans?

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/robbiam/826d179e.jpg

It's like steeltrap86 said...they have 5 Lombardi's and we have 6 Lombardi's.

RW318
08-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Then why in every article written or response from Seattle in the days, weeks to follow the game we never heard one thing about all of the Seahags mistakes

--- Added 8/11/2010 at 12:53 PM ---

You said it yourself, could have been a 14 point swing. If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. The Steelers caught the Seahags flat footed in the exact trick play they used a few weeks earlier. Maybe the coaches should done more coaching instead of whining and they stop the Steelers there, plenty of time left on the clock, but again the Seahawks couldn't do it.

The point here is you cant honestly sit there and say the calls made no difference...it's bullshit. The Seahawks went from being on the one...to losing the ball getting another bad call and the Steelers having it at the 40 and pulling off a trick play. Honestly....it would seem like far more of a stretch not saying it was a possible 14 point swing than saying it was.

Some of yall are sad "their just mad cause we tied them" "their just made cause we have six" get ****ing real....everyones upset that the game was ****ed by the people who are supposed to...."un"**** it. No other reason....enough with the 7th grade cocky attitude ****.

igor0190
08-13-2010, 07:08 PM
The point here is you cant honestly sit there and say the calls made no difference...it's bullshit. The Seahawks went from being on the one...to losing the ball getting another bad call and the Steelers having it at the 40 and pulling off a trick play. Honestly....it would seem like far more of a stretch not saying it was a possible 14 point swing than saying it was.

Some of yall are sad "their just mad cause we tied them" "their just made cause we have six" get ****ing real....everyones upset that the game was ****ed by the people who are supposed to...."un"**** it. No other reason....enough with the 7th grade cocky attitude ****.

BOOOHOOOO

Steelers were a much better team than the Seachickens anyways. Steelers would have won a best of 7 series 4 to 1 no problem.

kgreen
08-13-2010, 08:02 PM

These refs are human and things happen rather fast on the field of play. They don't have the advantage of multiple slow-mo replays with multiple angles. And like players, they get nervous on the game's largest stage. Like others have said, its the teams that shrug-off the bad calls that find themselves hoisting that trophy. You can't blame refs for a game Seattle choked away. Maybe that's why you backing them-up because you guys know all about choking away chances in the playoffs.

lloydfan4life
08-13-2010, 08:13 PM

7th grade cocky attitude?? :wtf:

Dude... you've done everything in this thread except throw yourself on the floor and throw a temper tantrum. :thinking: ... or have you done that in the privacy of your mom's basement and we just don't know about it?

Seriously... other than the fact that it put the Steelers up on the Cowboys by one Lombari, why the hell do you care about it enough, YEARS after the fact, to continue to rant on a Steeler forum about it? Do you lack that much of a social life?

... but, but, but it could have been a 14 point swing.. :blah: :blah: :blah: ..... get over it already and move on. All your crying about it isn't going to change it. Fact is, as everyone's been trying to tell you and you seem to not understand, is that ALL games have calls that could be viewed as being bad. The mark of a good team, a championship team, is that they are able to overcome those perceived bad calls. The Steelers had to do in the AFCC game and still found a way to win. If the Seahawks were that worthy of winning the big one, they too should have been able to find a way to overcome. They didn't. They lost. The Steelers won. Time to move on now.

MattyVfromCT
08-13-2010, 10:47 PM

do you even watch football? show me one game where a) there isn't bad officiating and b) where that bad officiating doesn't change the momentum of the game. it's a fact of life but idiots like you only want to make a big deal about calls when the steelers benefit from them whether they are right are wrong. when the shoe is on the other foot you clowns have nothing to say about it, even if the call is so blatantly terrible. you can deny that you are butthurt all you want but it's blatantly obvious seeing as you keep coming back to rant a bout a game that a) was 5 years ago and b) DIDN'T EVEN HAVE YOUR TEAM PLAYING IN IT. your inferiority complex over the steelers is very sad. perhaps you should seek psychiatric treatment for it. or better yet, pull out the tampon, grow a pair and quit crying over ancient history, especially since it doesn't concern your team..........

venus88591
08-19-2010, 04:14 AM
very good
writting

I love

RW318
08-21-2010, 08:00 PM
7th grade cocky attitude?? :wtf:

Dude... you've done everything in this thread except throw yourself on the floor and throw a temper tantrum. :thinking: ... or have you done that in the privacy of your mom's basement and we just don't know about it?

Seriously... other than the fact that it put the Steelers up on the Cowboys by one Lombari, why the hell do you care about it enough, YEARS after the fact, to continue to rant on a Steeler forum about it? Do you lack that much of a social life?

... but, but, but it could have been a 14 point swing.. :blah: :blah: :blah: ..... get over it already and move on. All your crying about it isn't going to change it. Fact is, as everyone's been trying to tell you and you seem to not understand, is that ALL games have calls that could be viewed as being bad. The mark of a good team, a championship team, is that they are able to overcome those perceived bad calls. The Steelers had to do in the AFCC game and still found a way to win. If the Seahawks were that worthy of winning the big one, they too should have been able to find a way to overcome. They didn't. They lost. The Steelers won. Time to move on now.

You get even more ****ing pathetic by the post. My moms basement? **** out of here with that. I talk about football...you get so torn up you take jabs...congrats on proving a point.

The fact that it was a blown SUPERBOWL game is why I still ****ing care. I love the game itself not just one team. Oh I lack a social life because I spend ten minutes of my lunch break on here? I'll be damned....another half *** jab.

Superbowl. Don't talk to me about games that aren't Superbowls as far as this conversation. It's a sad cop out you just gave me...almost as sad as trying to insult me for being right (blown calls changed the game).

You go on with your "high and mighty" self though....you know....since you know me well enough to make accusations on my life. :yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
08-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahha :lol::lol::lol: at this post and all the fighting that's happening with it. EVERYONE, HONESTLY?! It was FOUR freaking years ago. WHO CARES ANYMORE? NOBODY!! This was so long ago that I can't even remember half the plays that everybody is talking about. RW318, to you, and to anybody who thinks that it's worth it to STILL be arguing over this, IT'S NOT! It wasn't even worth it to argue over it a second after the superbowl was over. THE GAMES OVER. Has been for a damn long time. What's gonna happen now that you've announced to everybody that the game could have been changed. NOTHING. Because NOBODY CARES. And to be quite honest, nobody cares what you or any other biased football fans have to say. NOBODY GIVES A CHIT. So please go crawl back into whatever hole you came from. Honestly. Oh yeah and also..nobody cares.

--- Added 8/21/2010 at 09:24 PM ---

Just wanted to add some more :lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol: This is too rediculous.

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2010, 03:41 AM
You get even more ****ing pathetic by the post. My moms basement? **** out of here with that. I talk about football...you get so torn up you take jabs...congrats on proving a point.

The fact that it was a blown SUPERBOWL game is why I still ****ing care. I love the game itself not just one team. Oh I lack a social life because I spend ten minutes of my lunch break on here? I'll be damned....another half *** jab.

Superbowl. Don't talk to me about games that aren't Superbowls as far as this conversation. It's a sad cop out you just gave me...almost as sad as trying to insult me for being right (blown calls changed the game).

You go on with your "high and mighty" self though....you know....since you know me well enough to make accusations on my life. :yellowthumb:

well, well, well i see my personal kick toy has returned to cry some more. you failed to address the points i made in the post above. when you can address my post without whining like a little school girl, then maybe people here will take you seriously without bashing you.....

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Why are you even still talking about this, who cares?! Im sure you're 10 minutes of lunch break can be better served posting about something else other than something that happened years ago and doesn't even matter because we won, we will have always won, we have the 6th trophy, nobody else does, refs don't win or lose games...that's that!

RW318
08-22-2010, 04:17 AM
Personal kick toy? Maybe I need to question whether you have a social life since you obviously believe this. I think I'll just stick to saying your actions here are pathetic. Are you in High School or fresh out? Anyways, I could give a **** less...congrats.

What were your so called points? That the game was four going on five years ago? That the Seahawks should overcome critical mistakes in the fourth quarter by the officiating crew? That they suck because they weren't able to overcome theirs and the officials mistakes? Yeah, if teams aren't able to overcome their own mistakes they arent that great....I disagree with the whole overcoming their own and the officiating crews mistakes though. (Especially in the Superbowl.)

Some of yall need to learn the definition of a football fan. It's what I am...my favorite team is the Cowboys but I'm a fan of the game itself. You know what I do on Saturday morning and on Sunday? I barbecue and watch football whether it's games that matter to my team or just irrelevant games as far as the Cowboys (and Longhorns). So why does it matter to me? For this very ****ing reason...fan....of....the....game.

--- Added 8/22/2010 at 02:17 AM ---

Why are you even still talking about this, who cares?! Im sure you're 10 minutes of lunch break can be better served posting about something else other than something that happened years ago and doesn't even matter because we won, we will have always won, we have the 6th trophy, nobody else does, refs don't win or lose games...that's that!

Now it's my before bed time. Anyways, it could be better served doing a **** ton of other things. It matters as far as I'm concerned simply because how the replies are being put.

1. Why do I care? Fan of the game.

2. They should overcome mistakes. Yeah, their own...shouldn't have to overcome 4th quarter officiating mistakes.

3. Everyone hates the Steelers that's why it's a big deal. Not so much. An official said he blew calls in the fourth and regrets it. The same calls they were trying to make seem like they were right on NFLN.

4. We had bad calls against us. Oh well. Did the officials come out and admit it after a "coverup". Also, was it in the Superbowl in critical moments.

DIESELMAN
08-22-2010, 05:56 AM
"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game,Leavy says he "kicked" two 4th Q calls? ok first, thats his personal opinion that his "kicking" of those 2 calls cost the Seahawks the game. 1st "kicked" call: Seahawks drove to the Steelers 19 yard line. 1st and 10, Hasselbeck throws a completion to Jeremy Stevens for 18 yards at the Steelers 1 yd line. Locklear gets called for a holding, 10 yard penalty, enforced at the 19, 1st and 20 from the Steelers 29 yard line. When I say overcome bad calls, here is what I mean. The Seahawks have at least 4 downs to get 20 yards for a 1st down or get close enough for a short FG attempt. They couldn't overcome the holding call and be professional enough to keep playing football. They "kicked" themselves. If Seattle had scored it would have been a 17-14 ball game in favor of Seattle. 2nd "kicked" call: the low block Hasselbeck threw on the Ike Taylor INT. 15 yard penalty, so instead of getting the ball on their own 29 yard line, they have the ball at their own 44 yard line. 4 plays later.....Steeler TD, that would have made it 21-17 Steelers. I agree there were bad calls in the game, on both sides, but please don't sit there and tell me those 2 "kicked" calls by poor sleepless in seattle Leavy actually cost the Seahawks the ****ing game. The game did not have a predetermined outcome before the game, there was no backroom deals made to ensure the Steelers won the game and there were no "kicked" calls that had they not been made would of ensured Seattle of winning the game. From Holmgren on down to the waterboy, the Seahawks quit on themselves and on their fans.

steelersbabex25
08-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry, I just can not believe that this conversation is still happening. Why don't we all dispute politics and religion while we're at it.

Callax
08-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Leavy is a seattle homer.... the only call he "blew" was the shot on Ben on the int return...
your TE drops 4 out of 9 passes and your offense is holding themselves every other play...
whatever helps you sleep at night....
game's over we won
you LOST
get over it
nothing gonna change
SCOREBOARD!

KSSteelerfan
08-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Personal kick toy? Maybe I need to question whether you have a social life since you obviously believe this. I think I'll just stick to saying your actions here are pathetic. Are you in High School or fresh out? Anyways, I could give a **** less...congrats.

What were your so called points? That the game was four going on five years ago? That the Seahawks should overcome critical mistakes in the fourth quarter by the officiating crew? That they suck because they weren't able to overcome theirs and the officials mistakes? Yeah, if teams aren't able to overcome their own mistakes they arent that great....I disagree with the whole overcoming their own and the officiating crews mistakes though. (Especially in the Superbowl.)

Some of yall need to learn the definition of a football fan. It's what I am...my favorite team is the Cowboys but I'm a fan of the game itself. You know what I do on Saturday morning and on Sunday? I barbecue and watch football whether it's games that matter to my team or just irrelevant games as far as the Cowboys (and Longhorns). So why does it matter to me? For this very ****ing reason...fan....of....the....game.

Now it's my before bed time. Anyways, it could be better served doing a **** ton of other things. It matters as far as I'm concerned simply because how the replies are being put.

2. They should overcome mistakes. Yeah, their own...shouldn't have to overcome 4th quarter officiating mistakes.

3. Everyone hates the Steelers that's why it's a big deal. Not so much. An official said he blew calls in the fourth and regrets it. The same calls they were trying to make seem like they were right on NFLN.

4. We had bad calls against us. Oh well. Did the officials come out and admit it after a "coverup". Also, was it in the Superbowl in critical moments.

Everyone hates the Steelers? Good point...........................NOT!!!!!!:lol: Jeez I could make the same general statement that Everyone hates the Cowboys. Which has nothing to do with this lame topic of conversation. What are you a closet Sea Hags fan?

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2010, 02:25 PM

funny because i don't remember the steelers crying about the bogus hold against justin hartwig in super bowl 43 that CHANGED THE GAME. they took away a first down where we would have run out the clock and gave arizona a safety, 2 points AND the ball back. they didn't cry when lamarr woodley was being held WITH illegal hands to the face on larry fitzgerald's touchdown that game them the lead. and they didn't cry about the bogus hold on our first play of the game winning drive that changed it from 78 yards to go to 88 yards to the endzone. did ben and the steelers cry like hasselbeck and the seahawks did the entire game of super bowl 40? no. he said you know what, 10 yards more? NOT A PROBLEM. im gonna carry this team on my back to victory with one of the greatest game winning drives in super bowl history.

funny how you ignore some calls that drastically changed the momentum of a super bowl of ours IN THE 4TH QUARTER. oh but you wouldn't want to do that, would you? because that hurts your weak argument, seeing as you're a typical butthurt steeler fan. always making a big deal out of every call that goes in our favor, even if that call was correct, while completely ignoring every call that goes against us, even calls that are so blatantly bad that mr. magoo would be able to see how bad they are. now which brand do you prefer? kleenex? cotton soft?

RW318
08-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Why would they cry when Santonio Holmes game winning catch wasn't one by NFL rules? His second foot caught his cleats and never made contact before he was out of bounds. Will you disagree with the observation...of course. Was it close...**** yeah. Can't fault a ref on that one....but was it correct....I don't believe so. Proof is more welcome than words....otherwise there is no point.

Well, the seahawks had a right to "cry"....the game was being called super ****ing tight on them the whole way through. Not so much for the Steelers. All opinion of course...

--- Added 8/22/2010 at 04:10 PM ---

Everyone hates the Steelers? Good point...........................NOT!!!!!!:lol: Jeez I could make the same general statement that Everyone hates the Cowboys. Which has nothing to do with this lame topic of conversation. What are you a closet Sea Hags fan?

I've read like 7 replys (probably more) to my posts that had something along the lines of that in them. Was not my statement....thank you for agreeing that it's an ignorant *** statement though.

steelersbabex25
08-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Why would they cry when Santonio Holmes game winning catch wasn't one by NFL rules? His second foot caught his cleats and never made contact before he was out of bounds. Will you disagree with the observation...of course. Was it close...**** yeah. Can't fault a ref on that one....but was it correct....I don't believe so. Proof is more welcome than words....otherwise there is no point.

Hahhhhhhhh what? Not even a chance.

lloydfan4life
08-22-2010, 08:01 PM

This comment just proves everyone's opinion of who you are.... a butt hurt Cowboys fan who is jealous that we have 6 and you have 5.

Here's your proof. Knowing your track record I'm sure you'll find some kind of excuse for this photo, but that's okay... we'd actually be disappointed if your crying didn't persist.

Go to the link and zoom into the hands... note both hands on ball, then zoom into toes.... note both toes can CLEARLY be seen on the ground. Unless the official NFL Rules have changed I believe this is the definition of a completed pass, but go ahead, let's hear the excuses anyway...

Link (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/333399/84582606.jpg)

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/333399/84582606.jpg

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2010, 08:14 PM
This comment just proves everyone's opinion of who you are.... a butt hurt Cowboys fan who is jealous that we have 6 and you have 5.

Here's your proof. Knowing your track record I'm sure you'll find some kind of excuse for this photo, but that's okay... we'd actually be disappointed if your crying didn't persist.

Go to the link and zoom into the hands... note both hands on ball, then zoom into toes.... note both toes can CLEARLY be seen on the ground. Unless the official NFL Rules have changed I believe this is the definition of a completed pass, but go ahead, let's hear the excuses anyway...

Link (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/333399/84582606.jpg)

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/333399/84582606.jpg

don't you just love smacking around ignorant people who make every excuse in the book? :yellowthumb::lol:

DIESELMAN
08-22-2010, 08:31 PM
:popcorn2:

RW318
08-22-2010, 11:07 PM
There we go...could have done without the bullshit though...but I've come to expect it. It's yalls "track record"

ejsteeler
08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
There we go...could have done without the bullshit though...but I've come to expect it. It's yalls "track record"

:thinking: :dunno:

KSSteelerfan
08-23-2010, 01:25 PM

Why do you even think that this is even worthy of a thread? why do you even care? Your rehashing a game that occurred several years ago. If all the calls that you claim were bad had gone in the Cowboys favor would you even be complaining right now? I don't think so. You've definitely let us all know that supposedly"everyone hates the Steelers." And you base that on your own personal bias perhaps? You really need to let this go. But knowing the stubborn "bull-headed Cowboy homer" that you are...you absolutely have to have the last word on this don't you.....Why don't you head back to the "Ponderosa" or whatever Cowboys forum that you probably love so much "Tex" and cry to some of your fellow sympathetic cowgirl fans.

Seriously ....get a life. You've beat this "dead horse" of a topic enough. Now do the humane thing and put it it out of it's misery. You will never convince any of us nor change our opinion of that game based on the argument or reasons that you have stated.

steelersbabex25
08-23-2010, 01:28 PM
:whistle: :+1:

KSSteelerfan
08-23-2010, 01:33 PM
:whistle: :+1:

:hilarious::yellowthumb:

RW318
08-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Why do you even think that this is even worthy of a thread? why do you even care? Your rehashing a game that occurred several years ago. If all the calls that you claim were bad had gone in the Cowboys favor would you even be complaining right now? I don't think so. You've definitely let us all know that supposedly"everyone hates the Steelers." And you base that on your own personal bias perhaps? You really need to let this go. But knowing the stubborn "bull-headed Cowboy homer" that you are...you absolutely have to have the last word on this don't you.....Why don't you head back to the "Ponderosa" or whatever Cowboys forum that you probably love so much "Tex" and cry to some of your fellow sympathetic cowgirl fans.

Seriously ....get a life. You've beat this "dead horse" of a topic enough. Now do the humane thing and put it it out of it's misery. You will never convince any of us nor change our opinion of that game based on the argument or reasons that you have stated.

Because I'm a football fan. The fact that Steelers fans, the NFL and it's officials denied it all up until now when most people with common sense knew it all along. That is also why. Like the same reason the Patriots signal stealing thing was big with me. You think I want the Eagles to win a damn Superbowl...I don't wanna see them get ****ed out of it and the game be a little more tarnished though.

You realize if you stop replying it dies correct. People are telling me different things thus keeping it alive.

No, I was told by numerous people on here that the world is biased against the Steelers. Were not my words I was using...if you enjoy taking **** out of context though...go right ahead.

No comment on the rest of the bullshit because it was based on words that were not mine.

MattyVfromCT
08-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Because I'm a football fan. The fact that Steelers fans, the NFL and it's officials denied it all up until now when most people with common sense knew it all along. That is also why. Like the same reason the Patriots signal stealing thing was big with me. You think I want the Eagles to win a damn Superbowl...I don't wanna see them get ****ed out of it and the game be a little more tarnished though.

You realize if you stop replying it dies correct. People are telling me different things thus keeping it alive.

No, I was told by numerous people on here that the world is biased against the Steelers. Were not my words I was using...if you enjoy taking **** out of context though...go right ahead.

No comment on the rest of the bullshit because it was based on words that were not mine.

you just don't know when to quit, do you? like i said, some bad officiating drastically changed the momentum of super bowl 43 yet the steelers didn't cry like the seahawks did in sb 40. they got the job done. then you had to play the "santonio didn't get both feet down" card only to have the evidence shoved in your face and some lame response to it.

seattle's problem in sb 40 is that LITERALLY every time something didn't go their way, even if it was the right call, hasselback was in the faces of the officials whining about it (like when darrell jackson caught a pass by the endzone near the end of the first half but only got one foot inbounds) and holmgren was bitching about it on the sidelines. the seahawks were not mentally prepared for that game. and that was not the first time that a mike holmgren coached team came into a super bowl unprepared and overconfident. just ask the 97 packers. one bad "low block" penalty does not equal 21 points. was the momentum changed? yes, BUT, name me one game that officiating DIDN'T change the momentum of the game. it happens all the time. enough of the whining. you can deny it all you want but the fact you are still on here grasping at anything you possibly can the attempt to discredit our championship (and failing MISERABLY i might add) just proves you are a butthurt cowboys fan who has a serious inferiority complex about the steelers.........

lloydfan4life
08-24-2010, 09:07 AM
you just don't know when to quit, do you? like i said, some bad officiating drastically changed the momentum of super bowl 43 yet the steelers didn't cry like the seahawks did in sb 40. they got the job done. then you had to play the "santonio didn't get both feet down" card only to have the evidence shoved in your face and some lame response to it.

seattle's problem in sb 40 is that LITERALLY every time something didn't go their way, even if it was the right call, hasselback was in the faces of the officials whining about it (like when darrell jackson caught a pass by the endzone near the end of the first half but only got one foot inbounds) and holmgren was bitching about it on the sidelines. the seahawks were not mentally prepared for that game. and that was not the first time that a mike holmgren coached team came into a super bowl unprepared and overconfident. just ask the 97 packers. one bad "low block" penalty does not equal 21 points. was the momentum changed? yes, BUT, name me one game that officiating DIDN'T change the momentum of the game. it happens all the time. enough of the whining. you can deny it all you want but the fact you are still on here grasping at anything you possibly can the attempt to discredit our championship (and failing MISERABLY i might add) just proves you are a butthurt cowboys fan who has a serious inferiority complex about the steelers.........

Now you're just wasting your time, Matty.
Trying to reason with this cowboy fan is equivalent to :whiz: in a fan...... it just isn't going to work.

If he were the 'football fan' he claims to be he would certainly be cheering SB43 for the excellent game it was. Instead he continues to try to find things to point his finger at the Steelers for. Ya definitely gotta give this guy one thing.... he's the definition of a true hater. :lol:

Jealousy is an ugly, ugly thing when it rears its head. :cope:

RW318
08-25-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't need to try and discredit anything....the official of that game already did that...sorry.

MattyVfromCT
08-26-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't need to try and discredit anything....the official of that game already did that...sorry.

again, 1 bad call and a so-called "bad call" [(the hold) that is actually correct according to the rules, hooking is not allowed, even seattle's play by play guy agreed with the call] that did not take away or put any points on the board for either team does not determine the outcome. neither call made hasselbeck throw that neil o'donnell-esque interception. keep crying little boy. you're like romo in the playoffs, a complete and utter failure......

JensK
08-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't get this whole discussion... Sure, they may or may not have been some blown calls, but that is not the Steelers fault, nor the Seahawks fault. Lets face it, Hawks had PLENTY of chances to win that game, as Steelers played like crap. For the rest of the league to whine about it, thats even more pathetic. At least we made it to the SB, unlike 30 other teams, and the Steelers organization can hardly be blamed for officiating, as its totally out of their hands. There is blown calls in every single game, this just happened to be in the SB. If we have to go down that road, i can find a bunch of examples on Steelers getting screwed by bad calls, some which did actually change the outcome, but thats just going to low. Its not in our hands, and it happens just as much against us as it does for us.

KSSteelerfan
08-26-2010, 12:52 PM
:+1: just saying....:yesnod:

Dean Denton
08-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Well the football Gods really didn't care about the calls in SB XL because if they did, I doubt the Steelers would have been given another SB so fast. Hell, Seattle had a chance a year later to get a little pay back when they came to Pittsburgh, and they got spanked 21-0. Seattle is really barking up the wrong tree anyways. They should be pissed at the Patriots for this. Look... If The Pats dont cheat to win the year before Pittsburgh goes on to win SB 39, and Jerome would have retired and Pittsburgh would have missed SB 40. It would have been The Colts. And if Seattle had any balls they would have gotten back to the SB on a perfect 18-0 record and kicked everyones ***, but...They have no heart. They want to point finger's and blame the world. Truth is the NFL makes no money if Seattle wins a SB. They would make money from the Pacific Northwest and thats it. If Pittsburgh wins they sell crap all over the world. If it were up to me Seattle would never win a thing. But if they would like a do-over get back to the SB in the next 7 years I'm sure Pittsburgh will be there again waiting for them. My guess is Pittsburgh wins 3 more before Seattle even gets there again.

RW318
08-29-2010, 03:01 AM
again, 1 bad call and a so-called "bad call" [(the hold) that is actually correct according to the rules, hooking is not allowed, even seattle's play by play guy agreed with the call] that did not take away or put any points on the board for either team does not determine the outcome. neither call made hasselbeck throw that neil o'donnell-esque interception. keep crying little boy. you're like romo in the playoffs, a complete and utter failure......

Call could be made every single play of the game...Seattle gets to the 1 and they decide to bust out with it. Hmmm. The officials words are reality....everything else is fantasy land bullshit.

I'll keep crying and you keep trying to run around the truth like an out of shape sprinter. Give me another bullshit reason to defy the reality the official who made the call laid down on your ***. Bring the ****. Seems like you're shedding far more tears than anyone in the thread.

Dean Denton
08-29-2010, 05:47 AM
Call could be made every single play of the game...Seattle gets to the 1 and they decide to bust out with it. Hmmm. The officials words are reality....everything else is fantasy land bullshit.

I'll keep crying and you keep trying to run around the truth like an out of shape sprinter. Give me another bullshit reason to defy the reality the official who made the call laid down on your ***. Bring the ****. Seems like you're shedding far more tears than anyone in the thread.You know why Seattle fans are so bitter? Because they really feel that was their only chance to win a SB. And I'm sure they are right. However, when a franchise is as crappy as Seattle (0 playoff wins in 25 years) they would bitch no matter how they lost. If this ****** franchise could play in more big games this would be a none issue. But since they are crap from top to bottom I dont see big games in their future anytime soon. I laugh at them every time they lose. I think its funny that they got all the bad calls in their one and only shot at a SB. I hope that made all their fans cry. (and their still crying, I love it) I'm glad Seattle feels like the NFL ripped them off for a SB. That should show them what the league thinks of them and maybe they should move to Oklahoma too. The Seahawks are a loser team, and makes the league no money, and no body cares about them. They should do the NFL a favor and just pull the plug. Their fans have been making them look like cry baby bitches for almost 5 years now, and no one cares. Everyone loves the Steelers, and everyone hates the Seahawks. I cant wait for this season to start so I can laugh at the 4-12 Seahawks again. hahahahahahahahaha Get ready Seattle for another losing Season led by your college coach. What a joke. Seattle fans need to shut up and just see if they can get the Seahawks into the PAC 10, then maybe they could win something.....losers...:)

lloydfan4life
08-29-2010, 08:19 AM
:rofl: dean, you have such a soft spot in your heart for seattle! :hilarious:

MattyVfromCT
08-29-2010, 11:53 AM

I'll keep crying and you keep trying to run around the truth like an out of shape sprinter. Give me another bullshit reason to defy the reality the official who made the call laid down on your ***. Bring the ****. Seems like you're shedding far more tears than anyone in the thread.

i'm shedding tears? lol coming from a cowboys fan crying about a game that was 5 years ago that did not involve his team ON A STEELERS SITE? come on now. so because leavy thought he made the "wrong call" that makes it true? bill corolla thought he made the right call in overturning polamalu's interception against indy in the playoffs that year, does that mean he was right? no. the nfl came out the next day and said the call on the field shouldn't have been overturned. really weak attempt there.

"fantasy land bullshit"? look here little boy, fantasy land is thinking a holding call and a low block call, neither of which gave or took away points for either team, determined the outcome of a 60 minute game. especially when the hold was the correct call. close, but according to the rulebook it is a penalty. LOOK IT UP. you aren't allowed to hook and locklear CLEARLY hooked haggans arm pulling him back. darnell stapleton got penalized for a similar play in baltimore in 2008 against ray lewis.

that is a penalty. on the nfl game of the week program, they played audio from seattle's play by play guy saying quote "sean locklear got that arm out against clark haggans and they're going to call that every time". this is not bill hillgrove or tunch ilkin of the steelers saying this. that was SEATTLE'S broadcaster. if it was as "awful" as a call that idiots like you make it out to be don't you think seattle's radio team would be bitching about it? I AGREE that the low block was a terrible call. but did that or the hold put up 21 points for us or take away points from seattle? hell no. and if hasselbeck doesn't throw that pick they can AT LEAST make an attempt for a field goal and if good, they are down by only 1 point and it's a completely different game. or even better, he could have hit his open man to set up a first and goal for another attempt at a td. but instead he took pointers from neil o'donnell on how to choke in a big spot. son, you gotta do better than this.......

ejsteeler
08-30-2010, 09:53 PM
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Got rings?? :6smile:

RW318
08-31-2010, 03:10 PM
No the fact that he knows the rules far better than any of us...and he knows when you're supposed to make the calls..makes it true. This wasn't some next day ****....this was like yall have been inclined to mention...five years later. The NFL went into full cover up mode for months.....then years later we get the truth from the one who made the calls.

Listen here "child"...fantasy land is thinking a call that took the ball off the one and then set the steelers up for a trick play made no difference in the big picture. Get ****ing real already. Lets never watch football again then...because the call should be made every play according to you...because that's how often it happens. All about timing and the fact the official saying "he thought he saw" and admitting wrong.

Yes my favorite team does have rings....

lloydfan4life
08-31-2010, 05:37 PM
No the fact that he knows the rules far better than any of us...and he knows when you're supposed to make the calls..makes it true. This wasn't some next day ****....this was like yall have been inclined to mention...five years later. The NFL went into full cover up mode for months.....then years later we get the truth from the one who made the calls.

Listen here "child"...fantasy land is thinking a call that took the ball off the one and then set the steelers up for a trick play made no difference in the big picture. Get ****ing real already. Lets never watch football again then...because the call should be made every play according to you...because that's how often it happens. All about timing and the fact the official saying "he thought he saw" and admitting wrong.

Oh for god sakes... give it a rest already. Your whimpering is really starting to get old. You really have to try to get help with that deep root of jealousy you got going on inside of you. That will eat away at you and make you a very bitter person. Chin up, someday the Boys may get their 6th too. :coffeecough:

Blazedby92
08-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Chin up, someday the Boys may get their 6th too. :coffeecough:

:haha::haha::haha:................................ ...Not with Jerry "Al Davis" Jones coaching.

Lloyd quit getting the boys hope up.:cope::cope:

MattyVfromCT
08-31-2010, 05:54 PM

what brand do you use? tampex? pnah that's too manly from somebody as feminine as yourself. you make the view look nfl primetime with all your crying. you still have yet to address the fact that seattle's play by play man thought it was the correct call because ACCORDING TO THE RULE BOOK you are not allowed to hook or encircle a player's arm AS LOCKLEAR CLEARLY DID ON FILM. you are a biased, steeler hater. if the calls were reversed i'd still agree with them with the exception of the "low block" which was terrible. yet you wouldn't have anything to say about it at all because the steelers wouldn't have a super bowl ring because we all know that's your agenda here. bitching because you're butthurt over the fact that our blue collar, small market team has 1 more lombardi than your flashy, big market empire that very arrogantly refers to itself as "america's team". as far as the official "knowing more about the rules than any of us" explain bill corrolla's interpretation of interception rules when he reviewed polamalu's pick of manning in the divisional round that year. funny how an official who knows "so much more about the rules than everyone" could **** up on a replay review when everyone and their brother knew that was a pick. some officials will interpret things differently. now get your head out of your *** and get yourself a maxipad. you're making a mess of this board with all your gushing......

steelersbabex25
08-31-2010, 06:27 PM
:whistle:

KSSteelerfan
09-01-2010, 03:40 AM
I can't believe that this thread is still going. :imho:

Steel Trap86
09-01-2010, 04:25 AM
lol steelers won, go home. :complain:

Dean Denton
09-01-2010, 06:12 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Seattle, even a ref comes out says he screwed up, and the NFL still wont say sorry...I love it. I just wish all the refs would come out and say, "we did it because we hate Seattle, and they suck. No body likes them and they need to flush that franchise down the crapper with the rest of the pooh. Oh wait, this franchise is already in the crapper...ya know, I think I have cleaned a little Seahawk of the bottom of my shoe from time to time....

RW318
09-02-2010, 05:55 AM
what brand do you use? tampex? pnah that's too manly from somebody as feminine as yourself. you make the view look nfl primetime with all your crying. you still have yet to address the fact that seattle's play by play man thought it was the correct call because ACCORDING TO THE RULE BOOK you are not allowed to hook or encircle a player's arm AS LOCKLEAR CLEARLY DID ON FILM. you are a biased, steeler hater. if the calls were reversed i'd still agree with them with the exception of the "low block" which was terrible. yet you wouldn't have anything to say about it at all because the steelers wouldn't have a super bowl ring because we all know that's your agenda here. bitching because you're butthurt over the fact that our blue collar, small market team has 1 more lombardi than your flashy, big market empire that very arrogantly refers to itself as "america's team". as far as the official "knowing more about the rules than any of us" explain bill corrolla's interpretation of interception rules when he reviewed polamalu's pick of manning in the divisional round that year. funny how an official who knows "so much more about the rules than everyone" could **** up on a replay review when everyone and their brother knew that was a pick. some officials will interpret things differently. now get your head out of your *** and get yourself a maxipad. you're making a mess of this board with all your gushing......

wow so funny...tampons because someone gives a **** about the game and the slight integrity left after rapists and murderers keep being allowed to play. You keep quoting a ****ing rule book and I keep quoting the mother****er who enforces it based off what he sees.

I wonder why he interpreted it one way then admitted he was wrong years later when there was nothing to lose. ****ing odd isn't it? You have your stupid conspiracy theory ****....and I have my **** which appears to be the TRUTH.

I could give two **** about an Indy game....****ing Deion ****ed the cowboys over when he played with the 49ers with a blatant hold (P.I.) which allowed them to seal the game and go to the Superbowl. Do you see me bringing it up? No? That's right...because it holds 0 ****ing weight in the conversation. Quit with that ****. We can go back and watch the Steelers and Seahawks and analyze the 2000 missed holding calls (that happens damn near every single play sometimes by multiple players in a single play)...and then debate why they didn't call them then and instead called it in that situation.

Then we can go and ask why the official went and threw the flag when it was something he didn't have a clear view of in such a critical moment of the 4th. Then ask him why he thinks it was the wrong call now...and why the NFL went through such great lengths to try and convince us it was right.

You bring up Seattle announcers...but didn't the national ones disagree with the call? I could be wrong...but I sorta doubt it if my memory is correct.

You had two sentences worth a **** and the rest were aimed at someone you literally know nothing about.

PS: the moniker was given to them...so save the tears for the man who thought of it and dubbed them with it.

Dean Denton
09-02-2010, 06:27 AM
wow so funny...tampons because someone gives a **** about the game and the slight integrity left after rapists and murderers keep being allowed to play. You keep quoting a ****ing rule book and I keep quoting the mother****er who enforces it based off what he sees.

I wonder why he interpreted it one way then admitted he was wrong years later when there was nothing to lose. ****ing odd isn't it? You have your stupid conspiracy theory ****....and I have my **** which appears to be the TRUTH.

I could give two **** about an Indy game....****ing Deion ****ed the cowboys over when he played with the 49ers with a blatant hold (P.I.) which allowed them to seal the game and go to the Superbowl. Do you see me bringing it up? No? That's right...because it holds 0 ****ing weight in the conversation. Quit with that ****. We can go back and watch the Steelers and Seahawks and analyze the 2000 missed holding calls (that happens damn near every single play sometimes by multiple players in a single play)...and then debate why they didn't call them then and instead called it in that situation.

Then we can go and ask why the official went and threw the flag when it was something he didn't have a clear view of in such a critical moment of the 4th. Then ask him why he thinks it was the wrong call now...and why the NFL went through such great lengths to try and convince us it was right.

You bring up Seattle announcers...but didn't the national ones disagree with the call? I could be wrong...but I sorta doubt it if my memory is correct.

You had two sentences worth a **** and the rest were aimed at someone you literally know nothing about.

PS: the moniker was given to them...so save the tears for the man who thought of it and dubbed them with it.ESPN took a poll about a week after SB XL and almost 80% of the nation DID NOT think the calls cost the Seahawks the game or were even bad calls. (And no the votes did not come from Pittsburgh, they were takin off the grid for voting.) They were calls that you could or could not have called, but they went against Seattle. Look, its not like the made up rules on the field like they have done against the Raiders, Tuck rule and well....I wont bring up the other one..lol I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here with this retarded Seahawk talk, but I can tell you everyone laughs at Seattle on this forum because, well ****, because its Seattle, and its fun to do. Like I said Seattle is a heartless franchise, and they were punished for it. Move that stadium off those Native burial grounds, or those fans and that team will continue to suffer. SB XL was just a sample of what the Football Gods are capable of. Seattle hasn't seen **** yet, but they will. Its coming, and its going to leave a naste mark.....Hey, If I were you I would be more worried about those Cowboys. That team is getting ready to suck a big Dic$ this year, and I'm guessing thats going to leave a foul taste in your mouth. Well, I would think its foul, you might not.....:grin1:

MattyVfromCT
09-02-2010, 07:21 AM

once again dancing around the issue. so you're saying that just because a referee is the one who enforces the rules he's always right? even if the rule book or the nfl, THE ONES WHO MAKE THE RULES say differently? ABSOLUTELY STUPID POINT ON YOUR PART.

do you think maybe the fact that he was speaking IN THE SEATTLE AREA had something to do with it? hmmmmm. you know it's possible that some disgruntled seahawks fans could have been sending him death threats and he was trying to put an end to it. if he was speaking in pittsburgh do you think he would be saying the same thing?

I could give two **** about an Indy game....****ing Deion ****ed the cowboys over when he played with the 49ers with a blatant hold (P.I.) which allowed them to seal the game and go to the Superbowl. Do you see me bringing it up? No? That's right...because it holds 0 ****ing weight in the conversation.

seeing as 49ers/cowboys from 94 was 11 years earlier than sb40 and din't involve either team from sb40 of course it has no relevance. but the indy game DOES because it was only weeks before and was an example of how bad the officiating was in general throughout the 2005 playoffs AND the officiating in that game was far worse. i was giving an example of where WE were screwed over time and time again by the officials in one game YET MANAGED TO MAN UP AND WIN THE GAME. it has relevance because it was in the same season and the same rules applied for both games. the rules were a lot different in 94. and the only reason i brought up sb 43 is because YOU challenged me to bring up a super bowl where officiating hurt us because the indy game "didnt count" to you just because it wasnt a super bowl, depite the officiating being 100 times worse than super bowl 40. so i produced it, you made excuses about santonio's td and lloyd bitchslapped your dumb *** with the evidence. another stupid point on your part.

Quit with that ****. We can go back and watch the Steelers and Seahawks and analyze the 2000 missed holding calls (that happens damn near every single play sometimes by multiple players in a single play)...and then debate why they didn't call them then and instead called it in that situation.

so now you're admitting that seattle did get away with several holds (which they did). funny how those aren't a big deal in your book, even though they affect field position, yet you're crying about leavy's hold call (WHICH IS CORRECT ACCORDING TO THE RULE BOOK, THE GOSPEL OF NFL PLAY) and bad "low block" call affecting field position. funny how it's only a big deal when it goes in our favor..... walter jones and company got away with their fair share so it balances out. as far as the "low block" seattle got away with several personal fouls which would have affected that field position you have such a hard on for. hines getting hit with a helmet to helmet after stepping out of bounds, von oelhoffen getting pushed from behind by seattle's center after the play was over, hines getting speared in the back after an incompletion, etc. hey let's not forget ben getting blocked in the back on herndon's interception return. ALL of which had no flag and quite frankly i don't care, i'm just proving a point. all of those would have impact on field position, funny how it's only a big deal when it befits the steelers......

what does this have to do with anything? seriously. so the only opinions that count are from "national announcers"? this is by far the most idiotic thing you have posted on here. first off, not everyone is going to have the same opinion, IT'S OBVIOUS. but to say one guys opinion means more, because he's a national guy and the other isn't is incredibly DUMB. when you have the announcer FROM THE TEAM THAT IS BEING PENALIZED, AGREEING WITH THE CALL, THAT SAYS A LOT. if anybody is going to have a bias, one way or the other, it's going to be a team's broadcast crew, and the broadcaster from the team that was penalized, agreed with the call. so it's not as "awful" as a call that idiots like you seem to think it is. SMFH............

funny because that sums up every single one of your asinine posts on this topic except not one sentence you posted has any redeeming value.............

illinistlrfan
09-02-2010, 11:10 AM

actually Madden agreed with the call right after it happened. Then after the 2nd or 3rd replay he changed his mind and ranted that it was not a hold. IMO if he wouldn't have made such a big deal out of a call he originally agreed with, this would not have been an issue. It was all Maddens sincere hatred for the Steelers that caused this........

lloydfan4life
09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/myknsj/th_d34fc96f.gif

steelersbabex25
09-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Oh hey wait? Who won that game...RIGHT. I think we all know who. Not gonna change. Get over it.

Root4Stlrs
09-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Really! I don't have any interest in ranting on ANY of the Cowboys' trips to the playoffs and could care less if they have been given any "special" consideration. These calls are, by their very nature, subjective and there is NO "capital T" truth of what happened. It's a logical fallacy to assume that something as multi-causal as the result of a football game is directly related to one, and only one, thing. Same as the "everybody" is upset about the outcome b/c the Steelers "cheated." Everybody thought the earth was flat but that didn't make it so.

lloydfan4life
09-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Really! I don't have any interest in ranting on ANY of the Cowboys' trips to the playoffs and could care less if they have been given any "special" consideration. These calls are, by their very nature, subjective and there is NO "capital T" truth of what happened. It's a logical fallacy to assume that something as multi-causal as the result of a football game is directly related to one, and only one, thing. Same as the "everybody" is upset about the outcome b/c the Steelers "cheated." Everybody thought the earth was flat but that didn't make it so.

:yellowthumb:

He's not going to understand a word of what you just said. :lol:

You probably should have used a few more of these ****. :hilarious:

MattyVfromCT
09-02-2010, 07:40 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/myknsj/th_d34fc96f.gif

lol i agree but i refuse to let a fan of another team get the last word on here, especially a fan of a team i hate with a passion......

Root4Stlrs
09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
:yellowthumb:

He's not going to understand a word of what you just said. :lol:

You probably should have used a few more of these ****. :hilarious:

I felt like I had to try. I've been reading this thread as long as everyone else. You're right about the *******. :lol: I should have inserted several of those.

RW318
09-03-2010, 12:55 AM
once again dancing around the issue. so you're saying that just because a referee is the one who enforces the rules he's always right? even if the rule book or the nfl, THE ONES WHO MAKE THE RULES say differently? ABSOLUTELY STUPID POINT ON YOUR PART.

do you think maybe the fact that he was speaking IN THE SEATTLE AREA had something to do with it? hmmmmm. you know it's possible that some disgruntled seahawks fans could have been sending him death threats and he was trying to put an end to it. if he was speaking in pittsburgh do you think he would be saying the same thing?

seeing as 49ers/cowboys from 94 was 11 years earlier than sb40 and din't involve either team from sb40 of course it has no relevance. but the indy game DOES because it was only weeks before and was an example of how bad the officiating was in general throughout the 2005 playoffs AND the officiating in that game was far worse. i was giving an example of where WE were screwed over time and time again by the officials in one game YET MANAGED TO MAN UP AND WIN THE GAME. it has relevance because it was in the same season and the same rules applied for both games. the rules were a lot different in 94. and the only reason i brought up sb 43 is because YOU challenged me to bring up a super bowl where officiating hurt us because the indy game "didnt count" to you just because it wasnt a super bowl, depite the officiating being 100 times worse than super bowl 40. so i produced it, you made excuses about santonio's td and lloyd bitchslapped your dumb *** with the evidence. another stupid point on your part.

so now you're admitting that seattle did get away with several holds (which they did). funny how those aren't a big deal in your book, even though they affect field position, yet you're crying about leavy's hold call (WHICH IS CORRECT ACCORDING TO THE RULE BOOK, THE GOSPEL OF NFL PLAY) and bad "low block" call affecting field position. funny how it's only a big deal when it goes in our favor..... walter jones and company got away with their fair share so it balances out. as far as the "low block" seattle got away with several personal fouls which would have affected that field position you have such a hard on for. hines getting hit with a helmet to helmet after stepping out of bounds, von oelhoffen getting pushed from behind by seattle's center after the play was over, hines getting speared in the back after an incompletion, etc. hey let's not forget ben getting blocked in the back on herndon's interception return. ALL of which had no flag and quite frankly i don't care, i'm just proving a point. all of those would have impact on field position, funny how it's only a big deal when it befits the steelers......

what does this have to do with anything? seriously. so the only opinions that count are from "national announcers"? this is by far the most idiotic thing you have posted on here. first off, not everyone is going to have the same opinion, IT'S OBVIOUS. but to say one guys opinion means more, because he's a national guy and the other isn't is incredibly DUMB. when you have the announcer FROM THE TEAM THAT IS BEING PENALIZED, AGREEING WITH THE CALL, THAT SAYS A LOT. if anybody is going to have a bias, one way or the other, it's going to be a team's broadcast crew, and the broadcaster from the team that was penalized, agreed with the call. so it's not as "awful" as a call that idiots like you seem to think it is. SMFH............

funny because that sums up every single one of your asinine posts on this topic except not one sentence you posted has any redeeming value.............

You're over here trying some lawyer bullshit disregarding the facts. Every NFL rule relies on the interpretation of the one enforcing it correct? Most of the refs chose not to call the petty bullshit on every single play. This one called it on a critical play and he even admitted to not having a clear view. He also admitted it was the wrong things to do. You literally have no point in arguing this FACT (nothing you bring up can change it...nothing)...yet you keep trying...while making a half *** attempt to belittle me. :yellowthumb:

Yeah, lets go off what ifs. Should make the conversation a little more interesting. I truly doubt it because he knew it would go public...and literally...people across the world would hear and know of it. Did he leave Seattle and immediately retract his statement?

You brought up ticky tack bullshit from another Superbowl....which I'm sure the Steelers got away with the same holding calls...like it should have been in the Superbowl in the debate. I asked for evidence and received it...move the **** on with those tears.

I'm talking about two calls made that were blown...you really wanna go back and see how much **** the Steelers got away with as well? You're not proving any point because I'm sure the Steelers got away with the same amount of ****...it's just....nobody is talking about that.

I'm not saying that...you gave me an opinion of some random ****ing hometown guy like it mattered. I gave you one from a national announcer....soooooo. Apparently you're a ****ing retard as well...put on your hat and join the club. Please shut the **** up with the name calling...you're not making yourself superior in any way. It's actually pathetic.:yellowthumb:

--- Added 9/2/2010 at 10:39 PM ---

ESPN took a poll about a week after SB XL and almost 80% of the nation DID NOT think the calls cost the Seahawks the game or were even bad calls. (And no the votes did not come from Pittsburgh, they were takin off the grid for voting.) They were calls that you could or could not have called, but they went against Seattle. Look, its not like the made up rules on the field like they have done against the Raiders, Tuck rule and well....I wont bring up the other one..lol I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here with this retarded Seahawk talk, but I can tell you everyone laughs at Seattle on this forum because, well ****, because its Seattle, and its fun to do. Like I said Seattle is a heartless franchise, and they were punished for it. Move that stadium off those Native burial grounds, or those fans and that team will continue to suffer. SB XL was just a sample of what the Football Gods are capable of. Seattle hasn't seen **** yet, but they will. Its coming, and its going to leave a naste mark.....Hey, If I were you I would be more worried about those Cowboys. That team is getting ready to suck a big Dic$ this year, and I'm guessing thats going to leave a foul taste in your mouth. Well, I would think its foul, you might not.....:grin1:

See, minus the last part which seems like a shot at the team...until I guess the other prick corrupted you into talking **** about the poster...this type of response would have made the thread run smooth.

Anyways, it was in the rule book even though it was a horrible time to finally enforce it...which almost everyone could agree with in saying the Raiders got screwed. How would you finally enforce some dusty rule in the most critical moment of the game? 99% of football fans never even heard of it. Wrong call to make.

I'm just happy my rapis....I mean QB (thought I was a Steelers fan for a second) is at least playing the first 5 games. I'm pretty sure saying I suck **** is allowed but calling a molester..a molester isnt. Interesting.

--- Added 9/2/2010 at 10:55 PM ---

Who said the Steelers "cheated"? The call had an effect on the game...who knows what it would have been like without it. That's the main point. The calls seemed fishy to most for years...and then the official who made them came out and said they were wrong to make. So, I mean I can only take one thing from all this that's going on. The Seahawks got screwed by bad officiating in the fourth....wrong or right?

Dean Denton
09-03-2010, 07:55 AM
NO NO NO...you can not say suck D*** on this forum, nor did I tell you to do such a thing...I said that your poll puffin cowboys were going to all season long. And no you can not talk about molestation either. But if there is something you need to talk about there are hot lines that can help you. Poor little fella...

Also I wouldn't be braggin about Romo getting to play in more games then Ben because Romo really "sucks hard" and 5 more games with him wont do your team any good. Defences are going to molest him all day long...(Molest= to annoy, disturb, or persecute especially with hostile intent or injurious effect.) forcing him to except what they feed him. No amount of mouth wash is going to get that taste out of his mouth. I hear losing taste really bad, but as a Cowboy fan you already know that....I'm thinkin your gonna be really pissed when Ben holds up trophy #7 and it gets displayed on that 200 foot TV in Cowboy stadium. HD and everything, wow, I cant wait....lol

Root4Stlrs
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
The Seahawks got screwed by bad officiating in the fourth....wrong or right?

--- Added 9/3/2010 at 08:49 AM ---

Who said the Steelers "cheated"? The call had an effect on the game...who knows what it would have been like without it. That's the main point. The calls seemed fishy to most for years...and then the official who made them came out and said they were wrong to make. So, I mean I can only take one thing from all this that's going on. The Seahawks got screwed by bad officiating in the fourth....wrong or right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are right. Who knows what it would have been like without it? Going on how the Steelers have typically reacted, you could make a case that they would have won anyway. Obviously that is a conjecture, but just as likely as their losing the game.
In terms of the call being fishy to "most" that is something that can't be substantiated. I hear that statement all the time and it turns out to be the person's two best friends who think so. Even if most people did think that, doesn't mean it's true. As to who said the Steelers cheated, using the term "fishy" to describe the situation calls into question the reason for making the calls and makes it sound as if there were some underhanded intent. Who would profit? Clearly the Steelers had the most to gain.
It is a fact that the referee said he felt bad about making the call. Whether that makes the call right or wrong can't be determined as again it is his opinion. And we all have a right to our opinions, including you and me. I don't think you're going to change your opinion about what happened and neither am I. Bottom line on this for me is that bad or questionable calls are made ALL the time. Many were made in the play-offs that year and whether you think they were important or not they still might have had some influence on who ended up playing in the Super Bowl. Good teams often overcome bad calls. I really don't think Seattle was a very good team that year and they have gone downhill since then.
This was pretty long-winded but this is over and out for me in this discussion as neither of us is going to change our minds.

KSSteelerfan
09-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh for Pete's sake......someone put this thread out of it's misery.:cowboyscrossout::deadhorse:

MattyVfromCT
09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
You're over here trying some lawyer bullshit disregarding the facts. Every NFL rule relies on the interpretation of the one enforcing it correct? Most of the refs chose not to call the petty bullshit on every single play. This one called it on a critical play and he even admitted to not having a clear view. He also admitted it was the wrong things to do. You literally have no point in arguing this FACT (nothing you bring up can change it...nothing)...yet you keep trying...while making a half *** attempt to belittle me. :yellowthumb:

i'm being the lawyer? you are the one who dances around anything that disproves your lame theory that those 2 calls are THE reason we won the game. now correct me if i'm wrong (WHICH I'M NOT), if all that matters is the interpretation of the rules on the field, then why does the nfl make statements about the calls being wrong in a game. why do they send out apology letters to teams when bad officiating costs them games? we have received our fair share.

we received 3 in the 2000 season alone. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Nfl+Once+again,+NFL+must+apologize+for+bad+call+on +Steelers-a065553706

admitted that corolla was wrong for overturning polamalu's interception in the 05 divisional round against the colts.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2294309

2007 afc wild card game against jacksonville.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08093/869712-66.stm
(scroll down to "playoff flag wasn't thrown")

and that's just a few steelers examples. fact is the rules are supposed to be interpreted the right way. if the official is wrong they say so the vast majority of the time.

HOLDING:
from the nfl rulebook at nfl.com:
Note: Pass blocking: Hand(s) thrust forward that slip outside the body of the defender will be legal if blocker immediately worked to bring them back inside. Hand(s) or arm(s) that ENCIRCLE A DEFENDER—I.E., HOOK AN OPPONENT—ARE TO BE CONSIDERED ILLEGAL AND OFFICIALS ARE TO CALL FOUL FOR HOLDING. Blocker cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an opponent in a manner that restricts his movement as the play develops.

which locklear clearly did on the replay. he hooked clark haggans' right arm. that is a penalty. i've seen darnell stapleton penalized for having one hand on ray lewis' bicep, slightly turning him and getting flagged for it. same deal.........

I'm not saying that...you gave me an opinion of some random ****ing hometown guy like it mattered. I gave you one from a national announcer....soooooo. Apparently you're a ****ing retard as well...

and you say i'm being a lawyer.....who are you to decide what announcer's opinion counts and what other announcer's doesn't? see, i brought that up because steeler hating morons like you make excuses regarding calls like the hold that "only a biased steeler fan would think that call was right" and i gave you the opinion of the PLAY BY PLAY MAN OF THE TEAM WHO WAS PENALIZED. that is some "random *** hometown guy"? IF ANYBODY WOULD DISAGREE WITH THAT CALL IT WOULD BE A SEATTLE GUY AND HE THOUGHT IT WAS LEGIT. and seriously, being national or local has nothing to do with the argument. more dancing around the subject as you always do. so despite the fact that john madden has deep seated hatred for the steelers and has rarely had a kind word for them since the 70's his opinion is the only one that counts? lmfao! yeah let's ignore the seattle guy who agrees his team was properly penalized and let's only listen to a guy who loathes the steelers and has for over 30 years.:yellowthumb: great job there. you should run for office...........

I'm talking about two calls made that were blown...you really wanna go back and see how much **** the Steelers got away with as well? You're not proving any point because I'm sure the Steelers got away with the same amount of ****...it's just....nobody is talking about that.

interesting that you're "sure" that we "got away with the same" yet you can't name me one example. NOT ONE. yet i've named several and you try and downplay every single one of them. it's only a big deal to you when it's the other way around :yellowthumb: nice job once again senator...................

You brought up ticky tack bullshit from another Superbowl....which I'm sure the Steelers got away with the same holding calls...like it should have been in the Superbowl in the debate. I asked for evidence and received it...move the **** on with those tears.

again saying how you're "sure" we "got away" with other things yet you can't provide one example. OUTSTANDING JOURNALISM MY FRIEND! BRAVO! BOY YOU DESERVE A BISCUIT! btw, the only only with tears in their eyes is mr. butthurt cryboys fan who's on a steelers' site crying about a hold and low block from a game that was 5 years ago that doesn't involve his team. all because his precious little feelings are hurt that his so-called "america's team" doesn't have the most lombardi trophies boo hoo! :lol: you crack me up!

I'm just happy my rapis....I mean QB (thought I was a Steelers fan for a second) is at least playing the first 5 games. I'm pretty sure saying I suck **** is allowed but calling a molester..a molester isnt. Interesting.

now hold on a second here. i seem to recall michael irvin being accused of rape/sexual assault twice, just like ben, and not being charged for either because of a lack of evidence and questionable motives of the alleged victims, just like ben. so according to your brilliant logic that must mean michael irvin is a rapist too, right? get out of here with that self righteous bullshit. you could put together a series of encyclopedias about all the criminals and scumbags that have played for the dallas cowboys since the franchise's inception. drug dealing, assault, exposing one's self to a child, wife beating, etc. hey how about thomas hollywood henderson sexually assaulting a paraplegic minor IN A WHEEL CHAIR. make sure your franchise doesn't have it's own skeletons in the closet before running your mouth off about another franchise, especially when yours is the posterchild for scumbags..............

http://www.jotterofarotter.com/2010/01/top-10-dallas-cowboy-arrests-of-all.html
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4884836

Who said the Steelers "cheated"? The call had an effect on the game...who knows what it would have been like without it. That's the main point. The calls seemed fishy to most for years...and then the official who made them came out and said they were wrong to make. So, I mean I can only take one thing from all this that's going on. The Seahawks got screwed by bad officiating in the fourth....wrong or right?

wrong. a) EVERY CALL has an impact on the game you moron. and not every call is going to be correct. but to sit there and blame a call like it absolutely, positively, 100% made the plays right after it happen is asinine. that hold was on 1st down. took what would have been a 1st and goal and made it a 1st and 20 from pit's 29, in field goal range. that call didn't make casey hampton blow through seattle's center sacking hasselbeck for a 5 yard loss. that call didn't make seattle very stupidly call a run play on 2nd and 25 (NOT THE FIRST TIME SEATTLE CALLED A RUN ON 2ND OR 3RD DOWN WITH OVER 20 YARDS TO GO) for only a 7 yard gain. that call didn't make hasselbeck trow that absolutely PITIFUL interception on 3rd and 18 from the 27. IF ANYTHING killed seattle's momentum in the 4th quarter it was that pick. fact is they had 3 chances to get a touchdown, set up another first and goal or at the very least KICK A CHIP SHOT FIELD GOAL THAT WOULD CUT THEIR DEFICIT TO 1 POINT. it would be a completely different game if he doesn't do his best neil o'donnell imitation. that pick sealed their fate. and like i said, name me one game, just one game where a bad call or missed call didn't affect the ebb and flow of a game. you can't because it happens in every game ever played. it's a weak excuse..............

steelersbabex25
09-03-2010, 11:14 PM
My god. The amount of time and effort that's going into these posts is just rediculous.

LatrobePA
09-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Are people still talking about this crap??

BR7
09-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Did someone re-instate Tim Lumber?

igor0190
09-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Hate to bring up this ridiculous conversation/thread again... but I happened to come across this article which sums it all up pretty good. RWS318 should probably read this and put his unjustified whining to bed.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2010/08/11/steelers-won-super-bowl-xl-fair-and-square/

Mike Periera:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ref-taking-super-mistakes-too-hard
"Did Leavy's calls determine the winner of Super Bowl XL? Absolutely not! In truth, there were missed calls that went against both teams. Let's all put aside our allegiances and go back four years and look at the game objectively. If we do, we will see that the Seahawks did not play well and neither, actually, did the Steelers.

The officials also did not have a great game. In the end, however, the team that deserved to win won. That, in my opinion, is the bottom line."

PS: This all could have been avoided if Hasslebeck didn't suck so bad.

DanRooney
09-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Ugh who bumped this thread?

Dean Denton
09-25-2010, 04:13 PM

Yeah, lets go off what ifs. Should make the conversation a little more interesting. I truly doubt it because he knew it would go public...and literally...people across the world would hear and know of it. Did he leave Seattle and immediately retract his statement?

I'm not saying that...you gave me an opinion of some random ****ing hometown guy like it mattered. I gave you one from a national announcer....soooooo. Apparently you're a ****ing retard as well...put on your hat and join the club. Please shut the **** up with the name calling...you're not making yourself superior in any way. It's actually pathetic.:yellowthumb:

--- Added 9/2/2010 at 10:39 PM ---

See, minus the last part which seems like a shot at the team...until I guess the other prick corrupted you into talking **** about the poster...this type of response would have made the thread run smooth.

Anyways, it was in the rule book even though it was a horrible time to finally enforce it...which almost everyone could agree with in saying the Raiders got screwed. How would you finally enforce some dusty rule in the most critical moment of the game? 99% of football fans never even heard of it. Wrong call to make.

--- Added 9/2/2010 at 10:55 PM ---

Who said the Steelers "cheated"? The call had an effect on the game...who knows what it would have been like without it. That's the main point. The calls seemed fishy to most for years...and then the official who made them came out and said they were wrong to make. So, I mean I can only take one thing from all this that's going on. The Seahawks got screwed by bad officiating in the fourth....wrong or right?hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha......... .......The Cowboys suck it all day long...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

DanRooney
09-25-2010, 04:27 PM
this thread won't die. nobody cares anymore.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2010, 04:32 PM
this thread won't die. nobody cares anymore.

I agree, it's been beaten to death way too long...

Oh, welcome back Dean, good to see ya!:yellowthumb: