PDA

View Full Version : It's time to use Sepulveda on kickoffs

BlitzburghRockCity
08-07-2010, 02:35 AM
He was booming kickoffs at Latrobe last night like crazy; it's high time we start using that leg of his for more than just punts. Reed boomed a 60 yd FG straight down the center with room to spare tonight as well, but why in the world the kickoffs are always short is beyond me.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-07-2010, 03:04 AM
I agree and Tomlin should have let Sepulveda kick-off last year.......Reed is terrible at kicking off and one way to help a struggling kick coverage unit is by having a kicker with a leg to drive the ball deep for touch backs.......

roosterray
08-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Sounds like our new special teams coach knows what he's doing. If Reed won't be kicking off, he can't ask for a big payday. Danny should get the raise if he's doing more :) Maybe he'll Punt, and kick field goals. Has anyone ever done that?

nuclearchihuahuas
08-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I think Reed should only be used for FGs. I mentioned previously in the "Jeff Reed is unhappy about his contract" posting that I truly believe him (Reed) to be way overrated--his kickoffs have been less than spectacular lately --I would like to see Sepulveda punt and kickoff--he has got the leg to get the ball where we want it to go--Reed has the accuracy but not the depth :imho:

steelersbabex25
08-07-2010, 01:29 PM
We were all saying that last year. It was like one time out of ten that Reed got it into the end zone. If they've been trying out Sepulveda and he's doing well, I don't see any reason not to use him.

DanRooney
08-07-2010, 03:41 PM
More here

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=9740

Daniel Sepulveda to boot Jeff Reed off the kickoff team?
By Dagger, on August 7th, 2010

Just about all of us want Jeff Reed to be replaced on kickoffs. Reed’s struggles have been well documented on this site and hearing that Sepulveda put up a solid showing under the lights on Friday night makes us smile. Allow us to jump to conclusions using the smallest sample size you’ve ever seen:

Daniel Sepulveda kicked off 4 times last night. His hangtimes were 4.07, 3.93, 3.87, and 3.70. One of his kicks went 2 yards deep into the endzone and another went 8 yards deep into the endzone. We didn’t get word how far the other 2 kicks traveled but if you assume those 2 kicks went the league average (65 yards) Sepulveda’s 4 kick average would put him among the top 5 kickers in the league in terms of average kickoff distance. I know, I know…the sample size is incredibly small but Reed is the worst kickoff guy in the NFL. If Sepulveda can provide the team with ANY kind of improvement then he needs to be “the guy”.

We’ll follow his kicks this preseason and project season-long totals/rankings for him. We ran a similar test for Stefan Logan during last preseason and actually came very close to nailing his regular season output.

--- Added 8/7/2010 at 01:41 PM ---

Let Sepulveda be the kickoff guy, field goal kicker and punter and keep Stefan Logan on the roster.

Stairwayto7
08-07-2010, 05:11 PM
This should be titled It's time to use Sepulveda on kickoffs, give him a full face mask, and let him help tackle someone

steelers4life66
08-07-2010, 06:52 PM
He was booming kickoffs at Latrobe last night like crazy; it's high time we start using that leg of his for more than just punts. Reed boomed a 60 yd FG straight down the center with room to spare tonight as well, but why in the world the kickoffs are always short is beyond me.

I've been thinking the same thing TG. Every time Reed kicks off and that ball a lands on the 10-15 yard line it makes me sick. I'm sure Sepulveda would do a better job tackling also.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-07-2010, 07:18 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out how a guy who can boot a 60 yd FG with now problem and who can kick FG's in one of the toughest places in the NFL consistently, can't ever get it into the endzone. Im no kicker so I can't profess to know everything but it seems to be if you've got the leg to precisely boot a 60 yd FG right now the middle that you should be able to blast it into the endzone on a kickoff with nobody in your face. :dunno:

KSSteelerfan
08-08-2010, 02:16 AM
For the life of me I can't figure out how a guy who can boot a 60 yd FG with now problem and who can kick FG's in one of the toughest places in the NFL consistently, can't ever get it into the endzone. Im no kicker so I can't profess to know everything but it seems to be if you've got the leg to precisely boot a 60 yd FG right now the middle that you should be able to blast it into the endzone on a kickoff with nobody in your face. :dunno:

Logically you would think that this ability to kick the 60 yarder thru the up rights would translate over to kick offs.....it's an enigma I tell yinz....:yesnod:

HUNT4SEVEN
08-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Daniel Sepulveda kicked off 4 times last night. His hangtimes were 4.07, 3.93, 3.87, and 3.70. One of his kicks went 2 yards deep into the endzone and another went 8 yards deep into the endzone. We didn’t get word how far the other 2 kicks traveled but if you assume those 2 kicks went the league average (65 yards) Sepulveda’s 4 kick average would put him among the top 5 kickers in the league in terms of average kickoff distance. I know, I know…the sample size is incredibly small but Reed is the worst kickoff guy in the NFL. If Sepulveda can provide the team with ANY kind of improvement then he needs to be “the guy”. With stats like these we would be crazy not to have D-Sep doing the kickoffs comes September 12th...

TampaSteelGirl
08-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Personally I think we should do 1 of 2 things with Sep.....

1. Put him in as many different positions as possible QB, RB, TE for instance...so I can get a good look at him the entire game.....oooorrr

2. Have him just forget the game and come sit right beside me or on my lap if seats are limited at the Steeler bar and watch the game......I opt for this one..:yesnod:

Seriously...I do agree! He needs to be kicking off!!

KSSteelerfan
08-09-2010, 02:37 PM

1. Put him in as many different positions as possible QB, RB, TE for instance...so I can get a good look at him the entire game.....oooorrr

2. Have him just forget the game and come sit right beside me or on my lap if seats are limited at the Steeler bar and watch the game......I opt for this one..:yesnod:

Someone has a serious crush on a certain Steelers player......:lol:

LatrobePA
08-09-2010, 02:57 PM

Two words: Cold shower! lol:banana:

TampaSteelGirl
08-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey guys I got to put my hands on him.....you'd have a man crush too!!

LatrobePA
08-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Hey guys I got to put my hands on him.....you'd have a man crush too!!

uhhh no...Maybe his mom, I heard she's a real MILF!

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
uhhh no...Maybe his mom, I heard she's a real MILF!

Maybe we can double date!!!!! :yellowthumb:

"Can I get a fist pump!!!"

lloydfan4life
08-10-2010, 01:57 PM

:duh: why does this response not surprise me one bit? :lol:

Tampa was :drool: all over him. He needed to get a towel to dry off after she had her arm around him. :evilshake:

LatrobePA
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Maybe we can double date!!!!! :yellowthumb:

"Can I get a fist pump!!!"

:crossfingers::clap::yellowthumb::cope:

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2010, 03:19 PM
:duh: why does this response not surprise me one bit? :lol:

Tampa was :drool: all over him. He needed to get a towel to dry off after she had her arm around him. :evilshake:

:yesnod:

:drool: X 1,000,000.......................:drool:

--- Added 8/10/2010 at 01:19 PM ---

:crossfingers::clap::yellowthumb::cope:

But how will we make this happen?????? :grin1:

LatrobePA
08-10-2010, 03:27 PM
:yesnod:

:drool: X 1,000,000.......................:drool:

--- Added 8/10/2010 at 01:19 PM ---

But how will we make this happen?????? :grin1:

LOL, i'll send the wife packing...That's the first step! Oh Stifler's Mom!!

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2010, 04:33 PM
LOL, i'll send the wife packing...That's the first step! Oh Stifler's Mom!!

OMG Stiffler's mom!! :rofl:

I mean I had Sep right there in my face and I didn't say "yunt to?" I mean what's my problem???????????????????

LatrobePA
08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
OMG Stiffler's mom!! :rofl:

I mean I had Sep right there in my face and I didn't say "yunt to?" I mean what's my problem???????????????????

D-whipped will do that to you! Take the ring off and woMAN up!!

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2010, 04:41 PM
D-whipped will do that to you! Take the ring off and woMAN up!!

I am not!!! :nono:
I was a bit star stuck...you should have been there so you could have helped mehave a major word vomit....i.e. (Hey Sep..I like your bod oooorr Sep you wanna come back to my hotel and play poker....Or perhaps Hey Sep do you wanna @*&*%$*& then **$#@#$&* **in a kenny muffle** :jawdrop:

Thanks for nothing!!!! :grin1:

LatrobePA
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
I am not!!! :nono:
I was a bit star stuck...you should have been there so you could have helped mehave a major word vomit....i.e. (Hey Sep..I like your bod oooorr Sep you wanna come back to my hotel and play poker....Or perhaps Hey Sep do you wanna @*&*%$*& then **$#@#$&* **in a kenny muffle** :jawdrop:

Thanks for nothing!!!! :grin1:

There you go!