PDA

View Full Version : Goodell is a RAT fan!

igor0190
08-06-2010, 01:55 AM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/08/goodells_ties_to_baltimore_run_deep.html

August 4, 2010
Goodell's ties to Baltimore run deep
So much for the theory that Baltimore is disrespected in NFL circles. And so much for the notion the Ravens get short shrift.

Affirming a strong, long relationship with Baltimore, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said on Wednesday that he grew up a fan of the Baltimore Colts and Orioles, that he went to Memorial Stadium at least 10 times during his childhood growing up in the Washington area.

"So, I understand the passion this area has for football, obviously for the Colts, and now for their Ravens," Goodell said during a training camp visit. "I think they continually demonstrate that. You can see the crowd out here today. They just love their football."

Goodell also said he had great respect for Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, president Dick Cass and general manager Ozzie Newsome.

"They all work very closely with us on league committees and league issues," Goodell said. "I admire them, respect them -- like them very much -- and I think this community is fortunate to have them. And the NFL is fortunate to have them, too."

Unlike his predecessor, Paul Tagliabue, Goodell has been to Baltimore on many occasions, including several games. He came in 2008 when the Ravens celebrated the 50-year anniversary of the Baltimore Colts' 1958 championship.

"We were playing on Sunday, so he came down on Saturday expressly to go to that celebration," Cass said. "He came down to pay his respects to the Baltimore Colts."

Cass scoffs at the notion that Baltimore lacks respect at league headquarters on Park Avenue in New York.

"Baltimore is a very respected franchise," Cass said. "I think people at the league office probably laugh a little bit when they see articles in the Baltimore Sun or fans writing in that we get no respect, because I just don't think that's the case at all. I don't think anyone in the league office would say that, either."

HMMMM.... 6 games? 4 games?

KSSteelerfan
08-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Some how this doesn't surprise me.......:rant2:

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Sigh...

steelersbabex25
08-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Well that explains a lot.

HUNT4SEVEN
08-06-2010, 03:08 PM
So i guess Ben will have to serve that 4 game suspension for real now...

Dean Denton
08-06-2010, 07:02 PM
I wonder if he was there when Holmes caught that goal line TD pass from Ben a couple years ago. If so, are you shocked he didn't try to get it over turned? Him being a fan of the Ravens has not made them any better, so who cares. But when he does stuff that makes ya made take pleasure in a Ravens loss because it hurts him. Wouldn't it be in his best interest to keep Ben on the bench six weeks then?

steelerschick1220
08-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Hmmmm. Well its nice to now why ben got such a hefty suspension.

beaver688
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey he has to be a fan of one team or another we all are no biggy,he'll have to watch his p's and q's between the two teams more or he may get caught.

Scorp
09-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Goodell sucks.