PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Documentary: Gridiron & Steel - 8/6 @ 8:30pm

Cricker24
08-05-2010, 07:25 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that there's a show on the Documentary Channel (channel 267 for DirecTV users) called, "Gridiron & Steel." It's the first of 4 documentaries about football in America. Each episode will premiere every Friday in August at 8:30pm.

Here's a description of the show from their official press release:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. --- Documentary Channel® (DOC) scores an early start on the fall's football frenzy, presenting four football-oriented documentaries each Friday night in August during primetime. Former NFL stars, coaches, owners, broadcasters and high-powered agents are among those showcased in stories about the Pittsburgh Steelers, the high school gridiron, preparing for the NFL scouting combines and fantasy football. Kickoff times for the football films are scheduled for Fridays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, immediately following the network's 30-minute original series, "DocTalk."

The "Football Fridays" lineup begins with the network premiere of "Gridiron & Steel" on Aug. 6, featuring former Pittsburgh Steeler greats Mel Blount, Franco Harris and Jack Ham, as well as Steelers owner Dan Rooney, former Super Bowl champion Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka and Miami Dolphin great Dan Marino, among others. The lineup also includes the network premiere of "Year of the Bull" on Aug. 13, "Two Days in April" on Aug. 20 and the U.S. television premiere of "10 Yards: Fantasy Football" on Aug. 27.

"We're looking forward to presenting 'Football Fridays' in August and giving our viewers and football enthusiasts an even greater insight into the sport about which Americans are arguably the most passionate," says James Ackerman, president and CEO of Documentary Channel. "Our four football documentaries cover a variety of intriguing football topics."

I already have my DVR set. I just wanted to share this since it sounds interesting. Enjoy!!

Chris :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2010, 09:31 PM
thanks for the heads up dude; I don't have that channel so let us know how it was!

nuclearchihuahuas
08-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Cool! Thanks for the heads up!

KSSteelerfan
08-06-2010, 02:00 AM
thanks for the heads up dude; I don't have that channel so let us know how it was!

:plus1:

Layin the wood
08-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I just got DirecTV so thanks for the info!!

HUNT4SEVEN
08-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Yo i'm there thanks for the heads up...

75Steeler
08-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Sweet thanks for the heads up. We will be watching.