PDA

View Full Version : Member spotlight: BLKNGLDSCORPIO

steelersgal86
08-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:

BLKNGLDSCORPIO

How long have you been a Steeler fan? Since 1981. It was the first time i ever heard of the Steelers. My Uncle John was taking a picture of me, my 2 brothers and cousin in my Grandma's backyard. Instead of saying cheese he said say Steelers #1. We held up the number one finger and snap. That's where it all began. I will share that pic with you all soon.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? It's a family thing sort of. Not everyone in the family is a Steeler fan. There are Bears, Dolphins, Raiders, Cryboys and one Chickenhawks fan. Turrible, just turrible. I like to tease my cousin about the Chickenhawks and how he has some Black & Gold in him cause Harris played for them one season. Isn't it true?

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Troy Polamalu

Why are they your favorite player? He plays with such passion and leaves it all on the field. I really like how he reads other qb's eyes and stick to his man and never gives up on any play. For being a quiet guy he makes funny commercials too.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? The entire Steel Curtain. We will never see football like that again. I would get circumcised sober if RG would let football be fooball again.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? It would have to be Steelers v Colts AFC championship. Had me on the edge of my seat. I'll never forget that day.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Braves Baseball. I played on the Braves little league team in 85 and have been a fan ever since. I'll share that pic with you soon. They also won the World Series on my birthday in 95. Awesome. Too bad Bobby is leaving after this season.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I was looking for wallpaper and ALWAYS got SA as one of the results. So i decided to join and have been glad i did ever since.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? A funny, crazy, close family. Always there for eachother and very caring. You guys are the best and i'm so glad to be part of you and the site. Don't ever change.

What do you do for a living? Unfortunately Scorp got laid off. It has its benefits however. Meaning i got to really bond and get close to my son while my wife was finishing up the LVN program. I took him to school and put in hours with him and his rugrat classmates. It was a lot of fun. I recently enrolled to finish my Criminal Justice Program. Got a long road ahead of me. But Scorp can't wait to go back to work.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I'm very quiet and funny. Most people trip out on me.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? For always being there when people need a listening ear or a shoulder or advise. I always make people laugh when they're feeling down. Like you guys do.

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Saturn & Aveo

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Not one thing

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? Family, cooking, and sports

Favorite TV show(s)? Cold Case, King of the Hill

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? I'm old school so i'm going to say nintendo and super nes. Playstation as well when it first came out. I always pretty much played football, baseball and sword fighting games.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? Sometimes both. If i bbq they watch.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Order in or bbq. Put on the Steeler shirt and cap and grab my Terrible Towel.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? Beer, soda or lemonade

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? Do all the one's i watched on tv count? It was only beacuse the games were sold out. :grin1: ok, ok. 0. I am so ashamed. Next question.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? When i get there it will be Heinz Field.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? It wouldn't be fair to pick Immaculate Reception because i was not born yet and did not witness it. But i give Franco tons of props and love. I will never forget Immaculate Drive. That just showed the whole sports world and every fan of sports what a championship team is made of.

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? I sure hope it's this season

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? Staying healthy, heart, will, determination, faith, don't give opponents gift points and kicking ***.

Thanks for choosing me it was a lot of fun. You guys stay cool forever. :yellowthumb:

steelersgal86
08-03-2010, 09:56 AM
:waiting: on the picture...I was really shocked to here you are quiet...never in a million years would I of thought that....

Very nice interview...thanks for taking the time..:cope:

KSSteelerfan
08-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Good reading right there.....:yellowthumb:

ejsteeler
08-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. :yellowthumb:

lloydfan4life
08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
.... and not ONE single reference to anything naked. :duh:
I'm shocked, Scorp! :rofl:

You definitely have a way with words, my friend! I mean seriously... you'd get "circumcised sober" ??? :eek1: :lol:

Thanks for doing the interview, Bro! It's nice to learn a little more about you! :clap:

75Steeler
08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Good interview Scorp! :cope:

steelersbabex25
08-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Good read. Thanks for sharing Scorp :yellowthumb:

PsychoWard
08-04-2010, 10:37 AM
very nice read scorp!!!:clap:

Sir Blitzelot
08-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Nice interview Scorp :yellowthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
08-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Wait....hold the phone.....You're quiet???? I don't believe that Scorp!!! :greengrin:

Great interview! Good Luck with school and you gotta get to a game!!

pittman72
08-14-2010, 05:21 AM
I been a steeler fan since 1972 I lived in LA I was a RAM fan at that time my dad was a season holder for RAMS we went to a rams and steeler game and I told my dad if the steeler win then I will become a steeler Fan so they did win and after the game my dad ask for my cap amd other thing I had throw them way I cryed he want down ways and stop at the booth and he bought me a cap of he steeler and said to me be a man and keep your word now you are a steeler fan that why I use pittman72.

Scorp
09-10-2010, 11:10 AM
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/wildscorpio76/Steelers1May311981.jpg

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/wildscorpio76/1985Braves-2.jpg

Well, here are the pictures. Hope they don't come out to big. Thanks everybody for all the comments and everything else. Scorp is appreciates it all. Since i have been away lots of things have been going on. First i just want to say thank you very much for all the prayers for my grandma. They really helped. She is doing better and lived to her 93rd or 94th bday. Got to check which one it is. 2nd, my wife and i were expecting but she miscarried and that put my vasectomy on hold a bit longer. People were saying for me not to be shelfish and try for another, but i'm still not so sure it will happen. What do you guys think? It really bothers my wife. I really think she wants another. Just want to say thank you again for everything. You guys are truly the best. :yellowthumb: :cope:

--- Added 9/10/2010 at 09:10 AM ---

Oh yeah, forgot to mention i got a part time job as a care provider. I won't get to see the morning Steeler games but oh well.