PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe we sold out (logo's on practice jerseys)

SteelDad
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when the Steelers would start putting sponsors on practice jerseys. I know it's the 21st century and all, but I never dreamed we'd go that route. I feel cheap. What's next? A logo on the other side of our helmet?

K Train
08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
why do you feel cheap? lol realllllllly not a big deal

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
The Rooney's are making a lot of money from Comcast to put that logo on their jersey's. Lest we forget, the NFL is a business at the end of the day and if the Rooney's can make some money by putting a corporate logo on practice jersey's then I don't really mind too much personally.

I wouldn't like it on the gameday jersey's though and I don't think the Rooney's will ever go for that, they are too steeped in tradition to mess with the uniforms that much.

LarryNJ
08-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Sweet! The next step will be cheerleaders! :yesnod:

SteelCityKid5
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Hell seriously froze over on this one.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2010, 10:03 PM

Ive always wondered if the "steelerettes" would ever make a comeback :lol:

steelersbabex25
08-02-2010, 10:18 PM

Next step a cheesy mascot that totally degrades Steeler fans everywhere. Wait..

UKSTEELER
08-03-2010, 06:17 AM
We already have advertising on our game jersey's, . . . the reebok logo!:thinking:

steelersbabex25
08-03-2010, 07:38 AM
We already have advertising on our game jersey's, . . . the reebok logo!:thinking:

That's the NFL.

lloydfan4life
08-03-2010, 08:11 AM

Larry, Larry, Larry..... :evilshake:

The Steelers already have the best Cheerleaders in the league. :greengrin:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200709/20070916pd2testfans_500.jpg

--- Added 8/3/2010 at 07:11 AM ---

:rofl: :yellowthumb:

coldrolled
08-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Seriously, the rooneys cant print money like our government... its illegal.

So they have to generate capital like a business.

The players are paid generational salaries now days. its actually kinda lame. $100 mill
$50 mill $60 mill. its crazy..

In reality --- Companies with 50 employees have a hard time making 2-3 mill in profits a year. Then the owners have to handle all the people, jobs, sales, marketing, hiring, firing, taxes, insurances.

then you have haynesworth. some ungodly amount of money, he dont want to play...

:willybs:

Stairwayto7
08-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Ive always wondered if the "steelerettes" would ever make a comeback :lol:

Maybe I could start them up with the Gaga outfit

steelersgal86
08-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Maybe I could start them up with the Gaga outfit

You have been wearing it so much lately that it is starting to wear out...you are gonna need a new one

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2010, 08:39 AM

That's the NFL.

Correct; the company the supplies that particular team with their jersey's can put the logo on it. Same with the shoes the players wear...although many times they are so taped up you can't see any logo's anyways..LOL

ejsteeler
08-03-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't see the big deal. In this economy we need to do everything we can to stay competitive. We are already a low income market. Every little bit helps. I could care less if they did it on the game day uniform as long as they don't mess with our logo and colors. :dunno:

UKSTEELER
08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Correct; the company the supplies that particular team with their jersey's can put the logo on it. Same with the shoes the players wear...although many times they are so taped up you can't see any logo's anyways..LOL

I'm aware of this, just pointing out the less than obvious.

If i'm correct the jersey's were once made by a number of teams, be it Champion, Rawlings, Wilson whoever and they at first never used to have their logo on, Starter was one of the first I recall seeing to introduce their logo onto the sleeves.

Of course nowadays the NFL sell the rights to produce the kit to one company, I've no real problem with that, and the odd shoulder logo doesn't hardly make an impact on the overall look.

It's a shame it's on the third kit though, as throwbacks they should be just that, look as near as damnit like the originals! :cope:

Layin the wood
08-03-2010, 09:50 AM
I'd like to see them put a picture of Ochostinko on their John Q Hindparts!!!

Blazedby92
08-03-2010, 10:31 AM
It's a business people who cares what they wear as long as the SB patch is on their uniforms at the end of the season

Zachintosh66
08-03-2010, 10:38 AM
not a big deal... this is a biz and you got get every dime you can before they lock out next year

KSSteelerfan
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM

:hilarious: :grin1:

SteelDad
08-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty confident we all realize we are dealing with a business here, it's just that anytime we start doing things other teams have been doing I get nervous. I love the fact we continue to leave our uniform alone (exception being the numerals but that's another rant), we don't mess with other traditions, we don't charge people to come to training camp, etc. We have always been the 'anti-cowboys' whose training camp looks more like a Nascar garage than a practice field. As a traditionalist, I understand capitalism, but I also appreciate leaving things be.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I hear ya man, I'm glad the Rooney's are how they are with this team. They adjust to the times to keep up and be competitive but not at the expense of tradition and what that means to a team and city like Pittsburgh.

The practice jersey's don't bother me, again as long as they don't mess with the uniforms or turn Heinz into a circus I'm pretty cool with it all.

blackngold29
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
They don't exactly look like NACAR cars yet. One patch isn't all that big a deal. More would look stupid though.

Practice only too.

TampaSteelGirl
08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is here.... :dunno:

SteelDad
08-03-2010, 07:43 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is here.... :dunno:

Believe me, this isn't the Cuban Missile Crisis here, but as I said, I always get concerned everytime we start doing things that other teams have been doing just for the sake of money. I realize fully in this economic climate we do anything we can to make a buck. I'm simply concerned about tradition.

Dean Denton
08-04-2010, 03:44 AM
hahahaha, I could think of other things to bitch about when it comes to this team making bad choices and for some reason logo's don't factor in....lol

LarryNJ
08-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Larry, Larry, Larry..... :evilshake:

The Steelers already have the best Cheerleaders in the league. :greengrin:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200709/20070916pd2testfans_500.jpg

--- Added 8/3/2010 at 07:11 AM ---

:rofl: :yellowthumb:

This is true but the calendar sales are way down. Maybe they need to paint a Comcast logo across the chest. :)

Zachintosh66
08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm simply concerned about tradition.

This statement rubs me the wrong way, I see too many Steeler fans "concered about tradition." Too many of us live in the past of our first 4 super bowls and the steel curtain. We will prolly never see the 4 titles in six years again with free agency. Granted i know we were the the first team to do so and it was arguably the best defense ever but all that was 30+ years ago. To refer to todays steelers as the steel curtain or even blitzburgh (15 years ago) makes me cringe, and i personally find it disrespectful to our modern Steelers. Im sure ill take some heat over this especially from the older cats but...

Respect the past but live in the present.

K Train
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
i get all fired up when you talk like that

TampaSteelGirl
08-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Believe me, this isn't the Cuban Missile Crisis here, but as I said, I always get concerned everytime we start doing things that other teams have been doing just for the sake of money. I realize fully in this economic climate we do anything we can to make a buck. I'm simply concerned about tradition.

some things have to change...it can't be like it was in the 70's....people gotta accept change and the fact that getting players is gonna cost us. Everyone needs help and the Steelers are no exception. I love how mole holes become mountains these days....

LatrobePA
08-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Isn't it mole hill not hole? I have moles bad this year, little bastards!

hahahaha

TampaSteelGirl
08-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Isn't it mole hill not hole? I have moles bad this year, little bastards!

hahahaha

Why yes it is.....I"m in need of a serious amount of :beer1:

thanks for clearing that up! Ohh are you going to camp friday night?

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-04-2010, 12:06 PM
why is this important?

TampaSteelGirl
08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
why is this important?

what?

LatrobePA
08-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Why yes it is.....I"m in need of a serious amount of :beer1:

thanks for clearing that up! Ohh are you going to camp friday night?

No, I'm making plans for the week after...

TampaSteelGirl
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
No, I'm making plans for the week after...

Awww you party pooper!!! :grin1:

1085_WEST_THIRD_ST
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE DOLLAR. GET THEM WHERE YA CAN!

KSSteelerfan
08-05-2010, 02:33 AM
:markit::+1::gal:

xxxsteelernation
08-06-2010, 10:27 PM
What is xfiinity anyhow? I remeber going to the regional enterprise tower dowtown and saw a display down there for it? but was really too busy to stop and see what it was about