PDA

View Full Version : Judge dismisses charges against Steelers' Holmes

AZ_Steeler
12-04-2006, 04:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2685964&campaign=rsssrch&source=pittsburgh+steelers)

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A judge dismissed misdemeanor charges of domestic violence and assault filed against Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes.

Prosecutors requested the dismissal after concerns about evidence and because Holmes had received anger management and domestic violence counseling through the NFL, city prosecutor Stephen McIntosh said Monday.

Holmes had been charged with assaulting LaShae Boone, mother of one of his three children, in June. Boone no longer wanted to go forward with the case, and another witness identified on the police report did not pan out, McIntosh said.

A trial had been set to begin Monday in Franklin County Municipal Court.

"It was a fair resolution given the evidence in the prosecutor's possession and given Mr. Holmes' efforts," said his lawyer, Sam Shamansky.

Holmes led Ohio State in receiving last season with 53 catches for 977 yards and 11 touchdowns. He was a first-round draft pick by the Steelers in April.
:bigthumb:

Koopa
12-04-2006, 04:22 PM
he didn't do anything anyway so good.......it's funny everytime a dude gets money they all of sudden start beating they chicks......damn gold digging whores lol........

House of Steel
12-04-2006, 09:37 PM
AMEN KOOPA!!! WAY TO SAY IT!!! :clap:

Steelerlyn
12-04-2006, 09:47 PM
one word TRASH covers it all, him included.

Koopa
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
one word TRASH covers it all, him included.

why is that??? he ain't done **** wrong.......sure he's lost 2 fumbles but everyone on this team lost fumbles.....he makes big catches after big catches....and you call him trash??? all i can do is :smh2: at you lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2006, 10:18 PM
There's no proof that he beat the woman in question..he did what he was supposed to do so Im glad he was exonerated. I hope he puts all this stuff behind him this coming offseason and focuses on becoming the starter beside Ward.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
The only people that know truely what happened are the people that were involved. So I can't say for sure that Santonio beat his babies mama or if the woman indeed lied. In my opinion some pushing to the ground might have happened. But hey who's to say Santonio saw something that was harming his child. When kids are involved there is always alot of emotion. I just hope Santonio avoids situations like this in the future.

I remember a few years back a woman accused Jerome Bettis of sexual assault. Which was proven she lied about the Bus. So the women could have indeed lied this time against Santonio.

Koopa
12-04-2006, 10:45 PM
of course the bitch lied....it's funny he never has a problem with the law and then he gets money in the bank and bam!! all of a sudden he's getting arrested in miami, and then getting accused by a whore of beating her.......bitches roll like that for some reason, they see money and they start acting all weird lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
of course the bitch lied....it's funny he never has a problem with the law and then he gets money in the bank and bam!! all of a sudden he's getting arrested in miami, and then getting accused by a whore of beating her.......bitches roll like that for some reason, they see money and they start acting all weird lol

Koop I'm not saying your wrong. Just saying the only people that truely know where the people involved. Really I thought to much being made of Santonio's arrests this past summer. Pro sports is a business so if Holmes helps the Steelers win games I could care less what kind of person he is. Not saying he is a bad person. Hell I don't know the guy. I just hope he avoids being arrested. You can't help the Steelers win games when being behind bars.lol