PDA

View Full Version : Sports Nation 8/2/2010

Dee Mca
08-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Anyone watch "Sports Nation" this evening on ESPN?
I know we are over all the Big Ben threads but I got to get this off my chest.
The female announcer was Bashing Ben. Because true fans are at camp glad that he is still with us and cheering him on. I still stand by my original thought of No charges filed, no crime was committed. I do not see ESPN bashing Vince Young and he was video tapped breaking the law. I do not see ESPN bashing Donte Stallworth and he elected to DRIVE DRUNK and run a man down. Ok so the guy did cross road where he should not have. However one of the first things you learn to do when learning to drive is always be aware of everything and everyone. So I decided to email ESPN Here's what I sent:

"I am sickened by the continued comments by ESPN's Announcers against Ben Roethlisburger. Your announcers need to learn how to report the NEWS or they should go work for a TRASH RAG like the enquirer. The man was NEVER formally charged with a crime. So they should keep their side comments to themselves and just report the news. This is part of the reason I refuse to watch ESPN. Half of your announcers can not do their jobs. Stop hiring the pretty faces and hire some real reporters."

steelersbabex25
08-02-2010, 07:35 PM
"I am sickened by the continued comments by ESPN's Announcers against Ben Roethlisburger. Your announcers need to learn how to report the NEWS or they should go work for a TRASH RAG like the enquirer. The man was NEVER formally charged with a crime. So they should keep their side comments to themselves and just report the news. This is part of the reason I refuse to watch ESPN. Half of your announcers can not do their jobs. Stop hiring the pretty faces and hire some real reporters."

:plus1: Agreed.

nuclearchihuahuas
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Anyone watch "Sports Nation" this evening on ESPN?
I know we are over all the Big Ben threads but I got to get this off my chest.
The female announcer was Bashing Ben. Because true fans are at camp glad that he is still with us and cheering him on. I still stand by my original thought of No charges filed, no crime was committed. I do not see ESPN bashing Vince Young and he was video tapped breaking the law. I do not see ESPN bashing Donte Stallworth and he elected to DRIVE DRUNK and run a man down. Ok so the guy did cross road where he should not have. However one of the first things you learn to do when learning to drive is always be aware of everything and everyone. So I decided to email ESPN Here's what I sent:

Agreed! I think there has been enough Ben Bashing...its not necessary to grind a heel into him ... and I also agree that VY got zero punishment and was on tape...the incredible double standard being exhibited by the commish is truly deflating...ben has paid big time for his perceived actions...its enough. The tv folks do not need to add anything more.

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Agreed 100%

Prosdo
08-02-2010, 09:04 PM
While I love Ben as a player you can't blame people for thinking he is an ***. Because quite frankly that is how he has acted. He acted immature and stupid. Until some time has passed and he cleans up his act thats the reaction he is going to get. Like I said Ben has been an electric player and I would want no one else in when the game is on the line, but his actions have consequences and this is one of them.

HUNT4SEVEN
08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
While I love Ben as a player you can't blame people for thinking he is an ***. Because quite frankly that is how he has acted. He acted immature and stupid. Until some time has passed and he cleans up his act thats the reaction he is going to get. Like I said Ben has been an electric player and I would want no one else in when the game is on the line, but his actions have consequences and this is one of them.

:clap::clap: Thank u well said...

SteelCityKid5
08-02-2010, 09:44 PM
You really gives 2 shits what Michelle Beadle thinks about? Wow this is pathetic. They have the right to say anything they want as much as anyone on here. The premise of Sportsnation is to dispute topics in sports and ask the nation what they think. Therefore, they will share there own opinions on the matter. So that kinda cancels out the whole "report news" aspect of you're email.

Note: people behind the desk reporting the news are known as anchors not announcers

steelersbabex25
08-02-2010, 10:21 PM

I can completely understand both sides, but I think what happens in the offseason should be left there once the season starts. If he does something stupid during the season that would be a different story.

Dee Mca
08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
anchors or announcers. I don't really care what she goes by it wasn't a show about her opinion. It was "Sports Nation" if she was going to give her opinion why not of the Steeler fans that was there cheering Ben on? We couldn't have that wouldn't make for good tv now would it? Reason why I seldom watch ESPN.

Note:
A news presenter (also known as announcer, newsreader, newscaster, anchorman or anchorwoman, news anchor or simply anchor) is a person who presents a news story on television or radio or the internet.

SteelCityKid5
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Sportsnation is about Michelle Beadle's opinion, Colin Cowherd's opinion and the nations opinion, that's how the shows set up. But then again, you seldom watch ESPN. So why comment on something you don't watch? And the rest of you're argument doesn't even make sense. Thanks for the webster dictionary term, everyone calls them anchors.

blackngold29
08-03-2010, 01:11 AM
That has got to be one of the worst shows on ESPN... or sports television in general.

That being said, I'm not certain they are "reporters." That being said, you are right that they shouldn't be saying stuff about Ben when they never charged him with anything.

Layin the wood
08-03-2010, 08:56 AM
ESPN should stick to what they know best: Yankees,Redsox and Tiger Woods. Who cares about what Colin Cowturd thinks anyway. He has no clue about sports thats why i dont watch or listen to his dumb#ss!!

Zachintosh66
08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Sportsnation is about Michelle Beadle's opinion, Colin Cowherd's opinion and the nations opinion, that's how the shows set up. But then again, you seldom watch ESPN. So why comment on something you don't watch? And the rest of you're argument doesn't even make sense. Thanks for the webster dictionary term, everyone calls them anchors.

agreed 100% not a big deal, just fuels the fire when ben tears aparts the league in about 2 months...

with that being said,
Michelle Beadle id hit it...