PDA

View Full Version : Have no fear, Ben: Steelers fans still love you

Big T
07-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Have no fear, Ben: Steelers fans still love you
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 31, 2010 3:52 PM ET

Ben Roethlisberger admitted on Friday to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the quarterback "got scared" on his drive to training camp, wondering how Steelers fans would greet him.

"I guess that is what makes you human, if you are scared, and that is what my dad told me," Roethlisberger said.

It turns out he didn't need to worry. **

Roethlisberger was greeted by "huge cheers" as he walked to practice on Saturday.* "People went bananas as he walked to practice. No dissent among these fans," Judy Battista of the New York Times wrote on Twitter.* "Women were screaming for him just like the men."

The audience at the first day of training camp includes the most diehard, loyal Steelers fans possible.* But we do think the warm reception will be a sign of things to come in Pittsburgh.*

No matter what Steelers fans felt in April, soon there will be games to win.* Roethlisberger is one of their own.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/31/have-no-fear-ben-steelers-fans-still-love-you/

BlitzburghRockCity
07-31-2010, 06:22 PM
This is great to see, fans coming out to camp and cheering for all the players. Its great to see Ben back out with the team. Been a long time comin.

SteelCityKid5
07-31-2010, 06:53 PM
I've always loved what Ben did...on the field.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-31-2010, 08:00 PM
theres a pretty lengthy interview with ben on steelers.com where he fielded these kinda questions... he looks and sounds like a new/grown man!!!! GREAT to hear... but more importantly the ENTIRE team is behind him!!!

steelersbabex25
07-31-2010, 11:22 PM
That's the difference between Steeler fans and other fans. At the end of the day, all we really want from you is to win games. You won't be booed for something you may or may not have done 2 months ago.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-01-2010, 01:54 AM
That's the difference between Steeler fans and other fans. At the end of the day, all we really want from you is to win games. You won't be booed for something you may or may not have done 2 months ago.

Yep that's how it should be, the past is in the past and Ben is here with the support of his teammates and coaches. I look for Ben to and the Steelers to continue to rally around each other and for this to be a very productive camp and preseason for everyone. They all know he'll be gone for atleast the first 4 games so the more work they can get in the better and when it's time for the season to start they'll rally around Lefty or Dixon and then welcome Ben back when it's time.

KSSteelerfan
08-01-2010, 02:28 AM
This exactly what Ben needs right now. I was glad to read that the Steeler faithful cheered him as he came onto the practice field. :yellowthumb: :tt02:

Dean Denton
08-01-2010, 05:07 AM
Yeah, well see. Dont be so quick to remove the past because Ben has shown us through his actions that the future comes with tons of doubt and his fans crossing fingers that he keeps his head out of his ***. I'm just glad no one poured pigs blood on him....:)

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Just glad to see that the whole media thing really backfired on this..they took Ben's situation and blew it up when there wasn't much else going on..Ben needed a wake up call..but Steeler nation still has his back and I hope he comes back guns blazin.

75Steeler
08-01-2010, 12:59 PM
The Post Gazette is reporting that Hines walked out on to the practice field with Ben and the fans cheered Ben. I'm glad Hines had Ben's back for what could have been a less than warm reception by the fans. Once this suspension is laid to rest we can all get back to the business of Steelers football and winning games. Maybe even another Super Bowl.

ejsteeler
08-01-2010, 09:18 PM
As it should be. Great job Steelers Nation and welcome back team! Let's slam dunk this year and put all the doubters to shame! :cope: