PDA

View Full Version : LenDale White in a Fight

Koopa
08-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Titans rookie White brawls with teammate at practice
Associated Press

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- Rookie running back LenDale White got into a brawl Thursday morning with a teammate at the Tennessee Titans training camp.

The rookie out of Southern California, who fell to the 45th pick in the draft overall in April, started clashing with the defense on a running play. He was walking back toward the huddle when bumped.

White walked back, and safety Donnie Nickey pushed back at the rookie with his helmet. A recording by a television cameraman picked up linebacker Keith Bulluck yelling that White had spit in Nickey's face.

A few plays later, White couldn't catch an outlet pass from Matt Mauck when hit by rookie Cortland Finnegan.

Nickey ran upfield and shoved White in the back. White elbowed safety Vincent Fuller amid more pushing and shoving. Nickey threw at least one punch before a group of players were separated, and he walked off, took off his helmet and threw it on the ground.

That prompted an angry response from coach Jeff Fisher. Practice ended a few plays later, and Fisher called the team together on the field for a brief speech before letting them leave.

"It's hot out -- last day out here," Bulluck said. "We're just getting after it."

White, who dropped into the second round after questions about his weight and inability to run before the NFL draft because of a torn right hamstring, has been working behind Chris Brown and Travis Henry in the rotation at running back.

White walked by reporters as he left the practice saying: "No comment, no comment, no comment."

Nickey, a three-year veteran out of Ohio State, also declined to comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2545968

SteelCityMan786
08-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Lendale is another one of those guys who have potential to do well. It seems like he is throwing his carrier away to.

Koopa
08-10-2006, 09:52 PM
what??? no way is this one of those situations. practices do get heated every now and then. his career is far from being thrown away FAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR. he's the best back they have on that roster. he'll be fine.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2006, 10:36 PM
It's just training camp business as usual. The rookies are trying to make a name for themselves and live up to the bar they set in college. Plus Lendale is playing with a chip on his shoulder becuase of dropping down the list on draft day.

He'll be fine, its nothing new to see fights. It just shows they are competitive.

SteelCityMan786
08-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Well he has let his weight go as of late(Before the draft at least). That was considered very uncarachteristic of him.

Koopa
08-10-2006, 11:04 PM
he didn't really let it go, nothing you can do when you have a messed up hamstring.

Blitzburgh55
08-10-2006, 11:27 PM
At least he hasent got arrseted like all the bengals

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Not yet anyways :lol:

SteelCityMan786
08-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Not yet anyways :lol:

Send him an arrest warrant NOW. hahaha:hilarious:

Steelx
08-11-2006, 12:01 AM
this guy is making me raise my eye brow though

SteelCityMan786
08-11-2006, 12:02 AM
The only eye brow raising move in my opinion is the Steelers not drafting him. But they have their reasons.

Steelx
08-11-2006, 12:04 AM
yeah he was out of shape failed to work out in mini camps :shrug: I felt the same way. We will see how it pans out.

Steelersfan
08-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Sounds like the defensive rookies were trying to provoke him. I think he will have a decent pro career when it is all said and done.

shimmysteelerfan
08-11-2006, 11:37 PM
hes probably got a chip on his shoulder cause he got drafted by that ****** team.......

Forged in Steel
08-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Before the dragt I was wondering if the Steelers would take him with the retirement of Bettis but now I know why they didn't take him.

Forged in Steel
08-15-2006, 06:09 PM
I meant to put draft.