PDA

View Full Version : Adams signed

cmerrifield
07-29-2010, 05:44 PM
According to Steelerdepot.com, the Steelers signed Flo That is the best news I have heard this offseason.

mos07
07-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Seriously? This is good news. I hope it's accurate reporting. You just made my day.

Big T
07-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Steelers sign Flozell Adams
Thursday, July 29, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers came to contract terms with veteran tackle Flozell Adams this afternoon and he will arrive in training camp with them this weekend.

Adams, 35, is a former Pro Bowl left tackle with the Dallas Cowboys. The Steelers signed him in response to losing starting right tackle Willie Colon for the season with an Achilles tendon injury.

It's unsure whether the Steelers will use Adams on the left side or the right. Max Starks, their starting left tackle, started in 2005 and 2006 at right tackle for the Steelers.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10210/1076270-100.stm

This makes me so happy..

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Now we're talkin, there is hope for a solid offensive line in 2010 after all! This one came under the radar from what I heard. Since he originally visited and wanted that 4 million, everybody assumed it was a dead possibility. Props to the Steelers front office and Adams' agent for getting this done!

75Steeler
07-29-2010, 06:14 PM
This is great news. I actually thought he went to another team.

MattyVfromCT
07-29-2010, 06:22 PM
i am so stoked about this move. and i'm really interested to see how kugler's coaching can help this line out. zierlein was a stiff

Zachintosh66
07-29-2010, 06:42 PM
:towel:

DanRooney
07-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Kick *** now I don't have to worry about our OL. I'm liking the Kemoeatu, Pouncey and Adams combination to help the run game.

greg1964
07-29-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm glad it was a two year deal, as long as he plays RT: This will give the Steelers time to find a replacement, if they don't resign Colon

nuclearchihuahuas
07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::grin1:

I could just do a happy dance!!! :bunny::bunny::banana::banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Really I can't believe it and I'm glad they signed Adams.....Just put him at RT.........Starks is better at LT and even though he isn't great at LT but solid enough.....Adams can be a mauler at RT........

I hope Pouncey starts at center......A line of Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Foster, Adams would be solid.........

Cricker24
07-29-2010, 07:24 PM
so our tackles are 6'8" 345lbs. and 6'7" 338lbs.!! WOW!!!! that's some serious beef. perhaps our oline can be called the Steel Wall? very interesting move. only time will tell if it was a good move or not. personally, i think Adams is better than Essex. we shall see.

Chris :)

cmerrifield
07-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I hope they put him at RT. I think Starks could be an elite LT, he is just too inconsistent. It seems he does well against people like Jared Allen, but then doesnt prepare much when he is playing against a nobody DE and gives up 2 or 3 sacks.

Troyisabeast_43
07-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Signing Adams automatically improves the Steelers run game and should cut down on a lot of Ben sacks when he comes back. This offensive line this season could be the best the Steelers have had in years...Best move so far this off-season bringing in Adams aside from bringing McFadden back...

Iron City South
07-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Excellent signing .....

That's a massive mountain of meat in front of Ben Roeth and Mendenhall.

Zachintosh66
07-29-2010, 07:53 PM
I dont expect much more than Starks, Kemo, Hartwig, Pouncey, Adams

but imo id like to see pouncey go straight to center now that we got RT fixed... starks, kemo, pouncey, essex/foster, adams

we could save some cash by cutting hartwig or essex (whoever loses their battle) or perhaps deal someone for a draft pick?

ejsteeler
07-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Never could stand the guy. However, he is now a Steeler. Guess, I'll have to adjust, huh? 7th ring would appease me. :lol::cope:

Steel Trap86
07-29-2010, 08:12 PM
excellent news. loving the changes up front.

hoping pouncey immediately starts at center

Big T
07-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Next year:

Starks (or draft pick), Kemo, Pouncey, Colon, Adams

That's would be a mother f*cking bulldozing line...

greg1964
07-29-2010, 08:53 PM
could the line look like this:
LT: Starks, LG: Kemo, C Pouncey, RG: Foster, RT: Adams

with: T. Essex, J. Scott, Urbic, Legs, as backups

Sound like this could work:

LarryNJ
07-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Good deal! I never expected it.

SteelerEyeZ
07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
WOW!! Finally something that makes me happy. This week was all the TO CRAP SHOW...the line is def an upgrade

Real Deal Steel
07-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Well this really gives us a sigh of relief. We needed to add Adams. This will allow us to focus on really getting that running game back on track.

Blazedby92
07-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Can't stand the guy but if he does well and doesn't stomp on someones head I will deal with it. VERY SURPRISED though

HUNT4SEVEN
07-29-2010, 11:44 PM
could the line look like this:
LT: Starks, LG: Kemo, C Pouncey, RG: Foster, RT: Adams

with: T. Essex, J. Scott, Urbic, Legs, as backups

Sound like this could work:

Man i hope so...:crossfingers: i wouldn't mind seeing LT Adams LG Kemo C Pouncey Rg Foster RT Starks, hell they won a Superbowl with Starks starting at RT, i just hope they get rid of Hartpig now:crossfingers:and that bum Summers once Pouncey signs...Brandon Graham signed with the Eagles agent is Joel Segal same agent for Maurkice Pouncey. Deal ought to be wrapped up soon

igor0190
07-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Next year:
Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Colon, Adams

Would be frickin sweet... assuming Adams has anything left in the tank. Who knows if he has anything left for this year even, he's 35!

Real Deal Steel
07-30-2010, 06:30 AM
Goes to show you that next year, we have to go right back into the first round and continue to upgrade this O-line. And then come back in free agency and sign a younger, quality RG for depth.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Dont get me wrong... ive been a "Hotel" fan since highschool... but, he is 35 and penalty prone. Im hoping he can teach Max how to play to his size and ability. I dont care where he plays, hes gonna add more competition in camp ensuring whomever starts at the T's will have earned it.

My dream line:
LT/RT- The Hotel
RG- Chris-K
C- The Big Legursky (im callin it now)
RG- Pouncey (he could play Center... but i think he will shine wherever he plays)
RT/LT- Max

The Middle of that line woud be Beasty with 3 big,strong, nasty guys... the outside would be TOWERSOME!!! I like it!

Layin the wood
07-30-2010, 08:14 AM
With Adams now in the fold its time to get back to old Smash Mouth Football!!!:cope:

BlackGold4vr
07-30-2010, 08:24 AM
excellent news. loving the changes up front.

hoping pouncey immediately starts at center

:plus1: Its a nice move but I don't think it speaks very highly of our depth.

LatrobePA
07-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Just what we needed some nasty on the line...Good move, makes me happy!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2010, 08:32 AM
:plus1: Its a nice move but I don't think it speaks very highly of our depth.

I don't think anyone can speak very highly of our depth, and haven't been able to for years now. In the past, and Im talking in the prime of the Cowher era, at any given time we had a backup line that was fully capable of stepping in and performing at a solid level. Over the years as those starters retired or left via free agency, it's just dwindled down gradually. We are continuing to pay the price for the lack of attention to the offensive line on draft weekend. RIght now there is a slight glimmer of hope because Kemo is turning into a real good guard for us, Pouncey should provide that stability at Center that we haven't had since Hartings left (and Dawson before him), and if Colon comes back to the team in 2011 he's a solid RT...so there are pieces in place to make a good line.

The days when you had players on the line like Faneca, Dawson, Searcy, Jackson, Wolfley, Love, Marvel Smith, just to name a few who were generally healthy and out there every week. There were years when our QB's were some of the least sacked in the game. Partly because we ran the ball so much but partly because our line was always one of the best in the league.

Can somebody find us something like that again????? ***marko......polo***

coldrolled
07-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Goes to show you that next year, we have to go right back into the first round and continue to upgrade this O-line. And then come back in free agency and sign a younger, quality RG for depth.

we have a new OL coach also. the last one didnt coach up much talent, so maybe the new guy will coach up a few rookies better than the last and surprise us.

still hoping dixon kicks byrons a$$ to get the start

Prosdo
07-30-2010, 10:43 AM
The only thing that worries me about this guy is how many penalties he takes. I believe he was the most penalized O-linemen last year. That can really kill drives.

coldrolled
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
The only thing that worries me about this guy is how many penalty he takes. I believe he was the most penalized O-linemen last year. That can really kill drives.

is he deaf in his right ear...?? maybe RT is better for him.

Zachintosh66
07-30-2010, 12:39 PM
tweet from jimwexell minutes ago:

Starks volunteered for RT but Tomlin leaving him at LT. Adams to RT. #Steelers

andyg1984
07-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I think someone is going to give colon more $ than we will next year ...

Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Foster, Adams ... 2010-11 ...make it happen ..

Rashard Mendenhall's fantasy stock just got a pop for sure ..

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Steelers release terms of Adams' contract
Friday, July 30, 2010
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers signed Flozell Adams to a two-year contract worth $7.5 million, but the veteran offensive tackle received no signing bonus as part of the deal.
If he makes the team, Adams will receive a $2.5 million salary this season and his salary for 2011 is $5 million, none of it guaranteed.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10211/1076507-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0vChfnMze

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Good signing ! Maybe them signing him has something to do with Woodley not being extended so far... Just keep everybody healthy and we should have a much improved line !!

Zachintosh66
07-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Steelers release terms of Adams' contract
Friday, July 30, 2010
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers signed Flozell Adams to a two-year contract worth $7.5 million, but the veteran offensive tackle received no signing bonus as part of the deal.
If he makes the team, Adams will receive a $2.5 million salary this season and his salary for 2011 is $5 million, none of it guaranteed.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10211/1076507-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0vChfnMze

so as i read between the lines this is basically a one year contract and he'll be cut next season... i dont see them paying him 5mill...

--- Added 7/30/2010 at 06:32 PM ---

ps... any word on who they cut to bring in adams?

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2010, 07:37 PM
so as i read between the lines this is basically a one year contract and he'll be cut next season... i dont see them paying him 5mill...

--- Added 7/30/2010 at 06:32 PM ---

ps... any word on who they cut to bring in adams?

"To make room for Pouncey, second-round pick Jason Worilds and free agent offensive lineman Flozell Adams, the Steelers released three players: linebackers Lindsey Witten and Johnny Williams, and long snapper Matt Stewart."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 92745.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_692745.html)

--- Added 7/30/2010 at 06:37 PM ---

By the way Zachintosh......I agree with you about the Adams contract....Noway I see the Steelers paying him $5 million next year.....I think how the Steelers worked this contract was brilliant.......$2.5 million this to year to see what Adams has left.....If Adams is done then the Steelers can cut him no problem even this year.....

Zachintosh66
07-31-2010, 06:57 AM
thanks bgf32!

MattyVfromCT
07-31-2010, 09:10 AM
is he deaf in his right ear...?? maybe RT is better for him.

yes he is. or according to some cowboy fans i know

coldrolled
07-31-2010, 09:50 AM
yes he is. or according to some cowboy fans i know

maybe on the right side he will hear the snap count better.

DIESELMAN
07-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Would be frickin sweet... assuming Adams has anything left in the tank. Who knows if he has anything left for this year even, he's 35!
He'll be playing for a new team, hopefully he'll dig deep down inside. Plus all the experience he's bringing to the table could help out quite a bit.

K Train
07-31-2010, 01:45 PM
so ****ing happy. starks-kemoeatu-pouncey-foster-adams will give us a fighting chance and mendenhall gets 1500 yards running behind those guys ALL are tremendous run blockers

coldrolled
08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
adams may be honing in on the OL problem....

"but there are a whole bunch of different variables that can come into play when a team is allowing a lot of sacks," said Flozell Adams, the newly acquired Cowboys tackle plugged in for injured starter Willie Colon.

"It can be players, it can be scheme, it can be play-calling, it can be chemistry, and, sometimes, none of those things are the problem, either."

Adams, in other words, can't be expected to know what pokes so many holes in the Steelers' protection, but whatever it is, it wasn't so much in evidence with his previous employer.

Scheme and Play calling maybe? 50% chance its the big BA...