PDA

View Full Version : Ben gets in trouble, Young dosent?

xxxsteelernation
07-29-2010, 05:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5419427
How does VY not get suspended, he got into a fight at a club. It was proven and video taped. Ben gets suspended for Alleged Sexual misconuct, and also unproven.
I'm starting to hate the way the NFL is becoming such a wimpy sport.

coldrolled
07-29-2010, 05:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5419427
How does VY not get suspended, he got into a fight at a club. It was proven and video taped. Ben gets suspended for Alleged Sexual misconuct, and also unproven.
I'm starting to hate the way the NFL is becoming such a wimpy sport.

the nfl knows the titans need VY and dont want to disrupt them again, they need to win.

we are not allowed to win #7... so we are open game all around...

watch how there are no holding calls made on woodley and harrison. same thing.

they knock us down.

watch how many holding calls go against us when we score a td.. i bet we lead the league in called back td's. conspiracy... or crazed fan???

Steel Trap86
07-29-2010, 05:45 PM
holmes and ben get suspended a quarter of the season, for unproven allegations, while vince gets nothing for a scrap at a strip club thats ON TAPE lol i hope this ends all the conspiracy bullshit that the NFL has some sort of buyest leniency towards this team. mainly from seahawk & cards fans.

cmerrifield
07-29-2010, 05:59 PM
holmes and ben get suspended a quarter of the season, for unproven allegations, while vince gets nothing for a scrap at a strip club thats ON TAPE lol i hope this ends all the conspiracy bullshit that the NFL has some sort of buyest leniency towards this team. mainly from seahawk & cards fans.

Holmes got suspended for either failing or refusing a drug test and the 4 game suspension means it was his 3rd or 4th violation. Just saying

Steel Trap86
07-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Holmes got suspended for either failing or refusing a drug test and the 4 game suspension means it was his 3rd or 4th violation. Just saying

my mistake, thought it was for what happened in the club.

SteelCityKid5
07-29-2010, 07:02 PM
It's cause Ben's white.

airbrake 1
07-29-2010, 07:28 PM
roger goodell needed a token white guy to punish to make it look like it wasn't all black guys that were being punished by the conduct policy.... OH well he got his token, he has made his example

Prosdo
07-29-2010, 08:27 PM
When I heard this on ESPN today I was really shocked. As much as Goodell is supposedly cracking down, he isn't being consistent. If you are going to suspend the other guys for allegations and such you should suspend Young for a proven incident. Bad move by the commish.

nuclearchihuahuas
07-29-2010, 08:28 PM
roger goodell needed a token white guy to punish to make it look like it wasn't all black guys that were being punished by the conduct policy.... OH well he got his token, he has made his example

Could be...I am hoping its because they think Ben is worth the effort...he's not likely to be this stupid again...VY is a waste of time and effort :imho:

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
our team is not now and has never really been a favorite of the gloss and lipstick crowd sept when we b carrying the vl trophy off the field. then everybody loves us for about a week. the steelers' players should know that the media will eat them alive if they so much as fart wrong. that's the way it is. lol.

steelerschick1220
07-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Fantastic. Yet another reason to dislike the wimpy butt Goodell. He sucks at being the commish, I'm sorry.

SteelCityKid5
07-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Also, I was kidding.

KSSteelerfan
07-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Goodell is a joke of a commish.....:rant2:

LarryNJ
07-30-2010, 07:04 AM
the nfl knows the titans need VY and dont want to disrupt them again, they need to win.

we are not allowed to win #7... so we are open game all around...

watch how there are no holding calls made on woodley and harrison. same thing.

they knock us down.

watch how many holding calls go against us when we score a td.. i bet we lead the league in called back td's. conspiracy... or crazed fan???:yesnod:

:lol::lol:

ejsteeler
07-30-2010, 12:42 PM
No one here is really surprised, right? I'm so over it and ready for the season to begin. :cope:

lloydfan4life
07-30-2010, 04:41 PM
It's cause Ben's white.

I'm not buying the whole racial thing.... I'm chalking it up to Goodell just being a punkass bitch.

When he was hired I gave him respect.... until he made a mockery of the whole league by letting the Patricheats get by with a slap on the hand.

The man's been nothing but inconsistent.

Zachintosh66
07-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Now Benson too... wtf?!

airbrake 1
07-30-2010, 07:22 PM
I believe this is a complete list
black:
rocky bernard
michael boley
fabian washington
brandon marshall
ricky manning
larry johnson
fred evans
michael vick
marshawn lynch
bryant mckinnie
tank johnson
chris henry
donte stallworth
pacman jones
white:
ben roethlisberger
robert reynolds

lloydfan4life
08-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Starkey: NFL justice a joke

By Joe Starkey, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, August 1, 2010

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a strong message to players Wednesday: It's OK to get in a fight at a strip club as long as it's your first offense under the make-it-up-as-we-go-along personal-conduct policy.

Apparently, it's not that big a deal to drive drunk multiple times, either, but we'll get to that in a minute.

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young had to be jumping for joy when news broke that he would not be suspended for his dust-up at Club Onyx, an "upscale urban gentleman's club" in Dallas. There was nothing gentlemanly about Vinny's behavior that mid-June night. He was caught on video assaulting a man who had used a hand gesture to insult Young's alma mater.

After executing a flawless swim move on a woman seated behind an office door, a raging Young went for the sack. He swung at his insulter. They proceeded to lock horns, you could say, before Young was held back from possibly inflicting serious damage.

Under normal circumstances, I'm not sure I would have issued a suspension, either, but the NFL hardly is operating under normal circumstances these days. Goodell has turned his league into a police state.

Part of the time, anyway.

Other times, anything goes.

Three years ago, players gave Goodell the freedom to act as judge, jury and executioner in administering the personal-conduct policy. Unfortunately, he has abused his power, dispensing punishments as erratically as Jake Delhomme delivers passes.

Consider the wild inconsistency in Goodell's dealings with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and Oakland Raiders coach Tom Cable.

Roethlisberger twice was accused of sexual assault within a year. He was not arrested, let alone charged with a crime, though a civil suit out of Nevada remains unresolved. Goodell hit Roethlisberger with a conditional six-game suspension for a "pattern of behavior" and "bad judgments," which apparently included furnishing alcohol to minors.

What about Cable? How did he avoid a suspension despite exhibiting a "pattern of behavior" at least as disturbing as Roethlisberger's?

Four people have accused Cable of inflicting violence upon them, though, like Roethlisberger, he was never prosecuted.

ESPN reported last year that Cable's ex-wife and ex-girlfriend each said he hit them. The report uncovered divorce documents in which a third woman, Cable's second-wife, said "in the past he has been physically and verbally abusive to me."

Finally, assistant coach Randy Hanson accused Cable of breaking his jaw in an unprovoked training-camp attack last summer.

Anyone detecting a pattern here?

Other assistant coaches present for the incident did not corroborate Hanson's story, thus helping their boss avoid prosecution.

Which raises a question: Should be players and coaches be treated differently under the personal-conduct policy?

According to Goodell's wicky-wacky code, the answer is yes — and it is coaches who should be held to a higher standard.

Yeah, I'm confused, too, but bear with me while we read Goodell's latest punishment letter, delivered Friday after he suspended Detroit Lions president Tom Lewand — a first-time offender — for 30 days on account of a DUI.

Wrote Roger: "Those who occupy leadership positions are held to a higher standard of conduct that exceeds what is ordinarily expected of players or members of the general public."

I believe coaching, too, would be considered a leadership position, but let's get back to the DUI dilemma.

Drunken driving, according to a San Diego Union-Tribune report, is the most common crime committed by NFL players. A player has been arrested for DUI more than once a month, on average, since 2000.

The situation prompted the league to join Mothers Against Drunk Driving in a partnership, one that is not to be confused with the NFL's $1.2 billion deal with Anheuser-Busch.

Anyway, when then-Cleveland Browns receiver Donte Stallworth pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter after a crash in which he struck and killed a man, Goodell suspended him for the 2009 season (Stallworth now plays for the Baltimore Ravens).

That contrasted markedly to Goodell's handling of star defensive end Jared Allen, who was issued a four-game suspension in 2007 after a third DUI charge (anyone detecting a pattern there?). Goodell reduced the suspension to two games in July of 2007, three months after the personal-conduct policy was instituted.

Meanwhile, Goodell recently announced that San Diego Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson, coming off a second DUI conviction, will be suspended for a measly three games.

Call me crazy, but shouldn't the NFL's punishment for DUI be based on what you do before you get behind the wheel and not what happens after?

If you drink and drive, you're liable to kill somebody. Period. What happens before you turn the ignition is controllable; what happens afterward is random. The punishment for a DUI — even a first one — should be a one-year suspension.

Yeah, a standard policy.

Imagine.

Link (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_692918.html)

LatrobePA
08-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Vick - nuff said!

Shooting at his B-day party, he wasn't convicted sure but the same as Ben with the second claim (putting yourself in those postions), Ben was also cleared of any wrong and still suspended.

Roger Goodell - The new and improved Steeler killer!

RW318
08-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Lets see....you possibly committing rape (for a second time....was it?)...or someone else shooting someone else at a party for you while you took no part in the shooting...hmmmm...nice example there.

TEEMONT
08-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Lets see....you possibly committing rape (for a second time....was it?)...or someone else shooting someone else at a party for you while you took no part in the shooting...hmmmm...nice example there.

A possible rape....you said it all right there dude. You cant punish "possible" anything. No other employer could even entertain the the thought of punishing someone for something they possibly did.

Yeah Ben's kind of a douche for takign advantage of this dumb chick, but that doesn't make him a rapist, it just makes him the kinda dude you wouldnt want your sister dating.

Although, I dont think Vick should be unished either. But VY, yeah probably a game or two.

beaver688
08-08-2010, 01:28 PM
It's cause Ben's white.

Wow it took you this long to find out the white black thing(amazing)

--- Added 8/8/2010 at 11:28 AM ---

I believe this is a complete list
black:
rocky bernard
michael boley
fabian washington
brandon marshall
ricky manning
larry johnson
fred evans
michael vick
marshawn lynch
bryant mckinnie
tank johnson
chris henry
donte stallworth
pacman jones
white:
ben roethlisberger
robert reynolds

Can't be anyother way when 87 percent of the leage is black.

RW318
08-08-2010, 10:54 PM
A possible rape....you said it all right there dude. You cant punish "possible" anything. No other employer could even entertain the the thought of punishing someone for something they possibly did.

Yeah Ben's kind of a douche for takign advantage of this dumb chick, but that doesn't make him a rapist, it just makes him the kinda dude you wouldnt want your sister dating.

Although, I dont think Vick should be unished either. But VY, yeah probably a game or two.

A shitload of employers would....image is everything to the publics eye. An employee building up a ****** reputation to the level Ben has this year...would likely be tossed aside. The NFL gets money based on image...the better they can sell someone...the better their income.

your sister.....Or a friend, friends family, people you sorta know but like as human beings, people who could possibly have bright futures. I would wish someone like this guy on people I hate.

Vick shouldn't...and it shouldn't even be a thought. VY...I guess I could see why he should or could...he probably would have been suspended had any charges been filed.

airbrake 1
08-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Wow it took you this long to find out the white black thing(amazing)

--- Added 8/8/2010 at 11:28 AM ---

Can't be anyother way when 87 percent of the leage is black.

As of 2009 opening day rosters approximately 65% of NFL players are African-American, which includes players of "mixed-race" background as well as Samoan and Polynesian decent.
Even with your exaggerated numbers it is still lop-sided black to white just as is it in the american prison system. I guess they were all framed like the juice.