PDA

View Full Version : ESPN poll: Who wins the AFC North

BlackGold4vr
07-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Go vote on the ESPN poll (front page at bottom). We are currently being embarrassed and are a distant 3rd barely beating the Brownstains. C'mon Steeler Nation!

:helmet:

K Train
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM
why? let them drink the raven kool aid and get sucked into the TO-ESPN

i love how down everyone is on them, it gives them a fighting chance

andyg1984
07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
CIN is more of a threat imo than BAL .. everyone knows TO is not in his prime, but so what, one of those 3 guys is going to shred some of the DB's we, The Ravens and Browns have ..

K Train
07-28-2010, 04:34 PM
im way more afraid of one ray rice than all 3 of them

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Go vote on the ESPN poll (front page at bottom). We are currently being embarrassed and are a distant 3rd barely beating the Brownstains. C'mon Steeler Nation!

:helmet:

short link to espn site...http://ne8.org/vp...select the tab: training camp afc north link on the left for the afc polls. look at the map "who loves you baby"to see where all the votes are coming from. looks like a map from 2007.

Me, i personally feel it in my heart that this years steelers is a sleeper team destined to surprise everyone. http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/goodgirl20/smiley-gosteelers.gif:popcorn:

coldrolled
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
why? let them drink the raven kool aid and get sucked into the TO-ESPN

i love how down everyone is on them, it gives them a fighting chance

like i said a month ago. TO would take the spot light off Ben... even if he was our #3..

well our DB's can now deal with TO, Bryant, Ocho, Gresham the 1st round TE.

then 2 games with flacco,stallworth, mason, boldin, heap.

it will be a fun year this year..

hopefully, they will have to deal with saunders, wallace, miller, ward and Dwyer/Mendenhall. we really need dwyer to show up as a rookie and CB Butler would make it real cool if he could surprise all the cb's we have... we need another surprise this year since we cant buy one. Butler or/and Dwyer would be great.

andyg1984
07-28-2010, 05:32 PM

no reason to fear RB's imo and flacco at times has issues hitting the side of a barn ..

a remotely healthy carson palmer with 3 solid WR's and gresham underneath is going to be not only much more fun to watch but more effective imo .. besides, BAL has issues in their secondary now ...

I can't judge TO when he was in BUF the way some people do ..

HUNT4SEVEN
07-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Honestly we play better when all the so called experts count us out , last year we was rated number one by NFLN in chances of making it back to the Superbowl and we all know how that turned out, so i'm excited about us being ranked so low, if we stay healthy on Defense we will dominate this year:markit:

Rooney doesn't know if that's necessarily a bad thing.

"We've always done well as the underdog and I'm not sure why," he said. "It seems that in the years people kind of underestimated us a little bit, sometimes that's been some of our better years. I don't mind that role if that's where we wind up."

Layin the wood
07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I love being the underdog! Bring em' on!!!:cope:

steelerschick1220
07-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Meh. Let the ratbirds and bungles have all the preseason attention they want.

I honestly feel there won't be anyone talking about them come december or january. They will be too busy discussing our remarkable season.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
ESPN is full of all the kool aid drinkers who follow what they are being told like the "sheople" they really are. They can't think for themselves so whoever tells them what teams are good, that's what they go by.

Let em think we're going to suck....revenge is best served cold and with a big punch in the face!

coldrolled
07-29-2010, 11:28 AM
we shall see by game 3 whos what...

cinci - Pats then Ravens

ravens - Jets then Cinci

steelers - dixon vs falcons - titans

steelersbabex25
07-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I hope they say we're gonna come in last. Add some fuel to the fire.

LatrobePA
07-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Here's what I see:

Rats will fail, too much relying on Flacco, he'll be out to lunch in a full blown air it out offense.

Bengals, Packman, Jones, TO, Not what he used to be Ocho*******, washed up no arm left Palmer, banged up Benson, will also fail!

Browns, haaaaaaaaaa no way in hell!

Steelers, defense drooling to get back on the field HEALTHY, BB-less offense with tons of up and coming stars (Mendy, Wallace, etc etc) will still have control of the division.

K Train
07-29-2010, 01:26 PM
bengals have a great defense and the ravens are still pretty good. **** their offenses they arent scary at all. except ray rice

coldrolled
07-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Here's what I see:

Rats will fail, too much relying on Flacco, he'll be out to lunch in a full blown air it out offense.

Bengals, Packman, Jones, TO, Not what he used to be Ocho*******, washed up no arm left Palmer, banged up Benson, will also fail!

Browns, haaaaaaaaaa no way in hell!

Steelers, defense drooling to get back on the field HEALTHY, BB-less offense with tons of up and coming stars (Mendy, Wallace, etc etc) will still have control of the division.

dont forget dwyers and gibson.. both of them were first round selections #16 and #23 in Mock drafts in Nov. 2009.. somehow we have them plus worilds and pouncey.

hope they all show up... we need them.

LatrobePA
07-29-2010, 02:10 PM
bengals have a great defense and the ravens are still pretty good. **** their offenses they arent scary at all. except ray rice

You're right the Bungles have a good D and if they stay healthy will be scary.

mos07
07-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I guess people around the nation do not realize the Steelers played as bad as they could for a five game stretch, were without their best run stopper - A Smith- and their cornerstone - Troy Polamalu- and still only lost the division by ONE game.

Having McFadden back, the development of Woodley, Timmons, and Hood and a healthy Smith and Polamalu should fix our problems on D.

I am a little concerned about the O-Line play - if they can come together and run the ball the first four weeks when we know the D's are going to be stacked against the run, then I will have a lot of faith in the season.

The TO thing is just to sell tickets. Mike Brown at his best. Their defense is good, but their offense does not scare me in the least.

The Ravens, however, are going to be decent. The Boldin signing was IMO a very good move.

To think this team after going 9-7 last year with all the defensive letdowns will be a sub 500 team this year is just ridiculous to me.

Bring on the season.

Troyisabeast_43
07-29-2010, 07:47 PM
If the Steelers can get through the first 4 games at 3-1 without Ben they are going to be in very very good shape to make a good mid to late season run like they do everytime they push for the Super Bowl. Im with everybody as well when the media doesnt talk about the Steelers or predicts them to have a down year is when they rise up and play better and surprise everybody. This is most definitely one of those years you can feel it and sense it right now 1 day before training camp...

Steel Trap86
07-29-2010, 08:19 PM
If the Steelers can get through the first 4 games at 3-1 without Ben they are going to be in very very good shape to make a good mid to late season run like they do everytime they push for the Super Bowl. Im with everybody as well when the media doesnt talk about the Steelers or predicts them to have a down year is when they rise up and play better and surprise everybody. This is most definitely one of those years you can feel it and sense it right now 1 day before training camp...

:plus1: this team plays it's best through adversity. nobody gave them a chance in hell at finishing 12-4 in 08 with the toughest schedule in the league, let alone win the superbowl. 9 of the teams we played made it to the playoffs. I'm going to say we beat the Falcons in the season opener, maybe drop the titans game, beat the Bucs (Lefty's former team) and that Ravens game is hard to call, because it's at home I would give the edge to the Steelers, but I say we come out of week 4 at no worse then 2-2.

lloydfan4life
07-29-2010, 09:17 PM

Exactly! :yellowthumb:

I love being the underdog! Bring em' on!!!:cope:

The Steelers always seem to play better when they're the underdog. This is a good sign for us this year! :woot:

Real Deal Steel
07-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Exactly! :yellowthumb:

The Steelers always seem to play better when they're the underdog. This is a good sign for us this year! :woot:

Let them all ballwash the Ravens and Bengals.

Our special teams cost us atleast 2-3 games along with a bad secondary with Troy out. We've corrected the special teams and we've upgraded the secondary. And Troy is healthy.

Let the idiots who don't know football continue to overlook us.

coldrolled
07-30-2010, 12:23 PM

OUCH...

Report: Ravens CB Domonique Foxworth Tears ACL

LatrobePA
07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
OUCH...

Report: Ravens CB Domonique Foxworth Tears ACL

That'll leave a mark!

coldrolled
07-30-2010, 05:01 PM
That'll leave a mark!

Ouch again...

Ravens LT Gaither - carted off field today.

Real Deal Steel
07-31-2010, 01:08 PM
No Ed Reed, No Domonique Foxworth ..and this team is pretty good on defense????

Sorry but the race is now down to us and the Bengals.

nuclearchihuahuas
07-31-2010, 02:43 PM
No Ed Reed, No Domonique Foxworth ..and this team is pretty good on defense????

Sorry but the race is now down to us and the Bengals.

Agreed! The ravens may have a high powered offense but the way their defense is dropping they will have to be absolutely perfect. I wonder if the injury bug that the baltimore defense has caught is contagious...maybe they could "kiss" the ochocinco "baby"
and give it to the bengals offense...LOL:greenbounce2:

DBR96A
07-31-2010, 04:42 PM
The Ravens are about to get a lesson in how losing a couple of key players on defense can undermine the entire unit.

blackngold29
08-01-2010, 01:53 AM
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss273/DarthHonus29/AFCNorthpred.jpg

That's what they think of us, don't forget.

andyg1984
08-02-2010, 12:38 PM
You're right the Bungles have a good D and if they stay healthy will be scary.

I think this is the year hall and joseph establish themselves as one of the best duos in the league .. not that they were not last year, it is just the majority of people dont really respect them as much as they should

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
The Ravens are about to get a lesson in how losing a couple of key players on defense can undermine the entire unit.
don't forget Zorn is in the Ratbastards bird house now. wonder what he will bring to the table?

Real Deal Steel
08-03-2010, 12:59 AM
don't forget Zorn is in the Ratbastards bird house now. wonder what he will bring to the table?

Zorn can't play safety like Ed Reed and he can't play corner like Foxworth. hahaha

coldrolled
08-03-2010, 11:15 AM
oh no...

Ravens WR Derrick Mason Leaves Practice With Leg Injury
Baltimore Ravens veteran wide receiver Derrick Mason left this morning's practice with a lower leg injury, reports Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun.

"I just twisted it," Mason said as he exited the field, though it remains unclear it Mason injured his knee or ankle.

Lunchbucket
08-03-2010, 01:14 PM
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss273/DarthHonus29/AFCNorthpred.jpg

That's what they think of us, don't forget.

I Love IT!! Time to shock the world:eek1:

1085_WEST_THIRD_ST
08-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I THINK IT IS BENGALS THEN RAVES. IT IS HARD TO COUNT OUT THE STEELERS. THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE BETTER DIVISIONS IN THE NFL. GOOD YEAR FOR DIVISION.

dawgs
08-07-2010, 11:04 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Super-Bowl-XL-head-official-admits-to-blown-call;_ylt=AnCZ_sQKnZPgsWNztmXU_BQ5nYcB?urn=nfl-260901

Moondog
08-07-2010, 11:39 AM
You know Dawgs, if the Steelers, God forbid , end up being year in and year out losers, I hope I don't end up like you. I feel sorry for you.

JensK
08-07-2010, 12:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Super-Bowl-XL-head-official-admits-to-blown-call;_ylt=AnCZ_sQKnZPgsWNztmXU_BQ5nYcB?urn=nfl-260901

First off, i don't see how this have anything to do with who wins the AFC North. Second, even so, blown calls happens in every single game, even SBs. Seahawks had plenty of chances to win, they just didnt. That is not Steelers fault. I found it hilarious how everyone outside of Steelers nation call us "cheaters" for something we had absolutely nothing to do with. It was the ref who made the bad calls, not anyone from the Steelers organization. Furthermore, as far as i've read, the ref have not said which plays he thought was wrong, meaning it could be both ways. Anyways, if you want to come talk football, go ahead, if you want to talk trash, go ahead, but at least try to put it into some sort of context instead of just randomly linking something.

dawgs
08-08-2010, 12:00 PM
First off, i don't see how this have anything to do with who wins the AFC North. Second, even so, blown calls happens in every single game, even SBs. Seahawks had plenty of chances to win, they just didnt. That is not Steelers fault. I found it hilarious how everyone outside of Steelers nation call us "cheaters" for something we had absolutely nothing to do with. It was the ref who made the bad calls, not anyone from the Steelers organization. Furthermore, as far as i've read, the ref have not said which plays he thought was wrong, meaning it could be both ways. Anyways, if you want to come talk football, go ahead, if you want to talk trash, go ahead, but at least try to put it into some sort of context instead of just randomly linking something.

http://www.steelers12thman.com/steeler7lp.jpg

TEEMONT
08-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I dont really think any of this is fans being "brainwashed" It's not like the Steelers did anything last year to really impress people. And now Ben is possibly missing 6 games? The D looked old and was exploited late in games. There really is no reason anyone other than a Steelers fan woudl pick them to win the North.

DanRooney
08-08-2010, 02:33 PM
What reasoning was given for Polamalu's game-clinching interception being overturned?

The NFL actually apologized to the Steelers for that one. Not just the ref, the league. :lol:

--- Added 8/8/2010 at 01:31 PM ---

http://www.steelers12thman.com/steeler7lp.jpg

(September 20, 2000) Jerry Seeman, the NFL's senior director of officiating, contacted the Steelers and informed them the game officials were in error for not stopping the clock when QB Kent Graham was sacked on what turned out to be the final play of the game. That play began at the Browns 6-yard line with 14 seconds left and the Steelers trailing, 23-20. Graham was sacked by rookie DE Courtney Brown, and time expired before the field goal team could get onto the field to attempt to tie the game. According to NFL rules, the clock stops after the quarterback is sacked until the ball is spotted by the referee. That normally takes about five seconds, and then the clock starts again. Seeman's admission of error will do nothing to change the outcome of the game. (This insert was from www.usatoday.com)
:lol:

--- Added 8/8/2010 at 01:33 PM ---

Or how about in 2008 when Polamalu hit that lateral down and ran it in for a TD in what would have ended in a 18-10 game. Instead, it became the first 11-10 win. Refs...:lol:

Real Deal Steel
08-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I dont really think any of this is fans being "brainwashed" It's not like the Steelers did anything last year to really impress people. And now Ben is possibly missing 6 games? The D looked old and was exploited late in games. There really is no reason anyone other than a Steelers fan woudl pick them to win the North.

Teemont, you clearly don't know what your talking about. When the smoke clears, we will be AFC north champs again.

And it won't take long for you to figure it out either because we are going to whip on the Falcons in a such a fashion that everyone in the league will know that the real champs are back.