PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher's wife, Kaye, passes away at 54

Big T
07-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Bill Cowher's wife, Kaye, passes away at 54
Posted by Mike Florio on July 24, 2010 12:39 AM ET

We're stunned this evening to learn, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, that Kaye Cowher, the wife of former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, has died at the age of 54.

Per Bouchette, Kaye Cowher had been battling skin cancer. The duration of the condition isn't known; there had been no prior reports of any health issues, and no rumors that Mrs. Cowher had been ill.

Bill Cowher resigned as coach of the Steelers after the 2006 season, a year after the family purchased a home in North Carolina, Kaye Cowher's home state.

Pursued by the Browns and the Jets after the 2008 season and by the Bills last year, Cowher remains at the top of the "A" list for coaching vacancies.

The Cowhers have three daughters -- Megan, Lauren, and Lindsay. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Cowher family.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/24/bill-cowhers-wife-kaye-passes-away-at-54/

thoughts and prayers go out to the Cowher family. :pray:

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-24-2010, 02:41 AM
thoughts and prayers...

KSSteelerfan
07-24-2010, 02:44 AM
RIP Kaye Cowher and condolences to Bill and the Girls.....:pray:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Oh my, how terrible. I cant imagine what they are going through right now. The thoughts and prayers of the steeler nation are with you Bill, and your daughters :(

MattyVfromCT
07-24-2010, 04:05 AM
that's terrible. my thoughts and prayers go out to Bill and his family

airbrake 1
07-24-2010, 04:56 AM
wow that really sucks when someone still relatively young dies like this. I hadn't even known she was i'll, i guess perhaps this might have been why bill said he wanted to spend more time with the family. my prayers go out to the entire cowher family especially bill and the girls. IT just seems like yesterday that they were celebrating the super bowl victory together.... RIP KAYE

Dean Denton
07-24-2010, 05:12 AM
God I'm so sorry to here this..I know we all die, and not one of us is getting out of this alive, but she is far too young to be gone. Live everyday like it could be your last my brothers and sisters. Go hug someome you love, and let them know you love them...

lloydfan4life
07-24-2010, 08:14 AM
This is terrible news. :(

Dean said it well.... live each day like it's your last... and do NOT take those you love for granite. It could all be over in a heartbeat.

Our hearts and prayers are with you Bill, Megan, Lauren & Lindsay.
Steeler Nation mourns with you.

LarryNJ
07-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Very sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to Bill and the girls during this most difficult time.

XLJohn
07-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Our prayers and thoughts go out to the Cowher Family.......Rest in Peace

steelersgal86
07-24-2010, 08:52 AM
wow...how sad...RIP Kaye Cowher...our thoughts and prayers are with the family...:pray:

WoodsonsGirl
07-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I got a lump in my throat just reading about this.

RIP Kaye Cowher....Steeler Nation mourns with you Coach!

Iron City South
07-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Very sad. My deepest condolences to the Cowher family.

It almost makes me wonder if Cowher's decision to retire didn't have something to do with her skin cancer, but being the private guy that he is ... he didn't mention anything about her health. I wonder when she was actually diagnosed with it?

Prosdo
07-24-2010, 10:31 AM
I didn't even know she was sick. How horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

steelersbabex25
07-24-2010, 10:36 AM
RIP Kaye. Thoughts and prayers are coming to Bill and his girls from the entire Steeler Nation.

PsychoWard
07-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Wow that is very sad!! Thoughts and :pray: go out to the Cower Family!

nuclearchihuahuas
07-24-2010, 11:21 AM

It almost makes me wonder if Cowher's decision to retire didn't have something to do with her skin cancer, but being the private guy that he is ... he didn't mention anything about her health. I wonder when she was actually diagnosed with it?

It makes a lot of sense to me that he likely retired when he found out she was sick...I have experience with skin cancers in my employment...to me the time line seems reasonable but you are right, he is such a private guy we may never know.

floodcitygirl
07-24-2010, 11:32 AM

It almost makes me wonder if Cowher's decision to retire didn't have something to do with her skin cancer, but being the private guy that he is ... he didn't mention anything about her health. I wonder when she was actually diagnosed with it?I was thinking the same thing. Regardless, how horrible for the family. Prayers for all of them.

DIESELMAN
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Thats sad to hear...condolences out to Bill and his family.

SteelCityKid5
07-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow what horrible news, thoughts and prayers coach

Moondog
07-24-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm stunned. I just had a friend pass on the 21st of this month, she was only thirty-three. Like Dean Denton said some posts above, got to live each day like it's our last. Man....my heart goes out to the Cowher family, they seemed very tight knit. My condolences.

xxxsteelernation
07-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Wow I didn't even know she was sick. Well I don't see cowher taking a coaching job in lue of the following and kinda explains why he hasnt taken another in the past.
Passing because of cancer is never an easy thing. at least she was able to watch her husband win the super bowl. I will never lose that image of Cowher and his family up on the podium celebrating the win.

Scorp
07-24-2010, 02:47 PM
God Bless the whole family. And all the great people who have come and gone before us. I share your pain and my prayers are with you.

mos07
07-24-2010, 04:17 PM
I hated to hear the news; I had no idea the Cowher family was dealing with this situation. My prayers go out to them.

airbrake 1
07-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Statement from Bill Cowher on the passing of his wife, Kaye:

“Sadly, my wife Kaye lost her battle with cancer on Friday. Kaye was such a loving and compassionate person and she was the foundation of our family. Kaye was always at my side throughout my career as a player, coach, NFL analyst and, most importantly, as a parent to our three daughters Meagan, Lauren and Lindsay. They will miss their mother dearly.

"Kaye was the rock that we could all lean on in the tough times. She was looked up to by so many people and I cannot say enough about what Kaye meant to our family. Her memory will never be forgotten. We would like to thank everyone who has kept our family in their thoughts and prayers and for those who have reached out to express their condolences. It is clear that Kaye touched a lot of lives.”

For anyone interested in making a donation on Kaye’s behalf, the Cowher family has asked that those be directed to Family Resources of Pennsylvania (412)-363-1702; www.familyresourcesofpa.org , the charity that Kaye so passionately supported.

Clevelandsux
07-25-2010, 02:47 PM
I didn't know Kaye was sick. Most people don't die from Skin cancer. Must have kept it hush hush. Maybe this was the real reason Cowher stepped down. Anyway this has got to be a hard one of the Cowher family. My condolences go out to the Cowher family.

TampaSteelGirl
07-26-2010, 12:35 PM
I was so stunned to hear she even had cancer. God bless his entire family! HOpe they find some comfort in this tragedy. I'm just glad she got to see him win a Superbowl after all those years of standing beside him!

Still love ya Coach!

LatrobePA
07-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Sorry for your loss Bill and family.

Dobre Shunka
07-28-2010, 08:57 PM
My condolences.

J.M.J.

MattyVfromCT
07-29-2010, 07:40 AM
LeBron finally decided to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh with the Miami Heat . It’s his determination,, just hope he will have a better future. The website are updating many jerseys for Lebron.For more information, just log in www.jersey-boys.com

seriously? ...............................................