PDA

View Full Version : Worst case

XLJohn
07-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Hypothetically....:crossfingers: If the Steelers only win 8 games and miss the playoffs:banging: and the signing of Tomlin for 3 more years.:banging:.......... do we bag him and bring in a real coach or let him ride it out:cursin: I have never been a fan of Tomlin nor will I act like I am I know its the Rooney rule but still this team is not making me feel real good right now.......

steelersbabex25
07-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Funny, I thought Tomlin was a real coach...

mos07
07-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I think you are reading the situation wrong as well as others on this site.......

Tomlin said once upon a time those were not (and I am paraphrasing) rushing title trophies he walked past everyday but Lombardi Trophies.....

I have the ultimate faith he will do what is needed to win - he gave up his
Tampa 2, he hired Bruce for a REASON - he knew his philosophy fit the PERSONNEL on this team.

I read earlier on this site that the Steelers did not win playing Marty/Bill ball until Ben arrived. I agree somewhat, but remember Ben was handcuffed most of the year until they hit that winning streak at the end of the season - they were 7-5 at a point. It was pretty much Cowher/Marty ball until he realized what he had in Ben. They drafted speed and weapons for him.

Against popular opinion, Ben makes this team go and those calling for him to be cut must have forgotten the previous 25 years before SB XL.

Tomlin knows what he has, he adapts, he swallows his ego for the best of the team, and I for one am not about to question him after a 9-7 when everything broke wrong. Cowher put up three horrific seasons in a row and the braintrust stuck by him.

Give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt, he deserves it.

scudmissile29
07-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Funny, I thought Tomlin was a real coach...

no, he's just a manufactured action figure that can electronically speak, not programmed well though can only echo quote famous movie lines :P

Tomlins a great coach.

Gettysburgh_Steel
07-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't know where you came from homeboy,if your just bored,or simply like to stir up some stuff.Tomlin is still developing as a head coach.Has he made mistakes? I would say yes. Has he proved that he can not be a head coach for the Steelers? You guessed it! The man does have a superbowl ring. He did not come into Pittsburgh,and just change everything we stand for around.I started some stupid threads before,but i think this one takes it to a whole new level.Get real dude!

I HATE THE RAVENS!!!!!

xxxsteelernation
07-23-2010, 11:10 PM
i think winning a super bowl and getting a 12-4 record is considerd a great coach

--- Added 7/23/2010 at 10:10 PM ---

if history repeats itself we should win the super bowl this year as well.

Gettysburgh_Steel
07-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Hypothetically....:crossfingers: If the Steelers only win 8 games and miss the playoffs:banging: and the signing of Tomlin for 3 more years.:banging:.......... do we bag him and bring in a real coach or let him ride it out:cursin: I have never been a fan of Tomlin nor will I act like I am I know its the Rooney rule but still this team is not making me feel real good right now.......

Are you John Nardella?

Dean Denton
07-24-2010, 04:29 AM
Lets see how he rebounds from last year, and if he fires up another stinker then maybe, and I say maybe we look in another directions. He did win a SB. If this team just blows a pole this year then I'm at a loss. If this team go 0-6 to start the season I say we fire the coach and Ben because this would be their fault. I really am in the grey on this team because of the continued off season crap, and for them to come out and **** the season away because we have a pervert QB on the bench and a coach that cant get a hold of the team, then lets just start over I guess.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-24-2010, 08:59 AM

I guess you're entitled to you opinion... but i wonder how long you have been following the Steelers if you honestly think any of what you said is even possible... other than the possibility of an 8-8 record. I GUESS anythig is possible in the NFL... but i dont see that happening buddy!

Lets see how he rebounds from last year, and if he fires up another stinker then maybe, and I say maybe we look in another directions. He did win a SB. If this team just blows a pole this year then I'm at a loss. If this team go 0-6 to start the season I say we fire the coach and Ben because this would be their fault. I really am in the grey on this team because of the continued off season crap, and for them to come out and **** the season away because we have a pervert QB on the bench and a coach that cant get a hold of the team, then lets just start over I guess.

Not too many teams in the NFL lay down man... and if you REALLY think the Steelers, esp. a team who has won 2 SB's in the last 5 years, is gonna lay down... you must be trippin or a closet ravens fan.

The core of tis team is made up of superbowl champions. Guys who have delt with adversity and shined when things looked bleek. This season/team to me looks like its piosed for a exciting season.

--- Added 7/24/2010 at 07:59 AM ---

I think you are reading the situation wrong as well as others on this site.......

Tomlin said once upon a time those were not (and I am paraphrasing) rushing title trophies he walked past everyday but Lombardi Trophies.....

I have the ultimate faith he will do what is needed to win - he gave up his
Tampa 2, he hired Bruce for a REASON - he knew his philosophy fit the PERSONNEL on this team.

I read earlier on this site that the Steelers did not win playing Marty/Bill ball until Ben arrived. I agree somewhat, but remember Ben was handcuffed most of the year until they hit that winning streak at the end of the season - they were 7-5 at a point. It was pretty much Cowher/Marty ball until he realized what he had in Ben. They drafted speed and weapons for him.

Against popular opinion, Ben makes this team go and those calling for him to be cut must have forgotten the previous 25 years before SB XL.

Tomlin knows what he has, he adapts, he swallows his ego for the best of the team, and I for one am not about to question him after a 9-7 when everything broke wrong. Cowher put up three horrific seasons in a row and the braintrust stuck by him.

Give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt, he deserves it.

:plus1: VERY good post... AND with the team we have... Ben is what gives us the chance at a superbowl EVERY season. Tomlin is doing what he can with what he has... like you said its not his system nor was it his personel. Now that he has 3 drafts under his belt, he's starting to mesh his guys with the Cowher guys he liked and fit his scheme. As far as the offense goes... the will make strides every year.

HUNT4SEVEN
07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Under Tomlin we went 12-4 and won a Superbowl with the toughest schedule that year and with the number 1 defense and with horrible Special Teams play and and Offensive line that was just plain Horrible, with Coward as coach for 15 years he had more talented teams than Tomlin although Coward had horrible special teams play also and we won 1 Superbowl...I'll take my chances with Tomlin :yesnod:

scudmissile29
07-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Under Tomlin we went 12-4 and won a Superbowl with the toughest schedule that year and with the number 1 defense and with horrible Special Teams play and and Offensive line that was just plain Horrible, with Coward as coach for 15 years he had more talented teams than Tomlin although Coward had horrible special teams play also and we won 1 Superbowl...I'll take my chances with Tomlin :yesnod:

yeah we had the best defense probably since the 1985 bears that year.

KSSteelerfan
07-26-2010, 01:16 PM

Tell us how you really feel about BC.:popcorn:

75Steeler
07-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Tomlin is a great coach! Yes he makes mistakes and his whole "unleash hell" statement came back to haunt him but all in all I think the guy is a hell of a good coach and he respects the position he is in. I have heard him talk in many interviews about how the Steelers orginization is founded on tradition and has the best fan base in all of the NFL.