PDA

View Full Version : Reed says Ravens refused to send him game film

scudmissile29
07-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Revealing exactly how the Ravens haven't given him "support," Ed Reed said the team refused to give him game film when he requested it a couple of weeks ago.

"I had to give an excuse, that's what was told to me," Reed told WBAL on Thursday. "This is the organization that you want me to play for."

He added, "I got the text message to prove it, so this ain't nothing I'm not lying about."

Reed said he was still able to watch old film that he had, which is why he described the incident as "minor."

"But don't treat me like that after I gave my blood, sweat and tears for this guy -- for this organization," Reed said. "I train my tail off. I'm putting my life on line. But I have to give you an excuse to study tape? When I do give you an excuse -- and my excuse is I'm studying tape -- that's not a good enough excuse. But Ed is wrong for asking for a new contract. Come on, man."

Reed continued by saying, "I don't have to be playing for them. I could retire. I don't need the money. They could come and get the money if they want. Money don't make me. Money didn't put me here."

The Ravens are aware of Reed's accusation.

“If this happened, it had to be a misunderstanding of some sort," said Kevin Byrne, the Ravens' senior vice president of public and community relations. "We know Ed is a great student of the game and studies football video all the time. We encourage our players to do this.”

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/07/reed_says_ravens_refused_to_send_him_game_film.htm l

mos07
07-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Good ...drama elsewhere. Hopefully he does retire...

airbrake 1
07-23-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't understand what the ratbirds problem is, isn't he still a member of the team, personally i hope the whole situation in baltimore implodes on them, but the part i love is his quote " i put my life on the line for this team" come on football is a rough game but, I think that statement is a bit over the top while players have been seriousy hurt, I don't recall at least recently anyone dying on the field. Comments like that should be reserved for our men and women in the service fighting for our freedom...GO STEELERS

LarryNJ
07-23-2010, 10:29 PM
" i put my life on the line for this team" come on football is a rough game but, I think that statement is a bit over the top

Is it really that over the top? After all he does have a murderer playing in front of him. :yesnod:

scudmissile29
07-24-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't understand what the ratbirds problem is, isn't he still a member of the team, personally i hope the whole situation in baltimore implodes on them, but the part i love is his quote " i put my life on the line for this team" come on football is a rough game but, I think that statement is a bit over the top while players have been seriousy hurt, I don't recall at least recently anyone dying on the field. Comments like that should be reserved for our men and women in the service fighting for our freedom...GO STEELERS

He's been playing with a seriously bad neck problem for what 3 years now.

airbrake 1
07-24-2010, 10:12 AM
He's been playing with a seriously bad neck problem for what 3 years now.

yeah i know he's been injured but what is their problem with sending him game films as far as i know he is still a member of the team and when he returns wouldn't they want him as up to date as possible. most of the time when players are injured they sit there and vegetate this guy is trying to be ready to go as soon as his body allows it doesn't make sense that the ravens wouldn't want him prepared unless they are thinking about moving ahead without him.

steelersbabex25
07-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Is it really that over the top? After all he does have a murderer playing in front of him. :yesnod:

:hilarious:

scudmissile29
07-24-2010, 03:08 PM
yeah i know he's been injured but what is their problem with sending him game films as far as i know he is still a member of the team and when he returns wouldn't they want him as up to date as possible. most of the time when players are injured they sit there and vegetate this guy is trying to be ready to go as soon as his body allows it doesn't make sense that the ravens wouldn't want him prepared unless they are thinking about moving ahead without him.

The Ravens are retards, think they will be just fine without Reed just like the Jets with Rhodes.

There in for a rude awakening

steelers4life66
07-25-2010, 04:54 AM

Don't forget Donte. They've got 2 murderers in the locker room.:yesnod:

airbrake 1
07-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah i forgot about Donte Stallworth... leaving the ravens stadium could definetly be a life threatening situation....watch out for the Bentley and a guy with a bottle of hennessy. How silly is the justice system that this guy wasn't even made to serve the the whole 30 day sentence he got. This is why people continue to drink and drive there's no harsh punishment. but some people will try to minimize stallworth's responsibility because he gave the family money...so freakin what

scudmissile29
07-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I hope Ryan Clark breaks Donte Stallworths vertebrae and leaves his lifeless cold body on the field to slowly die.

I actually think this may lead Reed to retire.

75Steeler
07-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm all for any drama in the other three teams in the AFC north. As long as it doesn't effect my Steelers I'm happy! Retire or stay another season Reed I don't really care.