PDA

View Full Version : To Pee or Not To Pee....

SteelDad
07-21-2010, 10:10 AM
While the worst off-season in recent memory continues to spiral downward we were reminded recently of just how truly pathetic things can get. In other words, the hits just keep on coming. Take for instance the recent case our troubled QB Ben Roethlisberger who is already been hit with a 4-game suspension and will no doubt face the toughest season of his career when he returns. BR was golfing with some friends in Ohio at Muirfield Village which is one of the only nice spots to exist in that state. Somewhere between the 17th green and 18th tee, BR, errrrrrrrrrr, a member of his group needed to relieve himself and without a port-a-john in sight, choose to use the nearest tree. I'd like to mention the tree was unavailable for this story due to harassment by some nearby pines and oaks so I had to do without. As BR's luck would have it, a woman who lives along the course (she also is a member of the club) spotted someone fitting BR's description urinating on a tree. Holy crap! Call the sex offender hotline!!! We've got someone pissing on the golf course!!

This woman called the pro shop and demanded they be removed from the course. She even wanted to press charges. I can't help but wonder if she would have been willing to do a 'penis lineup' similar to that famous scene from "Porky's." Having been around the game of golf my entire life as a player, official, observer, and coach, I can tell you that while it isn't pretty, chances are every man at some point has taken a squirt somewhere on the golf course. If you've played enough golf, then you've definitely played some local muni where there are holes so far from the clubhouse that you'd need a private jet to get there in order to use the restroom. I'm not saying peeing on the course is a good thing, I'm just saying it happens and happens a lot.

Here is the problem. Early reports stated that BR was the person described by the eagle-eyed woman who called in the horrendous crime. Later, another member of the 4-some said it was he and his 'member' that was urinating on the course. If it indeed was BR, then he is dumb. Plain and simple. Dumb. How many times do you think he has been told "You are under a microscope. You cannot afford to make any missteps whatsoever. All eyes are on you. The slightest mistake could cost you more games missed and more money lost." I'm sure those weren't the exact words, but you get the idea. If it wasn't him, it still matters. Look it how this thing blew up initially. Thankfully, it has died down but BR truly is under 'Zero Tolerance' and we all know how that worked for Bob Knight.

So as the days wind down to training camp I'd like to think BR got the message. That whatever he is doing is being observed. I would also suggest that especially in Ohio, he take even more caution because chances are that woman was a Browns' fan and if anyone knows being pee'd on, she does.

Marc Uhlmann
www.steeleraddicts.com

Check out my new blog (http://uspewsblackngold.wordpress.com)for more Steelers Rants and Current Events Rumblings

PsychoWard
07-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Nice article!! Love the title!! Yea this whole thing is a little ridculouse every guy (and some girls) that have every played golf have done this at least once in there life!!! It just so happend with BR and all the media that he has got over the last year came to bite him yet again! O well like you said at least this one seems to have blown over!

airbrake 1
07-21-2010, 11:01 AM
There's a bunch of uptight people living in this country that think they have a right not to see, hear, smell anything they don't like, 99 percent of people who have golfed have had to do this at one time or another. When she call the police they should have told her to get a life. I'm sure she would have wet herself if it was her in that situation ,people are really becoming absurd. This is almost as bad as the people calling 911 to say they got shorted 1 single McNugget in their 20 piece.

SteelDad
07-21-2010, 03:40 PM
There's a bunch of uptight people living in this country that think they have a right not to see, hear, smell anything they don't like, 99 percent of people who have golfed have had to do this at one time or another. When she call the police they should have told her to get a life. I'm sure she would have wet herself if it was her in that situation ,people are really becoming absurd. This is almost as bad as the people calling 911 to say they got shorted 1 single McNugget in their 20 piece.

Ummmm, actually the 911 call for the missing nugget was placed by me but it was a 50 pack, not 20. No way in hell can I only have 49 nuggets!!!:lol:

Thanks for commenting

--- Added 7/21/2010 at 01:40 PM ---

Nice article!! Love the title!! Yea this whole thing is a little ridculouse every guy (and some girls) that have every played golf have done this at least once in there life!!! It just so happend with BR and all the media that he has got over the last year came to bite him yet again! O well like you said at least this one seems to have blown over!

Thanks PsychoWard! Been on vacation and once I saw this urine-gate thing blow up I knew it was time to write....

steelers4life66
07-23-2010, 08:12 PM
I don't know how many wrote a article about that. I saw it in USAtoday. My first thought (and not cuz I'm a Steelers fan) was, Don't these morons have anything better to report on. I forgot the name of the ace crack that wrote it. IMO he drop a link on the food chain.

mos07
07-23-2010, 08:40 PM
In related stories.....

Jerome Bettis took a crap in a bathroom at the local bowling alley with a missing stall door...
Jeff Reed came out of the 7/11 with his hands ringing wet, pissed as hell......
Joey Porter sat on a catcus in AZ......
Hines Ward blindsided a shoplifter at the end of an aisle at Gaint Eagle.....
Casey Hampton ate the evidence.........

Everyone is right - this stuff is getting truly out of hand - the multimedia age has told me more about my favorite athletes than I ever wanted to know...........I liked my athletes for their performance on the field - I don't need to know all this other crap...

airbrake 1
07-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I wonder how joe namath would haved fare in this day and age of media coverage and uptight people people dissecting every move these athletes make. The 24 news cycle and the internet definetly has overloaded us with drivel thank you ted turner and al gore(internet inventor for those who didn't know)

SteelDad
07-24-2010, 11:00 PM
You guys make excellent points about Broadway Joe in today's world and finding out way too much about our favs today. One thing I learned fortunately is that even our heroes have flaws and if we aren't willing to accept those things then we need to find other hobbies. TB was always my fav and the more I learned about him as i got older, I admit I was a little unsettled. However, dealing with my own **** in adulthood has made me appreciate TB more than ever now so I hope other fans can survive knowing their favorite player may not be the greatest person in the world.

airbrake 1
07-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Terry was treated absolutely horribly in this town. But after a period of time and self reflection he realized he wasn't perfect either and he forgave the people who treated him so badly. The world would be a better place if people were able to look at themselves in the mirror and realize I'm far from perfection and there are plenty of skeletons in my closet. It seems like some people have buried these bones so deep in the closet they forgot they're there... Learn to forgive

SteelDad
07-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Terry was treated absolutely horribly in this town. But after a period of time and self reflection he realized he wasn't perfect either and he forgave the people who treated him so badly. The world would be a better place if people were able to look at themselves in the mirror and realize I'm far from perfection and there are plenty of skeletons in my closet. It seems like some people have buried these bones so deep in the closet they forgot they're there... Learn to forgive

Very well said.:clap:

nuclearchihuahuas
07-25-2010, 06:57 PM

Couldn't agree more! :plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::clap::clap::clap: :yellowthumb::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Love the title dude, still makes me laugh when I read it!

Thanks for the write man, keep up the good work!

SteelDad
07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Love the title dude, still makes me laugh when I read it!

Thanks for the write man, keep up the good work!

Much appreciated! I'm going to be getting out my NFL predictions article soon!