PDA

View Full Version : are you a "real steeler fan"?

xxxsteelernation
07-19-2010, 06:40 PM
http://steelerstoday.com/?p=6036
I just saw this article and it ask what a real steeler fan should act like. What's ur opinion

Black@Gold Forever32
07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
I get asked this all the time since I live in the heart of Bears country and Colts country as of late.......My reply is simple I'm also a Pirates fan.....lol

I was born in Valparaiso, Indiana and live in Michigan City, Indiana....But my parents were born in Monessen, PA.......They moved to Indiana before I was born due to lack of jobs in the Pittsburgh area in the 70s but they raised me to be a Pittsburgh fan as a kid.....My best memories as a kid was going back to visit relatives back in PA and going to Pirates, Steelers, games and Kennywood.......

I find similar stories to mine here in Michigan City.....I run into Steelers fans all the time out here and they usually have ties to Pittsburgh originally.....We even have our own Steelers bar here in Michigan City......

Scorp
07-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Fans of any team act different. Put em all in a stadium and you'll see the many to few differences. I would like to think i root for the Steelers like no other, but not to make all Steelers fans look bad. Just have fun. Good old fashioned fun. Take the wins and losses like a winner and loser.

airbrake 1
07-19-2010, 08:20 PM
There is nothing wrong with questioning the way the team is built or the coaches or management, but when it comes to sundays every steeler fan should be supporting each and EVERY steeler player to have the best day he can possibly have. I have a bad feeling this may not be the case this year. In all years past i would have bet the house that steeler fans were absolutely the most dedicated,loyal fans in the NFL, but my faith was slightly shaken last year and this off season. While attending the games last year at the oakland game there were over 3,200 no shows and the weather wasn't very bad if i remember correctly sunny and in the 20's, but the worst was the green bay game nearly 7,600 no shows granted there was some snow on the ground, which i still don't think is a good reason to not go to the game. But what was worse than the no-shows were the approximately 5,000-10,000 people who started streaming out of the stadium in the fourth quarter. i'm really glad they missed one of the most exciting finishes in steeler history. I really felt bad for the team when they were celebrating in front of nearly 18,000 empty seats, lets pray this doesn't happen again this year. In this day and age of e-mailable tickets empty seats should be a thing of the past... Go STEELERS

steelersbabex25
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with questioning the way the team is built or the coaches or management, but when it comes to sundays every steeler fan should be supporting each and EVERY steeler player to have the best day he can possibly have. I have a bad feeling this may not be the case this year. In all years past i would have bet the house that steeler fans were absolutely the most dedicated,loyal fans in the NFL, but my faith was slightly shaken last year and this off season. While attending the games last year at the oakland game there were over 3,200 no shows and the weather wasn't very bad if i remember correctly sunny and in the 20's, but the worst was the green bay game nearly 7,600 no shows granted there was some snow on the ground, which i still don't think is a good reason to not go to the game. But what was worse than the no-shows were the approximately 5,000-10,000 people who started streaming out of the stadium in the fourth quarter. i'm really glad they missed one of the most exciting finishes in steeler history. I really felt bad for the team when they were celebrating in front of nearly 18,000 empty seats, lets pray this doesn't happen again this year. In this day and age of e-mailable tickets empty seats should be a thing of the past... Go STEELERS

Okay first of all, guess you didn't read the article. Second of all, maybe the reason some fans couldn't go to that Green Bay, such as myself, isn't because there was SOME snow on the ground, but because there was 24 inches of snow on the ground and the Pennsylvania Turnpike was shut down. And if you think that I wasn't about to hitchhike my way to Pittsburgh so I could go to my one game a year (which I missed), you are seriously delusional. Third of all, after the Steelers win a big game like that, I can guarantee you the last thing on their mind is, "gosh, I wish there were more fans here." They don't give a rats *** whether the stadium is sold out or half full. Fourth of all, just like this guy said, nobody has any right to label someone who is a fan or isn't a fan or is a bandwagon fan or a fairweather fan based on what THEY think. Sorry bud, it's not up to you, and to be honest nobody cares about your opinion because at the end of the day, people do what they want. Thanks for your time.

airbrake 1
07-19-2010, 11:23 PM
first off i did read the article... second off there's something wrong if you don't think there's not something wrong with thousands of people filing out of the stadium during a still winable game that still has playoff implications... thirdly The players do care all i ever hear the players say we have the best fans in the world they pack heinz field every week and live and die with the players....never and i mean ever have i heard a steelers player say i don't give a rats *** what the fans feel... fourthly and this is the really sad part like you said people do what they want... exactly it's all about you... not what the teams needs... the world revolves around you and the steelers are just a liitle piece of your universe... Sorry honey you are not the center of the universe...GO STEELERS

steelersbabex25
07-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Dude, people leave games early all the time. Every single team in every single sport in any regular season game, people leave games early. It's called wanting to beat traffic. Not that big of a deal. And I never said the players don't care about the fans, I said they don't care if people leave games early or if the stadium isn't 100% sold-out, because guess what, every game from when they first started to when they end (unless it's the superbowl or a playoff game) people will leave early, who cares? And yeah you're TOTALLY right the universe does revolve around me. Completely forgot I said anything that sounds anything remotely like that..except hey wait I didn't. The Steelers are almost a billion dollar organization, don't really think they need my help with anything.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Well the economy has sucked the last few years and that does factor for some fans........Some people are losing jobs and homes left and right......I love the Steelers but jobs and homes are more important........In 2007 I was laid off and lost a very nice paying job.....That is a big factor in me not attending a game every season.....But I will be getting NFL Sunday Ticket for a 10th straight season so I don't miss one second of Steelers football.....

airbrake 1
07-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Sorry bud, it's not up to you, and to be honest nobody cares about your opinion because at the end of the day, people do what they want.
if this quote "people do what they want" doesn't mean it's not about the team ...it's about what i want... then tell us what it means...god forbid you have to sit in traffic ... poor baby... the way traffic flows out of heinz isn't too bad a lot better than Three rivers stadium

chisteeler
07-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Too many arguments about traffic and being the center of the universe! This is the bottom line...If you cut yourself shaving, or scrape yourself doing yard work, or get that un-expected bloody nose, and you BLEED BLACK & GOLD, THEN... you are a TRUE STEELERS fan. End of story!

Haven't posted in a while...
Thanks

airbrake 1
07-20-2010, 12:20 AM
steelerbabeex25 ...i think you would do better as a jacksonville jaguar fan you could show up for the game late ...leave early...and the players wouldn't care if you were there or not they play to half houses every week... But this is pittsburgh and the players do care if the house is full ..they give their all ...we should give our all... now get on the road to jacksonvillle you can beat the traffic if you hurry... bye honey

xxxsteelernation
07-20-2010, 12:34 AM
wow ok i didn't mean for this to be a knock out drag out fight.

steelersbabex25
07-20-2010, 12:50 AM
steelerbabeex25 ...i think you would do better as a jacksonville jaguar fan you could show up for the game late ...leave early...and the players wouldn't care if you were there or not they play to half houses every week... But this is pittsburgh and the players do care if the house is full ..they give their all ...we should give our all... now get on the road to jacksonvillle you can beat the traffic if you hurry... bye honey

AWESOME. Thanks so much for the words of wisdom. I'm sure Jaguars fans aren't half as obnoxious as some Steeler fans. :yellowthumb:

Oh and also..much appreciated if you would stop calling me honey. As far as I know, you are not my grandmother. Thanks bro.

--- Added 7/19/2010 at 10:50 PM ---

wow ok i didn't mean for this to be a knock out drag out fight.

Yeah no worries. It was a good post..totally agree with the article.

KSSteelerfan
07-20-2010, 03:25 AM
I believe that I am a Steelers fan.....:gs:and I'm proud to be a part of Steeler Planet!!!:yellowthumb:

airbrake 1
07-20-2010, 07:21 AM
. Sorry bud, it's not up to you, hi sweetheart you called me bud thats why i called you honey, my original post never said anything about you ... but thats what seperates the steeler nation from every other franchise's fans... we dont give up on our team while there's still a chance to win the game and head for the door, i laugh every time i watch a game for another team and the upper deck is half full. I guess you think they're fan base is as good as the steelers. I know it hurts to be exposed , you sound like you have a guilty conscience,but it's for you own good perhaps someday...endeavor to persevere

C7Bvk70VsI4

steelersbabex25
07-20-2010, 08:24 AM
hi sweetheart you called me bud thats why i called you honey, my original post never said anything about you ... but thats what seperates the steeler nation from every other franchise's fans... we dont give up on our team while there's still a chance to win the game and head for the door, i laugh every time i watch a game for another team and the upper deck is half full. I guess you think they're fan base is as good as the steelers. I know it hurts to be exposed , you sound like you have a guilty conscience,but it's for you own good perhaps someday...endeavor to persevere

You're TOTALLY right. I have such a guilty conscience.

airbrake 1
07-20-2010, 08:58 AM
i guess you turn off the TV at crunch time also

steelersbabex25
07-20-2010, 09:02 AM
i guess you turn off the TV at crunch time also

Hey you know what, I totally do! Guess I'm not a true fan. Wow. Thanks so much for helping me find my true self.

airbrake 1
07-20-2010, 09:35 AM
good that your comfortable in your own skin...damn this is like clubbing baby seals

--- Added 7/20/2010 at 07:35 AM ---

steelerbabeex25 ..i think you will feel much better when you get that foam bone on your head.

KSSteelerfan
07-20-2010, 01:28 PM
good that your comfortable in your own skin...damn this is like clubbing baby seals

--- Added 7/20/2010 at 07:35 AM ---

steelerbabeex25 ..i think you will feel much better when you get that foam bone on your head.

Seriously your arguing with Steelers Babe about what the definition of a true fan is? Dude do you have that much time on your hands? Let it go. Seriously. In the big picture of life this whole argument is nothing more than an ant on an ant hill. It's sad to see that it makes you feel so much better to argue over nothing and be delusional enough to think that your winning Airbrake1.:nono:

steelersbabex25
07-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Dude I'm not even responding to you anymore and you keep going. I haven't taken into account a single thing you've said, so it's time to stop.

Silverback
07-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Pretty sure this airbrake guy is the reason this article was written. You cant denounce other people of their fanhood, especially for such stupid reasons. That jacksonville comment was straight out of my 12 year old brothers mouth. Has training camp started yet....

K Train
07-20-2010, 03:22 PM
I saw this behavior repeated over and over on my own blog, on my Facebook page, and on Steelers message boards throughout the internet.

“A REAL Steelers fan wouldn’t question the coaches!” “A REAL Steelers fan trusts the Rooneys!” “A REAL Steelers fan wouldn’t complain about losses!” “Those of you who complain need to leave Steeler Nation and become Ravens fans!”
this guy has some of you pin pointed to perfection lol

The reason that a fan complains about Bruce Arians play calling is that he thinks the Steelers would have a better chance of winning if they ran the ball more
yeah except the ones that want that are living in the past, the ones that complain about arians because hes a **** poor play caller and gameplanner in general are the ones that know what they are talking about and trhe rest are the smashmouth rah rah rah give it to a powerback and grind it out like bettis can be found on the streets

The reason a fan complains about the Steelers’ draft picks is because they think the team would have a better chance of winning if they had chosen a different player.
i love this guy

The very fact that these fans take the time to analyze the play calling, or to study potential draft picks, proves that they ARE fans. They care about the team. They’re passionate. They want to see them do well.
he gets me all fired up when he talks like this, never ever ever would i be the guy to make a post "6 championships they know what they are doing i trust this is the best move" when clearly its an idiotic one

i wasnt gonna read the article but it was better than i thought it would be lol

ejsteeler
07-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I liked the article. I'll be the fan I want to be and to he!! with what others think. Yep, that sounds good. :yesnod: :cope:

--- Added 7/20/2010 at 01:56 PM ---

yeah except the ones that want that are living in the past, the ones that complain about arians because hes a **** poor play caller and gameplanner in general are the ones that know what they are talking about and trhe rest are the smashmouth rah rah rah give it to a powerback and grind it out like bettis can be found on the streets

Don't think for a minute his analysis doesn't include you dude. :nono: His whole point was against what you said in that paragraph. Know it all's ruin it more than anything in my mind.

K Train
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I liked the article. I'll be the fan I want to be and to he!! with what others think. Yep, that sounds good. :yesnod: :cope:

--- Added 7/20/2010 at 01:56 PM ---

Don't think for a minute his analysis doesn't include you dude. :nono: His whole point was against what you said in that paragraph. Know it all's ruin it more than anything in my mind.

i know i was included in it, im so happy i was. i cant help it that i do in fact know everything, but rah rah homer cheerleaders ruin it for me so i guess it goes both ways. i cant stand when people cant be realistic and the steelers are the greatest at everything no matter what they do

Scorp
07-20-2010, 06:18 PM
the steelers are the greatest at everything no matter what they do

Damn straight Bro. :yellowthumb:

ejsteeler
07-20-2010, 06:34 PM
:lol:
Damn straight Bro. :yellowthumb:

--- Added 7/20/2010 at 04:34 PM ---

i know i was included in it, im so happy i was. i cant help it that i do in fact know everything, but rah rah homer cheerleaders ruin it for me so i guess it goes both ways. i cant stand when people cant be realistic and the steelers are the greatest at everything no matter what they do

Sorry our opinions are unrealistic to you man. And for the record, I know of no one on this site that fits the "Steelers can do no wrong" mindset. Just the "You people are stupid and I'm not" mindset like you have.
But hey, it's all good. It takes all kinds and that means both of our kinds is needed. :yellowthumb:

airbrake 1
07-20-2010, 06:45 PM
KSS i'm glad to see you also think it's acceptable to leave a game at crunch time,and i'm sure you're going to say the 10,000 people streaming out of the stadium during the fourth quarter got calls that their kids were hit by cars and in the hospital... you probably are leaving with her probalbly to go defrag your computer or you realized the grandfather clock needed winding... yeah those thing are better than watching the end of the green bay game... Traffic is the sorriest excuse anyone could come up with to leave with the outcome of the game still in balance not to mention our dying playoff hopes... but i guess that not important to you ... go wind that clock... Why the hell even go if not to see the end of the game... I understand the jacksonville quote hurt but if the shoe fits wear it... and lastly to all this bleed black and gold hyperbole, in your eyes the 10,000 people who left the green bay game early bleed black and gold i guess, if that's the dedication you need to bleed black and gold ,i'm happy to bleed blood red like any true american... i know it hurts

K Train
07-20-2010, 07:05 PM
:lol:

--- Added 7/20/2010 at 04:34 PM ---

Sorry our opinions are unrealistic to you man. And for the record, I know of no one on this site that fits the "Steelers can do no wrong" mindset. Just the "You people are stupid and I'm not" mindset like you have.
But hey, it's all good. It takes all kinds and that means both of our kinds is needed. :yellowthumb:

i could find at least a dozen steelers do no wrong posters here and this board isnt even bad with homers.

and ive never said anyone (or close to anyone) was stupid, and i dont think i am a better fan than anyone by any means at all but steelers fans give steelers fans a bad name as far as homers and front runners go...those are things i try to avoid being lumped in as. im very passionate about the team and this sport as a whole but im also not just gonna blindly cheer for everything they do

steelersbabex25
07-20-2010, 07:34 PM
KSS i'm glad to see you also think it's acceptable to leave a game at crunch time,and i'm sure you're going to say the 10,000 people streaming out of the stadium during the fourth quarter got calls that their kids were hit by cars and in the hospital... you probably are leaving with her probalbly to go defrag your computer or you realized the grandfather clock needed winding... yeah those thing are better than watching the end of the green bay game... Traffic is the sorriest excuse anyone could come up with to leave with the outcome of the game still in balance not to mention our dying playoff hopes... but i guess that not important to you ... go wind that clock... Why the hell even go if not to see the end of the game... I understand the jacksonville quote hurt but if the shoe fits wear it... and lastly to all this bleed black and gold hyperbole, in your eyes the 10,000 people who left the green bay game early bleed black and gold i guess, if that's the dedication you need to bleed black and gold ,i'm happy to bleed blood red like any true american... i know it hurts

You are not even making sense anymore. Kids getting hit by cars? What are you even talking about?

airbrake 1
07-20-2010, 07:45 PM
enuff said ..some people are just above taking constructive criticism.... ignorance is bliss

steelersbabex25
07-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe because some people shouldn't be criticizing.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-20-2010, 08:34 PM
i could find at least a dozen steelers do no wrong posters here and this board isnt even bad with homers.

and ive never said anyone (or close to anyone) was stupid, and i dont think i am a better fan than anyone by any means at all but steelers fans give steelers fans a bad name as far as homers and front runners go...those are things i try to avoid being lumped in as. im very passionate about the team and this sport as a whole but im also not just gonna blindly cheer for everything they do

Ktrain I understand 100 percent about homers and I even agree with you somewhat.....lol But dude there is homers in every fan base....lol

Try living among Chicago homers...lol You think Steelers homers are bad.......Dude there is nothing more sad then Cubs, Bears, Blackhawks, and Bulls homers....lol I didn't mention the White Sox since really Chicago can give a flying rats *** about the Sox.....lol

I'm a Bulls fan and I was one of the many Bulls fans that wanted King James in Chicago.......Dude as soon as James signed with the Heat the majority of Bulls fans are now talking **** on LeBron.....:lol: I'm not and it was LeBron's god given right to sign with the Heat.....The only fans that should be upset are the Cavs fans....lol

I pissed a bunch of Bulls fans today at work....A couple Bulls fans brought up about Jordan knocking LeBron....Jordan is my favorite athlete of alltime but I said **** Jordan....lol You should have seen their faces?.......:lol: Jordan should shut the **** up since he doesn't play anymore....lol

Going back to football I also live among a ton of Colts homers and Peyton Manning is the greatest thing since slice bread and walks on water....That **** just makes me want to kill myself......:lol:

K Train
07-20-2010, 09:23 PM
lol i know, i live in philly its a **** hole here and once the flyers lost everyone went back to pretending to care about the phillies....thats not my point though, other teams homer ball lickers dont bother me as much as steeler ones especially since the steelers are notorious for homer fans that believe the 70s teams were the be all end all of all sports, those people are impossible to have a conversation with to me. i understand that people may feel the same way about me with my method of radical criticism, especially when it comes to the draft but it doesnt bother me.

i dont know maybe im a weird fan, i honestly hate about a 5th of the steelers roster, i do not expect them to win every year despite watching and rooting week in and week out, i cant flip the **** out over a fumble or a pick because i played and **** like that does happen....but i will flip out about poor drafting because its something thats controlled and something im passionate about, i will flip out about poor play calling because its controlled. i guess its all a fine line with me

Stlrs4Life
07-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Pretty accurate blog.

airbrake 1
07-21-2010, 01:16 AM
ok then just don't say you are a diehard ,bleeding black and gold fan .. Damn just say the truth that you are a casual fan and no one would say a thing. I don't have a problem with casual fans we need those also.There is a massive chasm between a diehard and casaul fan period.

KSSteelerfan
07-21-2010, 02:47 AM

Sorry are you a ventriloquist? You seem to be putting a lot of words in my mouth that I never uttered. You blindly missed the whole point of my post. Why are you questioning anyone's fandom? So what if someone leaves early. Last I checked that doesn't make them any less of a fan than you. You really have a bad habit of reading into things that are not there. Thank God your not a moderator......anyone disagreeing with you would be banned immediately. Does it really matter that much to you that other people don't have exactly the same opinion that you do? I'm done explaining this. :duh:

airbrake 1
07-21-2010, 07:27 AM
It's really sad to see that parts of the steeler nation are beyond listening to constructive criticism. In my life my best friends were the ones who pointed out my shortcomings. am i above criticism ABSOLUTELY not fire away. If it makes me a better person i will thank you greatly. Has the steeler nation become a bunch of milquetoasts. The post asked for peoples opinions ,i gave mine and this woman started attacking me as i see it.

steelersbabex25
07-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Oh see but constructive criticism coming from my friends and constuctive criticism coming from you are 2 completely different things. And I never attacked you..simply pointed out that your point was moot.

airbrake 1
07-21-2010, 08:39 AM
I though that just by being part of the steeler nation made us friends, i guess just because we have differing opinions makes me a bad person. All i'm trying to point out is that there are lousy fans. I once knew a guy that said he loved the steelers but he had an uncle who lived in cincinnati when visiting the said uncle he would don bengals gear and act like a giant bengals fan to fit in... BAD FAN... CANT WE ALL GET ALONG

SteelCityKid5
07-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Is the cat fight over yet? I had to sit this one out.

coldrolled
07-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I though that just by being part of the steeler nation made us friends, i guess just because we have differing opinions makes me a bad person. All i'm trying to point out is that there are lousy fans. I once knew a guy that said he loved the steelers but he had an uncle who lived in cincinnati when visiting the said uncle he would don bengals gear and act like a giant bengals fan to fit in... BAD FAN... CANT WE ALL GET ALONG

in 1984 my brother and I sat in our black and gold jerseys in the center of the the dawg pound area in cleveland stadium.. we had our steelers penant from SB IX waving, but didnt have a terrible towel with us.

they burned our penant from behind us.. it still hangs in my brothers room half burned.

:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2010, 11:24 AM
yes the cat fight is officially over, call yourself a die hard or a casual fan, it doesn't really matter. You like the Steelers, cheer how you want, just don't be a douche about it and it's all good :D

Scorp
07-21-2010, 01:34 PM
yes the cat fight is officially over, call yourself a die hard or a casual fan, it doesn't really matter. You like the Steelers, cheer how you want, just don't be a douche about it and it's all good :D

I couldn't have said it better myself. :yellowthumb:

Steelers_All_Day_43
07-21-2010, 03:36 PM
I support EVERY STEELER PLAYER no matter how they do that week. If they dont have a good game, I'll root for them to do even better next week.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
lol i know, i live in philly its a **** hole here and once the flyers lost everyone went back to pretending to care about the phillies....thats not my point though, other teams homer ball lickers dont bother me as much as steeler ones especially since the steelers are notorious for homer fans that believe the 70s teams were the be all end all of all sports, those people are impossible to have a conversation with to me. i understand that people may feel the same way about me with my method of radical criticism, especially when it comes to the draft but it doesnt bother me.

i dont know maybe im a weird fan, i honestly hate about a 5th of the steelers roster, i do not expect them to win every year despite watching and rooting week in and week out, i cant flip the **** out over a fumble or a pick because i played and **** like that does happen....but i will flip out about poor drafting because its something thats controlled and something im passionate about, i will flip out about poor play calling because its controlled. i guess its all a fine line with me

Well at least the Steel Curtain won four Super Bowls....lol These old Bears fans out here continue to live in 1985.....Dude you should these old farts out here its 85 Bears this and 85 Bears that.......:lol:

I don't think you're a weird fan....I know you're a diehard Steelers fans and that makes you a homer to me.....When you're a diehard then you're a homer....But you're not a blind homer.......I hear you on the 70 Steelers big time....My Grandpa and Uncles never let that **** down.....Drove me nuts until the Steelers finally won two Super Bowl this decade.....Every year I had to hear well these current Steelers will never be on the level on the Steel Curtain....blah blah blah.....I respect what those teams did but I don't give a flying rats *** about them.....:lol: I wasn't alive in that era......lol

That is how I look at our fan base......I have no problem with you at all being critical....I can be critical at times.....I'm with you about hating players......There is players that I hate on this roster as well......lol

BlackGold4vr
07-21-2010, 04:32 PM
The topic of this thread made me laugh. It hearkened me back to the schoolyard days of "my dad can beat up your dad" arguments. How silly and remarkably immature this thread is. If you are an old timer like me who has witnessed ALL the SB's this just means that you are closer to joining some of those old legends on "the other side". Some define a "real" fan as someone who never critisizes the team and thinks every move they make is genius. Others define a "real" fan as one who has endured many years of cheering for a "losing" team to prove ones fanship (otherwise you might be tagged with the dreaded "bandwagon" label). Who cares about all this s#@t. My kids are 6 and 7 and are being groomed as the next generation of Steeler Addicts and they cheer almost as rabidly as I do when we watch the games together. Is it that we have such a large fanbase now that we must segregate ourselves into groups according to fanaticism for the team? Ridiculous! Any Steeler fan would be welcome at my house to grab a seat and a beer and enjoy a game with me. No litmus test needed!

:helmet:

Ps. I would even watch a game with ICS as long as we agreed to not talk about politics!

ejsteeler
07-21-2010, 08:10 PM
The topic of this thread made me laugh. It hearkened me back to the schoolyard days of "my dad can beat up your dad" arguments. How silly and remarkably immature this thread is. If you are an old timer like me who has witnessed ALL the SB's this just means that you are closer to joining some of those old legends on "the other side". Some define a "real" fan as someone who never critisizes the team and thinks every move they make is genius. Others define a "real" fan as one who has endured many years of cheering for a "losing" team to prove ones fanship (otherwise you might be tagged with the dreaded "bandwagon" label). Who cares about all this s#@t. My kids are 6 and 7 and are being groomed as the next generation of Steeler Addicts and they cheer almost as rabidly as I do when we watch the games together. Is it that we have such a large fanbase now that we must segregate ourselves into groups according to fanaticism for the team? Ridiculous! Any Steeler fan would be welcome at my house to grab a seat and a beer and enjoy a game with me. No litmus test needed!

:helmet:

Ps. I would even watch a game with ICS as long as we agreed to not talk about politics!

:clap: :yellowthumb: I agree with everything except that last part......
j/k ICS, had to poke.....:banana:

Dobre Shunka
07-22-2010, 02:27 AM
More cowbell! More Airbrake!

Just what this place needs.:clap:

:reddevil:

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-23-2010, 11:20 PM
R you? Hey, jus kiddin. Can't wait to get this show on the road. LOL I am back and IMO that makes me a fan. Ready for the season win, loose or draw. Hope like hell it's a win. Wuz that article retarded?

Dean Denton
07-24-2010, 05:55 AM
More cowbell! More Airbrake!

Just what this place needs.:clap:

:reddevil:Nice ***, I could set my drink on that bad boy.

Dobre Shunka
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
:nono: