PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts

xxxsteelernation
07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
djtommygunnz (7/13/2010 at 8:09 PM) Report Violation Typical Steelers Fans, never want to admit their team has weaknesses, but always make excuses why they didn't win. I go to bars every week to watch football with lots Steelers Fans from PA. Every game it happens...when Foster, Morris, Bettis, Parker, etc run for a TD...everyone stands up & cheers. Then, when those guys fumble or get stuffed...they call them stupid n*****s. The most racist selfish fans in the world...Steelers Fans. It's really funny when I hear the fans say how much more professional the Steelers organization is than every other team. Hahahaha!! Ya'll get in just as much trouble as everyone else.

This was posted on the comments area on the blog for the extenion for tomlin..
i know were hard on the steelers because we expect perfection. Just because other team are just happy they have a winning season we expect to win the super bowl everyyear.
what are your thoughts?

DanRooney
07-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Steeler fans don't expect a SB every year. They hope to get there when we have the talent to do so. But on the same note, Steeler fans also don't expect to score 6 points and lose to the Cleveland Browns after their head coach says he's going to "unleash hell."

75Steeler
07-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I have no opinion on this person's comments.Do they still think Bettis is playing? Plus look at the screen name DJtommyguns? Really? are they 4 years old?

steelersbabex25
07-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Isn't that how every fan is? You cheer for players when they do something good and say they're a piece of $hit when they do something wrong. Hey, emotions run high during a game. I can't control what I say. I don't see how that makes Steelers fans anymore racist (?) or selfish than any other football fan.

Zachintosh66
07-13-2010, 10:11 PM
n*****s.

Noodles? :lol:

Typical Steelers Fans, never want to admit their team has weaknesses, but always make excuses why they didn't win.

There are quite a few on here... :lol:

Steeler fans don't expect a SB every year. They hope to get there when we have the talent to do so. But on the same note, Steeler fans also don't expect to score 6 points and lose to the Cleveland Browns after their head coach says he's going to "unleash hell."

True... True... True

I personally go into every week thinking we can and should win. Some games I know will be harder than others, but we still should get the "W". However, I wish I had a quarter for every time I called Willie Gay and Tyrone Carter a bum (or worse) last year!

mos07
07-13-2010, 11:16 PM
No way anyone should waste time typing about this idiot's post as I am (not you xxxsteelernation but the one you referenced) - unbelievable and what the hell does that comment have to do with Coach Tomlin's extension??????????????

Dean Denton
07-14-2010, 12:53 AM
For me, its never been about how fans act or Superbowls won. My love for this team has come from the integrity that has always come from the top, down through to the players. I would rather be a good football team, and not win a Superbowl, kinda like what when on for 25 years, then win a Sb with a QB that really seems to care for no one other than himself. I know no one on this forum will agree with me, but I dont care. I know Ben is a top 5 QB in this league that can not be replaced....But I would not care to see him go at this point. This team has fired players for a lot less, and to me, Ben has brought more negative attention to this team and its fans then any player I can ever think of. I dont care that he was found not guilty. Close your eyes and think about that girl being your sister or daughter, and you will sing a different tune. So do I care if there are fans that hop on and off and bitch and moan about the way a player plays? No, not at all. Have I been one of those fans that make excuses for a poor performance...Yes...but the question should really be, how long can you go on making excuses for off the field bull $hit? When is enough, enough, and what does your heart tell you about the way players for the Steelers should conduct themselves off the field? To me thats where the bar should be held the highest.

Big T
07-14-2010, 01:00 AM
I love when people put all steelers fans in one category. we are all racist? ok lol. I do know what he's saying though (to an extent). there are a lot of douche bag steelers fans. but that could be said of any team. I dont know man...let the haters hate ;)

K Train
07-14-2010, 08:55 AM
i personally hate most steeler fans, they are an embarrassment to me. i mean some of you are alright lol

i love the steelers, football is such a big passion of mine but im not a homer. if the steelers make a dumbass move i certainly wont go with the "la la la la di da di da i <3 the steelers sooooo sooooo much and i cant not like any of the players and i HAVE to trust the steelers front office because they are DA BEST and won 6 superbowls....wooooo 70s, woooooo steelers smashmouth football wooooo woooooo wooooo" mentality, i puked in my mouth a little bit typing that.

if you talk to a casual fan from or not from pittsburgh (and some of you) thats the kind of response you get. In reality this is not a good team right now, it could end up being one but there are some issues with the current roster and coaching staff. Tomlin is a pussy, arians has no business being on his staff and he choked when it came to letting him go. tomlin really failed at drafting in the evander hood fiasco year...the only one that will be worth anything is mike wallace and hopefully one of those corners (keenan lewis perhaps) every other pick was a continual fail after fail from hood to urbik, to summers, to shipley.

the team just couldnt bite the bullet and sign flo when we so clearly need him, mendenhall was poised for a monster year (he was best running behind colon and a bum RG, he could have blown up running behind pouncey and colon) flo is a dominating run blocker and perfectly suited for pass blocking as a RT in this stage of his career.

also tomlin brought in cowhers boys which is a ****ing awful move. el was mediocre at best 5 years ago, hes a shadow of that player at this point. foote is ok depth i suppose, im glad to see mcfadden back but letting him go in the first place was extremely questionable...hes terrific in coverage, hes the best tackling corner in the league and has good ball skills

i like tomlin, i do...but hes not running this team with the iron fist the media implies.

i could see the steelers winning the superbowl but i could see them missing the playoffs. honestly i think they will do alright without ben for the first month, and then i really think ben will go ape **** and play out of his mind. this is also a team that could miss the playoffs and pick in the top ten due to poor roster moves and even poorer play calling. the fact remains that no team wants to meet a roethlisberger led steelers team in the playoffs

not all steelers fans are racist, im sure alot are but go to dallas and tell me alot of cowboys fans arent. theres a TON of homer steeler fans and a ton of front runners....bot are equally awful to talk to about anything. the blind faith in the steelers front office is the one that baffles me the most out of any homeristic steeler fan quality. i jsut dont get how even being a spoiled sports fan like pittsburgh has been the last decade how you cant possibly not like a move, just stupid to me

LarryNJ
07-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Isn't that how every fan is? You cheer for players when they do something good and say they're a piece of $hit when they do something wrong.

Maybe not in Kansas City but definitely in Pgh. Philly, NY, Boston, and any other place with passionate fans.

Real Deal Steel
07-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Just another hater. Nothing to see here. Just move on.