PDA

View Full Version : Rumors fly of new Roethlisberger golf course incident - **Update 7/13, It wasn't Ben!

TampaSteelGirl
07-13-2010, 12:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/13/rumors-fly-of-new-roethlisberger-golf-course-incident/

Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2010 11:19 AM ET
We've received multiple e-mails over the past two days from folks sharing rumors of a new incident involving Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and a body part other than his heart.

As the rumor goes (and it's spreading quickly), Roethlisberger was golfing in Columbus, Ohio, and he urinated on the course. Though it's not an uncommon event (I guess I can admit to it now since I haven't golfed in at least 14 years, which likely exceeds all applicable statutes of limitation), the complicating factor in this case arose from the fact (supposedly) that a woman witnessed the incident, that she complained about it, and that she now wants to press charges.

We've temporarily donned our journalism fedora (it even has a card sticking out of the ribbon that says "PRESS"), and we've learned from a source close to Roethlisberger that he was indeed golfing in Columbus, Ohio but that another member of his foursome peed under a tree, prompting a complaint from a woman.

Per the source, Roethlisberger got involved and helped to calm the woman down. (Hopefully, not with shots.)

So while, for now, it appears that Roethlisberger won't have to whip out the uromysitisis poisoning defense in order to avoid further scrutiny from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Ben may not be out of the woods. Just like the Mike Vick bang-bang birthday party, the incident can attract the kind of scrutiny that potentially leads to information prompting further punishment from Goodell -- or, possibly, a decision not to reduce Roethlisberger's suspension from six games to four.

Sweet Jesus..this is getting ridiculous!!!!!

Dobre Shunka
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Ben once farted down wind of a woman at that course, just once though, and to his credit he apologized profusely after the "incident".

KSSteelerfan
07-13-2010, 02:12 PM
So let me get this straight...Bens out golfing...minding his own business...and still gets accused of showing off his nine iron again so to speak...but then again its rumored that one of his golfing buddies was actually the perp that pulled out a 7 iron and Ben was trying to defuse the situation.....something just doesn't add up here.....was this woman hired by an opponent within the division to get BB the 6 gamer suspension? Or is this an opportunistic gold-bricker who works there? or is Ben really this dumb?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Guess what, Ben just burped on his front porch and a member of "mothers against burping in public" heard it and wants to press charges! :evilshake:

oh and btw... case closed.. Just another reason why PFT is a joke!

PITTSBURGH -- Police in Dublin, Ohio, have confirmed they investigated a complaint that a member of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisbergerís golf foursome was caught urinating behind a tree while hitting the links, according to Channel 11ís news exchange partners at TribLive (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_690211.html).However, Dublin police said they didnít issue any citations after investigating the alleged incident, the Trib reported. The female property owner didn't want to press charges.Roethlisberger was not the person seen urinating Thursday afternoon between the 17th and 18th holes and the country club agreed to handle the matter by reminding members to use restrooms, according to the police.An earlier report on ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/13/rumors-fly-of-new-roethlisberger-golf-course-incident/) suggested Roethlisberger might have been the culprit, but that appears to not have been the case.A source close to Roethlisberger confirmed with the site that he was golfing in Columbus but that it wasnít the QB who urinated under a tree, rather another in the group.Currently, Roethlisberger is serving a four to six game suspension for violating the NFLís personal conduct policy. A 20-year-old Georgia college student accused Roethlisberger earlier this year of sexually assaulting her. No charges were filed against him.

steelersbabex25
07-13-2010, 02:39 PM
News for 7/14/10- Today Ben Roethlisberger said, "hello" to a woman who is now pressing charges for sexual assault because he got too close to her.

--- Added 7/13/2010 at 01:39 PM ---

No charges were filed against him.

Makes me madder and madder everytime I see it.

Zachintosh66
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
**** im guilty too... anyone who does or has golfed has more than likely done this, ridiculous!

LarryNJ
07-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Roethlisberger got involved and helped to calm the woman down. (Hopefully, not with shots.)

Now that's a pretty good line.

75Steeler
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
This is such bullshit golfers **** on the golfcourse....been happening since golf was invented. I know golfers who carry TP in their golfbags just in case they have to drop a deuce. The funny part is it wasn't even Ben! :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I personally think Ben should sue everyone for slander who writes crap like this!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Wait a minute, hold the hold phone, stop the presses. Ben just drank Kool-aid and a child nearby screamed because he couldn't have any so the parents are pressing charges! :bonk:

mos07
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
As stupid, idiotic, and non-newswothy as this is ....it is a sad realization that everywhere he goes and everything he does will be under a microscope - he best walk the straight and narrow - people are looking for a reason to throw him under the bus......

LatrobePA
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
This in my backyard....Silly **** really!

I was fishing once and walked in on a guy pooping....I never thought to sue!

Bucsfan4ever
07-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Damn, I just heard this on the car radio coming home from eating out...it said it was Ben and made no mention of the possibility of it being someone else...they said it as if it was a fact. Couldn't wait to get onto SA...this is bad when they're broadcasting it clear down here in Florida without getting the facts!

MattyVfromCT
07-13-2010, 07:29 PM
oh and btw... case closed.. Just another reason why PFT is a joke!

reason #1 why pft is pure garbage: MIKE "I'M A CRYBABY STEELER HATER" FLORIO! NUFF SAID!

--- Added 7/13/2010 at 06:29 PM ---

Wait a minute, hold the hold phone, stop the presses. Ben just drank Kool-aid and a child nearby screamed because he couldn't have any so the parents are pressing charges! :bonk:

LMAO! also LMAO @ zachintosh's new signature. PURE GENIUS!

nuclearchihuahuas
07-13-2010, 07:59 PM
OMG! A man urinated in public! Quick call the pee police!

--- Added 7/13/2010 at 06:58 PM ---

:lol: :grin1:

--- Added 7/13/2010 at 06:59 PM ---

This in my backyard....Silly **** really!

I was fishing once and walked in on a guy pooping....I never thought to sue!

Well HELL--what were you thinking? Get out there and pick up the **** and go get your money!!!!! :stirpot: :lol:

xxxsteelernation
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
you know at this point ben just needs to stay in his house until training camp begins. not even to the supermarket. some woman at the giant eagle might see him squeezing oranges to see if they are good and accuse him of sexual misconduct.

nuclearchihuahuas
07-13-2010, 11:56 PM
you know at this point ben just needs to stay in his house until training camp begins. not even to the supermarket. some woman at the giant eagle might see him squeezing oranges to see if they are good and accuse him of sexual misconduct.

:yellowthumb::grin1: sooo true and way too funny!

coldrolled
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Shaun Rogers

Rogers, 31, will be required to complete a 10-hour weapons course and complete 40 hours of community service. Upon completion, the felony charges will be dropped. He will also take it upon himself to talk to children in the Cleveland School District about getting to and staying in school.

"Shaun is appreciative of the consideration he received in this case," his attorney, Patrick D'Angelo, told The Plain Dealer. "He understands this is a serious matter, and he wanted to assure everyone that he did not act intentionally in this case."

Rogers told airport security that he forgot he had the loaded .45 gun in his handbag.

"I'm hopeful and confident that Shaun will complete the program successfully and that this will be expunged from his record," said D'Angelo.

The Browns are still awaiting word on whether or not Rogers will be disciplined by the NFL under terms of its personal conduct policy. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an email, "Now that the matter has been resolved in court, it is being reviewed under our policies."

A Felony.. Guilty...

We shall see.

LatrobePA
07-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Big fat Rogers will get a tap on the hand....Now if he had his pecker out and or talked to a woman at the same time his *** would be toast!

DIESELMAN
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
As stupid, idiotic, and non-newswothy as this is ....it is a sad realization that everywhere he goes and everything he does will be under a microscope - he best walk the straight and narrow - people are looking for a reason to throw him under the bus......
Exactly!! :plus1:

KSSteelerfan
07-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote of the week!!:plus1:

xxxsteelernation
07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Shaun Rogers

Rogers, 31, will be required to complete a 10-hour weapons course and complete 40 hours of community service. Upon completion, the felony charges will be dropped. He will also take it upon himself to talk to children in the Cleveland School District about getting to and staying in school.

"Shaun is appreciative of the consideration he received in this case," his attorney, Patrick D'Angelo, told The Plain Dealer. "He understands this is a serious matter, and he wanted to assure everyone that he did not act intentionally in this case."

Rogers told airport security that he forgot he had the loaded .45 gun in his handbag.

"I'm hopeful and confident that Shaun will complete the program successfully and that this will be expunged from his record," said D'Angelo.

The Browns are still awaiting word on whether or not Rogers will be disciplined by the NFL under terms of its personal conduct policy. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an email, "Now that the matter has been resolved in court, it is being reviewed under our policies."

A Felony.. Guilty...

We shall see.

I hate when the courts require a star that had dones something illigal to talk to kids. Yea thats who i want talking to my kids is a criminal who got caught and is forced to talk to the kids. More insperational is ones like Heines, who do it becuse they want to and care.

StlersGuy
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
If it was Ben that home owner should be happy after all Ben just watered :whiz: her tree for her. :lol:

only in Dublin would this be an issue if you guys/gals have not seem this place where this was to happen the homes go for 600,000 to 800,000 and the people that live there think there :stirpot: dont stink...

Clevelandsux
07-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Probably A browns or Bengals fan. I live right behind a golf course and I see guys pissing in the weeds all the time.