PDA

View Full Version : Something about the O line that I haven't seen

Dallas Burgher
07-06-2010, 03:45 PM
considered. That is the new coach. From everything that I have read about him he must be a real motivator. If that is so some people that have not done much so far may turn out better than we initially thought. I am thinking of Urbik and Hill but maybe others also. Look at what Cowher did his first year with the Steelers. Hopefully I am right but we will see.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah this guys did a lot with Buffalo last year considering he had next to nothing to work with. From what I've read his a motivator, a big energy guy, and loves to run the football. That's what we need, to get some attitude back into this line.

Steelers_All_Day_43
07-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Nice to hear.

K Train
07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
as long as hartwig is the center this is a mediocre group at best, doesnt matter how motivated he gets them its a sorry group of misfits but hartwig manages to make them all much worse

BlitzburghRockCity
07-07-2010, 10:24 AM
It could be worse, we could have Mahan back there :evilshake: Im really hoping they bite the bullet and stick Pouncey in there right off the bat. He's your top pick and the future at Center. Hartwig was actually pretty decent at Center for the first half of the year. The line was seemingly getting better each week and the main pressure was coming from the outside, not up the middle. Then as the year went on the middle started to collapse too and Hartwig became a turnstyle.

At this point with no true RT that isn't on some injured list, our options are limited unless they go out and get some one. I hate that this team plays musical lineman every freekin time!!!!

K Train
07-07-2010, 10:40 AM
i never heard "true RT" before, a RT has always been the tackle that cant be a LT. Colon wasnt a true RT either, he was a RG.

scott and foster can make that a lateral move imo, as they are more true tackles than colon. i wish they would just sign flo and make the problem go away

Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Foster, Flozell

thats a stud line, not misfits

then let the backups be

Essex, Urbik, Legursky, Hills, Scott

cut ties with hartwig, hes ****ing worthless

BlitzburghRockCity
07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
True, Colon was never a Tackle to begin with. He's been adequate out there though and last year he and Kemo were our best OL by far. We've all been screaming for him to be put back at guard, put Starks at RT and draft a LT for years now. That's a pipe dream though. I would be happy with Flozell at RT and Starks at LT, at this point anything is an improvement.

Foster has potential but he got steamrolled last year when he played, alot, so how much of that was him and how much of that was Hartwig just getting beat and Foster just getting crushed in the process. I'd like to think he'll be able to hold his own with a decent center beside him.

JensK
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Said it before, and i'll say it again: They are not going to release Hartwig until his contract runs out. Im pretty sure they would owe him a bunch of guaranteed money, although i am not 100 % sure how the contract was formed back then.

KSSteelerfan
07-07-2010, 02:30 PM
I would be happy to see some smash mouth Steeker football again!!:tt02:

coldrolled
07-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett is participating in a chat at ESPN.com this afternoon, and just took a pretty good shot at Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"Nick (NJ) Witch [sic] QB Do you have most trouble trying to sack and which QB is the easiest to sack?"

Darnell Dockett (2:42 PM) "The toughest QB to sack is Ben Roethlisberger. The easiest QB to sack is Ben Roethlisberger if you can catch him in a bathroom stall."
When asked if he expects to be fined for making that comment, Dockett replied "Why? What did I do? I'm just going by what I read. That's all."

It's worth noting that Dockett had three quarterback sacks in the Cardinals' 27-23 loss to Roethlisberger and the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. Dockett also had 2.5 sacks of Roethlisberger in Arizona's 21-14 win over the Steelers in 2007. With sacks of the 6-5, 250-pound Roethlisberger accounting for 5.5 of Dockett's 30 career regular and post-season sacks, it's easy to see why Dockett may feel he's the easiest to put on the ground.

nuclearchihuahuas
07-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah this guys did a lot with Buffalo last year considering he had next to nothing to work with. From what I've read his a motivator, a big energy guy, and loves to run the football. That's what we need, to get some attitude back into this line.

That's fabulous--I am very glad to hear it! Remember the "Miracle on Ice"? Well we need the Miracle on the O-Line! I really hope this guy can bring it!

--- Added 7/10/2010 at 12:14 PM ---

... I would be happy with Flozell at RT and Starks at LT, at this point anything is an improvement.

Heard about any movement on the Flozell front?