PDA

View Full Version : Steelers walking wounded...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Cedric Wilson..doubtful for Thursday's game
Hines Ward..doubtful for Thursday's game
Ryan Clark..doubtful for Thursday's game
Troy Polamalu..doubtful for Thursday's game
Willie Reid..questionable for Thursday's game

This is not good, especially on a short week, we are really hurting at WR now, so Nate and Santonio are really going to have to step it up. Sean Morey will get alot of playing time at WR this week.

Tyrone Carter had a great game today,and filled in well. I hope Anthony Smith is able to get some reps as well.

Steelersfan
12-03-2006, 11:22 PM
I like the way our young guys played today. Especially on defense. Nate played a decent game too.
You couldn't ask for a better game to get Miller more involved!
Hell, maybe we will actually get to see Reid return some punts! I really think the young guys bring a fresh attitude to the game.

Prosdo
12-03-2006, 11:30 PM
The injury that worries me is Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu. Both Polamalu and Clark out.

Friday133
12-03-2006, 11:30 PM
time to see some walter young!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah if there was ever a time for our young guys to step up, it was tonight and this thursday.

Holmes can really solidify a starting spot with some good play the rest of this year. For Ryan Clark only being with us this year he's really a key player on our defense so having 2 backup safeties is going to be tough against the clowns passing game if Frye plays. Our front 7 has got to get pressure this week !!!

floodcitygirl
12-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Does anyone know exactly what Wilson's injury is? It was so loud at the bar that we saw him but couldn't hear what happened if they announced it.

Koopa
12-04-2006, 12:47 AM
well if this was another team i'd say who cares the season is over no need for them anyway, but we are playing the ****ing browns who are gonna be pissed cause they way we beat them, and have a little offensive momentum after todays game........i'm actually worried

Steelersfan
12-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Does anyone know exactly what Wilson's injury is? It was so loud at the bar that we saw him but couldn't hear what happened if they announced it.

I haven't seen anything on it. During the game they said he had an ankle (duh!..lol) injury. That was about it.

Prosdo
12-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Probably won't hear till Tuesday afternoon.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2006, 01:08 AM
He came down on his knee/ankle pretty hard and awkward so we'll see how his treatments go but BC said in his conference after the game that he was unlikely to play on thursday.

Steelerlyn
12-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Let's hope we take someone off the practice squad if necessary, there is alot of talent in the bench, we will see how deep it really is

gunnerrick
12-04-2006, 08:06 AM
This is the time of the season when injuries start to happen more often then most. Their body can only take so much pounding. Time to take an extra shot, suck it up and keep playing until they are officially out of the playoff race. Go Steerls! Beat the Browns!!:helmet: :helmet:

AZ_Steeler
12-04-2006, 12:57 PM
All of those injuries suck!!! I could care less if the Steelers went 2-14 as long as those 2 wins are against the Browns!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM
No no, has to be 2-14 with both wins against the Ratbirds :lol:

Well ok, let's say 6-10 so long as we beat all our AFCN rivals :greengrin: