PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor hopes to re-sign with Steelers

scudmissile29
07-04-2010, 06:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100704_ike_taylor_hopes_to_resign_with_steelers

"Deep down in my heart, I want to retire as a Steeler," Taylor told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I've been here seven years. I'm a Steeler all the way. But it's on them if we can agree be on the same page. If not, I've gotta move on."

Steelers_All_Day_43
07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Re-sign him! We love ya IKE!

Dobre Shunka
07-05-2010, 04:12 AM
They sign him. What's the alternative at this point in time?

scudmissile29
07-05-2010, 08:40 AM
They sign him. What's the alternative at this point in time?

The Alternative is that they will let Taylor go, If Gay goes back to the 2008 year he may get another shot but he may also be let go then the remaining guys are.

bryan mcfadden (only guy who would be 30)
joe burnett
keenan lewis
crezdon butler

I think we should keep him. I was annoyed by his play last season but people forget his better years like 07 & 08. He's a solid player and he's been what is our closest shutdown corner since woodson.

airbrake 1
07-05-2010, 10:26 AM
he's definetly had a schizophrenic career, but for the most part i think he's been pretty good. i think the steelers should try (i repeat TRY) to resign him,but if he's looking for top 5 corner money it may be time to let him move on... GO STEELERS... GO IKE... Hey ike when i grow up i want to be just like you ... I wanna be like IKE... it's a gift, it's a gift :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2010, 12:26 PM
If McFadden and Taylor can regain that fire that they had 2 years ago when they played together then we'll be set at CB and the team will have even more incentive to re-sign him. Gay was adequate as a nickel back 2 years ago as well. Basically we have the defensive backfield that we had 2 years ago that was actually pretty effective.

All in all I think unless Ike wants some crazy amount of money, they'll bring him back.

Dobre Shunka
07-05-2010, 01:39 PM
The Alternative is that they will let Taylor go, If Gay goes back to the 2008 year he may get another shot but he may also be let go then the remaining guys are.

bryan mcfadden (only guy who would be 30)
joe burnett
keenan lewis
crezdon butler

I think we should keep him. I was annoyed by his play last season but people forget his better years like 07 & 08. He's a solid player and he's been what is our closest shutdown corner since woodson.

Not really an alternative unless someone can step in and take his place and at least equal or better his performance. At this stage of the game not sure Lewis, Burnett, or Butler can out perform Ike. Until someone can, there is no real alternative so you keep him. IMO