PDA

View Full Version : With Colon out

xxxsteelernation
07-03-2010, 12:34 AM
With colon out we are going to need a more mobile QB than Leftwich. I say dennis would be more of a threat than leftwich. Leftwich is Slowwwwwww and leaving lefty in will gain more sacks than ben. I was watchin OTA's and it wasnt that dixon was inaccurate he was throwing to 3rd stringers who don't really know the offense and routes yet. But if Dixon was to run the 1st team and have targets like wallace, ward and randle el, dixon would really shine. but not even given the chance with first team. but enough with the rant. But like i said with lefty as our QB we are in trouble.

steelersbabex25
07-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Leftwich was being considered as a first string quarterback in Tampa for a reason. Dixon is a 3rd year kid with pretty much no experience being a starter in the NFL. If a quarterback can make good decisions quickly, he doesn't need speed. I personally trust Byron to do that more than I would Dixon.

nuclearchihuahuas
07-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I predict Lefty gets injured the first game and then Dixon gets his shot--unless we get some monster tackles in the mean time...but that would mean spending money...bye Lefty! :eek1:

LatrobePA
07-03-2010, 04:42 PM
I predict Lefty gets injured the first game and then Dixon gets his shot--unless we get some monster tackles in the mean time...but that would mean spending money...bye Lefty! :eek1:

I agree, 1st game or even in camp.....

Nolrog
07-03-2010, 08:11 PM

I think Dixon is going to play quite a bit, if not start. Gotta find out what we have in him in case Ben gets injured or worse. If Dixon isn't the answer, then we need a better back up.