PDA

View Full Version : SA Tailgate for 2007 Draft ?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2006, 09:39 PM
We're considering putting together an official Steeler Addicts tailgate party at Heinz Field for the Fan Blitz on draft day in 2007. Right now we're looking to see who all would be interested in coming.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Man I'll be there. Hell I would even call off work to attend.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2006, 09:43 PM
The wife and I will be there. If we get a good enough response we can have a big ole party. We'll be sure to have plenty of soda for all the SA members who are under 21..and I'm sure we'll have plenty of beer for the rest of us :drinkup:

Steelersfan
12-03-2006, 09:45 PM
BEER! Oh man! I think I might just have to do this.....lol

House of Steel
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I would absolutely be honored if my wife would be up to it and the weather is comfortable. That is the KEY WORD the weather. I would love to meet my second family. Man, that would be a day I would never forget.

PITT23
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
I would be there :)

Steelersfan
12-03-2006, 09:54 PM
I get Pitt23's beer!

Prosdo
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Sounds fun. I would definitely try to make it.

AZ_Steeler
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I've already started talking to the wife, because a tailgate party would be awesome!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
The weather in april is usually at least semi warm, the main thing is the possibility of rain but I have a canopy we can bring if need be.

Steelerlyn
12-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Sounds like lots of fun !

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Seems like we have a decent amount of interest. This should be alot of fun. Everybody mark your calendars for draft day in Pittsburgh and as we get closer to it we'll nail down specifics more.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Count me in.

Hburg
12-04-2006, 04:40 PM
The wife and I will be there. If we get a good enough response we can have a big ole party. We'll be sure to have plenty of soda for all the SA members who are under 21..and I'm sure we'll have plenty of beer for the rest of us :drinkup:

Soda? .....Damn....ok, I guess I'll just have to bring my own form of refreshemnt if I come.....

The weather in april is usually at least semi warm, the main thing is the possibility of rain but I have a canopy we can bring if need be.

Seems like we have a decent amount of interest. This should be alot of fun. Everybody mark your calendars for draft day in Pittsburgh and as we get closer to it we'll nail down specifics more.

If it is in April I'll just need a date. I will try to come if I can and work it around my school schedule.

BuFu

PITT23
12-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I get Pitt23's beer!

:lol: It's all yours.

House of Steel
12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
My wife and I discussed this. She wouldn't mind coming , but she is fearing for me cause if someone from the Mac and Wife group would recognize me, all hell would break loose. My wife is very afraid to even come too because of this. I am serious guys from what I am hearing from a few friends from that group, they could very well find me. I just wish I could convince her to just hang out for a day. I really want to be there and meet everyone. I want to see Lyn for the first time. I want to see all of you actually. Security is my wife's biggest concern.

Steelerlyn
12-04-2006, 08:21 PM
My wife and I discussed this. She wouldn't mind coming , but she is fearing for me cause if someone from the Mac and Wife group would recognize me, all hell would break loose. My wife is very afraid to even come too because of this. I am serious guys from what I am hearing from a few friends from that group, they could very well find me. I just wish I could convince her to just hang out for a day. I really want to be there and meet everyone. I want to see Lyn for the first time. I want to see all of you actually. Security is my wife's biggest concern.

I am not going to this one David, I have my club annual tailgate. We used to go 4 home games and the playoffs (when we were in them) but since my husband got sick my son and I only make it to the Black'NGold Pride Annual tailgate and all home playoff games. I wish I could make it, I would love to meet all of you, guess you will just have toi come to the BNGPC Annual Tailgate. :)

House of Steel
12-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Well I tried. We got an issue between my wife and I right now, it isn't looking good, I need some convincing help here.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Dude, this isn't till april, just relax and give it some time. Besides it's not like we don't have enough guys there to take care of business if need be.

PITT23
12-04-2006, 08:31 PM
It's OK, if you want to feel same just show here a picture of your Matt, I'm sure he'll be willing to be you're personal bodyguard.

And here's his picture:

http://www.chasingthewind.net/Images/fitness.jpg

House of Steel
12-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Try and convince her of that. I told her that today, she doesn't think you guys are capable. I was like, :wtf: You haven't seen Matt pic, he is a big size dude and we got some guys in here with some mean tempers when they are pissed off. I think she is overreacting big time.

House of Steel
12-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I wish I looked like that :hilarious: I did have a nice physique when I was 19-22, now, You guys would call me one good looking fat ***. :hilarious:

Steelerlyn
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Try and convince her of that. I told her that today, she doesn't think you guys are capable. I was like, :wtf: You haven't seen Matt pic, he is a big size dude and we got some guys in here with some mean tempers when they are pissed off. I think she is overreacting big time.

Personally, I think it is silly to get your shorts in a wad. Like Matt says, this happens in April. How can she not think the guys on SA are capable? Does she know the wuss' from Mac & Wife or something? I would put my money on the guys here long before MW. Also, David, people using scare tatics with their big mouths are generally bullys and would never have the balls to confront anyone. Calm down, bro, take a chill pill:)

House of Steel
12-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I am fine, it is my wife. I am rolling my eyes all day long about this with her and her crazy ideas. I am calm and relaxed. No need to worry, sis. I have more confidence in myself and these guys then the Mental Institution called Mac and Wife.

floodcitygirl
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
No worries HOS. Just tell her that you've got a crazy Croatian coming! LOL I may be small in stature but make me mad, and I make up for it in feisty! :taz:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Just bring some croatian pizza and everything will be fine :lol:

floodcitygirl
12-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Just bring some croatian pizza and everything will be fine :lol:Well...that's another option.... :lol:

Friday133
12-04-2006, 11:03 PM
FYI if there is a big interest in going to the draft, don't forget there is a marriot suites hotel super close to the stadium. plus there are some cool bars right there as well.

House of Steel
12-04-2006, 11:06 PM
I know about the Marriott, I been there before. Croatian Pizza, if that woman brings it, I want to try it. She put Goat Cheese on it, I will slap her silly.

Friday133
12-04-2006, 11:12 PM
croatian pizza, where did you get that?

floodcitygirl
12-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Croatian Pizza, if that woman brings it, I want to try it. She put Goat Cheese on it, I will slap her silly.HEY!!! I can put whatever kind of cheese I want on my pizza, bud! And they didn't put goat cheese on the pizza, but I did have homemade goat cheese when I was there and it was terrific!

Any you're gonna slap me???? I was ready to come to bodily harm to protect you a couple of posts ago!!!!!!! :excuseme:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2006, 11:32 PM
No goat cheese on pizza please..even this Greek doesnt like that !

floodcitygirl
12-04-2006, 11:38 PM
No goat cheese on pizza please..even this Greek doesnt like that !I said they didn't put it on the pizza!!!!!!

But have you ever tried homemade goat cheese? I was leary about trying it but because we were invited guests in these people's home there, it would have been an offense to turn it down. I was suprised...it was really great. :bigthumb:

Hburg
12-05-2006, 02:01 AM

Aiight......

1: What kinda b*tches are gonna instigate **** in person over something that happened on an internet message board? If they gonna try **** like that they are truly dumbasses...and deserve a bit of a humbling.

2: I ain't gonna instigate no bullshit, but if **** is gonna go down, I ain't standing down. I back my peoples.

3: You ain't been on that site in a long time already, the party is gonna be in April.....even more evidence to support number 1.

4: At an event to celebrate all Steelers fans....it would be dumb to instigate **** again fellow Steelers fans....again more evidence for number 1.

Dude, this isn't till april, just relax and give it some time. Besides it's not like we don't have enough guys there to take care of business if need be.

Again, I'm with Matt. I know I ain't huge but I'll stand my ground.

Personally, I think it is silly to get your shorts in a wad. Like Matt says, this happens in April. How can she not think the guys on SA are capable? Does she know the wuss' from Mac & Wife or something? I would put my money on the guys here long before MW. Also, David, people using scare tatics with their big mouths are generally bullys and would never have the balls to confront anyone. Calm down, bro, take a chill pill:)

+1 again.

HEY!!! I can put whatever kind of cheese I want on my pizza, bud! And they didn't put goat cheese on the pizza, but I did have homemade goat cheese when I was there and it was terrific!

Any you're gonna slap me???? I was ready to come to bodily harm to protect you a couple of posts ago!!!!!!! :excuseme:

Damn! Can we please stop this damn pizza debate? F*ck this I'm just going to GIANT and getting a frozen one to bake in my oven...wait...I already have one...yum.

BuFu

Steelerlyn
12-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Some of those frozen pizzas are awesome, when you get through doctoring them up!~ I always keep "Digerinos" (prolly misspelled) in the freezer for a quick meal! I add tons of Mozirilla (also prolly misspelled) cheese and pepperoni, onions, pineapple, hot peppers under the cheese and lotsa stuff mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Please excuse the misspelled words LOL :lol:

floodcitygirl
12-05-2006, 07:48 AM
No worries H-Burg! HOS and I are just joking around. (Besides...since I'm the only one here who has actually had Croatian pizza, I'm the resident authority!) :banana:

Y'all are right anyway. April is a long way off. It's a Steeler fan event. Bullies talk big behind a computer screen....rarely taking it into real life. (Although admittedly there are a few nut jobs out there. LOL) You and your wife will be among friends, HOS.....you can relax. (Just IMO)

House of Steel
12-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I am not worried about a thing, it is my wife. She is paranoid. She has issues you know, she is in a wheelchair, has self-esteem issues. I told her, you know these folks in SA are some of the best people you will ever meet, they will accept you as family just like myself. My wife can't do hardly anything physical, I told her, you are there to relax, have fun, and chat with the other folks there.

I am going to be there, I swear if she tells me NO, and I am going to be livid.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Just give her time HOS, she'll come around. You have alot of time yet till we do it.

Bufu, those Giant frozen pizza's are really good, but I still prefer the Stouffers french bread ones ! YUMM!

floodcitygirl
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Ok. Let's all agree....NO freakin pizza at the SA Tailgate!!! :lol:

HOS, just a suggestion, but when the time gets closer, have your wife come on and talk to some of the ladies here. I'd be happy to speak with her. Maybe it would help her to feel a little more comfortable. After all, how could it be an SA party without you????!!!! :tt02:

Prosdo
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
HOS is there anything we can do to help you convince her?

House of Steel
12-05-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't know, I will think up of something. I am not the life of the party trust me on that one. I am a bit shy when I meet people for the first time. I am not going to wear drag either to proof to yinz all, I am a Post Whore. LMAO.

Hburg
12-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Some of those frozen pizzas are awesome, when you get through doctoring them up!~ I always keep "Digerinos" (prolly misspelled) in the freezer for a quick meal! I add tons of Mozirilla (also prolly misspelled) cheese and pepperoni, onions, pineapple, hot peppers under the cheese and lotsa stuff mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Please excuse the misspelled words LOL :lol:

I sometimes add to them. I will buy extra pepperoni and make a pepperoni lovers pizza....if you can still see any cheese from the top theres not enough pepperoni!! :lol:

No worries H-Burg! HOS and I are just joking around. (Besides...since I'm the only one here who has actually had Croatian pizza, I'm the resident authority!) :banana:

Y'all are right anyway. April is a long way off. It's a Steeler fan event. Bullies talk big behind a computer screen....rarely taking it into real life. (Although admittedly there are a few nut jobs out there. LOL) You and your wife will be among friends, HOS.....you can relax. (Just IMO)

I wasn't worried...I know the pizza argument is becoming the SA inside joke. It's just funny this is at least the third thread I've seen this argument come up in.

I agree, f*ck bullies. They try to be hard but when **** really goes down I doubt they will do anything for real.

I am not worried about a thing, it is my wife. She is paranoid. She has issues you know, she is in a wheelchair, has self-esteem issues. I told her, you know these folks in SA are some of the best people you will ever meet, they will accept you as family just like myself. My wife can't do hardly anything physical, I told her, you are there to relax, have fun, and chat with the other folks there.

I am going to be there, I swear if she tells me NO, and I am going to be livid.

Give her time man, we maybe just need to find a way for her to get to know the crew.

Just give her time HOS, she'll come around. You have alot of time yet till we do it.

Bufu, those Giant frozen pizza's are really good, but I still prefer the Stouffers french bread ones ! YUMM!

I've had those down at school since the campus mart (Harry Mart!) didn't sell GIANT pizzas....they are good! I usually get the GIANT brand because I'm a cheap bastard and they are good anyway. I like the thin crust that gets a lil crunchy when baked but my mom and sis love the rising thick crust ones which I think are too doughy when baked.

Ok. Let's all agree....NO freakin pizza at the SA Tailgate!!! :lol:

HOS, just a suggestion, but when the time gets closer, have your wife come on and talk to some of the ladies here. I'd be happy to speak with her. Maybe it would help her to feel a little more comfortable. After all, how could it be an SA party without you????!!!! :tt02:

I agree, no pizza! Just hot wings! :lol:

Yea Dave, your wife will just have to sit relax and chill. That's all we are gonna be doing! Just having a good time!

BuFu

Steelersfan
12-06-2006, 12:37 AM
What are the exact dates of this? I'm pretty sure we are going to Florida in April so I'm not sure about me making it or not. May be able to work something out knowing this far ahead.
And Dave, if those jerks show up giving you a hard time I'd be more than happy to give you a hand. Been in a few bar fights in my time up here! Plus I think it is gay that fellow Steeler fans would even do that to another.

Hburg
12-06-2006, 01:45 AM
What are the exact dates of this? I'm pretty sure we are going to Florida in April so I'm not sure about me making it or not. May be able to work something out knowing this far ahead.
And Dave, if those jerks show up giving you a hard time I'd be more than happy to give you a hand. Been in a few bar fights in my time up here! Plus I think it is gay that fellow Steeler fans would even do that to another.

True that, even better Iron City comes in "steel" cans now! :lol:

It's a Steeler Nation celebration, shouldn't be any ignorant hatin' on other Steeler fans!

BuFu

Steelersfan
12-06-2006, 02:00 AM
True that, even better Iron City comes in "steel" cans now! :lol:

It's a Steeler Nation celebration, shouldn't be any ignorant hatin' on other Steeler fans!

BuFu

Couldn't agree more BuFu!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Whatever dates the NFL draft is on this coming April, whatever that saturday/sunday is, is when we'll do it. Nothing is set in stone yet as far as arrangements but since we have a fair amount of interest in doing this we'll hopefully be able to pull it off.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-06-2006, 11:17 AM
2007 NFL Draft April 28-29.

Prosdo
12-06-2006, 01:25 PM
2007 NFL Draft April 28-29.

Damnit! That's my little nephew's birthday! Hopefully my sister has the party a different day than we are meeting.