PDA

View Full Version : Colon - Achilles injury

ejsteeler
06-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Just got a text, no details, more to come

What ever you think of him, this will hurt if it is serious......

Zachintosh66
06-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Just got a text, no details, more to come

What ever you think of him, this will hurt if it is serious......

:banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah I just got the text from KDKA, this could be really really bad if he ends up missing the season with this. Achilles injuries are never good.

Even though many of us feel Colon is better suited to play Guard, the guy is a solid Tackle and has improved every year he's been in the lineup at RT for us.

cmerrifield
06-28-2010, 02:27 PM
With only J. Scott and Tony Hills as backups for a whole season, this could be horrible.

DanRooney
06-28-2010, 02:29 PM
So much for our improved line.

Seriously, why is it always our best players getting hurt or getting in trouble with the league. You never hear Kraig Urbik breaks toe, William Gay gets caught smoking crack, or Justin Hartwig tears his groin.

steelersbabex25
06-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Perfect. Right when he starts to really improve.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Ramon Foster is a converted Guard, so it may be an option to try him out at RT depending on what happens with Colon. Either way though, if Willie is out for any significant time I forsee us hitting the FA market looking for a replacement of some sort.

JensK
06-28-2010, 03:07 PM
We are so ****ed if this is serious.. Like really doomed. He was basically the only good player on the o-line last year, and you cant ask Pouncey to carry everything by him self -.-

SteelCityKid5
06-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I hope its not serious but from what I read, its sounds like its going to be

cmerrifield
06-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Essex was our backup up two years ago at tackle. I guess if Pouncey starts at RG then Essex could be in the mix for starting RT as well as a few other guys.

LatrobePA
06-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Better start shopping if he's out...

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Essex is an option too, and in which case they could move him to RT and put Pouncey at Guard..however Pouncey is our future Center and I say stick his butt in there and let him run with it.

Either way, Essex was serviceable but not great by any means, at Tackle, so facing another year with a mediocre line is bad enough without adding to the mediocrity by having one of your best players out and replacing him with a 2nd tier option.

nuclearchihuahuas
06-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Ramon Foster is a converted Guard, so it may be an option to try him out at RT depending on what happens with Colon. Either way though, if Willie is out for any significant time I forsee us hitting the FA market looking for a replacement of some sort.

I hope they go F.A. instead of shuffling the remaining players around. This season is not starting well...any good tackles available on the f.a. market right now?

SteelerEyeZ
06-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Well with Colon going down does this help Dixon??? Without him you can not expect Lefty to be there running around in the pocket and especially with that wind-up he has. Do you think they might start looking at Dennis more just because he is more mobile and can try to run?

ATTENTION MENDY....You better be trucking this year and picking up those legs high. Your run game might decide come week 5 if we are playoff bound.

DanRooney
06-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Well with Colon going down does this help Dixon??? Without him you can not expect Lefty to be there running around in the pocket and especially with that wind-up he has. Do you think they might start looking at Dennis more just because he is more mobile and can try to run?

ATTENTION MENDY....You better be trucking this year and picking up those legs high. Your run game might decide come week 5 if we are playoff bound.

Doesn't matter how mobile you are when teams stack all 11 players in the box. Dixon CANNOT throw, that's why Leftwich is ahead of him on the depth chart. This is a passing league and if you can't utilize weapons like Wallace and Miller, it's pretty pointless. That is why he's likely sitting on the bench until his contract is up.

Zachintosh66
06-28-2010, 05:22 PM
its ok we got Leftwich... he can scramble out of... oh wait, nvm!

Steel Trap86
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
he's supposed to have season ending surgery later this week. so colon is out for the season.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Really its the perfect time for an injury like this to take place.....At least it gives the replacement RT time to get into sync the rest of the OL........Losing Colon isn't all that bad anyway since I have always held the opinion Colon should be an OG then an OT.........Sorry he is an average OT at best....Move Foster over at RT or bring in Frozell Adams to play RT for a year or another RT off the street.......Maybe next year the Steelers will finally draft an OT in the first round......

Sucks for Colon to since he was seeking a new contract...lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Didn't Hartwig play guard? Put Pouncey in center Hartwig, Essex tackle assuming that there isn't another available...hopefully there is someone out there...

XLJohn
06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::c ursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:

LatrobePA
06-28-2010, 07:21 PM
62 is a bench warmer at best....

Zachintosh66
06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
it will be Jon Scott...

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Suggestions from multiple sources are saying this is season ending right now but no official word yet that I have seen.

HUNT4SEVEN
06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
NFL network says it's season ending he will have surgery Wed with 5-7 months recovery time, I hope that the line will be Starks, Kemo, Pouncey Foster, Scott...:crossfingers:

lloydfan4life
06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
This is horrible news! :rant2:

Wonder if maybe we'll look at signing anyone to help out or if we'll rely on the personnel we have. :dunno:

MattyVfromCT
06-28-2010, 09:41 PM
AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

i might as well leave my mood at :banging: permanently

JensK
06-28-2010, 09:48 PM
This is horrible news! :rant2:

Wonder if maybe we'll look at signing anyone to help out or if we'll rely on the personnel we have. :dunno:

we'll sign a scrub backup and rely on some UDFA.. Bank on it :duh:

Steel Trap86
06-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Suggestions from multiple sources are saying this is season ending right now but no official word yet that I have seen.

NFL Network has already said he is expected to miss the entire season after the surgery later this week.

Prosdo
06-28-2010, 11:48 PM
The hits just keep coming for this team. I hope this is the last of the extensive injuries.

Real Deal Steel
06-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Damn. This is the last thing we need considering we will need to lean on the running game at the begining of the season.

--- Added 6/28/2010 at 11:07 PM ---

The Pittsburgh Steelers may have been dealt another big blow to what's already been a trying offseason.

Starting offensive tackle Willie Colon suffered a torn Achilles, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Walker: What's Next For Steelers?
The Steelers have a few options available to them if Willie Colon is lost for the season, writes ESPN.com's James Walker. Story

AFC North Blog

Colon will have more tests to confirm the injury on Tuesday, but the Steelers believe Colon needs surgery and five to six months of rehab, the source said.

"It looks like it's an Achilles [injury]," Colon's agent Joe Linta said. "We want to wait to confirm it, but that's kind of our worst fears."

Colon was working out in Pittsburgh doing agility drills Monday morning when the injury took place. Colon's injury was first reported by Scout.com.

Colon's potentially season-ending injury would be another big obstacle for Pittsburgh's offense to overcome in 2010. The Steelers traded receiver Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets, and starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will serve a conditional six-game suspension to start the season after violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

K Train
06-29-2010, 09:46 AM
huge blow and it increases urbiks chance of making the team....i thik it HAS to be jonathan scotts job to lose

LatrobePA
06-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Perfect timing IMO, we have time to shuffle or look outside for help...We'll be fine!

steelersbabex25
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Colon's potentially season-ending injury would be another big obstacle for Pittsburgh's offense to overcome in 2010. The Steelers traded receiver Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets, and starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will serve a conditional six-game suspension to start the season after violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Sounds to me like we could have another '08 season. Offense is subpar, but all we need is the defense to step up again and we'll be (for the most part) alright this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't say losing Colon is a huge blow....His injury does effect depth but Colon isn't all pro level at all here......Colon is the king of the false start penalty and has his share of holding calls......He is an average RT......Foster, Scott or whoever replaces Colon should be able to play at Colon's level.....Plus maybe the penalties will go down...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Colon to have Achilles surgery Wednesday

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Right tackle Willie Colon will have surgery Wednesday to repair an injury to his Achilles tendon, but the Steelers have not said how long he will sidelined or if the injury is season-ending.
Colon, who was injured Monday while working out at the team's South Side facility, was examined this morning and it was determined he will need surgery.
In addition, rookie tackle Chris Scott, the team's fifth-round draft choice, will also have surgery Wednesday to repair a foot injury he sustained while working out at the University of Tennessee, his alma mater.
It has not been determined how long Scott will be out.
"We will have further information on both once we know the results of each of their surgeries," director of football operations Kevin Colbert said in a statement on the team's website.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10180/1069095-100.stm#ixzz0sGEoeSJ8

Zachintosh66
06-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Rookie Chris Scott got injured last week as well... we keep this up we'll be calling Stapleton back then ill have to change my most hated Steeler player vote...

--- Added 6/29/2010 at 01:02 PM ---

Here come Flozell for a visit...

cmerrifield
06-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I feel like Flozell Adams is a better replacement than anyone we have.

K Train
06-29-2010, 03:30 PM
id LOVE for them to just swallow their pride and bring in flo

SteelCityKid5
06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
From Schefters Twitter: "Help could be on way to Pittsburgh. OT Flozell Adams' agent told ESPN's Calvin Watkins that his client is visiting the Steelers."

Zachintosh66
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
id LOVE for them to just swallow their pride and bring in flo

out goes one guy who always gets penalized... in comes someone who always gets penalized :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I feel like Flozell Adams is a better replacement than anyone we have.

That's not saying much..LOL..but I agree with ya.

K Train
06-29-2010, 05:11 PM
out goes one guy who always gets penalized... in comes someone who always gets penalized :lol:

he gets fined more than penalized...which is fine by me lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-29-2010, 05:21 PM
I think Adams at 35 is better then Colon....lol

HUNT4SEVEN
06-29-2010, 10:38 PM
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Willie_Colon/1014190

BlitzburghRockCity
06-30-2010, 07:26 AM
The Steelers' offensive line, which already has lost right tackle Willie Colon for the 2010 season, is getting thinner by the day.
Colon will have surgery today to repair a torn Achilles tendon and will be put on injured reserve, ending his season, the Post-Gazette has learned.
But he will not be alone on the operating table.
Rookie tackle Chris Scott, the team's fifth-round draft choice, also will have surgery today to repair a broken foot -- an injury he sustained while working out at the University of Tennessee, his alma mater.
Scott is expected to be out approximately three months, meaning he would miss the entire preseason and would not return until October at the earliest.
Meantime, former Dallas Cowboys left tackle Flozell Adams visited the Steelers' offices and took a physical Tuesday and could be signed to add depth and possibly replace Colon.
Adams (6 feet 7, 338), nicknamed "The Hotel" because of his size, has played his entire 12-year career with the Cowboys. He played 1,081 snaps last season, but was released after the season.
Adams, though, is considering offers from other teams, including the Washington Redskins.
Colon, injured Monday while doing agility drills, was examined Tuesday morning and it was determined he will need season-ending surgery. He has not missed a start since he became the starter three years ago.
The Steelers have said they will wait until after the surgeries to announce the prognosis for Colon and Scott officially.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10181/1069234-66.stm#ixzz0sKZVmyLb

So pretty much now, I would imagine that signing Flozell is going to be a done deal as long as he passed the physical...

ejsteeler
06-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm reading that the FO is balking at his asking price of $4mil. Simple decision, either you want to compete this year, or you don't.......:banging:

Hburg
06-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Willie Colon is a human turnstile anyway. Maybe the Steelers can find a replacement that can actually block without getting a holding penalty every other play.

BuFu

Zachintosh66
06-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm reading that the FO is balking at his asking price of $4mil. Simple decision, either you want to compete this year, or you don't.......:banging:

I doubt Pittsburgh will pay that. Enter Jon Scott #72, learn it...

cmerrifield
06-30-2010, 04:01 PM
I doubt Pittsburgh will pay that. Enter Jon Scott #72, learn it...

If they dont sign anyone, it will be Essex at OT instead of Scott and Scott will still be backup.