PDA

View Full Version : What if Pouncey catches on faster than

Dallas Burgher
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM
expected? Could he be moved to center this year and someone else be moved to right guard? Would the Steelers be better off overall or do we not have adequate replacement at right guard?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Pouncey could very well catch on quick, and IMO I expect im to be taking over at Center by mid season as long as he stays healthy. There's no reason he shouldn't be starting this year; Essex was decent at RG last year and until they come to their senses and move Colon to RG, move Starks to RT, and draft a stud LT we'll have to do with what we have.

LatrobePA
06-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Starks isn't a stud LT?? hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

cmerrifield
06-27-2010, 05:34 PM
I think Pouncey at C makes good sense. Even if he misses a few blocking assignments or misses some blitzes, it will still be an improvement over Hartwig. I feel like its an even trade, a sack because our Center stinks, or a sack because our Center is young. I would choose the latter

Real Deal Steel
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I would love to see Pouncey at center but it's a process to learn to make the correct line calls.

HUNT4SEVEN
06-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Tomlin said Pouncey was doing very well at both positions Center and Guard, i for one would love to see him at Center, Ben can help him with the calls, plus Ben has been calling the protection for a couple of years now anyways...

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-27-2010, 10:18 PM
While i can feel everyones enthusiasm for Pouncey to start at center , even the great ones spent time at least as a guard , and got the feel of the speed of the game . If there is an injury , i could see it . You can't put the cart before the horse so to speak . I'm sure that circumstances could dictate where that all goes . I say let him get up to game speed first .:2cents: