PDA

View Full Version : Leave a message for Emmanuel Sanders on Facebook

DanRooney
06-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Here's his official facebook page and he does respond quite frequently to posts. Here's one I left yesterday.

Josh Evans
I hope you steal that #3 WR spot away from Randle El, buddy.
Yesterday at 3:21am Comment Like Flag

Emmanuel Sanders: When a Dream Becomes Reality
U best believe I'm gunnin for it- but I'm ready to do whatever!
Yesterday at 9:12am Like Flag

http://www.facebook.com/search/?post_form_id=7bb1edbb8717c65d394dd663c6afe016&q=kathyrn%20britt&init=quick&ref=search_loaded#!/pages/Emmanuel-Sanders-When-a-Dream-Becomes-Reality/116887828336765?ref=ts

BlitzburghRockCity
06-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the link, I posted up a message as well!

HUNT4SEVEN
06-27-2010, 02:37 AM
Yea he answered my question right away also:yellowthumb:...I hope he can become as good as Wallace was for us last year:tt02:.

Dobre Shunka
06-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Thanx for the link, on my way.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-27-2010, 03:16 PM
He replied to my message, he seems like a real nice guy! I asked him if he'd be interested in doing a short interview with us, similar to what Ike Taylor did a couple years ago.

Im sure as camp starts he'll have a lot less time to do all this replying back and forth with the fans but hopefully he'll be able to keep us in the loop with how it's going.

Ibleedblk&gld
06-29-2010, 11:03 AM
he said if i let him know when i'll be at TC, he'd chat with me :)

Joe Coddington here we go steelers here we go!!!!! hope you have much success with the blkngold
go tear it up welcome to the burgh..

Emmanuel Sanders: When a Dream Becomes Reality Preciate it bro. I couldn't ask for a better situation. Best team and a wide open competition to get on the field... I can't wait till camp!!!!

Sean Anderson welcome to the team, man...let's see what you can do...i'm going to try to make it to the first day of training camp, so I EXPECT an autograph :D

Emmanuel Sanders: @Sean- if u let me know when ur comin I'll come chat with you...

Sean Anderson Definitely will do

SteelerEyeZ
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
WOW....i must say I love seeing this. Sounds like he is a class act. I don't have facebook "got me into to much trouble in college" but I must say great to see him touching base with Steeler Nation.

blackngold29
06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Very cool to see somebody doing this. It's about as good of a PR move as you could make. Other players *cough* Ben *cough* should do the same.

Cricker24
06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
he responded to my message too....very cool guy!!!!

Stlrs4Life
06-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Just left a message for him. How do we really know it is him though?

Dobre Shunka
06-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Very cool indeed.
When you're on facebook be sure to add me as a friend fellow Steelers pals. If you do send me a friend request be sure to use the message form and add Steelers fan into it so I'll know you're "one of us". <snickers>

http://www.facebook.com/robbIam

Blazedby92
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Just to add something when I added him to my freind list and wrote him welcome aboard message he or an assistant DID write back and if you are picked he will send you an autograph or by request Which brings me to this,
I notice (Black@Gold forever32) member in here was sending him messages on his facebook (alot) trying to get something I don't know what but I will say this there was some ball washing going on, LOL.

Let me know how that goes for you. :greengrin:

Scorp
06-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Message left.

Scorp
06-30-2010, 11:01 PM
This is the response i just got.

Emmanuel Sanders: When a Dream Becomes Reality commented on your wall post:

"Thanks bro! I'm blessed to b part of a winning tradition with such a strong fan base- the best fanbase! But it all means nothing if I don't produce so now it's time to shine for y'all!!!!"

steelersbabex25
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Seems like a really down to earth guy...I like him.

Bucsfan4ever
07-01-2010, 07:50 AM
I picked him up in my Dynasty rookie draft and he's now on my taxi squad.

Hope he does "shine" and I'll promote him up to my roster!!

scudmissile29
07-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Very cool indeed.
When you're on facebook be sure to add me as a friend fellow Steelers pals. If you do send me a friend request be sure to use the message form and add Steelers fan into it so I'll know you're "one of us". <snickers>

http://www.facebook.com/robbIam

awesome picture dude. thats one nice whooty

i left him a message ages back and he replies. im glad we picked him he's awesome.

know im glad we passed golden tate on for emmanuel. at least he aint stealing donuts yet :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Just to add something when I added him to my freind list and wrote him welcome aboard message he or an assistant DID write back and if you are picked he will send you an autograph or by request Which brings me to this,
I notice (Black@Gold forever32) member in here was sending him messages on his facebook (alot) trying to get something I don't know what but I will say this there was some ball washing going on, LOL.

Let me know how that goes for you. :greengrin:

I wasn't ballwashing or trying get anything dumbass....Just being friendly and talking to one of our rookies.....Damn what a douche you are....

Dobre Shunka
07-05-2010, 03:24 AM
steeldawgswag
Thanks man. :}
Hook up w/ me on facebook before you're banned from here, LOL

J/K

scudmissile29
07-05-2010, 07:38 AM
steeldawgswag
Thanks man. :}
Hook up w/ me on facebook before you're banned from here, LOL

J/K

LOL. Man I wouldn't be suprised if I got banned from here, I've been such an *******, I'm going to start changing to a nicer person.

DanRooney
07-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Emmanuel Sanders Interview

1. Who do you compare yourself to, past or present as a wide receiver?

-- I don’t know about how close our games are but I hope I have a career like Chris Carter. I idolized the way he carried himself and handled his business. He was a true professional.

2. What is the primary difference you have noticed in catching balls from Ben Roethlisberger vs. Byron Leftwich (and even Dennis Dixon or Charlie Batch for that matter)?

-- I see why Big Ben gets the big bucks. I never watched him before being drafted and practicing with him but I’ve never seen anything like it. He’s a beast! They both have rocket arms but Ben has a little more touch. Sometimes I gotta tell Byron to “chill out”.

3. How different is the route tree in a pro style compared to the spread you had at SMU?

-- I had never ran a comeback in college. That’s the only real difference for me. The rest is just getting open. The routes aren’t too much different. Every team runs the same routes its just the combinations that are different.

4. What advice did June Jones give you to prepare for the NFL based on his experience as head coach of the Falcons in the mid 90's?

-- Coach Jones coached the whole team like it was an NFL team. The first meeting we ever had he said “I’m going to treat yall like you’re in the NFL so when you get there it won’t be such a shock.” What he did that really helped me was that he also had position coaches that played and/or coached in the league also. So I was getting lessons about the league from every coach.

5. How do you see yourself fitting in the Steelers offense this upcoming season? How do you like your chances of being the #4 or even #3 WR?

-- I couldn’t ask for a better situation. It’s a wide open competition and that’s all I could ever ask for. I feel like when the competition heats up, I’m at my very best. I know what’s at stake and that’s why I lived in the weight and film room all summer.

6. What portions of the NFL WR route tree do you feel needs the most work to adjust from a "Run & Shoot" style offense in college to a "Pro Style" NFL offense?

-- I just have to get more familiar with the offense and the adjustments then its like playing in the backyard again. I’ve been watching Santonio tapes from the past few years and I really think its going to slow things down. I’ve been in many systems and the biggest part is knowing it 100% so I don’t have to think about anything but catching and scoring.

7. What and/or who has impressed you the most so far?

-- Honestly, its something that happened off the field. We were playing basketball at Ben’s house and Ben hit like 15 straight 3-point shots. I said “dang, bro I didn’t know you had a shot like that.” He said “ I’mma an athlete bro - pure athlete”.

8. How much help are the vets to the rooks?

-- The vets have been extremely helpful. Charlie Batch and I have become really cool. Who know’s Pittsburgh and the offense better than Charlie? I’ve been like a sponge since I’ve gotten here.

9. What intrigues you the most about the Steeler organization?

-- Everyone is a winner. I think I fit right in because everyone is on a mission. From the top of the organization to the bottom, everyone is in it to win it.

10. How comfortable are you as a returner and how well did you do in college? Better at kick-off returns or punt returns?

-- I’m very comfortable returning punts. I didn’t do much kick-off returns but I want to. I want to do it all haha punt, pass, kick, snap, hold, catch....

11. Could ya go in depth about the moments after ya found out Steelers drafted you?

-- It was a blur. I was so pumped that I had to go outside because I thought I was about to tackle one of my cousins. I’ve always dreamed about how the moment would be and I was way off. But honestly, I was ready to play. All I could think about is the competition and what it’s going to take to get on the field.

12. What NFL WR do you think you're most like?

-- Steve Smith: Not the biggest but has the biggest heart on the field and won't back down from anything.

13.What's youre early impression on the Steelers fanbase?

-- I’m still in awe. I started a facebook fanpage to get closer to the handful of fans that I had. Three weeks later I was chatting with Steeler fans in Mexico City, Brazil and Iraq. There’s no doubt who has the deepest fanbase in the league. Shout out to all my friends on the fan page.

14. What was his first impression of the city upon entering downtown via the Fort Pitt tunnel?

-- Pittsburgh is beautiful! I tell all my boys back home that it’s better than Dallas and they laugh. Man, I’m so blessed. Perfect situation on so many levels.

Part 2 coming soon...

--- Added 7/9/2010 at 11:07 AM ---

15. Who's the coolest Steelers player/coach you've met so far?

-- Everyone's been real cool but I've been kicking it with A. Brown. We are gonna do big things for many years.

16. Who was your idol and fav teams growing up?

-- My idol was Deion "Primetime" Sanders. We share the same last name and I enjoyed everything about him. Greatest athlete of all time. Never really had a favorite team though. Once the Oilers left Houston that is.

17. Why did Bruce Arians get to pick your number when it seems that everyone else gets to pick their own?

-- I had #18 for a little but he said that he wanted recievers to have 80 #'s. 88 is starting to grow on me. I thought it was going to be too big but I love it now.

18. What was the impact of your rookie mates not only seeing 6 Lombardis in Pgh, but also rich history in the HOF?

-- When we went to the HOF last month, I had never been so inspired in my life. Immediatly after we got home, I had my girlfriend reading off plays to me. Seeing those trophies and having the opprotunity to get a few and be in the HOF has boosted my drive. Anything less will be a failure.

19. Have you ever played in cold weather?

-- I think so but I'm sure it's nothing like the weather in Pitt. One fan told me on twitter though- As long as I catch passes and score, I'll be plenty warm.

20. What does it mean to you to be a Steeler?

-- It means so much to make it to the NFL but to be a Steeler is a true blessing. The championships, the fans, the high standards: I couldn't ask for more.

21. Are you worried about big NFL corners? How will you beat them off the LOS?

-- Naw, I'm not worried. I'll watch so much film on them that I'll know everything about them before I step on the field. I just have to be patient and let him make the mistake. It's all about being patient.

22. Are you aware that the Steelers fanbase is among largest in NFL?

-- It's crazy. On my facebook fanpage I've been chatting with Steeler fans in Brazil, Mexico City, Japan and Iraq. I love it. Makes me even more hungry knowing that I could have everyone on my side if I ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-09-2010, 02:26 PM
This kid is saying all the right things and he definitely seems to have his head on straight; staying focused all summer learning everything he can. Im excited to see him play and take advantage of what he's got in front of him.

scudmissile29
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
lol at all the people wanting tate.

whilst tate is stealing late night donuts sanders is slowly progressing as the future #2

steelersbabex25
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I was looking at his page again and he commented on a wall post saying how he was going to be humble because he knows how quickly it can all be taken away..that's what I love in a player. And also, if you don't love him already, you will after watching this. :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxpxdkMw7Xc