PDA

View Full Version : Member spotlight: MCSmith

steelersgal86
06-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
M.C. Smith

How long have you been a Steeler fan?
For as far back as I can remember I have been a Steeler fan. I started watching football at a very young age. I can remember rooting for the Steelers in the 1994 AFC Championship Game against the San Diego Chargers, so I would say that I have been a fan for at least 15 years.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers?
My father and brother were both fans of the San Francisco 49ers, but I wanted to be different, so for some reason I started following the Steelers. Over the years, I have tried to learn as much as I can about the Pittsburgh Steelers organization and the game of football in general. It seems that with every passing season, my love and passion for the Steelers only gets stronger.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster?
Ben Roethlisberger.

Why are they your favorite player?
It is just the way he conducts himself on the field, he never loses his composure under pressure. I believe without question, that Big Ben will go down in history as one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past?
Jerome Bettis, I always respected the way he played the game.

What is your favorite Steelers memory?
My favorite memory is the victory in Super Bowl XL over the Seattle Seahawks. After all the years of disappointment and struggle, to see the Steelers hoist up the Lombardi Trophy for the fifth time was incredible. Also, to witness Bill Cowher and Jerome Bettis finally reaching the pinnacle in their careers was truly inspirational.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football?
I like all sports, but my second favorite has to be baseball. There is nothing better than going to the ballpark on a warm summer day, and I also find it to be a very relaxing sport to watch on television.

How did you find Steeler Addicts?
I came across Steeler Addicts by doing a Google search, looking for Steelers websites.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences?
It is by far, the best fan site I have ever been to. It is awesome that everyone can express their opinions to one another in an open and fun environment. I personally appreciate the fact that Steeler Addicts has allowed me to contribute to this site through my writings.

What do you do for a living?
I am a freelance writer.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you?
I have Cerebral Palsy, and some people do not know how to act around me at first, until they realize that I am no different than anyone else.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for?
Everyone pretty much knows me for my knowledge of sports. Whenever a family member or friend has a question about sports, I am usually the first person they ask.

What kind of car or truck do you drive?
I have a 2006 Dodge caravan.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I wish I could have more self-confidence, so I could speak my mind more often

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA?
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, writing, listening to music, weight-lifting, and following sports.

Favorite TV show(s)?
I like The Office, Rob and Big, Smallville, Heroes, Man vs. Food, The Exterminators, NFL Total Access, SportsCenter, WWE, and TNA wrestling.

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)?
I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii. On Xbox, Iím obsessed with playing Madden 09 ha-ha! On Wii, I enjoy playing Wii Sports.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on?
My family will watch the game with me. When the game starts though, I get really quiet and intense.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do?
For every big game I wear my gold Jerome Bettis, ďLast stop DetroitĒ t-shirt. I wore it for every game during the 2005 playoffs, and I also wore it during every playoff game this past season.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage?
I usually am too nervous to eat during a Steelers game, especially when the playoffs come around, so I try to eat before the game starts.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime?
I have attended three Steeler games in my lifetime. Two were against the Philadelphia Eagles in Veteranís Stadium, and the other was at Three Rivers Stadium, against the Washington Redskins.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field?
Since I was born in 1987, I missed most of the historical events that took place at Three Rivers Stadium. Because of that, Iím going to have to go with Heinz Field.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"?
The "Immaculate Drive". In my opinion, that was the best finish in Super Bowl history.

When do you think the Steelers will win #7?
2009, back-to-back!

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl?
For the Steelers to return to the Super Bowl next season, they will have to stay healthy. We are always just one injury away, from kissing our season goodbye.

ejsteeler
06-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Good stuff :clap: Thanks for sharing :yellowthumb:

lloydfan4life
06-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for doing the interview, M.C.!
It's nice to know more about you!

We're glad you're a part of the SA family! :yellowthumb:

Scorp
06-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Great job M.C. :clap: Thanks for the excellent read. :yellowthumb:

75Steeler
06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Great read M.C.! Thanks for being here and for writing.

nuclearchihuahuas
06-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Sir Blitzelot
06-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Thank you everyone! I was happy to share it, so you could all learn a little more about me. :yellowthumb:

SteelerSal
06-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Good stuff, Michael!!

I love your articles and can't wait to see what you for us in the future.

Just in case you all are not aware that Michael has his own Blog page....here ya go;

http://steellegacy.blogspot.com/

WoodsonsGirl
06-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Awesome interview MC! Thanks for sharing! :yellowthumb: