PDA

View Full Version : Ben, #3 mosted hated in sports

Stlrs4Life
06-21-2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/18/vick-tiger-woods-roethlisberger-business-sports-disliked_slide.html

The Most Disliked People In Sports
Tom Van Riper, 06.18.10,
11:00 AM ET

Michael Vick has been out of prison for almost a year. He's publicly apologized for his role in a dog-fighting ring that landed him behind bars for 21 months. He's got an uncontroversial year on the football field behind him as a part-timer for the Philadelphia Eagles, who have picked up his option for another season.

Yet Vick's image rehab is moving along at a snail's pace. For the second year in a row he tops our list of Most Disliked People in Sports, with 69% of those polled citing Vick as someone they "Dislike a lot," "Dislike," or "Dislike some" according to E-Poll Market Research.

In Pictures: The Most Disliked People In Sports (http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/18/vick-tiger-woods-roethlisberger-business-sports-disliked_slide.html)
(http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/18/vick-tiger-woods-roethlisberger-business-sports-disliked_slide.html)
The ASPCA turned down Vick's offer to work with them on animal cruelty prevention. Nonetheless, Vick still appears poised for a recovery with the public. Unlike some athletes whose main talent seems to be getting in trouble, Vick was a popular and dynamic player before the dog-fighting episode--all he must do is repent for the single episode that sent his stock dropping like lead.

But it takes time, especially when minimal playing time leaves few opportunities to draw enough media attention to match the nonstop coverage his criminal case drew last year.

"The general public largely still knows him for the dog fighting," says Gerry Philpott, E-Poll's CEO, citing his unusually high 54% awareness rating. "If you were to limit the responses to just NFL fans, Vick's number would probably skew lower."

To measure public opinion of sports figures, E-Poll surveyed 1,100 people nationwide, aged 13 or older. Forbes limited eligibility to those currently active in sports as a player, coach, manager, broadcaster, agent or owner. A 10% minimum awareness level was also a prerequisite (that eliminated drug-using cyclist Floyd Landis and money-grubbing baseball agent Scott Boros, both very much disliked by the few but anonymous to the many).

Right behind Vick in this year's poll: Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, a longtime maverick with a history of clashing with the NFL, coaches and politicians in northern and southern California over stadium deals that have led him to move the club twice. Also making the list is fellow renegade NFL owner Jerry Jones, who likes to run the Dallas Cowboys as more of a freestanding business than as part of a league.

Others making an appearance: baseball's steroid poster boys, Alex Rodriguez and Mark McGwire (McGwire's return to coaching this year made him eligible for the list), along with football wide receiver diva Terrell Owens and gun-wielding NBA star Gilbert Arenas.

The most significant new entries this year, unsurprisingly, are Tiger Woods and Ben Roethlisberger, the latest pair making tabloid headlines for their extracurricular activities. Woods' infidelities have been well chronicled since last fall, with most crisis-management experts saying his public apology came too late. Now that he's back on the course, most think a tournament win or two, coupled with good behavior, should get him back on track. But as with Vick, it takes time.

Roethlisberger, though, has his work cut out for him. While accusations of sexual assault against him by a Georgia college student didn't lead to formal charges, the episode left the public with a picture of him as a 28-year-old frat boy.

The assault allegation "was bad, but the videos of Ben at the night club didn't help him either," says Cindy Rakowitz, a Los Angeles-based crisis management consultant. "His apology didn't seem sincere, nor did it get as much airplay as the video of him handing out shots and dancing to Miley Cyrus."

And, unlike Woods, he plays a team sport. The six-game suspension levied against him by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell hurts the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010. Fans can be tough when what they see as selfish behavior has consequences for the team. The fans' memo to Big Ben: Grow up.

TampaSteelGirl
06-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Who gives a shiat! They'll hate him even more when he brings us #7 this year! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Who gives a shiat! They'll hate him even more when he brings us #7 this year! :tt02:

Hell yeah Tampa, I could give a rats *** if if bandwagon fans don't like him, or people who don't even like the Steelers, don't like him either. Get over it already for God sake, but whatever, he's our QB and he'll be back better than ever this coming season! This country is so damn hypocritical it's not even funny. We're willing to forgive murders, thieves, rapists, drug dealers, and God knows what else but when a sports figure does something wrong he's crucified for life. I'm so sick of hearing about this I could just :barf:

I'm glad Ben is back as our QB and I know he's going to come back with a vengeance this year! :cope:

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Hell yeah Tampa, I could give a rats *** if if bandwagon fans don't like him, or people who don't even like the Steelers, don't like him either. Get over it already for God sake, but whatever, he's our QB and he'll be back better than ever this coming season! This country is so damn hypocritical it's not even funny. We're willing to forgive murders, thieves, rapists, drug dealers, and God knows what else but when a sports figure does something wrong he's crucified for life. I'm so sick of hearing about this I could just :barf:

I'm glad Ben is back as our QB and I know he's going to come back with a vengeance this year! :cope:

What he said !! :yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

K Train
06-22-2010, 12:50 PM
funny cause vick, tiger and ben are easily top 10 athletes of mine lol

SteelCityKid5
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Most hated because theyre all good atheletes

Dobre Shunka
06-22-2010, 01:36 PM
'Video of him handing out shots and dancing.'

whoooooa, now that's crossing the line. Who does he think he is?

pathetic

Steel Trap86
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Ya everybody hates him right now, but watch what happens when he gets back and starts winning games like he does at how many ppl shut up. this is an off-season hype that will die as soon as he wins his 2nd or 3rd game. (imo)

funny cause vick, tiger and ben are easily top 10 athletes of mine lol

lol have you seen the text messages tiger was sending joslyn james yet? :coffeecough:

K Train
06-22-2010, 01:57 PM
that made him SKYROCKET to the top of my list. if i made an all time favorite athlete list it would be like this no steelers included

Mike Tyson
Tiger Woods
Michael Vick
Pacman Jones
Sean Taylor
Ron Artest
Floyd Money
Alexander Ovechkin
Patrick Kane (he makes this list cause he beat the **** out of a cab driver over 20 cents)
Terrell Owens

ejsteeler
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Big flip! They hated him before this too. Unless of course they were Steelers fans. :yellowthumb: :cope:

Ibleedblk&gld
06-22-2010, 06:48 PM
what i don't get is...

tiger admitted to sleeping w/ numerous chicks while married...the man cheated on his family...ben wasn't even convicted of anything...no kids were involved...and he cheated on no one...how the **** is he hated more than tiger?!

75Steeler
06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't care if he is hated. We need him to win football games not elections!

Blazedby92
06-22-2010, 08:14 PM

:clap::grin1::clap:

JensK
06-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Lets admit it, we love to hate them. Its so easy to let some of the frustration, you build up during the week, out on some dude in the television. They dont fight back or anything.

I root for Vick, Ben and Tiger whenever they play really. (Not when Vick is players Steelers ofc). I don't really care what they do out of the field. I want to be entertained, and all 3 entertain me.

roosterray
06-23-2010, 11:42 AM
People hate the Steelers just like the Lakers, Cowboys, and any team that wins Championships. Every NFL Fan thinks there team has a chance and therefore by default we are more hated as team, and the QB takes the brunt of it. People like Brady and Manning cause they are Golden boys, and Ben is the bad boy. Joe Namath has a more checkered past then Ben does. :nono:

America's nature is to build you up to a champion then when you are successful too much, tear you down to the norm.:imho:

:6smile:

XLJohn
06-23-2010, 01:37 PM
:nahnah:According to my ex I am the most hated :reddevil::reddevil::reddevil:

cmerrifield
06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
This is great, lets ignore the athletes who have killed someone or even the Williams (both of them) of the Vikings who should have been suspended, but it would have hurt the Vikings playoff chances two years ago, so they appealed and still they still havent served it and the list goes on and on. Brandon Marshall who has has more arrests than recieving yards, or ....

steelfury455
06-24-2010, 01:15 PM

Yeah but think about how much more he'll be hated if/when that happens. And believe me I got faith he's gonna we're getting there. Bad enough if you're a consistant winner, folks wanna knock ya down but add a bad reputation to it and it's a whole different animal...

Dobre Shunka
06-27-2010, 03:08 AM
As a Steelers fan I eat up your hate and drink of your tears.

Bring it on!

DBR96A
07-03-2010, 05:05 PM
The good news is, Ben has nothing to lose anymore, so now it's time for him to lead us to another championship, and make everybody's hatred of him even more extreme. He's a lightning rod now, but you know what the most awesome thing is about a lightning rod? It can take all that energy and bury it in the ground like it's nothing. Now it's time for Ben to funnel everybody's hatred of him into the ground like it's nothing.

RW318
07-03-2010, 07:04 PM
what i don't get is...

tiger admitted to sleeping w/ numerous chicks while married...the man cheated on his family...ben wasn't even convicted of anything...no kids were involved...and he cheated on no one...how the **** is he hated more than tiger?!

Are you ****ing serious with this comparison? For starters lets mention that you arent gonna rot in a jail cell if you admit to adultery. Cheating is not on par with rape....or even a rape accusation.

Take Kobe Bryant for example...does anyone give two ****s that he cheated on his wife other than his wife? No. Everyone cared about a rape accusation that was fairly easy to disprove when they actually dug into it. One is so much worse than the other it's not even funny...even if it is only an accusation.

I mean I know it's all rah rah Steelers and I normally wouldnt post outside of your NFL section.....but come the **** on. It's painfully obvious why people hate him at the moment...and it's far from unjust.

This doesn't really change my hatred any....I've never been fond of his persona....especially recently. It seems like he only gave a **** about himself more than anything for awhile. I can't honestly say I hated any other Steelers QB but this guy....so don't give me any of that typical BS.

Steelerlyn
07-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Let's hope he does all he can to repair his reputation. It appears that he is trying hard.

Dean Denton
07-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Most hated because theyre all good atheletes No, they are hated because they do stupid crap....

Wonderboy
07-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I think once the real football starts instead of all this off season talk... everybody is gonna forgive and forget. I cant stand up for the guy on what hes done but hes gotta stand up, play some football, and i believe he can prove himself to steeler fans and the world.:clap:

steelersbabex25
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Ugh who really cares anymore? He's a football player, all I want for him to do is win games. All these fans saying they want him to be traded are rediculous. Wanting to trade our franchise quarterback because of something he probably didn't do and definitely won't do again is insanely dumb. Yes, 4 games are a lot for him to be out this season, but what's that in the grand scheme of things and the many more seasons he'll be playing for this team.

LarryNJ
07-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I agree with RW there's no comparison.

That being said, Ben has been through a lot of **** good and bad. The good he really didn't handle well all. I think that all the bad experiences, bike accident, Tahoe, Ga, all the negative attention has made him a stronger man. I look for him to right his ship and come back with a vengeance, in shape and more prepared than he's ever been.

Unlike the A**hole who is #1 on the list. Looks like he didn't learn a thing.

Clevelandsux
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I agree f'um. I'm so sick of hearing about this. I'm just mad at Ben for putting himself in this situation. The fact it got him suspended. Who the hell died in this country and made themselves god. Ben was never convicted of anything. For all I care Ben could be f'ing guys in a bathhouse. Just win us some games!!!!!

And Tiger, well he likes himself some bitches. Not my problem.

Vick, now that's a different story. I'm not into killing animals.

Dobre Shunka
07-05-2010, 03:17 AM
When they stop hatin on the Steelers, worry.

Dean Denton
07-13-2010, 03:52 AM
You want to know what I'm really pissed off at Ben for? I'm pissed that he has put me in a position that I have to defend or explain or even talk about how F%$&ing stupid he is whenever I wear my Steeler gear. Look, I can handle fixed SB's or blown calls, bad calls or bought off Ref's, but to deal with this is too much. It really makes me not want to wear my gear in public because I am so sick of hearing about it. I cant even go get a can of chew without some dumb *** trying to talk about Rapelisburger or asking me what I think about it. What I think is that Ben has really soured me on him, and it will take a lot for me to ever wear that #7 jersey again.

steelersbabex25
07-13-2010, 08:19 AM
People will always find something to hate on the Steelers for, they're just that team in the league.

ejsteeler
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Send me your #7 gear, I have no problem wearing it or any anyther Steelers stuff. I'll even buy it if you want. As steelersbabe said, there will always be something for the losers to complain about and it is flattering that they feel they must continue to put down the Steelers anyway they can. Ben was stupid, but not convicted of anything. I'll bet the team of the people you are dealing with can't say the same. At least, odds are they can't. :yesnod:

TEEMONT
07-17-2010, 11:25 AM
People will always find something to hate on the Steelers for, they're just that team in the league.

its not the steelers they are hatin on....just the QB who treats girls worse than most rapists

steelersbabex25
07-17-2010, 11:49 AM
its not the steelers they are hatin on....just the QB who treats girls worse than most rapists

...you/they assume.

airbrake 1
07-17-2010, 12:20 PM
the turncoat steeler fans(and i use that term loosely) coming out of the woodwork ,the season must be getting close,it's time for you ben haters to find another team to support

KSSteelerfan
07-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Talking about this is for a better term is like beating a :deadhorse:. For all of the talk that this whole mess has created it still hasn't solved anything. Unfortunately BB made some poor choices that have hurt this team. It's not like this hasn't been discussed at great lengths within the Steeler Organization from the Rooneys on down to the front office. Steeler haters can complain all that they want. But it doesn't change the outcome of the investigation by law enforcement or the ruling by Roger Goodell. Continuing to bring this hot topic up is essentially the same as crying over spilt milk. It's water under the bridge and no amount of harping about it is going to change anything or anyone elses mind. So lets move on...BB will serve his 6 games barring any other acts of stupidity and we all will just continue to root for the Steelers as we always have done. Holy Mackerel...Merry Christmas and where's the Tylenol. Ugh!!!:rant2::imho:

Dean Denton
07-19-2010, 05:53 AM
its not the steelers they are hatin on....just the QB who treats girls worse than most rapists I agree with you. Looks like your heart was broken a little too. I find it hard to be a proud fan at this point. I look forward to the day when this feeling is gone. I know what my heart tells me, and its never been wrong.

airbrake 1
07-19-2010, 06:01 AM
the dog pound awaits all you people who find it hard to stand up for the black and gold and that includes #7...good riddance

Dean Denton
07-20-2010, 04:48 AM
the dog pound awaits all you people who find it hard to stand up for the black and gold and that includes #7...good riddanceDid you ever stop to think that maybe its called standing up for yourself. Dont preach to me about loyalty or where you think the people who dont believe in Rapelisberger should go. My love for this team runs deeper than anyone I have ever come across, but this franchise failed their fans by keeping him on. Everythng this team ever stood for was lost when they decided to keep this guy on the roster. All that says is we care more about winning then we do integrity. Oh but wait...they couldn't find any HARD evidence in his "second rape" charge....I will proudly wear my Steeler gear again someday, but that day wont come until #7 finds a new home, or karma will let Ray Lewis finish what that motorcycle started...

DanRooney
07-20-2010, 05:42 AM
Did you ever stop to think that maybe its called standing up for yourself. Dont preach to me about loyalty or where you think the people who dont believe in Rapelisberger should go. My love for this team runs deeper than anyone I have ever come across, but this franchise failed their fans by keeping him on. Everythng this team ever stood for was lost when they decided to keep this guy on the roster. All that says is we care more about winning then we do integrity. Oh but wait...they couldn't find any HARD evidence in his "second rape" charge....I will proudly wear my Steeler gear again someday, but that day wont come until #7 finds a new home, or karma will let Ray Lewis finish what that motorcycle started...

Or no evidence period.

The fact that you mention Ray Lewis, who in all reality was charged with a crime equally as bad as Roethlisberger, questions your loyalties with the Steelers in everyone's eyes. I certainly hope I don't see you at Heinz field wasting a seat for a real fan.

airbrake 1
07-20-2010, 06:49 AM
dean , you were probably one of the people calling for the heads of the duke lacrosse players, What part of innocent until proven guilty don't you understand... as far as second rape accusation goes... that grifter bitch in lake tahoe needs to be put in jail, sad that when a person is the victim of extortion you don't feel sorry for them.

ejsteeler
07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
You know what I'm sick of? Besides the whole thing that is...I'm sick of hearing "how would you feel if it were your daughter..."....well, how would you feel if it were your son being accused of something he didn't do? Look at both sides, with an open mind, your attitude may change. I have a daughter and a son and it is easy to let your emotions make decisions they should not be. The only thing proven he did wrong was party where he shouldn't. Nothing else. To call him a rapist is pure BS. To compare him to Ray Lewis is just ignorant. Ray Lewis was guilty. He had to plea out of jail time. Very different.

airbrake 1
07-20-2010, 09:27 AM
the "if it was my little princess" ones are the worst of the bunch... if that was your little princess you did a lousy job parenting....you're probalbly the one who pays for their childs college tuition, and then says i want them to spend all their time stuying not working to put themselves through school... well update this is what your child is doing at college getting blasted and throwing themselves at celebrities... this is one of the biggest problems going now children think it's their parents responsibility to put them through college without them having to work to help out...spoiled little punks

DBR96A
07-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Did you ever stop to think that maybe its called standing up for yourself. Dont preach to me about loyalty or where you think the people who dont believe in Rapelisberger should go. My love for this team runs deeper than anyone I have ever come across, but this franchise failed their fans by keeping him on. Everythng this team ever stood for was lost when they decided to keep this guy on the roster. All that says is we care more about winning then we do integrity. Oh but wait...they couldn't find any HARD evidence in his "second rape" charge....I will proudly wear my Steeler gear again someday, but that day wont come until #7 finds a new home, or karma will let Ray Lewis finish what that motorcycle started...

Don't preach to us about integrity. Is the legal process in the United States not good enough for you anymore?

Apparently your hatred of Ben Roethlisberger outweighs your love of the Steelers. I think you need to find another team to cheer for.

Dean Denton
07-22-2010, 05:12 AM
It doesn't matter what I say or how I feel, because in the end Worthlisberger will screw up again and be gone. It's in his DNA... (so dont get too excited about his return) And that is the day I look forward to. I, unlike most of you am on the side of Terry Bradshaw, a real Steeler QB.

--- Added 7/22/2010 at 02:35 AM ---

You know what I'm sick of? Besides the whole thing that is...I'm sick of hearing "how would you feel if it were your daughter..."....well, how would you feel if it were your son being accused of something he didn't do? Look at both sides, with an open mind, your attitude may change. I have a daughter and a son and it is easy to let your emotions make decisions they should not be. The only thing proven he did wrong was party where he shouldn't. Nothing else. To call him a rapist is pure BS. To compare him to Ray Lewis is just ignorant. Ray Lewis was guilty. He had to plea out of jail time. Very different. I always look at both sides, and there is no way you can say for sure Ben didn't do it. (Only two people know the truth) From what I read and listen to, it sure did sound like he did. In the end it was him following her into the bathroom, not her following him. That was not her bodygaurd standing outside the door keep his friends out, it was Bens...And if it were my son I could look him in the eyes and see the truth. You have a son, and you know this to be true. Not sure how Ray's court case was thrown into this. I just added a big hit finisher by him to my wish list. I think that **** stain is guilty as hell. As I do Ben. So in my eyes The Steelers are no better then the Ravens in that regard. Its all about winning....SAD!!!!

--- Added 7/22/2010 at 04:12 AM ---

Don't preach to us about integrity. Is the legal process in the United States not good enough for you anymore?

Apparently your hatred of Ben Roethlisberger outweighs your love of the Steelers. I think you need to find another team to cheer for. I dont need to preach integrity, as a Steeler fan it should just be in your blood. And no the legal system in the United States is not good enough for me, it has been a joke in my eyes for many years. ( Let me guess, find another country...lol) And for the record I dont hate Ben, I feel sorry for him on some level. You know what I mean, its the same way you feel sorry for a retarded puppy. I cant say he's guilty or not, I dont know. I can only go with my gut feeling. And my gut say's he's a pig. I dont need to find a new team because I know "Captain Dumb ***" will do something stupid again. Might not be rape or putting his head throw a car window, but I'm sure he will find something to get himself caught up in. But the truth is your right...The question should be, whats wrong with me? As a Steeler fan I should want to be forced into defending someone like Ben everytime I go somewhere because he is such a big part in my everyday life and really cares about his fans. God forbid my conversations about the Steeler actually be about football or how great this team is going to be in years to come. Because before Ben joined this team thats all I ever talked about. I dont care that they went 25 years without winning a Superbowl, I was always proud of them. For 25 years I could hold my head up high as a fan of my beloved Steelers and laugh at all the others. Cant really do that now, can I? What made them special in my eyes was lost in the fire. But if you can tell me where to go where you think Ben gives two squirts of **** about you or anyone else please tell me. What that guy has shown the world is he cares for no one other than himself. But hey what do I know, I'm just a Steeler fan.

ejsteeler
07-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I always look at both sides, and there is no way you can say for sure Ben didn't do it.....

And there is no way you can say for sure he did. That was my point. Until I learn different through facts and not conjecture, that's my thoughts and feelings. :cope:

Dean Denton
07-23-2010, 02:37 AM
And there is no way you can say for sure he did. That was my point. Until I learn different through facts and not conjecture, that's my thoughts and feelings. :cope: Fair enough, but his behavior during the off season over the last 6 years leave's me feeling dirty and with little faith in him. I think maybe this last infraction was about all I could take. It gets old, and its only football. At what point does this guy grow up and start acting like a man, and not this retarded *** monkey that cant seem to just keep out of trouble? I am willing to bet when you heard about this last "holy **** moment", the first thing you did was bow your head in shame,:evilshake: and whisper, " You must be joking?"....lol Thats what I did....

ejsteeler
07-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Fair enough, but his behavior during the off season over the last 6 years leave's me feeling dirty and with little faith in him. I think maybe this last infraction was about all I could take. It gets old, and its only football. At what point does this guy grow up and start acting like a man, and not this retarded *** monkey that cant seem to just keep out of trouble? I am willing to bet when you heard about this last "holy **** moment", the first thing you did was bow your head in shame,:evilshake: and whisper, " You must be joking?"....lol Thats what I did....

Don't get me wrong, I understand your feelings completely, I'm just not ready to go there myself. Given, my tolerance for another problem will be extremely low however. :yesnod:

Dean Denton
07-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Don't get me wrong, I understand your feelings completely, I'm just not ready to go there myself. Given, my tolerance for another problem will be extremely low however. :yesnod:

Its my fault, I should have bought the Troy Jersey....

steelersbabex25
07-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Its my fault, I should have bought the Troy Jersey....

I feel ya. I should have bought my Ryan Clark jersey I've been wanting :evilshake:

Dean Denton
07-24-2010, 04:18 AM
I feel ya. I should have bought my Ryan Clark jersey I've been wanting :evilshake: lol, dont do it...I was really thinking of finally getting my Lambert Jersey but then he might go and do something stupid, and end up sharing a cell with LT. I think this year I will go buy a couple different Jersey's....I think its time for me to finish off Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Me getting their Jersey's should pretty much send those two poster boys right into the crapper....lol

steelersbabex25
07-24-2010, 09:40 AM
lol, dont do it...I was really thinking of finally getting my Lambert Jersey but then he might go and do something stupid, and end up sharing a cell with LT. I think this year I will go buy a couple different Jersey's....I think its time for me to finish off Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Me getting their Jersey's should pretty much send those two poster boys right into the crapper....lol

:lol:. I've got Roethlisberger, Ward, and Polamalu, but they're really all getting too cliche for me. I need to mix it up a little.

Dean Denton
07-25-2010, 04:55 AM
:lol:. I've got Roethlisberger, Ward, and Polamalu, but they're really all getting too cliche for me. I need to mix it up a little.I'll trade you my Kordell Stewart jersey for your Troy.....Hey, I bet I'm the only one with a Kordell. Might be worth something. I'm thinking I might just break down and Pull my Woodson jersey down off the wall of my Steeler room and wear that one. Cant go wrong with him....